Pages:
Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 98. (Read 75066 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 197
February 06, 2024, 11:35:34 PM
It is important to act or invest without knowing the risk, but it is better to identify a suitable opportunity.  Always keep your financial goals in mind and make trading decisions based on that.  Diversify your investments to minimize risk.  Prioritize taking shelter even in exceptional circumstances.  Use your cash wisely and make informed decisions.  
Why would you think about trading instead of long time investment, I don't know your perception on trading but believe me is not how you envision it to be, however you seem more like someone who doesn't really understand anything about trading you are talking about and the risk involved, perhaps that's the reason why most people especially the new ones get into trouble because they see Bitcoin as an easy way to make money through trading without knowing the risk involves, perhaps the earlier you change your narrative on Bitcoin the better for your Bitcoin journey because as a new person on Bitcoin investment all you should have been thinking is how to invest on Bitcoin and hold for a long time, however DCA strategy is actually there to guide you all through even when you don't know much Bitcoin investment because that's the only way you can be free from losing your investment through trading you were emphasizing on.
Most of the new investors think that Bitcoin investment will only give them profit and they get the impression that they will only keep buying Bitcoin at low price and selling Bitcoin at high price, but they have no idea whether they are investing or not. We know investing and trading are two different things but trading is more difficult than long term investing. A trader should always be active and understand the market well because he is trading for a short period of time and aiming to make some profit, so he must buy coins at the right time. But in case of long term investment there is no such pressure or any such problem. If an investor invests in a long term plan with a little understanding of investment risk and some patience and if he continues to invest consistently then it is definitely positive for him. Since in long term investment plan an investor is buying bitcoins step by step for long term purpose, there is no need to worry about the market or whether he is buying coins at the right time. Since the plan is long-term, he can invest in every market condition.  

I always say this and always believe that investment is much safer than trading and investment is much less risky and investment pressure is much less.

In this thread we are on the fact that holding Bitcoin profits more than any other practice you can engage in with bitcoin, be it trading or short term investment.
As someone who has been holding for so long, I can attest to this. I've trade and tried to relied on it but it didn't do any good for me. It's stressful and needs more time to focus on.

While for holding, it's just there and no need to do such things but to accumulate and have more through DCA. Proven and tested and very effective.
If you are an experienced trader then good luck to you but talking about those new members who just started investing or trading. I believe that those who have enough knowledge about trading and who have enough business skills must have their own investment and trade along with investment. But you will find some new members who have no idea about investing as well as those who have no idea about business they decide to invest or trade only based on the success of others.  

I am not saying that all new investors or new tedders are wrong but there is a class of traders or a class of investors who have the mindset of directly relying on others. When it comes to investing or trading, nothing can be done by depending on others, you should always believe in yourself. You talked about traders as well as you talked about DCA investment strategy.

Investing and trading are two different but similar types of investors who start by investing first give their investment the highest priority as well as continue trading if they can afford it. Since trading is done for a limited period of time, investors consider trading as a separate source of income but their main focus is on their investments.

I do not know why some people see DCA and holding as the same thing. DCA is a strategy used in accumulating bitcoin at regular intervals, and it is usually used by old and new investors because it helps to take care of the volatility of bitcoin in your bitcoin investment. Holding is your ability to hold bitcoin after you have accumulated it with the DCA strategy, even when the bitcoin price is increasing or decreasing to the expected year you want to sell it.
DCA investment strategy and holding investment are two investment strategies that are interrelated, which is why holding and DCA investment strategies are always discussed together in investing. You may ask me that if I invest a small amount then can I hold my small amount for a long time without DCA investment? Yes of course you can hold your small amount of money for a long time but DCA strategy is considered as the most important investment strategy in investing today to make the investment easier and consistent and to maintain that consistency for a long time.  

No amount of investment is small, but investors invest with some purpose, so if a small amount of money can be invested and held for a long time, then that small amount of capital will not give us much profit. So investors can grow their capital without taking pressure and can maintain this consistency for a long period of time, DCA investment method is currently invested in.  

Just as electricity was a great discovery in science, you can say DCA investment strategy is a great discovery in investing.
Activity: 238
Merit: 161
The great city of God 🔥
February 06, 2024, 10:11:31 PM
In this thread we are on the fact that holding Bitcoin profits more than any other practice you can engage in with bitcoin, be it trading or short term investment.
As someone who has been holding for so long, I can attest to this. I've trade and tried to relied on it but it didn't do any good for me. It's stressful and needs more time to focus on.

While for holding, it's just there and no need to do such things but to accumulate and have more through DCA. Proven and tested and very effective.

But for those that are good in trading and they're making a living out of it, I see people that do that and I guess it's just really for them but for me, it's not but it won't stop me to do trades.
This your last paragraph talks more of someone who doesn't like trading but checking your last sentence shows that you like trading. Well in the game of crypto currency every body is left with their personal choices. It might be that most people make profit In trading but trading doesn't gives you the time to do other things. Your focus is only on uptrend and downtrend. to use the opportunity of the down trend 📉 to make profit in the up trend📈. but the disadvantages of trading over holding is that.

The mindset of a trader.
1. Trading makes you nervous and panic when you loose.
2. Causes mental and psychological unrest. Every 247 always concentrated and doesn't need distractions.
3 prevent you from doing other important things except if you make out time. Because most traders I know of dont have time for themselves, all what they think is to only focus on their market, because they cant have such fund on trading app, and expect to leave it their without monetoring it.
4 a traders mindset make h/her feel that holding bitcoin for long is a waste of time. because the up and down movement would have been used to make profit, rather leaving it there to waste. So when you are a frequent trader you can never think of holding.

Mindset of a holder over a trader
1. You are not nervous because you don border about anything wether it falls or rise. But keep accumulating and hoping for a better tomorrow.
2. There is no mental psychology unrest. Because your mind is set at zero(0) degree. No need to put all your mind on it anymore.
3. It doesn't prevent you from doing other things. Because you accumulate and hold and feel free, you can go anywhere without monetizing anything.
4. You don't have that mindset that holding is a waste of time and effort. But rather strive to make sure you accumulate knowing truely that the future has a great potential with Bitcoin HODL

So checking the two, you will discover that a holder has more advantage and  health benefits over a trader. For me I prefer HODL for long.
Activity: 252
Merit: 124
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 06, 2024, 08:39:39 PM
so perhaps is very important to be able to distinguish between investment through DCA and holding because they are actually two different things and however most people believe that since almost everyone that intend holding uses DCA for accumulation they assume that holding is the same thing as DCA because even me I was thinking the same way until I realized they are not the same.
Holding is obviously not the same as investing using DCA methods, it's even better to compare holding to trading because that's where people normally make mistake from but comparing holding to the DCA methods of bitcoin accumulation is just same as saying that winning the world cup is just same as participating in the world cup tournament.

DCA methods is just a strategy used to accumulate Bitcoin in a safe and easy way that can work well mostly for new investors that aren't yet strong enough financially to accumulate in bunch of bitcoin at a time and so will have to buy it at regular intervals just do they can Hold it. Regardless of weather a user decides to using the DCA methods or not, the end product is to hold the DIP and that's basically the obvious difference between Holding and investing into bitcoin using the DCA methord.

As a matter of fact, I think the two concept are even parallel in connection and their is no need to compare them.

You might be spreading and convoluting ideas on purpose in order to create confusion regarding what you are saying and what makes sense.  Probably people should ignore you, except sure it does not hurt to correct you from time to time and to point out the areas in which you are continuing to be full of shit and perhaps purposefully spreading contradictory and confusing information..

In other words holding is not like trading...and we are not talking about trading here.
Yeah truly his statement was actually contradicting because I find it very hard to understand the method of investment he was trying to state because he seem to have been missing so many things together because I don't really understand his concept of classifying holding and trading to be the same thing because is obviously not, however just like you mentioned if he was talking about ways to start accumulation of Bitcoin perhaps he should have go through most of the previous post because you have stated on how to accumulate Bitcoin through DCA strategy and Lump Sum.
I do not know why some people see DCA and holding as the same thing. DCA is a strategy used in accumulating bitcoin at regular intervals, and it is usually used by old and new investors because it helps to take care of the volatility of bitcoin in your bitcoin investment. Holding is your ability to hold bitcoin after you have accumulated it with the DCA strategy, even when the bitcoin price is increasing or decreasing to the expected year you want to sell it.
Activity: 140
Merit: 88
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
February 06, 2024, 08:33:24 PM
so sometimes we do likely have to try to figure out whether guys really have long term intentions or if they are merely engaged in some kind of flipping practice or pursuing dollars, which seems to then result in trading rather than investing, even though there still might be profits involved, but not the kinds of profits that would come from both longer term holding or investing over a long period of time, and then the earliest purchased bitcoins will likely have higher levels of profits than the more recent purchased coins, yet it also seems that the longer and longer that we stay invested then we will be building and building the size of our BTC stash and the longer that we are in, then probably the more likely that we are going to have older coins that have gone up a lot in value.. perhaps both exponentially and having several compounding events.. and at least those are goals, even though they surely are not guaranteed and even along our bitcoin journey we are also likely going to experience a lot of volatility along the way and have strategies in place to deal with the likely to be near inevitable volatility without panicking.

Many are not interested in any investment that will take up longer time probably with the notion that they are not going to live longer enough to enjoy it neither do they want family or generation to enjoy it or that they are much comfortable with their current condition and refused to take a step.

Thou, both the short term and long term investment have thier potential benefits but the LONG TERM INVESTMENT POTENTIALLY PROVIDES AN INCREASED CHANCES OF A HIGHER RETURN THROUGH THE COMPOUNDING OF OUR INTEREST AND THE RECOVERY OF LOSSES OVER TIME.

Everyone should know that Bitcoin isn't about getting rich quick thou alot of people sees it that way but it is also about storing and protecting your money and time from government and banks.

Volatility is a factor and principle of Bitcoin functionality (inevitable)  which every good investors sees as an opportunity by always being in the market all the time and without the stress of  timing the market. Your dca strategy serves you better.
Activity: 98
Merit: 55
February 06, 2024, 08:09:41 PM
People with misunderstanding, these are different things altogether, the difference is like indulging in an activity that does not guarantee a 100% assurance of making money through it, though I see people that trade as though they are into it to make fast money, to me there is no short cut in bitcoin investment profit, most times when you think that you want to outsmart the market, you will end up being outshined by what ever tricks you use, bitcoin investment is meant for people with the spirit of perseverance and patience that's why hodling was introduced, why bitcoin has not collapse is because of the holding system, the premature sellers were bridged with this process, the future and continues existence of bitcoin depends on the hodlers that's why hodling will never go into extinction, people with long term holding mindset always smile whenever the time is ripped.

You see, no investment is 100% guaranteed be it a trader or a hodler as all are very risky and due to some unforseen circumstances that may actually affect ones investments make some people to only be interested in trading rather than investing and you can't actually blame them at all. If not that Bitcoin has a higher level of volatility do you think it would have gotten this far? Inasmuch as investment in concerned, every investor is actually interested in a coin that it's future is certain that's why a lot of the investors are involved in Bitcoin. Moreover, you need to understand that despite the popularity of Bitcoin, it's still very much young looking at when it was invented till now so it's gonna take few more years before it's authenticity can be visible for all to see though it takes patience for an investor to make profitable and long lasting investments.

Let the truth be told most people are just interested in short term profits because they're always afraid of the fluctuations in the price of Bitcoin in the market hence they always panic whenever they buy at a dip and instead of the price rising it still dips further but they fail to understand that every dip gives and opportunity to accumulate more and hold for long term profits.
If someone is afraid of the dip, how will you see profitability in bitcoin. If you have been in the crypto for long, you will understand that dip is one of the most interesting time in the market. Dip gives you the opportunity to gather more and position yourself. Yes I know everyone loves to see the green candles, than the red candles, the beauty of the market as an investor is when you see the dip as an opportunity instead of seeing the fear that others are seeing. Remember if you don't buy the dip you can't sell the top. Those who are scared of the dip are newbies. Without dip there won't be much profitability in bitcoin investment.

It's obvious you are emphasizing too much on waiting for a dip before starting to accumulate but I put it to you that if you have that mindset of always waiting for a dip then you might keep waiting and may end up not accumulating again because you will feel that the price has gotten to a level where you can't afford it and you will still be feeling that you might buy and afterwards it starts dipping so in a nutshell, there is no perfect time to wait for a dip before starting to acquire bitcoins and people who actually expect a dip before they can start buying are the short term investors that all they want is to buy at a dip price and immediately the price increases they sell off their coin. These set of investors are more or less impatient and interested in short term profits rather than making long term investments that would be more profitable and risk free and gives more comfortability to ones assets.
Buying the dip is not bad, as the thread conveys buying the dip and hodl. But if an investor mistakenly missed the dip, then waiting for the next dip is not a good strategy; instead, he should dca. If he continues to wait for the dip, there are two things involved: he may end up missing the dip at the end or successfully target the dip and buy. Still, there is a high tendency that one may miss the dip. I think these people, always waiting for the dip, are underestimating the power of dcaeing consistently; if not, I don't see any reason why they will prefer to wait when they can buy some percentage regularly and risk-free. The good thing is that a wise investor can dca some percentage, and whenever he has more from his income, he can keep some percentage for buying if it eventually dips. By so doing, he won't complain if he misses the dip because his crypto is doing great, as he acquired much through dca.

I agree with you on this, waiting for the dip is what is unwise here, cause buying the dip is good and would help accumulate more bitcoin and for a cheap price. But waiting for the dip as your only strategy is fucked up for many reasons and one of them to me is how would you know the dip and having to monitor the Market and chart all the time is not reasonable, from my opinion I think most persons that priotise only buying the dip are actually short term investors, else why would they be bothered about buying the dip.
As DCA investor and long term holders we don't have to worry about buying the dip cause we are always accumulating bitcoin no matter the price and if the dip comes we would also be one of the first to take advantage of it, cause instead of wondering where the last dip would be, rather we would DCA IN and end buying at all those profitable intervals.

But for those that are good in trading and they're making a living out of it, I see people that do that and I guess it's just really for them but for me, it's not but it won't stop me to do trades.

Indeed the testimony is same for long term holders so far, trading requires much attention and knowledge to be profitable and the risk involved is too much, but we are not here to talk about trading,  DCA has proven to be a good and reliable strategy in accumulating bitcoin cause it is cost effective meaning as a newbie you can start at your level, it's also good cause it eliminates the pressure that comes with market volatility, with DCA all we have to do is remove a portion of our earnings to accumulate bitcoin and start buying, we do not even need to know too much, no rocket science here.
Activity: 2940
Merit: 657
February 06, 2024, 07:52:22 PM

Merit: 37
Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 06, 2024, 07:43:53 PM
DCA methods is just a strategy used to accumulate Bitcoin in a safe and easy way that can work well mostly for new investors that aren't yet strong enough financially to accumulate in bunch of bitcoin at a time and so will have to buy it at regular intervals just do they can Hold it. Regardless of weather a user decides to using the DCA methods or not, the end product is to hold the DIP and that's basically the obvious difference between Holding and investing into bitcoin using the DCA methord.

As a matter of fact, I think the two concept are even parallel in connection and their is no need to compare them.
You might be spreading and convoluting ideas on purpose in order to create confusion regarding what you are saying and what makes sense.  Probably people should ignore you, except sure it does not hurt to correct you from time to time and to point out the areas in which you are continuing to be full of shit and perhaps purposefully spreading contradictory and confusing information..

In other words holding is not like trading...and we are not talking about trading here.
Yeah truly his statement was actually contradicting because I find it very hard to understand the method of investment he was trying to state because he seem to have been missing so many things together because I don't really understand his concept of classifying holding and trading to be the same thing because is obviously not, however just like you mentioned if he was talking about ways to start accumulation of Bitcoin perhaps he should have go through most of the previous post because you have stated on how to accumulate Bitcoin through DCA strategy and Lump Sum.

I feel there should be a specific amount and upward that is enough for an investor to really depend on the long-term benefit of bitcoin. Every investor should have what i call a comfort level of accumulation that is required to make their long-term goal come true. For some having one bitcoin is enough while some having some fractions is satisfactory.

Actually we cant give specifics to the duration of years an investor can hold before he starts enjoying his benefits, but so far we have said that if your portfolio has reached at least 1-5 years of accumulation that is a matured investment, and yes every holder has a desired amount of bitcoin that they want to accumulate during a certain period of accumulation, but for us to start expecting profits from our holdings should be at least up to 4 years of holding and yet its still not guaranteed that this would happen under 4 years, some portfolio might stay up to 10 years before starting to see substantial profits and it also depends on the level of bitcoin accumulated, so instead of us to be thinking of profits in this early stages, I think it would be better we think about how to accumulate more bitcoin, maybe by increasing our income or chunking down more expense, building our emergency funds and reserves, I think our major focus should be on accumulation and holding before we start thinking of making profits, that should be on our mind from at least 4 years of holding and accumulation.
Activity: 98
Merit: 55
February 06, 2024, 07:26:42 PM
so perhaps is very important to be able to distinguish between investment through DCA and holding because they are actually two different things and however most people believe that since almost everyone that intend holding uses DCA for accumulation they assume that holding is the same thing as DCA because even me I was thinking the same way until I realized they are not the same.
Holding is obviously not the same as investing using DCA methods, it's even better to compare holding to trading because that's where people normally make mistake from but comparing holding to the DCA methods of bitcoin accumulation is just same as saying that winning the world cup is just same as participating in the world cup tournament.

You're really off topic, @hewlet, when you compare holding to trading. Let me explain. Imagine that you buy a piece of land (I'm using land because it's the most relatable thing I can think of), you know its value, and you decide to stake it in the hopes of getting more land. Can you call that an investment or hodling? However, if you buy a piece of land and hold it until it increases in value, that is a good example of holding. They are not comparable and are two different entities. Anyone who trades or makes short-term investments is effectively betting on the likelihood that things will turn out well for him or not, and this is far riskier than actually owning bitcoin because, similar to land, bitcoin is more likely to yield profits over time rather than instantly unless something were to happen to the land or property. You don't go around betting on things like that; you have to realize that bitcoin is an asset and should be treated carefully.

And the reason we use the DCA strategy is that it allows us to accumulate Bitcoin over a longer period of time because it removes the anxiety and fear brought on by market volatility. Holding bitcoin simply refers to holding it for an extended period of time; in some cases, we even intend to hold it forever in the hopes of making even more profit. For example, if someone had been holding bitcoin for ten years or more and had been accumulating with DCA, he would have a sizable portfolio and his profits could even reach up to 20x for the much older coins he has purchased.

In this thread we are on the fact that holding Bitcoin profits more than any other practice you can engage in with bitcoin, be it trading or short term investment which are risky schemes and should not be indulged in.
Activity: 112
Merit: 78
February 06, 2024, 07:19:23 PM

You might be spreading and convoluting ideas on purpose in order to create confusion regarding what you are saying and what makes sense.  Probably people should ignore you, except sure it does not hurt to correct you from time to time and to point out the areas in which you are continuing to be full of shit and perhaps purposefully spreading contradictory and confusing information..

Yes, one of the main concentrations in this thread is about holding our investment for long term. It's cool to think about long term what i feel should be more focused on should be accumulation. If we stop to accumulate bitcoin now not everyone will be proud of what will be the outcome of their investment if they hold it for at least 5 years. The reason is that some persons have not been able to accumulate substantial amount of bitcoin before thinking about holding it for long. I feel there should be a specific amount and upward that is enough for an investor to really depend on the long-term benefit of bitcoin. Every investor should have what i call a comfort level of accumulation that is required to make their long-term goal come true. For some having one bitcoin is enough while some having some fractions is satisfactory. However, i feel it depends on the financial desire of each investor. My financial vision might be totally different from another investor.
It will really be difficult to set an acceptable level of bitcoin holding level for investors before they can see profitability in bitcoin for long term hold. The reason is simple, each individual investors has different level of greed and different level of risk tolerance. If it becomes that way, many people people will see it as a burden, and when an investment becomes a burden, then it is not a good investment. And one of the characteristics of investment is convince. People should be able to invest in bitcoin in a manner which is convenient to them. So every individual should buy and hold the amount of bitcoin they can afford.
Activity: 154
Merit: 107
February 06, 2024, 06:59:43 PM
People with misunderstanding, these are different things altogether, the difference is like indulging in an activity that does not guarantee a 100% assurance of making money through it, though I see people that trade as though they are into it to make fast money, to me there is no short cut in bitcoin investment profit, most times when you think that you want to outsmart the market, you will end up being outshined by what ever tricks you use, bitcoin investment is meant for people with the spirit of perseverance and patience that's why hodling was introduced, why bitcoin has not collapse is because of the holding system, the premature sellers were bridged with this process, the future and continues existence of bitcoin depends on the hodlers that's why hodling will never go into extinction, people with long term holding mindset always smile whenever the time is ripped.

You see, no investment is 100% guaranteed be it a trader or a hodler as all are very risky and due to some unforseen circumstances that may actually affect ones investments make some people to only be interested in trading rather than investing and you can't actually blame them at all. If not that Bitcoin has a higher level of volatility do you think it would have gotten this far? Inasmuch as investment in concerned, every investor is actually interested in a coin that it's future is certain that's why a lot of the investors are involved in Bitcoin. Moreover, you need to understand that despite the popularity of Bitcoin, it's still very much young looking at when it was invented till now so it's gonna take few more years before it's authenticity can be visible for all to see though it takes patience for an investor to make profitable and long lasting investments.

Let the truth be told most people are just interested in short term profits because they're always afraid of the fluctuations in the price of Bitcoin in the market hence they always panic whenever they buy at a dip and instead of the price rising it still dips further but they fail to understand that every dip gives and opportunity to accumulate more and hold for long term profits.
If someone is afraid of the dip, how will you see profitability in bitcoin. If you have been in the crypto for long, you will understand that dip is one of the most interesting time in the market. Dip gives you the opportunity to gather more and position yourself. Yes I know everyone loves to see the green candles, than the red candles, the beauty of the market as an investor is when you see the dip as an opportunity instead of seeing the fear that others are seeing. Remember if you don't buy the dip you can't sell the top. Those who are scared of the dip are newbies. Without dip there won't be much profitability in bitcoin investment.

It's obvious you are emphasizing too much on waiting for a dip before starting to accumulate but I put it to you that if you have that mindset of always waiting for a dip then you might keep waiting and may end up not accumulating again because you will feel that the price has gotten to a level where you can't afford it and you will still be feeling that you might buy and afterwards it starts dipping so in a nutshell, there is no perfect time to wait for a dip before starting to acquire bitcoins and people who actually expect a dip before they can start buying are the short term investors that all they want is to buy at a dip price and immediately the price increases they sell off their coin. These set of investors are more or less impatient and interested in short term profits rather than making long term investments that would be more profitable and risk free and gives more comfortability to ones assets.
Buying the dip is not bad, as the thread conveys buying the dip and hodl. But if an investor mistakenly missed the dip, then waiting for the next dip is not a good strategy; instead, he should dca. If he continues to wait for the dip, there are two things involved: he may end up missing the dip at the end or successfully target the dip and buy. Still, there is a high tendency that one may miss the dip. I think these people, always waiting for the dip, are underestimating the power of dcaeing consistently; if not, I don't see any reason why they will prefer to wait when they can buy some percentage regularly and risk-free. The good thing is that a wise investor can dca some percentage, and whenever he has more from his income, he can keep some percentage for buying if it eventually dips. By so doing, he won't complain if he misses the dip because his crypto is doing great, as he acquired much through dca.
Activity: 336
Merit: 76
February 06, 2024, 06:55:48 PM

you have a good point. Buying the dip ain't actually bad though, But always waiting for the dip before accumulating Any quantities of bitcon is not encouraging. You having such mindset would only lead you in accumulating lesser quantities of bitcoin and also missing out. because you're always waiting for the dip expecially  those who are new in investing in bitcoin. That why if you are planning on buying the dip always back it up with some DCAing, with that would be able to accumulate some good quantities of bitcoin and it would be more profitable expecially when it's long-term investment.
Yeah I agree with you Sir because I realized that most of the investors doesn't even have the intention to hold for a long term but instead they are more focus on the possible way to make some profits instead of focusing on Bitcoin holding because just like you mentioned there is no way they can compare the little profit they will make through trading to what Bitcoin will give them in the future because with the potential of Bitcoin the only way for people to see what Bitcoin is truly worth is by holding it for a very long term and however it will be very wise for them to change there narrative and start planning for holding instead of there flipping practice they are mistaken for investment.
them calling that investing is way off-topics. When come to investing you know that you're talking about the future (holding). Though might be tempting. But still ask your does it worth it selling your investment in such premature state, nahhh ain't worth it because I know that if a hold for long I would yeild more profit than just buying and selling in a short time interval. Just imagine the moment you selling your investment that when the bullish market begins and BTC is going through a new breakthrough. I would that feel, it will feel awful so if don't wanna feel such well start accumulating with funds you can keep for long with being tempt or having the urge of withdrawing it when it's still premature.
Merit: 37
Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 06, 2024, 06:45:15 PM

And of course, guys can do whatever they like, yet if we are talking about various accumulation strategies in this thread, it can be a bit irritating when we see guys talking about strategies that seem to gravitate towards trading or even selling to accumulate more BTC, but then at the same time, they do not present the idea very well, and surely it seem to be off topic since even the topic of the thread does not say anything about selling and the idea of HODL in the context of this thread largely is suggesting the opposite... don't sell.  So then there is nothing wrong with having different opinions, even though the concept of trading or selling to accumulate seems to be off topic.. at least for guys who may admit that they are in the earliest of stages of their BTC accumulation journey..

so sometimes we do likely have to try to figure out whether guys really have long term intentions or if they are merely engaged in some kind of flipping practice or pursuing dollars, which seems to then result in trading rather than investing, even though there still might be profits involved, but not the kinds of profits that would come from both longer term holding or investing over a long period of time, and then the earliest purchased bitcoins will likely have higher levels of profits than the more recent purchased coins, yet it also seems that the longer and longer that we stay invested then we will be building and building the size of our BTC stash and the longer that we are in, then probably the more likely that we are going to have older coins that have gone up a lot in value.. perhaps both exponentially and having several compounding events.. and at least those are goals, even though they surely are not guaranteed and even along our bitcoin journey we are also likely going to experience a lot of volatility along the way and have strategies in place to deal with the likely to be near inevitable volatility without panicking.

IMO I take it that you said it's better for us to practice hodl than to engage in any riskier type of practice with our Bitcoin because, even though short-term plans like trading or selling bitcoin to gain additional bitcoin might be profitable, we should be aware that we are betting our cryptocurrency on speculative outcomes and have strayed from our original plan, which was to invest and hodl for long term.
And so while we are holding, we are merely investing a portion of our fortune or earnings, so even though we are unsure if things will turn out as intended for ourselves as holders in the future.

Additionally, we have the DCA approach, which allows us to conveniently divide the allocated amount for investment into segments and then make periodic investments, relieving us of the anxiety of volatility and fluctuations. And we need to make informed, prudent investment decisions by always remaining informed about bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 267
Baba God Noni
February 06, 2024, 06:36:46 PM
Investing is a proven strategy to build long-term wealth for a secure future through systematic planning and smart decisions, and we should think about this before doing it so that we can do it consistently and regularly.
However, most people don't care about this important strategy. Because most people will be tempted when they get double or triple profits that occur in the short and medium term, and in the end get off track in long-term investments because they are tempted by profits that are only double or triple.
But I understand because this is the beginning for them to know and learn about real long-term investment and valuation, and if they really do it in the long term without an indefinite time limit then the profits will be much greater and many times greater.
And the best long term investments are Hodl and DCA, but both have different methods. And when it comes to investing, different strategies will work for different people due to familiarity and mastery of the strategy.
And in my opinion, one of the investment strategies that many people consider the easiest is DCA because the concept behind DCA is quite simple but very effective if done consistently and regularly. And the advantage of the DCA strategy is that it eliminates stress and panic about fluctuations.
And by periodically investing a certain amount of money within our means, we profit by buying more Bitcoin or a coin we trust when the price is low and less when the price is high. And as time goes by there is potential for profit as the market moves and if it is Bitcoin then it is guaranteed that in the long term the price will continue to rise, and will increase profits. However, all of this must be supported by a fixed income or existing salary so that all interests can be met. And Hodl is only intended for large investors by buying at a very cheap price and reselling it at a very high price over a long period of time, up to years, to get very large profits.
@bitzizzix, you are right on what you said about DCA method of acquiring bitcoin, but what I want to let you know is your definition of hodli, which is wrong. Hodli simply means keeping your bitcoin to yourself without thinking of selling for a long period of time. An investor can buy $1000 worth of bitcoin and hodli over a long period of time, the unit of his bitcoin remains the same but the value will increase.

The DCA method is used to increase your bitcoin portfolio gradually, while you are hodli because it allows you to buy bitcoin at any given price, as long as you are buying regularly, so that after a long period of time, your bitcoin portfolio size will be large. So DCA and hodli goes together for newbies. You don't say that Hodli is a buying strategy.

Any of the method that we use to buy bitcoin, doesn't matter, but the what matters is hodli your bitcoin investment for a very long time and keep on buying to increase your bitcoin portfolio size, so that, you can have a good profit over time.

I think that you are referring to buying at the DIP, as Holding from your statement
Activity: 266
Merit: 217
February 06, 2024, 06:27:48 PM
including that you should not be touching emergency funds if you have a way of resolving the matter, and you likely should not be using emergency funds to invest into anything, including bitcoin, unless you have some decently strong confidence that you are going to be able to replenish those funds in a fairly soon timeframe.

Absolutely correct sir, after using your emergency fund, there is a need to refill it as soon as possible before a other emergency need arises. And that is why we must in the first place secure an emergency fund upto 3-6 months worth our salary or monthly expenses. So that, should in case we run into any problem like, having a delay in salary payment or sacked from work, within that time frame we'll be able to look for another source of income to keep the investment going. And this is the more reason why we need to take our emergency fund seriously, since we can't actually predict every outcome of our decision and life activities. We should prepare to handle tough situations by securing emergency funds.

If you noticed, I'm one of the most excited user of the DCA method. I'm forever grateful to @JayJuanGee for his input and guide in his posts and replies, it was a whole new learning experience for me.

I can proudly say that, I'm also a beneficiary of Mr JayJuanGee's teachings and that is why, i keep track of his posts to learn from his wisdom any time he makes a post. He has been a blessing to me and I believe other forum member have also learnt a lot from his teachings. The confidence I have today on Bitcoin was built by my engagement with Mr JJG's posts.
I can hopefully say that you guys are amazing, the discussion here are interesting as it tells about how to deal with Bitcoin accumulating process through the help of DCA method.
Moreover everyday I make sure to read some important quotes by @@JayJuanGee because his words are absolutely getting more interesting every day.
However, without this discussion many of us including my self will not know how to accumulate Bitcoin and truth be told that before me joining this forum I don't know what DCAing was all about, so I get lost visiting this thread back then but now I am enjoying the discussion because I have known more about Bitcoin accumulating and what's DCA method is about.
@Makus, you get it right, any investment without a proper plan is nothing but a crab as the investment will end up folding at end. Emergency funds separate you from selling your coins to sort emergency cases, when you have saved 3 to 6 months salaries for emergencies you can start buying Bitcoin with DCAing method and you will not be affected by and money issues as you already have some money that are separate from your investment that you can use anytime to settle things.
With DCA you can buy any amount you want to buy that's why DCA method is easier to use for accumulating Bitcoin.
Merit: 187
Bitcoin!!
February 06, 2024, 06:07:21 PM
including that you should not be touching emergency funds if you have a way of resolving the matter, and you likely should not be using emergency funds to invest into anything, including bitcoin, unless you have some decently strong confidence that you are going to be able to replenish those funds in a fairly soon timeframe.

Absolutely correct sir, after using your emergency fund, there is a need to refill it as soon as possible before a other emergency need arises. And that is why we must in the first place secure an emergency fund upto 3-6 months worth our salary or monthly expenses. So that, should in case we run into any problem like, having a delay in salary payment or sacked from work, within that time frame we'll be able to look for another source of income to keep the investment going. And this is the more reason why we need to take our emergency fund seriously, since we can't actually predict every outcome of our decision and life activities. We should prepare to handle tough situations by securing emergency funds.

If you noticed, I'm one of the most excited user of the DCA method. I'm forever grateful to @JayJuanGee for his input and guide in his posts and replies, it was a whole new learning experience for me.

I can proudly say that, I'm also a beneficiary of Mr JayJuanGee's teachings and that is why, i keep track of his posts to learn from his wisdom any time he makes a post. He has been a blessing to me and I believe other forum member have also learnt a lot from his teachings. The confidence I have today on Bitcoin was built by my engagement with Mr JJG's posts.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 447
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
February 06, 2024, 06:02:27 PM
Investing is a proven strategy to build long-term wealth for a secure future through systematic planning and smart decisions, and we should think about this before doing it so that we can do it consistently and regularly.
However, most people don't care about this important strategy. Because most people will be tempted when they get double or triple profits that occur in the short and medium term, and in the end get off track in long-term investments because they are tempted by profits that are only double or triple.
But I understand because this is the beginning for them to know and learn about real long-term investment and valuation, and if they really do it in the long term without an indefinite time limit then the profits will be much greater and many times greater.
And the best long term investments are Hodl and DCA, but both have different methods. And when it comes to investing, different strategies will work for different people due to familiarity and mastery of the strategy.
And in my opinion, one of the investment strategies that many people consider the easiest is DCA because the concept behind DCA is quite simple but very effective if done consistently and regularly. And the advantage of the DCA strategy is that it eliminates stress and panic about fluctuations.
And by periodically investing a certain amount of money within our means, we profit by buying more Bitcoin or a coin we trust when the price is low and less when the price is high. And as time goes by there is potential for profit as the market moves and if it is Bitcoin then it is guaranteed that in the long term the price will continue to rise, and will increase profits. However, all of this must be supported by a fixed income or existing salary so that all interests can be met. And Hodl is only intended for large investors by buying at a very cheap price and reselling it at a very high price over a long period of time, up to years, to get very large profits.
Merit: 276
February 06, 2024, 05:44:41 PM

Yes, one of the main concentrations in this thread is about holding our investment for long term. It's cool to think about long term what i feel should be more focused on should be accumulation. If we stop to accumulate bitcoin now not everyone will be proud of what will be the outcome of their investment if they hold it for at least 5 years. The reason is that some persons have not been able to accumulate substantial amount of bitcoin before thinking about holding it for long. I feel there should be a specific amount and upward that is enough for an investor to really depend on the long-term benefit of bitcoin. Every investor should have what i call a comfort level of accumulation that is required to make their long-term goal come true. For some having one bitcoin is enough while some having some fractions is satisfactory. However, i feel it depends on the financial desire of each investor. My financial vision might be totally different from another investor.
Activity: 252
Merit: 157
February 06, 2024, 05:41:24 PM

And of course, guys can do whatever they like, yet if we are talking about various accumulation strategies in this thread, it can be a bit irritating when we see guys talking about strategies that seem to gravitate towards trading or even selling to accumulate more BTC, but then at the same time, they do not present the idea very well, and surely it seem to be off topic since even the topic of the thread does not say anything about selling and the idea of HODL in the context of this thread largely is suggesting the opposite... don't sell.  So then there is nothing wrong with having different opinions, even though the concept of trading or selling to accumulate seems to be off topic.. at least for guys who may admit that they are in the earliest of stages of their BTC accumulation journey..

Yeah I agree with you Sir because I realized that most of the investors doesn't even have the intention to hold for a long term but instead they are more focus on the possible way to make some profits instead of focusing on Bitcoin holding because just like you mentioned there is no way they can compare the little profit they will make through trading to what Bitcoin will give them in the future because with the potential of Bitcoin the only way for people to see what Bitcoin is truly worth is by holding it for a very long term and however it will be very wise for them to change there narrative and start planning for holding instead of there flipping practice they are mistaken for investment.
Activity: 196
Merit: 70
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest
February 06, 2024, 05:28:19 PM

legendary
Activity: 3682
Merit: 10119
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
February 06, 2024, 05:00:09 PM

Pages:
Jump to: