Pages:
Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 100. (Read 77630 times)

legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
February 14, 2024, 03:22:56 PM
[edited out]
What is the actual importance of Bitcoin? If we merely talk about it as something that "will make people gain more from their investment", especially people who have yet to actually learn anything about it, it might sound like a Ponzi to those people, no?
Yes, people to think about bitcoin as a ponzi, and they don't really tend to understand what bitcoin is.. and I still see no reason to get worked up at the term investment,
Pardon me, but let me stop you there. No one is getting "worked up" at the term "investment". I'm merely debating for learning more about Bitcoin if someone wants to talk about it with other people, especially nocoiners that are still suspicious about "Bitcoin". I believe if the suspicious truly learn about how it works and how elegant of a solution was found to the Byzantine General's Problem and the game theory behind it, then something inside them might "click" and acknowledge the value of what Bitcoin gives to society. People should accept that it's a new "standard" for hard money, and THAT makes it a good investment.

No problem.

Stop getting worked up so easily.   Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The person who invested for more than one year did the best. The longer the investment is, the more bitcoins you can accumulate, the more bitcoins you accumulate, the brighter the future. That's why I prefer Bitcoin and have been investing for about 14 months. I want to be more patient with bitcoin investing, I am following the DCA method to success. Because I invested in following JJG, today I am running towards success is the single biggest achievement.

Fair enough.

14 months down and progress.  

Let's see where you are at with another 34 months - .. which would be 48 months in total.. and time to reassess - even though surely you can ongoingly reassess, but getting through a whole cycle is really likely to give a lot more concrete evidence in regards to how you dealt with the whole cycle.. .. and no, everyone does not have to handle the whole cycle the same, and there surely could be some folks who are DCA'ing in the strictest and the most traditional and consistent kinds of ways, and there may be others who attempt to hybridize their DCA approach with variations of strategies that may or may not end up paying off more than a strict and consistent DCA approach...

Personally, I get the sense that the most strict and consistent of DCA approaches may well turn out to be more on the whimpy side in order to be successful in their own right, even though surely I try to suggest for newbies (especially anyone without a whole cycle of being in bitcoin and accumulating BTC) to be as aggressive as they can without overdoing it.. and so I am not even sure if my recommendation would end up outperforming a strict DCA approach.. but it would likely end up with more value invested and perhaps even a higher cost per BTC.. which may or may not end up paying off.. and surely it is easier said than done too... because when each of us tailors our approach to our own circumstances, we likely are making decisions that vary from one another.. and that is part of the benefits and the curses of tailorizing your BTC accumulation approach.. the need to exercise personal discretion and sometimes "on the fly."
Activity: 560
Merit: 286
February 14, 2024, 02:24:14 PM
The person who invested for more than one year did the best. The longer the investment is, the more bitcoins you can accumulate, the more bitcoins you accumulate, the brighter the future. That's why I prefer Bitcoin and have been investing for about 14 months. I want to be more patient with bitcoin investing, I am following the DCA method to success. Because I invested in following JJG, today I am running towards success is the single biggest achievement.
Activity: 294
Merit: 215
February 14, 2024, 11:22:55 AM
We have learned a lot of strategies to use in accumulating bitcoin in this Buy the Dip and Hodl thread. This thread has helped me understand that there is no need to time the bitcoin dip before I can accumulate my bitcoin, which makes it very hard to time the actual bitcoin dip. With the knowledge shared on this thread, I can accumulate my bitcoin with the DCA strategy at regular intervals and still buy the bitcoin dip if I wish to do that. What I just need to do is divide my funds into two equal parts and use one part to accumulate bitcoin with the DCA strategy and use the second part to accumulate bitcoin when there is a dip in the bitcoin price.
Buying the dip is not the same as day trading where you are expected to get a perfect entry point, set stop loss and take profit within a short interval of time. Buying the dip in our case here is buying when price retraces a little or even deeper with the intention of holding it for long. You don't have to be perfect with the entries neither are you expected to be anxious to see profits immediately. Buying at dip is simply buying when the price gets lower after it has been moving rapidly upward.

Buying the dip has its advantages just like the DCA method and most preferred by those who may not have the discipline to following regularly buying methods like DCA. Other people who will also chose buying the dip are those who may not have the chance to be checking the market regularly, instead they could just set limit orders at lower prices and continue their other activities.

As you can see, buying the dip is not really a bad strategy provided the intentions is to buy and hold for long and not for quick profits like trading. Any method of buying bitcoin that aims long term and also eliminates other factor that can truncate the buying process is fine and acceptable by me because that is the main objective.  
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
February 14, 2024, 11:22:31 AM

[edited out]
What is the actual importance of Bitcoin? If we merely talk about it as something that "will make people gain more from their investment", especially people who have yet to actually learn anything about it, it might sound like a Ponzi to those people, no?

Yes, people to think about bitcoin as a ponzi, and they don't really tend to understand what bitcoin is.. and I still see no reason to get worked up at the term investment,

Pardon me, but let me stop you there. No one is getting "worked up" at the term "investment". I'm merely debating for learning more about Bitcoin if someone wants to talk about it with other people, especially nocoiners that are still suspicious about "Bitcoin". I believe if the suspicious truly learn about how it works and how elegant of a solution was found to the Byzantine General's Problem and the game theory behind it, then something inside them might "click" and acknowledge the value of what Bitcoin gives to society. People should accept that it's a new "standard" for hard money, and THAT makes it a good investment.
Activity: 224
Merit: 151
February 14, 2024, 10:53:27 AM
Historically, many folks have gotten overly greedy with their bitcoin and they put their bitcoin with third-parties in order to receive interest or yield and then they end up getting fucked.. so frequently it is not worth the risk to be using those kinds of interest bearing products in relation to your bitcoin, unless you can have some confidence that they are not gambling with your BTC too much.. which is truly difficult to assess because sometimes they are lying to you about what they are doing with your BTC in order to earn the yield.

That's why I don't like that yield farming or anything you call it which have long months or years lock-in since we don't know if they could able to last for long period of time.

Usually what we can see there is they turn scam and they take those balances and fucked up all their investors.

Much better if they just save their bitcoin on their personal wallet since they have total control of their funds and they can do whatever things they like especially selling it when they want pinch some profit.

I think people have to learn some lessons in terms of how they joke around with their bitcoins and even knowing how easy it is to lose it and how difficult it is to get it, i never fancied the idea of having to lock my bitcoin on any form of website that promises returns for me, even I they are exceptional with their work, although if someone must try such risky engagement with their bitcoin, as said over and over in this thread, use a small percentage of your holdings if you must, but at times it all boils down to our discipline cause I've seen many scam platforms pay initially then when people get to trust them and put more money in it they shut down, and even the best of us tends to fall for scheme like this, so I'll better advice we stay away from any form of farming, ponzi that's promises good return for our assets, like you said , its best we hold our Bitcoin ourselves and depend our accumulation plan to yield good results for us on the long run , greed is definitely not going to get us anywhere and short term ideas tend to also crash quickly or fail.
I don't equally fancy such ventures where am going to get my bitcoin be in control of other third party that I don't really know much about and I just have to trust them blindly in the name of yield, staking or farming. But if those third parties are really sure they don't have anything to hide, let them allow the farmers, keep their bitcoin in  their private wallet. Bitcoin is gradually becoming the most priced asset in the world and investors should start taking care of their investments and don't give it up cheaply.
Activity: 182
Merit: 120
Cashback 15%
February 14, 2024, 10:04:21 AM
Historically, many folks have gotten overly greedy with their bitcoin and they put their bitcoin with third-parties in order to receive interest or yield and then they end up getting fucked.. so frequently it is not worth the risk to be using those kinds of interest bearing products in relation to your bitcoin, unless you can have some confidence that they are not gambling with your BTC too much.. which is truly difficult to assess because sometimes they are lying to you about what they are doing with your BTC in order to earn the yield.

That's why I don't like that yield farming or anything you call it which have long months or years lock-in since we don't know if they could able to last for long period of time.

Usually what we can see there is they turn scam and they take those balances and fucked up all their investors.

Much better if they just save their bitcoin on their personal wallet since they have total control of their funds and they can do whatever things they like especially selling it when they want pinch some profit.
Greed is really a terrible thing. If not greed, what will make someone give something as precious as Bitcoin to a third party? I see yield farming and the likes as ponzi schemes where the promoters lure people with huge ROI, they will pay the first set of people so they will spread the testimony to attract more people into their scheme where they will continue to gauge the level of cash inflow and will disappear as soon as they meet their target. I remember falling for those ponzi schemes then and it was not a good experience.

Only if people can see the power there is in owning Bitcoin, a treasure you hold that will never be affected by inflation and have the potential of generating unimaginable ROI. Bitcoin is one of the investment that requires the least input and maintenance, the job is done once and nothing is required to give you a lifestyle that you will be happy about. Provided you made the investment with money you don't have any urgent need of, money you can afford to leave in your bank for several years without being perturbed, then you will enjoy the beauty of Bitcoin.

Anyone that is privileged to learn about Bitcoin investment should take it seriously as it might just be a way of securing your future without you even knowing. The small fractions of your income you inject into Bitcoin might just be your biggest investment in the future.
Talking about privacy I believe one of the primary reasons of creating bitcoin was to gain full control of your money and knowing every single details about your money like being in charge so what's the point of giving a third party to control and hold.
I have heard similar testimonies like this online and I strongly believe people who share those testimonies are part of the team and project, sometimes things like this happen and you'll see testimonies like; I have tried this and it worked and surprising you'll see so many people giving testimonies like this under the page, I believe no one actually paid them but there's a group of people who form those gang to share false news. The moment people understand about holding bitcoin and the terms the lesser we will hear different stories like this about ponzi scheme. In this situation there's nothing much to say as most people have learnt the hard way and promised not to get involve with any third party.
Merit: 168
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 14, 2024, 06:57:02 AM
After a long time the price of Bitcoin crossed 50000 dollars. This is definitely good news for every investor. But there are some people who are a bit regretful to see that Bitcoin price has touched $50,000 because they missed the investment opportunity even though they planned to invest. Those investors basically missed the opportunity as they waited for negative change after every positive change in Bitcoin but after some negative change they waited for more negative change but the market did not change as they wanted and the market moved forward at its own pace.  

The Bitcoin market dropped to $38,000 and did not take long to touch $38,000 to $50,000. If those who had planned to invest could have invested in a few steps but now they would have made a lot of profit but they are only waiting for negative changes in the market due to which their investment was not completed.
except what you are referring to is a short term investment if not either choosing to invest at $38k or $50k doesn't make any difference for a long term investor. The rate of volatility were are currently experiencing hasn't gotten to the height where you will assume that it isnt profitable to buy at the moment. Although it would have been more profitable to buy at the $38k to $40k price,  buying bitcoin at it current price is still very much okay.

As before, many may be planning to invest, but currently the price of Bitcoin is at its highest level, so many may think as before that they will invest when the market goes down again. I would say to all those investors that you start investing at any time in the market without waiting so much and continue to increase your investment according to the DCA investment strategy by relying on your investment. I hope you will be satisfied with your investment like me.
is it true that bitcoin price has a peak value? And that the current price is the highest it can go? I doubt to be really honest. I still feel that you're still sounding like one that is relating with the price of bitcoin as a trader rather than someone interested in holding for a long time. If you look at the price of bitcoin at the range of five to six years back and you compare it to the current bitcoin price at the moment, you wouldn't consider $50k a peak at all. If you have the resources to accumulate bitcoin now, I feel it's still okay to do so because considering the recent happening in the global market and the high rate of dependence and adoption bitcoin has experienced, buying at the current price and holding for just five to seven years will give you a very profitable investment.
The market  Bitcoin now $38k and will not take long to touch to $50k. This kind of price movement can indeed present both opportunities and challenge for investors. For those who were considering investing but hesitated due to concerns about further drop it is understandable to feel a sense of missed opportunity as the price has since risen. Investing in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin can be highly unpredictable and timing the market perfectly is difficult.
As a bitcoin investor who understands what you are doing and you are in for it for a long time, then timing the market is none of your business. You don't need that as it is going to slow you down in achieving your investment goals. Moreover nobody has successfully succeeded in timing the bitcoin price movement. This is why bitcoin is unpredictable. So remove your focus from market activities. Your only focus should be  buying. The only time you visit the  is when you are buying your bitcoin with your adopted approach as a long term investor.
We have learned a lot of strategies to use in accumulating bitcoin in this Buy the Dip and Hodl thread. This thread has helped me understand that there is no need to time the bitcoin dip before I can accumulate my bitcoin, which makes it very hard to time the actual bitcoin dip. With the knowledge shared on this thread, I can accumulate my bitcoin with the DCA strategy at regular intervals and still buy the bitcoin dip if I wish to do that. What I just need to do is divide my funds into two equal parts and use one part to accumulate bitcoin with the DCA strategy and use the second part to accumulate bitcoin when there is a dip in the bitcoin price.
Activity: 364
Merit: 154
Cashback 15%
February 13, 2024, 07:28:18 PM

I think people have to learn some lessons in terms of how they joke around with their bitcoins and even knowing how easy it is to lose it and how difficult it is to get it, i never fancied the idea of having to lock my bitcoin on any form of website that promises returns for me, even I they are exceptional with their work, although if someone must try such risky engagement with their bitcoin, as said over and over in this thread, use a small percentage of your holdings if you must, but at times it all boils down to our discipline cause I've seen many scam platforms pay initially then when people get to trust them and put more money in it they shut down, and even the best of us tends to fall for scheme like this, so I'll better advice we stay away from any form of farming, ponzi that's promises good return for our assets, like you said , its best we hold our Bitcoin ourselves and depend our accumulation plan to yield good results for us on the long run , greed is definitely not going to get us anywhere and short term ideas tend to also crash quickly or fail.
investing such scheme is totally waste of time. They are mostly scam project at first they would first earn your trust and later take advantage of it alot of newbies as fall as victims thinking that such scam project is the way to start investing in bitcoin which is totally wrong because you may endup losing funds you should have use in accumulating more bitcoin in your portfolio, that you know you will surely yeild good profits from. Than wasting your funds in such scam project so is not advisable to deposit to such project. Just gently find your self a better sources of income that would help in accumulating.
The market  Bitcoin now $38k and will not take long to touch to $50k. This kind of price movement can indeed present both opportunities and challenge for investors. For those who were considering investing but hesitated due to concerns about further drop it is understandable to feel a sense of missed opportunity as the price has since risen. Investing in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin
As a bitcoin investor who understands what you are doing and you are in for it for a long time, then timing the market is none of your business. You don't need that as it is going to slow you down in achieving your investment goals. Moreover nobody has successfully succeeded in timing the bitcoin price movement. This is why bitcoin is unpredictable. So remove your focus from market activities. Your only focus should be  buying. The only time you visit the  is when you are buying your bitcoin with your adopted approach as a long term investor.
just as they say "you can drag a donkey to the water but you can't force them to drink from it". Alot of individual are like that no matter how you try to show them the beauty of investing in bitcoin, they would keep procastinating whether to buy or not. They would alway endup with regrets saying had I known I would have started accumulating bitcoin on it's early stages. Some even go further saying that there's no need for that anymore that bitcoin has already hitting a great peaks. I would just looked at them and laugh because this recent price is just the beginning of bitcoin breakthrough's. The way must of us as being say "had I known" I would invested in bitcoin when it's price was still around 4 digit that how alot of people would still endup saying 'had I known" I would have invested on bitcoin when it was below or around $40k. Go to bitcoin price history and see the massive changes in bitcoin price today and still there's more breakthrough ahead. so you don't need someone to keep saying you should aim for long-term investment.
Activity: 350
Merit: 335
February 13, 2024, 07:20:11 PM

Greed is really a terrible thing. If not greed, what will make someone give something as precious as Bitcoin to a third party? I see yield farming and the likes as ponzi schemes where the promoters lure people with huge ROI, they will pay the first set of people so they will spread the testimony to attract more people into their scheme where they will continue to gauge the level of cash inflow and will disappear as soon as they meet their target. I remember falling for those ponzi schemes then and it was not a good experience.

Only if people can see the power there is in owning Bitcoin, a treasure you hold that will never be affected by inflation and have the potential of generating unimaginable ROI. Bitcoin is one of the investment that requires the least input and maintenance, the job is done once and nothing is required to give you a lifestyle that you will be happy about. Provided you made the investment with money you don't have any urgent need of, money you can afford to leave in your bank for several years without being perturbed, then you will enjoy the beauty of Bitcoin.

Anyone that is privileged to learn about Bitcoin investment should take it seriously as it might just be a way of securing your future without you even knowing. The small fractions of your income you inject into Bitcoin might just be your biggest investment in the future.
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
February 13, 2024, 07:11:34 PM

Exactly!!  I have had some pretty extensive debates with several forum members about these kinds of ideas regarding whether selling any of your BTC is a good thing and/or a way to manage your exposure to BTC and also to manage your ability to draw an income from your bitcoin holdings - and so part of the key is to both get enough and probably even moreso to get to a point in which you are over invested in bitcoin.  I am not talking about being overinvested in bitcoin in a kind of gambling sense but more in a sense that you likely are able to live off of your various other assets and/or even including a portion of your BTC, yet you also have extra BTC that you can treat as surplus and to be able to sell small amounts of the extra BTC and never really use up the extra BTC.

Even though in the past, I sometimes have given examples (hypotheticals) of ways that guys could come to fair assessments that they are overallocated to bitcoin,  I cannot really make those kinds of assessment for other guys.. and so each of us has to come to those kinds of assessed conclusions for ourselves.. and maybe even we might share some examples/hypotheticals in this thread or maybe in related threads, such as my sustainable withdrawal thread in order that maybe some other members (including yours truly) might give our own opinions in regards to if we believe that the situation appears to reach a status of sustainable withdrawal or overallocation.. or whatever kind of second opinion that guys might be wanting to get from other members in this forum.. yet in the end, sometimes we might not agree, but it still can be helpful to describe ideas (and hypotheticals) in order to try to figure out if either sustainable withdrawal has been achieved or maybe if some kind of a transition from strict accumulation and into maintenance or some less strict accumulation might start to be justifiable (while at the same time each member is responsible for each and all of the ways that he chooses to manage his bitcoin holdings).

Let's get this right because it seems everyone seems to be advocating that the DCA method is the best. I know the methord is very popular and most people that might have practiced it in the past might have hard positive result from it but what about a situation that someone has enough money and monitors the price of bitcoin and when it gets bearish to a  particular range of value he buys it and does that continually for the particular number of year.
Anyone who is using the DCA strategy to accumulate bitcoin does not mean the person is poor. The DCA strategy is used by investors who wish to reduce the influence of volatility over their investment. The DCA strategy allows investors to accumulate bitcoin even when the price is increasing or decreasing. If someone decides to accumulate bitcoin when the bitcoin price is at the dip, anyone will jail that person because it is his money, but that strategy will only make him or her accumulate bitcoin at the dip, which could delay his bitcoin accumulation process because if bitcoin doesn't dip to a certain price while the person is waiting, he or she cannot accumulate bitcoin. As a newbie, you can stick with the DCA strategy for accumulating your bitcoin because it will help to control your emotions and you will not get hurt while accumulating bitcoin.

It might be worth emphasizing that DCA is tailored towards the establishment and follow through with a personal budget in which an amount of dollars (or whatever is your native currency) is used on a regular basis (perhaps weekly) in order to buy BTC no matter what the BTC price, and so in the strictest sense DCA does not consider BTC price at all - but still likely has a presumption that in the longer term 4-10 years or longer that the BTC price is going to generally be trending upwards, so that there are decently good odds that they guy employing DCA will have more options in the future than he would have had if he had not been DCAing.  Of course, the outcome is not guaranteed, even though with bitcoin, there is a bit of a presumption that bitcoin is an asymmetric bet to the upside, so it does not necessarily take a lot of value invested into bitcoin in order to have decently good possibilities of being in a better position by investing into bitcoin as contrasted with not having had invested in bitcoin.

Of course, the more that a guy knows about bitcoin and the longer that he has been accumulating bitcoin, the more likely that he could end up tailoring his BTC accumulation in various ways that supplement and compliment DCA - yet at the same time, DCA can still end up being a default position for guys who are rich, poor (as you mentioned Mayor of ogba) and/or not sure about what to do in regards to BTC accumulation.. so maybe a kind of situation in which, when in doubt, then just DCA in a way that is reasonable to your budget and figure out the details  later in terms of whether more BTC accumulation aggressiveness might be preferable.. 
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1102
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
February 13, 2024, 06:08:08 PM
Finally the price of bitcoin is 50k. We understand that we are in a bullish market, as it has risen sharply over the past week. It has increased by 16.8% in the last one week, which clearly shows that the price of Bitcoin is now in the bull market. We should accumulate as much as possible. Because it will definitely increase. Trust and holding on bitcoin, it will surely reach 100k. All that is required is long-term holding and trust in Bitcoin, and hold it patiently. Of course we can achieve success.

The price of $50K for Bitcoin at the moment is a pretty good price even though it is still below the all-time high price, but over time Bitcoin definitely still has the potential to create a new ATH this year even if it is not directly for $100K. And regarding trust in Bitcoin, now even those who are still doubtful and don't believe in Bitcoin immediately feel regret because they didn't want to buy when the price was still low.

Apart from that, those who still have fear of buying Bitcoin at low prices also feel the same level of regret at this time because they should have been able to get more profits if they were not afraid to buy when the price was still below $40K. And now investors and traders who frequently enter and exit the market have seen quite significant profits through Bitcoin due to market conditions which are starting to be bullish at the moment and perhaps this will continue for Bitcoin.
Activity: 224
Merit: 151
February 13, 2024, 06:03:40 PM
After a long time the price of Bitcoin crossed 50000 dollars. This is definitely good news for every investor. But there are some people who are a bit regretful to see that Bitcoin price has touched $50,000 because they missed the investment opportunity even though they planned to invest. Those investors basically missed the opportunity as they waited for negative change after every positive change in Bitcoin but after some negative change they waited for more negative change but the market did not change as they wanted and the market moved forward at its own pace.  

The Bitcoin market dropped to $38,000 and did not take long to touch $38,000 to $50,000. If those who had planned to invest could have invested in a few steps but now they would have made a lot of profit but they are only waiting for negative changes in the market due to which their investment was not completed.
except what you are referring to is a short term investment if not either choosing to invest at $38k or $50k doesn't make any difference for a long term investor. The rate of volatility were are currently experiencing hasn't gotten to the height where you will assume that it isnt profitable to buy at the moment. Although it would have been more profitable to buy at the $38k to $40k price,  buying bitcoin at it current price is still very much okay.

As before, many may be planning to invest, but currently the price of Bitcoin is at its highest level, so many may think as before that they will invest when the market goes down again. I would say to all those investors that you start investing at any time in the market without waiting so much and continue to increase your investment according to the DCA investment strategy by relying on your investment. I hope you will be satisfied with your investment like me.
is it true that bitcoin price has a peak value? And that the current price is the highest it can go? I doubt to be really honest. I still feel that you're still sounding like one that is relating with the price of bitcoin as a trader rather than someone interested in holding for a long time. If you look at the price of bitcoin at the range of five to six years back and you compare it to the current bitcoin price at the moment, you wouldn't consider $50k a peak at all. If you have the resources to accumulate bitcoin now, I feel it's still okay to do so because considering the recent happening in the global market and the high rate of dependence and adoption bitcoin has experienced, buying at the current price and holding for just five to seven years will give you a very profitable investment.
The market  Bitcoin now $38k and will not take long to touch to $50k. This kind of price movement can indeed present both opportunities and challenge for investors. For those who were considering investing but hesitated due to concerns about further drop it is understandable to feel a sense of missed opportunity as the price has since risen. Investing in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin can be highly unpredictable and timing the market perfectly is difficult.
As a bitcoin investor who understands what you are doing and you are in for it for a long time, then timing the market is none of your business. You don't need that as it is going to slow you down in achieving your investment goals. Moreover nobody has successfully succeeded in timing the bitcoin price movement. This is why bitcoin is unpredictable. So remove your focus from market activities. Your only focus should be  buying. The only time you visit the  is when you are buying your bitcoin with your adopted approach as a long term investor.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 506
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
February 13, 2024, 05:39:16 PM
Anyone who is using the DCA strategy to accumulate bitcoin does not mean the person is poor. The DCA strategy is used by investors who wish to reduce the influence of volatility over their investment. The DCA strategy allows investors to accumulate bitcoin even when the price is increasing or decreasing. If someone decides to accumulate bitcoin when the bitcoin price is at the dip, anyone will jail that person because it is his money, but that strategy will only make him or her accumulate bitcoin at the dip, which could delay his bitcoin accumulation process because if bitcoin doesn't dip to a certain price while the person is waiting, he or she cannot accumulate bitcoin. As a newbie, you can stick with the DCA strategy for accumulating your bitcoin because it will help to control your emotions and you will not get hurt while accumulating bitcoin.
Yes, doing DCA does not mean that an investor is relatively poor. There may be many investors who do DCA only to reduce their risk. Many also use this strategy as their strategy where an investor can profit from market volatility and buy from dip, It basically depends on the investor. Moreover, this is the accepted method for those who want to be regular for Bitcoin savings. By applying this strategy, a Bitcoin holder has the opportunity to grow his holdings in the long term. By applying this strategy an investor is able to protect himself from the high volatility of Bitcoin price increases or decreases.
Activity: 98
Merit: 55
February 13, 2024, 03:33:25 PM

Activity: 154
Merit: 44
Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 13, 2024, 02:41:20 PM

I have been holding my investment for a long time and this is the highest price Bitcoin has touched since I invested so it can be assumed that I am currently profiting enough from my investment. I have more faith in the market so I will go longer with my investment. DCA investment strategy has really changed my way of thinking about investing, so far the best strategy for investing is DCA investment strategy.  

As before, many may be planning to invest, but currently the price of Bitcoin is at its highest level, so many may think as before that they will invest when the market goes down again. I would say to all those investors that you start investing at any time of the market without waiting so much and continue to increase your investment according to the DCA investment strategy by relying on your investment. I hope you will be satisfied with your investment like me.
Those who fails to utilize the opportunity of acquiring bitcoin when the market is in bearish condition will have nothing else but regrets and you and I know that regret doesn't add any profit to your holdings. One thing I have love about my stay in this thread for the little time I have been here is that this thread has given me a sound conviction of mind that bitcoin will always rise after the bearish market. So I see every bearish trend in the market as a norm and an opportunity to get more bitcoin. If you don't buy you have no option but to live in regret. But the truth is nobody gives a fuck about your regret. In bitcoin investment you gain as much as you are ready and willing to buy. There is no magic in it.

You have a point saying that bearish market is good for the buying, but I don't think that anyone should be in  regret about missed opportunities, cause  everytime is a good time to start your accumulation journey, what would say about those that knew about bitcoin for more than 8 years ago and didn't take any action about it, sure they would feel messed up about that missed opportunity, but the truth is its not too late to start investing in bitcoin, even now some are still speculating 100k bitcoin price this year, while it's not guaranteed to happen but there is still hope for anyone who didn't start then, and I'll tell you that starting late doesn't guarantee how many bitcoin we would end up with, as long as such person stays on his track of using DCA strategically and finds a way to increase his allocations to buying bitcoin or maybe even some front loading on his portfolio he might not end up in much regret once he has consistently been practicing buying and holding for 4 years and finally he would be much happier, he might even end up with more bitcoins in his portfolio than most of us.

Anyone can still start investing this year or even next year and not be too late, all we are saying is that investing now is the best 👌,  the earlier the better.
You are actually right on this bro, their is no need to regret of missed opportunity, the DCA method makes every minutes of the day am opportunity to buy and it's also make it easier in the accumulating process, right now we are still in the early days  of Bitcoin, so I believe that it potential is way more than this $50000 Mark that it's now, Bitcoin as an asset have behaved like a fine wine 🍷🍾 over the years because it get better with age, and I believe that due to it limited supply, it has the potential of going up to $500000 Mark in the nearest future.

Your right about bitcoin beign in its early days and we are still expecting much potential from it, anyone accumulating bitcoin or storing his value in bitcoin is on a very safe side cause at the end of the day bitcoin wouldn't be like fait currency that loses value everyday and is beign printed everyday, check out my own local currency naira it has so lost value in the past 2 years than it did in the last 10 years before, and it's still losing value, to me bitcoin offers more than an investment opportunity but it also empowers me to at least be safe from deflation which is so constantly happening in my country, if not for the fact that Bitcoin p2p has not become so widely accepted in our local market and probably would still be a problem cause of high gas fees or even old people finding it difficult to learn, I would not have valued having any asset in cash, cause right now it more like a liability than an asset.
Activity: 140
Merit: 92
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
February 13, 2024, 02:26:15 PM
we can also have someone who recently started investing in bitcoin, understand how to trade is could be making more profits while he's still having more coins in his portfolio for hold over the bull season aside the trading he's into.

There you go, I see you as someone that is in to or support trading thou am not against you for that is your choice but talking trading in that manner is totally deviating from the concepts of this thread, because there is no way you can classify investment on Bitcoin for long term and those that invest for short term profit maximization, there is a total difference between the two.  

Talking about short term or trading means that you are exposing yourself to greater risk of losses and is more like gambling than investing because it creates that emotional unrest of monitoring the downward and upward trends of market condition by focusing on profits maximization within the shortest time frame, trading is very complex even to  old  experience traders let alone the newbies.

Just know that trading for short term profits is more like gambling than investin, and the topic of discussion is based upon long term investment alone and not it's combination with trading for short term profit maximization. If you are combining the both I think it should be done quietly rather than  bringing such idea here, i think prioritizing long term investment alone is why we are here.
Activity: 364
Merit: 154
Cashback 15%
February 13, 2024, 11:16:33 AM
The lump sump strategy that I know is very different from the buy the dip strategy, the lump sump strategy is where you buy all at once with all the capital you have but the buy the dip strategy is usually used by investors who only enter the market when the market is just bearish conditions
Let's get this right because it seems everyone seems to be advocating that the DCA method is the best. I know the methord is very popular and most people that might have practiced it in the past might have hard positive result from it but what about a situation that someone has enough money and monitors the price of bitcoin and when it gets bearish to a  particular range of value he buys it and does that continually for the particular number of
year.

I know it might seem like the same thing that traders do but you're not monitoring the price for the purpose of trading when the price goes up but what you're just after is the most convinient price you're going to be buying whenever you want to buy.
To he honest as a investor would you keep to this, because you may endup not accumulating more bitcoin. Buying the dip and all that is great and nice strategies we all know that. But how often you sure you gonna keep buying the dip that means in a scenario like when bitcoin was still In $40k as an investor that have the mindset of  always buying  the dip only. so you would have to exercise patient till the price decrease to around $38k or below. But look now what is the present price of bitcoin is it below $40k nahhh bitcoin now is around $50k and before hitting that price it's didn't experience any dip  below $40k. So as an newbie that haven't invested more in bitcoin and you always waiting for the dip, what would be your faith now if this $50k is just the beginning of the bullish run. Means that you've already missing out that is why is  always advisable expecially for newbie to always exercise DCA strategies irrespective to your financial capability to avoid state of you missing out.
Activity: 560
Merit: 286
February 13, 2024, 10:54:59 AM
Finally the price of bitcoin is 50k. We understand that we are in a bullish market, as it has risen sharply over the past week. It has increased by 16.8% in the last one week, which clearly shows that the price of Bitcoin is now in the bull market. We should accumulate as much as possible. Because it will definitely increase. Trust and holding on bitcoin, it will surely reach 100k. All that is required is long-term holding and trust in Bitcoin, and hold it patiently. Of course we can achieve success.

Here we learn strategies on how to hold Bitcoin for the long term. We may want to sell our accumulated bitcoins whenever we feel the signs of market improvement, so we will follow strategies to invest in DCA method. Investing in the DCA method will save on the average price of Bitcoin. And our bitcoin investment will be long term which should be minimum investment period of 5 to 10 years.
The more Bitcoin is a long-term investment, the more sales profit it is possible to achieve.
Merit: 168
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 13, 2024, 10:41:01 AM
The psychological impact of making a large purchase all at once versus employing a DCA strategy can indeed influence one's perception and decision making process. When purchasing everything at once there a sense of commitment and finality which may lead to feelings of regret or doubt if market conditions change suddenly.

On the other hand DCA spread out the investment over time reducing the immediate impact of market fluctuations and potentially alleviating regret if prices drop shortly after the initial purchase. This approach can provide a sense of security and discipline as it minimizes the risk of making a significant investment at an inopportune moment.

Both strategies can lead to profits over time provided that the investor has the patience and commitment to hold onto their investments through market fluctuations. The key lies in maintaining a long term perspective and staying focused on one investment goals rather than becoming overly influenced by short term market movements or past decisions.
The most important thing to profit from investing in Bitcoin is patience and holding.
I disagree with your statement because profit is what we will benefit from our bitcoin investment if only you have the patience and energy to hold bitcoin for the long term.
Let's get this right because it seems everyone seems to be advocating that the DCA method is the best. I know the methord is very popular and most people that might have practiced it in the past might have hard positive result from it but what about a situation that someone has enough money and monitors the price of bitcoin and when it gets bearish to a  particular range of value he buys it and does that continually for the particular number of year.
Activity: 312
Merit: 18
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
February 13, 2024, 10:39:19 AM
Pages:
Jump to: