Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 87. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
May 30, 2013, 07:08:19 AM
It is taking so long now
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
May 30, 2013, 06:25:16 AM
Thanks for the heads up
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
May 30, 2013, 04:53:03 AM
Maybe if some of the rumblings regarding legislation to register ownership of precious metals comes to fruition, there will be a larger demand for Bitcoins as a store of wealth. I know I'm seriously thinking about it.
Huh?  Where'd you hear that from, the registration?  I know our pseudo pres is trying to say that the internet fuels extremism and that he's trying to control it.  Heck telegrams fuel extremism, people riding around on horseback fuel extremism, i.e. "The British are coming!"  Bumper stickers fuel it.  There's no end to the governments reach when it comes to security. 

I digress.  Point being, the big O is trying to control bitcoins by controlling the internet.  And the public is oblivious.  Actually makes me comfortable knowing what I know and actually doing something about it. 
Activity: 56
May 29, 2013, 11:24:50 PM
Someone much wiser than me once said, "There is no such thing as a free lunch."
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
May 29, 2013, 10:59:07 PM
Maybe if some of the rumblings regarding legislation to register ownership of precious metals comes to fruition, there will be a larger demand for Bitcoins as a store of wealth. I know I'm seriously thinking about it.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
Activity: 14
May 29, 2013, 10:15:21 PM
Has anyone actually recieved a single unit yet? I remember hearing about these guys last year.

No but they/i will .. soon.
Activity: 5
May 29, 2013, 10:12:31 PM
Has anyone actually recieved a single unit yet? I remember hearing about these guys last year.
Activity: 504
May 29, 2013, 10:03:58 PM
The bigger problem is that "transaction volume" is decreasing down to what it was when bitcoins were selling for $10 per 1 BTC.

Has no-one noticed this yet?

Unless we convince more places to "use bitcoins", with the many easy integration toys out there... (buy now buttons, web-shop integration, etc...) and convince them that is the ONLY way we intend to pay... also suggesting a decent transaction fee, where possible... (If the pool operators would be kind enough to share those too.)...

Then there will be ZERO transactions...
Zero transactions = Zero blocks found... Even if you have a 400THs machine... Zero transactions = 0THs, without a block to build.

We will all soon see...
"Waiting for work, miners idle. AVG: 0GHs"

You want to make money MAKING coins.. then YOU have to promote them... to use them... not just stock-pile them and "hope" the value rises, and people are still willing to pay that high price.

I joke, and ask everyone this...
"Got change for a few bitcoins?"
"Too bad you don't take bitcoins, I'd buy a lot more."
"Have you heard about bitcoins? Someone gave me one the other day..."

Stop telling people how EASY it is to make them, and start talking about how they can use them to buy crap. You are just decaying your own future value, inviting more miners here, and helping them take your portion of the pie faster!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
May 29, 2013, 09:58:15 PM
Butterfly labs is awesome at scamming

I thought they were shipping now? Or is that all BS? I was very tempted to buy one at one stage but just went with 2 7970's instead... I am very impatient and I would like to mine some coins before they all run out! lmao
Activity: 117
May 29, 2013, 08:13:11 PM
Butterfly labs should be shut down today.

Why? And by whom?

Right.  I was thinking that there are many other alternatives.
Activity: 32
May 29, 2013, 08:09:56 PM
Butterfly labs should be shut down today.

Why? And by whom?
Activity: 8
May 29, 2013, 07:42:20 PM
Just figure it out, how much coins may be mined now.
Let's go to http://bfl.ptz.ro/ and check out, unofficial BFL Orders site shows  4,4k orders with total 286,937 GH/s.
Can you believe that - $1,565,747 gone every day!!! just if we use average current rates..
May 29, 2013, 07:39:43 PM
I spoke to one of their CSR's in China over chat yesterday. When I asked if they had the 5Gh units ready to ship they said "yes". When I asked if they could ship it out tomorrow if I pay right now, they said "no, 2 months". This seems ambitious but possible since they now have their manufacturing up and are learning how to box and ship.

Hah...the're probably learning about how to mine coins Grin. So I think, their answer could be "we do testing, testing, and testing all of your units/miners, untill we reach full satisfaction". I hope their satisfaction will be less than a hundred mlns $$$, which they maybe mine right now.. otherwise all BFL buyers will wait too long Undecided
Activity: 644
May 29, 2013, 07:22:11 PM
Some stuff about the good natured people at BFL.

Prepare to be called an asshole and promptly Ignored by the authors of this thread - as your comment makes sense. They do that, you know Wink

This is what I don't understand.  Just because we are a pool of disenfranchised customers, furious with BFL for their negligent behavior, does not mean we are going to lynch every newbie that pops into the thread.  There is some question about the reaction to those who appear to be shills or fake accounts.  I'm only interested in actual awareness that may be consequence of this thread's existence.  I hope for everyone's sake, BFL delivers.  I personally feel betrayed and am inclined to believe that they are trying to get away with playing on the hopes of many people with the attitude that "if you fell for it, you deserve it" mentality.  If this is truly the case, and I think it is, then they have no faith in the legal system and consider the bitcoin to be a form of economic warfare.  I personally think it is great leverage for the advancement of computer technology and in that sense, has a consistent value.

I agree however when Josh comes here and picks fights with trolls just to drum up more sales that is wrong. It shows bad character and frankly I don't think he has the time to do that kind of shit. He has a job to do and quickly!!
Activity: 117
May 29, 2013, 07:14:48 PM
Some stuff about the good natured people at BFL.

Prepare to be called an asshole and promptly Ignored by the authors of this thread - as your comment makes sense. They do that, you know Wink

This is what I don't understand.  Just because we are a pool of disenfranchised customers, furious with BFL for their negligent behavior, does not mean we are going to lynch every newbie that pops into the thread.  There is some question about the reaction to those who appear to be shills or fake accounts.  I'm only interested in actual awareness that may be consequence of this thread's existence.  I hope for everyone's sake, BFL delivers.  I personally feel betrayed and am inclined to believe that they are trying to get away with playing on the hopes of many people with the attitude that "if you fell for it, you deserve it" mentality.  If this is truly the case, and I think it is, then they have no faith in the legal system and consider the bitcoin to be a form of economic warfare.  I personally think it is great leverage for the advancement of computer technology and in that sense, has a consistent value.
May 29, 2013, 07:06:05 PM
Really don't understand, in what/which game BFL playing...by doing all these things.
donator
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
May 29, 2013, 05:59:05 PM
BFL appears to be severely mismanaged; that might qualify them for some Stimulus money.  Grin
Precisely. Welcome to the new economic paradigm.
Activity: 9
May 29, 2013, 05:56:19 PM
Last time I looked they do NOT publish power consumption.  KWH per bitcoin or KWH per GHS will tell you what their product is worth. 

As I recall the 5 Ghash/s unit had 30W TDP. Avalon units are 60 Ghash/s and 620W, so if long-term profitability matters (well, for BFL customers it is the last bastion of hope), they would be better compared to other solutions to date.
Activity: 12
May 29, 2013, 05:52:18 PM
BFL appears to be severely mismanaged; that might qualify them for some Stimulus money.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: