Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 88. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
May 29, 2013, 05:39:55 PM
As a non BFL-purchaser the longer it takes the better for the rest of my Miners Wink
Activity: 42
May 29, 2013, 05:38:08 PM
Butterfly labs should be shut down today.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
May 29, 2013, 05:31:20 PM
Hi can we get a group together who is interested in suing BFL?

I'm thinking class action lawsuit, if there were 1 million orders then the US law system will take us more seriously.

1 million people is a significant number after all.
Ever hear about beating a dead horse? Everyones better off letting them at least try to deliver to their customers. law suit now will only hurt the bitcoin community and solve nothing.imho

Just like charleshoskinson said this need to work it self out. The time is not now!

Let them have a chance but Josh is better off doing his job and stop posting here to stir up hornets.

Josh!  Just get the dam job done stop promising shit!
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
May 29, 2013, 05:23:51 PM

I'm thinking class action lawsuit, if there were 1 million orders then the US law system will take us more seriously.

Certain thresholds must be met before this occurs, but they are moving closer to such an event. Please be patient and let's hope BFL delivers on their promises. A class action wouldn't recover the damages just bankrupt BFL and expose their lies to the general public. It's the nuclear option in my opinion.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
May 29, 2013, 05:14:45 PM

May 29, 2013, 03:43:18 PM
Last time I looked they do NOT publish power consumption.  KWH per bitcoin or KWH per GHS will tell you what their product is worth.

That's because when they did publish power consumption numbers they turned out to be off by several hundred percent. Until recently the published power consumption of BFL's entire SC line was 1w/Gh/s. They were allegedly so confident that this impressive level of efficiency would be met that they bet 1000BTCs that it would be achieved on shipping products, though the efficiency of the few products they have shipped has been measured to be approximately 6x 1w/Gh/s.

This means that they owe 1000BTCs to charity which they've thus far failed to pay.

We are so confident in our power consumption that we are offering up 1000 BTC to charity if we miss our power consumption targets by more than 10%. We are offering our devices at 1 watt consumed per gigahash. If our power targets end up consuming more than 1.1w of power per gigahash, we will donate 1000 BTC to charity! How is that for confidence in our power usage?

With the recent focus on power consumption, we want to reiterate that we stand behind our customers and our products. We have designed our mining equipment to be the smallest, fastest, most aesthetically pleasing and most power efficient mining device available on the planet. We guarantee that in the form of 1000 BTC! When you buy a BFL product, you know you're getting the absolute best mining device available, period.

Last month, we gave an extensive interview to Bitcoin Magazine where we shared many of the "secrets" and technical details everyone has been been waiting to see. In anticipation of the magazine's release, they've put out a couple teaser pictures of our Jalapeno and MiniRig boards.

More pictures are on the way!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bfl-power-consumption-charity-donation-160627  

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content/123-bfl-offers-1000-btc-charity-if-they-miss-their-power-targets.html

This?
Activity: 28
May 29, 2013, 03:36:00 PM
I spoke to one of their CSR's in China over chat yesterday. When I asked if they had the 5Gh units ready to ship they said "yes". When I asked if they could ship it out tomorrow if I pay right now, they said "no, 2 months". This seems ambitious but possible since they now have their manufacturing up and are learning how to box and ship.
Activity: 28
May 29, 2013, 03:29:46 PM
Delivery is in two weeks  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
May 29, 2013, 03:19:47 PM
And Josh lied there. He never donated to charity.
Activity: 434
May 29, 2013, 03:03:56 PM
Last time I looked they do NOT publish power consumption.  KWH per bitcoin or KWH per GHS will tell you what their product is worth.

That's because when they did publish power consumption numbers they turned out to be off by several hundred percent. Until recently the published power consumption of BFL's entire SC line was 1w/Gh/s. They were allegedly so confident that this impressive level of efficiency would be met that they bet 1000BTCs that it would be achieved on shipping products, though the efficiency of the few products they have shipped has been measured to be approximately 6x 1w/Gh/s.

This means that they owe 1000BTCs to charity which they've thus far failed to pay.

We are so confident in our power consumption that we are offering up 1000 BTC to charity if we miss our power consumption targets by more than 10%. We are offering our devices at 1 watt consumed per gigahash. If our power targets end up consuming more than 1.1w of power per gigahash, we will donate 1000 BTC to charity! How is that for confidence in our power usage?

With the recent focus on power consumption, we want to reiterate that we stand behind our customers and our products. We have designed our mining equipment to be the smallest, fastest, most aesthetically pleasing and most power efficient mining device available on the planet. We guarantee that in the form of 1000 BTC! When you buy a BFL product, you know you're getting the absolute best mining device available, period.

Last month, we gave an extensive interview to Bitcoin Magazine where we shared many of the "secrets" and technical details everyone has been been waiting to see. In anticipation of the magazine's release, they've put out a couple teaser pictures of our Jalapeno and MiniRig boards.

More pictures are on the way!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bfl-power-consumption-charity-donation-160627  
Activity: 752
May 29, 2013, 02:58:14 PM
So if they're sitting on all of these active miners, then once they ship, the difficulty won't change... One can only hope.
Activity: 12
May 29, 2013, 01:37:38 PM
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
May 29, 2013, 01:32:46 PM
ordered one BFL miner as well. Don't know when I can get it.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
'That Guy'
May 29, 2013, 01:27:59 PM
By the time the BFL items ship, they will be outdated lolz.
It's just that I don't think that is what they are doing with the items.

They are currently mining bitcoins with your rig you purchase, duh!
May 29, 2013, 01:18:22 PM
BFL has a few thousand of my dollars. I hope they are not a scam. I am not charging back the credit card just yet. I want the miners.

If that isn't a few thousand in Jalapeno orders placed in June or July of 2012 you should definitely request a refund or initiate a charge back. Their backlog of orders will ensure that you don't receive a product any time soon even if they do miraculously start shipping other products at or near the rate of production they claim to be within their capabilities.
May 29, 2013, 01:13:51 PM
Paying with Bitcoins is optional, though it is true they can run away with them. Whenever I make large ticket purchases, I use a credit card through PayPal. I don't like the part of them likely and probably using their systems to hash. In essence, they are no longer selling you a new item. However, if they doing some light testing to make sure everything works properly, that won't be a bad thing. It's just that I don't think that is what they are doing with the items.
Activity: 29
May 29, 2013, 01:10:56 PM
BFL has a few thousand of my dollars. I hope they are not a scam. I am not charging back the credit card just yet. I want the miners.
May 29, 2013, 12:56:15 PM
Oh!!!!

I see NOW bfl is a bet!!

I guess people are beginning to see the light that this could go bad.

Anyone here put down 30 grand on BFL?

COME ON BFL!!!!! COME ON BABE!!! YA!!!
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
May 29, 2013, 12:52:28 PM
I think many of us are in the same boat...get a refund or stick it out. Given the lack of ASIC options..I am still holding out.
I'm holding out too.  The way I see it, we're early adopters, taking a huge risk.  The bigger the risk, the bigger the reward.  Also the bigger the loss.  You gotta play to win.  Be a part of history. or sit on your a$$ and watch.  Secure some wealth for your family, tough times ahead.

So get a refund, take your money and invest in one of the other options. Those who get to market first, win. BFL is going to be last to market.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
May 29, 2013, 11:49:55 AM
Well apparently some would agree with you, a bet on BFL

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1624
Pages:
Jump to: