Pages:
Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 96. (Read 77647 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 113
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 19, 2024, 04:38:19 AM
For those who are trying to invest in new real estate, it can be good to start investing with Bitcoin. When I first invested it was very difficult for me because I didn't understand about real estate investment at first so I invested all my money in Bitcoin.
It is a good initiative for you to start investing in Bitcoin instead of investing in real estate.The fact that you use the dollar cost averaging method to invest in Bitcoin is also an important step you take.This approach has made the journey of Bitcoin investment easier for all of us.In DCA method we can invest our bitcoin anytime and we have to plan to hold it for a long time.
Slowly.  When I learned about investing, I started investing using DAC method without investing full money and gradually gained a lot of money.
By investing in Dollar Cost Averaging method one may not get good profit in short period of time it needs to hold for long time to get profit in this method. It was wise that you did not invest your entire money in Bitcoin because if you had invested your entire money you would have been forced to sell the investment when you needed the money. The advantage of investing in the DCA method is that we will gradually purchase bitcoins and hold them for a long period of time.

Never invest for a short period of time, the longer the Bitcoin investment, the more benefits you can reap. But I want to know?  How long have you invested in bitcoins?  I have been holding on to Bitcoin for over a year now even though I invest every 15 days (twice a month) my investment has often grown huge. Now my portfolio has added a lot of dividends, so I have proven from my investment that holding Bitcoin for a long time is definitely possible to earn more profits. So I will be ready to hold my investment for 7 to 8 years, and I will invest twice a month or weekly if I feel like investing.
Activity: 602
Merit: 291
February 19, 2024, 04:24:57 AM
Many people fail in their investments in Bitcoin and all because they didn't learn much about Bitcoin.

On the contrary wanting to have or learn much about Bitcoin could possibly leads to procrastination, you may end up not having Bitcoin in your portfolio because you feel you have not learnt much, from what I have learnt in this thread which I believe is the best, having the basics or fundamental knowledge of Bitcoin is all you need in your Bitcoin investment, while you tend to learn more as time progresses.

~Snip
Judging someone who learns too much about Bitcoin at the risk of having their bitcoin investment delayed, I don't think that's right. Because you need to know that every potential bitcoin investor has different traits, characteristics and desires. So of course there are potential investors who are very careful, there are also those who are just average (medium), or the worst are potential bitcoin investors who are too ignorant (don't study Bitcoin at all). So, of these three characteristics, maybe your opinion (@Tmoonz) is more inclined towards those who are just ordinary (medium) cautious. Because this is in accordance with what you explained. This means that when you want to invest in bitcoin, the scientific step (learning) is just to learn the basics about bitcoin. And the steps will definitely suit you and people who have normal alertness.

However, this is different from people (potential bitcoin investors) who have very high caution. A typical person like that will definitely never feel satisfied so something he is going to do (invest in bitcoin) has not been studied thoroughly. Because in essence, typical people who have high caution basically always want more details when studying something like Bitcoin. Because if there are no details, prospective bitcoin investors who are very careful will definitely not feel calm.
So at this point I assume that your assumptions(Tmoonz) are only intended for people with average (medium) caution and cannot be averaged out to all potential bitcoin investors.

Because in conclusion, every bitcoin investor has their own style and method when investing.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
February 19, 2024, 01:48:35 AM
[edited out]
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's not a joke. I truly believe that as Bitcoin HODLers, we should learn more about our investment. It's also no mere investment, it could be the most important asset, like Gold, that might serve as a back-up/fall-back if the current financial system fails/crashes.

Bitcoin's technical design and the design decisions made by the Core Developers ensures that it remains as a form of hard money for internet transactions. Those big institutions wouldn't touch Bitcoin and wrap it in an ETF, if that didn't have any value.
To the extent that you might not be changing your position and to the extent that I can even remember what we were arguing about in regards to whether bitcoin should be considered and presented to newbies as an investment or as something else, such as a technological phenomena that is better than any shitcoin.. blah blah, blah, it could well be that we are devolving into arguments about semantics... to the extent that you are still worked up about any of my potentially lame attempts at making light of bitcoin-related matters.  

No ser, I'm merely telling you that investing in Bitcoin and learning its technical features about WHY it's a good investment is also as important, probably more, as taking it as an investment itself. Many newbies would probably not care, but I believe if experiencing their first -50% drawdown it would be those newbies that would not have enough conviction to HODL.

Thanks for that further clarification, and sure fair enough in regards to a potential importance that comes from trying to understand some of the technical aspects of bitcoin in order to contribute towards the potentiality of developing stronger investment conviction, and so maybe that again is helping to highlight where you and I are considering these kinds of matters regarding the importance (or lack thereof) technical knowledge differently.

It doesn't have to be a deep understanding of every technical feature of Bitcoin. I believe a mere understanding on why censorship-resistance is the main value-proposition of decentralization would be enough. From that, any person who's willing, could do his/her own research about how that's being made possible and why Proof Of Work and Bitcoin both can't exist without the other.

It's very VERY important for people to learn, or have the interest to learn these matters. They could form their own opinions later on and they'll never be misinformed by fudsters.
Activity: 140
Merit: 92
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
February 19, 2024, 01:07:57 AM
Many people fail in their investments in Bitcoin and all because they didn't learn much about Bitcoin.

On the contrary wanting to have or learn much about Bitcoin could possibly leads to procrastination, you may end up not having Bitcoin in your portfolio because you feel you have not learnt much, from what I have learnt in this thread which I believe is the best, having the basics or fundamental knowledge of Bitcoin is all you need in your Bitcoin investment, while you tend to learn more as time progresses.the following factors can be consider which includes
1) having a good in come flow
2) method of buying (lump sum or dca)
3) provisional emergency and reserve funds to take care of your unforseen circumstances
4) your goals and objectives and taken care of your basic needs.
having a missteps in your Bitcoin journey is what I think is normal why not taking corrections or re strategiesing is what is bad.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
February 18, 2024, 11:17:34 PM
When we invest in Bitcoin we have to wait for a long time to get our profit. Most of all I feel hesitant to invest in Bitcoin because I know it is very safe to invest in Bitcoin. That's why I invest in Bitcoin most of the time. After some time I invest in Bitcoin.  It's foolish to expect profit if we can't hold it for a long time, so I think if we invest in bitcoins, we should hold bitcoins for a long time.
Investing in DAC method becomes very safe and easy. I know many people who get salary at the end of the month, if they want, they can invest in bitcoins every month with a part of their salary. Thus if they invest and buy bitcoins every month with some money, we can call it investment in DAC method.
The method is DCA, not DAC Grin

Investing in Bitcoin requires patience because the price will fluctuate over time. People who are already invested in Bitcoin try to continue buying Bitcoin using the DCA method and holding it for a while. They have seen how Bitcoin can benefit them. That's what keeps them investing in Bitcoin.

Those who have a salary can use a small part of their salary to start investing. Unfortunately, there are still people who doubt investing in Bitcoin. But that's okay because investing in Bitcoin is everyone's choice. We cannot force them to invest in Bitcoin.

It is recommended that those who want to start investing in Bitcoin learn first. This avoids doubts or other things that could interfere with their journey in investing in Bitcoin. Many people fail in their investments in Bitcoin and all because they didn't learn much about Bitcoin.
That's right, DCA or not as long as it aims to make a long-term investment is a good choice. However, DCA is very suitable for those who have a fixed income or salary every month or week to accumulate Bitctoin gradually at a certain time, after they prioritize their important needs.
And we must be able to make choices that suit our abilities and income to be able to invest in Bitcoin, and continue to study or study what is suitable for us and do it for the long term. Because in the long term Bitcoin will definitely provide good returns in terms of profits as long as we do it patiently and consistently.
Activity: 154
Merit: 109
February 18, 2024, 10:25:05 PM
For those who are trying to invest in new real estate, it can be good to start investing with Bitcoin. When I first invested it was very difficult for me because I didn't understand about real estate investment at first so I invested all my money in Bitcoin.
It is a good initiative for you to start investing in Bitcoin instead of investing in real estate.The fact that you use the dollar cost averaging method to invest in Bitcoin is also an important step you take.This approach has made the journey of Bitcoin investment easier for all of us.In DCA method we can invest our bitcoin anytime and we have to plan to hold it for a long time.
Slowly.  When I learned about investing, I started investing using DAC method without investing full money and gradually gained a lot of money.
By investing in Dollar Cost Averaging method one may not get good profit in short period of time it needs to hold for long time to get profit in this method. It was wise that you did not invest your entire money in Bitcoin because if you had invested your entire money you would have been forced to sell the investment when you needed the money. The advantage of investing in the DCA method is that we will gradually purchase bitcoins and hold them for a long period of time.
Whether bitcoin investment or real estate all of the aforementioned investment can yield maximum result if it is managed proper. It is proper for crypto enthusiast to choose bitcoin investment over real estate because they have chosen it as an investment niche. You choose where you want to put your money as long as it is not money you can afford to lose.

Slowly.  When I learned about investing, I started investing using DAC method without investing full money and gradually gained a lot of money.
When we invest in Bitcoin we have to wait for a long time to get our profit. Most of all I feel hesitant to invest in Bitcoin because I know it is very safe to invest in Bitcoin.
Your confused here. Hesitating to invest in bitcoin means your slacking and feeling too reluctant to start investing in bitcoin.

It's foolish to expect profit if we can't hold it for a long time, so I think if we invest in bitcoins, we should hold bitcoins for a long time.
You are wrong. Short or long term holding there is a profit that an investor would get. It all depends on the investor to choose what he wants. However, it is more profitable to invest for long term. This is the reason why most investors prefer long term to short term. Perhaps you are not aware that a person can still invest inong term and when the price dips on the long run they start crying for losses. Always understand profit and loss can come in short term or long term investment.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 816
February 18, 2024, 10:21:23 PM
When we invest in Bitcoin we have to wait for a long time to get our profit. Most of all I feel hesitant to invest in Bitcoin because I know it is very safe to invest in Bitcoin. That's why I invest in Bitcoin most of the time. After some time I invest in Bitcoin.  It's foolish to expect profit if we can't hold it for a long time, so I think if we invest in bitcoins, we should hold bitcoins for a long time.
Investing in DAC method becomes very safe and easy. I know many people who get salary at the end of the month, if they want, they can invest in bitcoins every month with a part of their salary. Thus if they invest and buy bitcoins every month with some money, we can call it investment in DAC method.
The method is DCA, not DAC Grin

Investing in Bitcoin requires patience because the price will fluctuate over time. People who are already invested in Bitcoin try to continue buying Bitcoin using the DCA method and holding it for a while. They have seen how Bitcoin can benefit them. That's what keeps them investing in Bitcoin.

Those who have a salary can use a small part of their salary to start investing. Unfortunately, there are still people who doubt investing in Bitcoin. But that's okay because investing in Bitcoin is everyone's choice. We cannot force them to invest in Bitcoin.

It is recommended that those who want to start investing in Bitcoin learn first. This avoids doubts or other things that could interfere with their journey in investing in Bitcoin. Many people fail in their investments in Bitcoin and all because they didn't learn much about Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
February 18, 2024, 10:15:18 PM
Slowly.  When I learned about investing, I started investing using DAC method without investing full money and gradually gained a lot of money.
When we invest in Bitcoin we have to wait for a long time to get our profit.

You do not have to wait.. You can do whatever you want.

If you are recognizing that the value of the thing that you are investing in (bitcoin in this case) has decently good chances of appreciating in value greater than anything else, then you should have an incentive and appreciation to keep decent amount of your value in bitcoin.

So yeah.. pull your profits out whenever you like and it likely has consequences, which means that you probably should not be investing into bitcoin with money that you need in the short-to-medium term.

Of course it is frequently mentioned that if you get so much of your value in bitcoin, then it likely becomes practical to take some value out.. because you likely need the value to live off of, and also your BTC holding could grow to such proportions that it constitutes an overwhelming majority of any of your wealth.. and so surely, you would likely be needing to shave off  some of the value for a variety of reasons.. whether consumption or investment related.

Most of all I feel hesitant to invest in Bitcoin because I know it is very safe to invest in Bitcoin.

That sentence makes no sense.. it is internally contradictory...

That's why I invest in Bitcoin most of the time. After some time I invest in Bitcoin.  

Hopefully you are not over doing your investment.

Hopefully you are retaining enough money to live off of.

It's foolish to expect profit if we can't hold it for a long time, so I think if we invest in bitcoins, we should hold bitcoins for a long time.
Makes sense.. so hopefully you have figured out a system so that you don't have regrets regarding how much you are choosing to put into bitcoin.

Fair enough.
Activity: 24
Merit: 15
February 18, 2024, 09:58:28 PM
Activity: 15
Merit: 1
February 18, 2024, 08:55:08 PM
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
February 18, 2024, 08:36:55 PM
Obviously many seems to be battling with the potential difference between investing and trading of which some person's are still mistaking trading to be investing. The following gives certain comparison as to this regards.
                       Investing
1) investing is a long term and has a lower risk

2)investing requires fundamental knowledge

3)investing gives investors more time to make decisions that will yeild profit in the long run

4) investing means you are buying to hodl for a period of expecting a compounded value over time.
                        Trading
1)Trading is for a short term and has a higher risk

2) trading requires technically knowledge

3) in trading traders hurried in to make hasty and costly decisions based on market trends

4) trading means you are buying to sell for profit maximization within the shortest time frame.

Investment is been prioritize because it is more conservative and has  lesser risk and that is the core value of the thread but as an individual the choice is yours whether to invest or trade, What is shared here advice.
From the point of the title of course buy on dips and hold.

In this case, of course there are various meanings in interpreting it. But the main point that I think is best is to continue making purchases and holding them for the long term. I wasn't too keen on trading as my biggest mistake was selling Btc holdings in the past. And that was the biggest mistake I ever made, so I am determined to correct past mistakes by re-accumulating Bitcoin which I prioritize for the long term and now I am in my second year of investing.

They can have whatever they want because the money is theirs and they decide it. Regardless the best advice is to buy on the dips and hold.
You have made mistakes and you are willing to make corrections do history wont repeat again. Yes, making mistakes is no inevitable when it comes to Bitcoin investment but repeating it is stupidity. Accumulating bitcoin is quite the most acceptable advise anyone could give to a freind or family members because of the economic crisis. So i get angry when i see investors pulling out profit from their investment because of ceremonial purpose. Holding long is something that will elevate someone from One financial level to another if patience is made priority.

Most at times people that make mistakes fail to notice their mistakes, especially in bitcoin investment and I think the reason would be that they fail to have a record that would help them track themselves, it's good for us as investors especially early investors like me to have a  record of every bit of amount they have invested and every case senerio they are working towards, so if they make mistakes they could easily fall back to them and make adjustments. A friend of mine said if you can't retrace your steps then you can't direct someone else, In a similar vein, without documentation for your investment, it's impossible to identify where things are going wrong.

From my perspective, you seem to be getting the wrong lesson from the information about bitcoin's to-date exponential price history, because you cannot expect any additional doublings in bitcoin's price in the coming 4-10 years or more, but you can still attempt to prepare yourself by understanding that you could lose everything that you invest, but there are also upside scenarios that may or may not end up playing out in the coming 4-10 years or more.. and I am not sure what your investment timeline might be, 10? 20? 30? years, perhaps?.. and if you are not in bitcoin and if it does happen to end up going up in price, then by not being in, then you are not going to benefit as much from the upside scenarios that might end up playing out (and might not end up playing out).

Sure, bitcoin continues to be amongst the best of investments currently available (if not the best investment currently available with likely increasingly strong investment theses based on a variety of factors including ongoing and continued building of its 7 network effects, as outlined by Trace Mayer, yet even with so much ongoingly good news about bitcoin, there are still no guarantees that its price is going up rather than sideways or down, even if you keep investing into it for 4-10 years or longer..

I think it's good I invest what I am more prepared to lose, I would have said since uts investment it's kind of a 50/50 ratio of giving profits or crashing, so I have prepared myself by choosing to diversify in other areas like business which I told you earlier about and also real estate seems to be a good idea that has been coming to my head, but I just wanted to focus on accumulating bitcoin to a point then I begin my diversification after my emergency fund is set. I do have all this in mind, we can't always use bitcoin past performance to lay claims to what might happen or can happen in the future so instead we use this facts to guide our steps also preparing if things go south which is a possibility.
While I think what you say is true, I don't think you need to worry about investing in Bitcoin in the long term. Because the long term is a solution to minimize existing risks so as to guarantee you get good profits, and this is real.
Concerns about Bitcoin because it is still uncertain what its future will be like all come back to us and we must have a plan, confidence, patience, strategy and goals to utilize the best methods for Bitcoin. And as most people say, the DCA method is the best choice, only make regular purchases according to our capabilities for the long term and also to avoid existing risks and not pay attention to existing negative factors. But this is the most effective way to get very good profits in the future.
I personally invest in Bitcoin using the long-term DCA method. What I have to instill in myself is that I must have strong belief and also strong patience in carrying it out, and this will strengthen my ideals without paying attention to the negative factors that exist. And I will only sell if I think the highest price is suitable or satisfactory for me.
And if this method works, I can use some of the profits to build a business or anything that can generate steady profits and keep investing in Bitcoin or others for the long term.
legendary
February 18, 2024, 08:35:08 PM
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1220
February 18, 2024, 07:13:42 PM
Obviously many seems to be battling with the potential difference between investing and trading of which some person's are still mistaking trading to be investing. The following gives certain comparison as to this regards.
                       Investing

3)investing gives investors more time to make decisions that will yeild profit in the long run

4) investing means you are buying to hodl for a period of expecting a compounded value over time.
                        Trading

3) in trading traders hurried in to make hasty and costly decisions based on market trends

4) trading means you are buying to sell for profit maximization within the shortest time frame.

Investment is been prioritize because it is more conservative and has  lesser risk and that is the core value of the thread but as an individual the choice is yours whether to invest or trade, What is shared here advice.

In this case, of course there are various meanings in interpreting it. But the main point that I think is best is to continue making purchases and holding them for the long term. I wasn't too keen on trading as my biggest mistake was selling Btc holdings in the past. And that was the biggest mistake I ever made, so I am determined to correct past mistakes by re-accumulating Bitcoin which I prioritize for the long term and now I am in my second year of investing.

They can have whatever they want because the money is theirs and they decide it. Regardless the best advice is to buy on the dips and hold.
You have made mistakes and you are willing to make corrections do history wont repeat again. Yes, making mistakes is no inevitable when it comes to Bitcoin investment but repeating it is stupidity. Accumulating bitcoin is quite the most acceptable advise anyone could give to a freind or family members because of the economic crisis. So i get angry when i see investors pulling out profit from their investment because of ceremonial purpose. Holding long is something that will elevate someone from One financial level to another if patience is made priority.

Most at times people that make mistakes fail to notice their mistakes, especially in bitcoin investment and I think the reason would be that they fail to have a record that would help them track themselves, it's good for us as investors especially early investors like me to have a  record of every bit of amount they have invested and every case senerio they are working towards, so if they make mistakes they could easily fall back to them and make adjustments. A friend of mine said if you can't retrace your steps then you can't direct someone else, In a similar vein, without documentation for your investment, it's impossible to identify where things are going wrong.

From my perspective, you seem to be getting the wrong lesson from the information about bitcoin's to-date exponential price history, because you cannot expect any additional doublings in bitcoin's price in the coming 4-10 years or more, but you can still attempt to prepare yourself by understanding that you could lose everything that you invest, but there are also upside scenarios that may or may not end up playing out in the coming 4-10 years or more.. and I am not sure what your investment timeline might be, 10? 20? 30? years, perhaps?.. and if you are not in bitcoin and if it does happen to end up going up in price, then by not being in, then you are not going to benefit as much from the upside scenarios that might end up playing out (and might not end up playing out).

Sure, bitcoin continues to be amongst the best of investments currently available (if not the best investment currently available with likely increasingly strong investment theses based on a variety of factors including ongoing and continued building of its 7 network effects, as outlined by Trace Mayer, yet even with so much ongoingly good news about bitcoin, there are still no guarantees that its price is going up rather than sideways or down, even if you keep investing into it for 4-10 years or longer..

I think it's good I invest what I am more prepared to lose, I would have said since uts investment it's kind of a 50/50 ratio of giving profits or crashing, so I have prepared myself by choosing to diversify in other areas like business which I told you earlier about and also real estate seems to be a good idea that has been coming to my head, but I just wanted to focus on accumulating bitcoin to a point then I begin my diversification after my emergency fund is set. I do have all this in mind, we can't always use bitcoin past performance to lay claims to what might happen or can happen in the future so instead we use this facts to guide our steps also preparing if things go south which is a possibility.

Taking records into something that important things you consider is important so that you can
Potentially correct all of things when almost same scenario will came and you can convert it to something positive that can benefit you in the long run. I know how hard to take good decision especially if you are not sure in certain situation that's the reason its important for us to have knowledge when dealing something especially on our investment with bitcoin. But all of this will be applicable if you are trading bitcoin but if you are just there to hold or do DCA strat I guess there's no need to get stress since what you need to do is to buy and have extra funds available since seeing those stats is good for people doing daily trades. But its really better to learn all of this so that we will be knowledgeable on what counter action we need to do if some scenario that we don't expect to come happens.
Activity: 98
Merit: 55
February 18, 2024, 06:52:49 PM
                       Investing

Trading

Activity: 224
Merit: 151
February 18, 2024, 06:40:26 PM
Everyone has their own thoughts.
Investing in Bitcoin is indeed quite promising for the future and there are those who doubt that, but what must be understood is that the profits that will be obtained are quite commensurate with the risk, meaning that if we invest in Bitcoin with a small amount of funds, we will not get large profits.
I don't mean to be greedy in taking profits, indeed we have to be realistic but there is no harm in taking big risks for big profits, especially if we only use a small amount of funds to invest.
Is a very wrong strategy as an investor by thinking that you
will not have much profit on investing on Bitcoin with a smaller amounts on a regular basis, however I disagree with you because there is no way you can compare the risk involved on chasing profits to holding because there is no risk involved on holding but however the only interpretation or reason why most people always like to take advantage of the price is actually because of greed and also I would advise you that if your strategy is by risking big to get big profit it will be wise for you to change that narrative because so many investors has end up destroying there investment portfolio because of greed, so perhaps just like @JayJuanGee mention earlier there is no way you can compare the profit you would make if you hold to the little profit you would have by chasing profit.
I think you are misunderstanding him, what he is actually saying is that your profit in bitcoin is proportional to your risk level. That is to say your amount of money you invest in bitcoin will determine the level of profit you get from bitcoin at the end of your maturity date.  It's a very simple mathematics, someone doing a DCA of $50 weekly will not have the same level of profit as someone who is doing $200 DCA weekly if they are both having the same maturity date. Provided your financial situation can cater for you doing DCA with some bigger amount of money then go for it. DCA is not just for people who are doing $10 or $20 weekly or monthly. There are people who are also doing DCA with $500 and above weekly or monthly.
Activity: 266
Merit: 276
February 18, 2024, 06:17:20 PM
                       Investing

Trading

Investment is been prioritize because it is more conservative and has  lesser risk and that is the core value of the thread but as an individual the choice is yours whether to invest or trade, What is shared here advice.

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616
February 18, 2024, 04:52:58 PM
                       Investing

Trading

Investment is been prioritize because it is more conservative and has  lesser risk and that is the core value of the thread but as an individual the choice is yours whether to invest or trade, What is shared here advice.

Activity: 140
Merit: 92
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
February 18, 2024, 04:26:28 PM
I don't mean to be greedy in taking profits, indeed we have to be realistic but there is no harm in taking big risks for big profits, especially if we only use a small amount of funds to invest.

You are wrong.

There can be great harm from taking profits and continuing to pull out value and failing refusing to continue to invest and/or to let your investment ride, especially something like bitcoin...  and so you think that you are doing great because you keep pulling out your profits, and then when some guys might be receiving 10x to 50x or more in profits after 5-10 years, you might have ended up pulling out relatively low levels of profits and you are still struggling to build up a sufficient nest egg (or investment portfolio).

You might be suggesting that you are being greedy by taking profits, when instead you are short-sighted and scared and unwilling /unable to let your investment ride, and too busy gambling rather than investing.

You call what  you are doing investing, but you are not.. you are gambling. .because you have little to no ability to stay in, and probably you have lack of discipline and/or a lack of a long term plan. .and you end up getting scared at every little profit so then when you get scared, you pull out the measly profits... and yeah, maybe you made some money.. such as 50%. but when you really want to start to live 4-10 years or later down the road, you still are doing the same things and finding the hustle and you have not built up a nest egg.. so you might feel like you are the smartest guy in the room when you are living it up, but if you have to keep working until you are 70 versus the guy who might either be able to stop working early or at least be able to choose the quantity of his work, then you might feel that you either had not been stocking away enough profits and./or you were holding your profits in the wrong assets, currencies and/or properties.

Investing

Trading

Activity: 1554
Merit: 654
February 18, 2024, 03:58:45 PM

You are wrong.

There can be great harm from taking profits and continuing to pull out value and failing refusing to continue to invest and/or to let your investment ride, especially something like bitcoin...  and so you think that you are doing great because you keep pulling out your profits, and then when some guys might be receiving 10x to 50x or more in profits after 5-10 years, you might have ended up pulling out relatively low levels of profits and you are still struggling to build up a sufficient nest egg (or investment portfolio).

I understand that all investors have the goal of making a profit and indeed that is their goal of engaging in bitcoin accumulation but seeking or pursuing profits in an unbalanced way is an approach that I think is better avoided, I understand that anyone can get a large amount of profit when they dare to take a large amount of risk, but isn't that the same as completely ruling out the possibility of risk? of course, investing is not that easy and getting the profits they expect will not be as easy as turning the palm of the hand because the possibility of risk cannot always be avoided completely. This is what happens when one only looks at one side of investing, I'm not saying that you shouldn't prioritize profits because after all that's what we're here for but I hope that we don't get too careless when it comes to making decisions unless you've prepared everything thoroughly especially self-acceptance when the situation turns around where losses come your way.

On the other hand I agree with your statement @JJG where you are more directing someone's mindset to look at the long term which is actually more profitable than doing something they think is "right" like cashing out quickly, this is an investment where the future is what we see and we make the main goal in planning the accumulation of bitcoin that we do, I don't blame them but certainly with an approach like that it is clear that there will be a slight delay in profits when they withdraw too often while others maintain and they will see a significant difference in the amount of profit in the next 5 - 10 years and you can see which one is more profitable.
legendary
February 18, 2024, 03:04:22 PM
You are wrong.

You might be suggesting that you are being greedy by taking profits, when instead you are short-sighted and scared and unwilling /unable to let your investment ride, and too busy gambling rather than investing.

You call what  you are doing investing, but you are not.. you are gambling. .because you have little to no ability to stay in, and probably you have lack of discipline and/or a lack of a long term plan. .and you end up getting scared at every little profit so then when you get scared, you pull out the measly profits... and yeah, maybe you made some money.. such as 50%. but when you really want to start to live 4-10 years or later down the road, you still are doing the same things and finding the hustle and you have not built up a nest egg.. so you might feel like you are the smartest guy in the room when you are living it up, but if you have to keep working until you are 70 versus the guy who might either be able to stop working early or at least be able to choose the quantity of his work, then you might feel that you either had not been stocking away enough profits and./or you were holding your profits in the wrong assets, currencies and/or properties.
Whats really wrong in taking profit?

I explained the trade offs, so in the end it is up to you to figure out the trade offs and how you want to play it.

In other words, Make your choice.  It's up to you.

If you have hodl your investment for a decade or more and you choose to take profit there is nothing bad as long as you are willing to continue your investment.

You can do whatever you like when it comes to how to manage your investment, including whether you pull out amounts at various points or if you cash it all out.

The only stupidity investors do is taking all of their profit along with their investment capital which is totally wrong.

Yes, taking out all your profits is problematic, and like I also mentioned taking out most of your profits can be problematic too, especially in terms of causing the compounding to count for less.. and so you can figure out your own calculations based on your own circumstances in terms of how much of your BTC you want to continue to let ride.. and wether you might have had been better to NOT take profits rather than always being concerned about taking profits, which means selling too much too soon.

You only take a capital of your investment  if your done with the investment. However, i dont see bitcoin investment ending soon so why will a so-called investor take his capital after he takes his profit?

Sometimes people do come to the end of their lives where they might start to dip into principle, which also could be a problem if they miscalculate. 

Another thing is that they could experience some unexpected emergency(ies) that they believe to justify them in terms of taking from their bitcoin rather than any other sources (in the event that they might have other sources in which they could draw upon).  We should try to design our investment into BTC so that these kinds of situation would not come up, but designing around it may or may not be possible.
Pages:
Jump to: