Pages:
Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 99. (Read 77657 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 113
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 16, 2024, 02:48:10 AM
According to the DCA method, the longer the investment is, the more benefits will accrue. Since its inception in 2009, many investors have held Bitcoin for the long term to date. It is up to the investor who is ready to take the risk to invest at the right time. There is no fixed time to invest in Bitcoin, it is possible to invest only with proper thinking. I have participated in the investment since April 2023. And take everyone's advice to prolong my investment. I gather enough knowledge from here and am urgently trying to keep the investment alive for a long time and I am ready to invest more.
Activity: 224
Merit: 151
February 16, 2024, 02:42:18 AM
Sure, we might get some more dips from here, and we might even experience greater than 21% dips, but I would not count on it. and the ONLY way that anyone can somewhat relax in terms of buying more BTC at this point is if he has already bought and is already sufficiently stocked up, otherwise, it seems better to just continue to buy however much you are able to buy without overdoing it... and you have to figure out what is the difference between buying as much as you can without over doing it and overdoing it, especially since you will not really know if you over did it, until the emergency comes and you are not prepared financially and/or psychologically.
you're on point Jay, i got your scope in advising on this, the present pump may only be the means to encourage and compensate those that have already been holding for long, even before the halving on the onset of bullrun, they can start to enjoy the benefits of doubt they have all made in making bitcoin their investment asset, so for those holding for a while, they can still hold more till we arrived at a new all time sooner before or after the halving, even though it has always been a custom that we see the bullrun after the halving and not before, things can however change at this time, we should keep on the holding, for those planning to invest, its also the best timing right before the main bullrun begins.
What's happening now is the pre halving pump. I have carefully observed that months leading to the halving bitcoin do pump more and dump less. I think it's just bitcoin following the same pattern of the established norms. So I don't think anything will change from previous times. It's very unlikely that a new ATH will be set before the halving. Since it has not happened this way for the previous halvings that has occurred. Bitcoin is just following it's natural sequence, that's why we are seeing this continues high. This continues new high will now usher the new ATH few months after the halving.

Have you also considered @Justbillywitt that bitcoin will frequently break past patterns? and that there is no real rule in which limits how far any kind of pump or dump might end up playing out?

In other words, overly reliance on past patterns in regards to what you believe is most likely to happen might not sufficiently/adequately prepare you for what actually ends up happening.  Yeah, there are various ways to frame history in order to spin where you believe that we are based on where we came from and where we might be going, but at the same time, even though we can look at similar facts (charts and information regarding what is happening) and still come to a lot of varying conclusions regarding various possible scenarios regarding where we might be going.. including being financially/psychologically prepared for what ends up playing out, which may or may not allow you more time to accumulate at these prices, even if you might be planning that you are going to be able to accumulate more BTC around these prices...

In other words (am I running out of words?), there can be some value in terms of front-loading your BTC holdings, even if you end up screwing up and paying more for your cornz than you otherwise would have paid if you had been more patient.. and on the other side of that same, perspective is to consider whether you have enough corn in the case that BTC prices shoot up from here, rather than staying in some kind of zone that you thought to be helpful to your own speculations in your abilities to accumulate BTC in the coming months.
Yes I have considered that, and I believe that bitcoin will break past patterns. Sure there is no real rules governing Bitcoin in terms it's pumping level and dump.

You made me laugh so hard where you said "am I running out of words" I don't think a man like you will ever run out of words. 😂
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
February 15, 2024, 08:56:15 PM
Sure, we might get some more dips from here, and we might even experience greater than 21% dips, but I would not count on it. and the ONLY way that anyone can somewhat relax in terms of buying more BTC at this point is if he has already bought and is already sufficiently stocked up, otherwise, it seems better to just continue to buy however much you are able to buy without overdoing it... and you have to figure out what is the difference between buying as much as you can without over doing it and overdoing it, especially since you will not really know if you over did it, until the emergency comes and you are not prepared financially and/or psychologically.
you're on point Jay, i got your scope in advising on this, the present pump may only be the means to encourage and compensate those that have already been holding for long, even before the halving on the onset of bullrun, they can start to enjoy the benefits of doubt they have all made in making bitcoin their investment asset, so for those holding for a while, they can still hold more till we arrived at a new all time sooner before or after the halving, even though it has always been a custom that we see the bullrun after the halving and not before, things can however change at this time, we should keep on the holding, for those planning to invest, its also the best timing right before the main bullrun begins.
What's happening now is the pre halving pump. I have carefully observed that months leading to the halving bitcoin do pump more and dump less. I think it's just bitcoin following the same pattern of the established norms. So I don't think anything will change from previous times. It's very unlikely that a new ATH will be set before the halving. Since it has not happened this way for the previous halvings that has occurred. Bitcoin is just following it's natural sequence, that's why we are seeing this continues high. This continues new high will now usher the new ATH few months after the halving.

Have you also considered @Justbillywitt that bitcoin will frequently break past patterns? and that there is no real rule in which limits how far any kind of pump or dump might end up playing out?

In other words, overly reliance on past patterns in regards to what you believe is most likely to happen might not sufficiently/adequately prepare you for what actually ends up happening.  Yeah, there are various ways to frame history in order to spin where you believe that we are based on where we came from and where we might be going, but at the same time, even though we can look at similar facts (charts and information regarding what is happening) and still come to a lot of varying conclusions regarding various possible scenarios regarding where we might be going.. including being financially/psychologically prepared for what ends up playing out, which may or may not allow you more time to accumulate at these prices, even if you might be planning that you are going to be able to accumulate more BTC around these prices...

In other words (am I running out of words?), there can be some value in terms of front-loading your BTC holdings, even if you end up screwing up and paying more for your cornz than you otherwise would have paid if you had been more patient.. and on the other side of that same, perspective is to consider whether you have enough corn in the case that BTC prices shoot up from here, rather than staying in some kind of zone that you thought to be helpful to your own speculations in your abilities to accumulate BTC in the coming months.

And that is one thign I always had in mind when making any decision concerning my investment in bitcoin,"what if bitcoin reaches a peak from here would I also be amongst the testifies or do I have enough bitcoin in my stash to benefit from the bull run". And that's why I get aggressive at times with my investment not because of greed but I always have this feeling I started late and I want to try as much as possible to take a leap, and mind you I'm  doing this out of the comfort of a huge capital I already had at hand and moreover my business is paying of quite good and I still have that extra cashflow coming in, so when I say I aggressive I mean investing more than I think I should, and I managed to achieve this comfort by actually chunking down my expense, I call it discipline and I think newbies like me should try it too, cause I know if you want more bitcoin then you must also find ways to increase you allocation and also income.

And yes no need to be in such a haste or end up forgetting to build up your emergency funds or reserves or even keeping a good float which I Don't forget to do. And moreover I have prepared myself for every market movement that I think possible and I am taking action based on the possibility of my senerio happening, just that I chose to favour this one irrespective of anything. It could be a wrong choice and I could turn out to be a good one, all I am is prepared, but at the same time I know I can't be fully prepared.
That's what you have to prepare for, and you have to be consistent if you feel it's too late, although it's never too late if you do it for the long term because in the long term Bitcoin will always provide very satisfying returns.
And all of this must also be supported by our regular income and if you don't have a steady income and you believe that Bitcoin will provide benefits for you in the future, make that your motivation to look for it or do business. Because that way you can accumulate Bitcoin regularly and can also prepare emergency funds and also meet your needs, and all of this must be thought carefully and a solution must also be found so that everything runs well.
And in my opinion there is no problem selling a small part of Bitcoin's profits when it reaches its new ATH, and just to enjoy the profits or you have the desire to realize something you have dreamed of for a long time. And after that you continue to carry out your plan to continue collecting Bitcoins and it would be better if you increase your purchases when the Bitcoin price is falling, and use Bitcoins for your future and also to realize what you want.
Activity: 154
Merit: 44
Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 15, 2024, 08:32:31 PM
Could you explain more about how bitcoin compounds value to me a bit, i would really love to understand.

Can't you already see the idea of compounding value within my previous discussion and pointing out 8-9 doublings of the BTC price since 2015?  The idea of compounding value should be clear from looking at the numbers, no?  which part is not clear?

Of course it is not guaranteed to continue to happen.. but if you happen to have some understanding how bitcoin is more scarce than fiat currencies (and likely more scarce than any other asset or currency in the world), then you also might understand why bitcoin is likely to continue to have ongoing compounding value effects.. even though, again, it is not guaranteed, so we should account for how compounding takes time and likely to continue to take time..

and I personally like to look at the 200-week moving average rather than spot price in order to also see how the 200-week moving average (which tends to the the bitcoin price bottom) continues to go up, which in my entry-level fuck you status chart, you can see both the historical numbers and also the projection of bottoms (200-week moving average) until 2074...and that may or may not end up being correct, also...so you should be preparing according to your own financial and/or psychological circumstances.
In bitcoin it is not good to think in terms of compounding interest, but instead think in terms of compounding value.  

I touch upon that comparison in another thread in a post of mine from a few days ago:

For example, even just looking at where bitcoin was in 2015, we can see that there have been about 9 doubling of bitcoin's value events (in terms of it's dollar value) and yeah some retracements but still we are currently still around 8 doublings since 2015 (that is ONLY a little more than 8 years).
1) $250  (2015)
2)  $500  (2015-2016)
3)  $1,000    (2016-2017)
4)  $2,000  (2017)
5)  $4,000  (2017-2020)
6)  $8,000   (2017-2020)
7)  $16,000  (2017-2022)
8 )  $32,000  (2021-2023?)
9)  $64,000  (2021-?)
10)  $128,000  (?)
Historically, those value appreciations in bitcoin have been way greater than the debasement of the dollar even if someone were to have had paid you 10% interest on the dollars that they were holding for you, it still would have had been better for you to keep your value in bitcoin even if no dividends or interest had been paid by keeping your value in bitcoin and stored by yourself in isolation.
Historically, many folks have gotten overly greedy with their bitcoin and they put their bitcoin with third-parties in order to receive interest or yield and then they end up getting fucked.. so frequently it is not worth the risk to be using those kinds of interest bearing products in relation to your bitcoin, unless you can have some confidence that they are not gambling with your BTC too much.. which is truly difficult to assess because sometimes they are lying to you about what they are doing with your BTC in order to earn the yield.

Now that I know how bitcoin compounding works, I can see that it favors long-term investors. Historically, this has happened at intervals of two or even three times. Based on your explanation, if I started holding in 2015 and held it for four years, I would have received an eight times return on my initial investment . So bitcoin not only offers good compounding value effect but also a means to store value.

And this compounding effect would or might continue to occur because bitcoin will remain a valuable asset over time. Just look at how much it cost and how simple it was to obtain bitcoin in 2015. Then, picture what it will be like in four years, and you can see that I, as a holder, will still have the opportunity to profit even if the compounding value is only two times or even greater—no one can predict with certainty. Therefore, based on my theory—which I haven't tested—I believe that as bitcoin becomes more scarce, the compounding value impact may rise. Time will hopefully prove if I'm right or wrong 🙂.

I have seen the thread you creates on the fuck you status, it's quite broad and I take my time to look into it 😊.
Activity: 98
Merit: 55
February 15, 2024, 08:00:41 PM

And that is one thign I always had in mind when making any decision concerning my investment in bitcoin,"what if bitcoin reaches a peak from here would I also be amongst the testifies or do I have enough bitcoin in my stash to benefit from the bull run". And that's why I get aggressive at times with my investment not because of greed but I always have this feeling I started late and I want to try as much as possible to take a leap, and mind you I'm  doing this out of the comfort of a huge capital I already had at hand and moreover my business is paying of quite good and I still have that extra cashflow coming in, so when I say I aggressive I mean investing more than I think I should, and I managed to achieve this comfort by actually chunking down my expense, I call it discipline and I think newbies like me should try it too, cause I know if you want more bitcoin then you must also find ways to increase you allocation and also income.

And yes no need to be in such a haste or end up forgetting to build up your emergency funds or reserves or even keeping a good float which I Don't forget to do. And moreover I have prepared myself for every market movement that I think possible and I am taking action based on the possibility of my senerio happening, just that I chose to favour this one irrespective of anything. It could be a wrong choice and I could turn out to be a good one, all I am is prepared, but at the same time I know I can't be fully prepared.
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
February 15, 2024, 06:36:33 PM

February 15, 2024, 05:32:03 PM

legendary
February 15, 2024, 03:22:59 PM

At the same time, we don't know.  We don't know if this is the top right now.  We don't know if there is going to be a top before the halvening and then nothing.  We do not know if there is going to be a top before the halvening and then several more tops.

However, we do know that if we invest and we continue to invest in bitcoin (and if we do not employ leveraging techniques), then likely the most that we can lose is 100% of what we had ended up investing into BTC, while at the same time, there are quite a few upside scenarios, including if anyone has any ideas regarding both the meaning of scarcity and the fact that these various new ETFs are continuing to vacuum up BTC at a very high and consistent rate - and also that they will not be able to hide the fact that they are vacuuming up BTC, without potentially having enough BTC if they try to screw around with their having the BTC that reflect the collateral of the shares that they are selling... so yeah, lose up to 100%, while at the same time considering various upside scenarios that still exist that could take 4-10 years or longer to play out.. and if we have been in for a while, do we still have 4-10 years or longer on our BTC investment time horizon.. do we have enough BTC and/or should we keep buying?

And, you 348Judah have ONLY been registered on the forum for a little over 20 months, so sure you are coming on 2 years, but have you gotten enough BTC in light of your own personal circumstances.. You registered in the forum at a very down time for bitcoin, but were in you in a position to be able to take advantage of the situation both financially and psychologically, and in retrospect we might be able to calculate that you would have had been in a better position to employ some kind of a front loading of your investment into BTC in 2022, but still that would have probably still been difficult for a lot of newbies to have had done something like that in regards to bitcoin.. even if you might have had been financially able to accomplish such..  

Another thing is that maybe you had been in bitcoin prior to your registering on the forum, but probably a more likely scenario would have had been that you were more whimpy in your BTC investment than you should have had been, so then you might still be considering the extent to which you should still be accumulating BTC aggressively right now.  For sure, I cannot know the answer for you, even though I frequently imagine situations in which many guys are going to need more than a whole cycle to accumulate,  unless they had been in a position to be pretty aggressive in their investment early on and that they actually employed pretty heavy aggressiveness, otherwise they likely should be continuing to accumulate.. and yeah, results can vary, and that's part of the reason why each of us have to consider the extent to which we have enough BTC.. and maybe even more difficult of a question when we have less than a whole cycle in bitcoin.
Activity: 700
Merit: 521
February 15, 2024, 01:54:44 PM

legendary
February 15, 2024, 11:42:47 AM
The lump sump strategy that I know is very different from the buy the dip strategy, the lump sump strategy is where you buy all at once with all the capital you have but the buy the dip strategy is usually used by investors who only enter the market when the market is just bearish conditions
Let's get this right because it seems everyone seems to be advocating that the DCA method is the best. I know the methord is very popular and most people that might have practiced it in the past might have hard positive result from it but what about a situation that someone has enough money and monitors the price of bitcoin and when it gets bearish to a  particular range of value he buys it and does that continually for the particular number of
year.

I know it might seem like the same thing that traders do but you're not monitoring the price for the purpose of trading when the price goes up but what you're just after is the most convinient price you're going to be buying whenever you want to buy.
To he honest as a investor would you keep to this, because you may endup not accumulating more bitcoin. Buying the dip and all that is great and nice strategies we all know that. But how often you sure you gonna keep buying the dip that means in a scenario like when bitcoin was still In $40k as an investor that have the mindset of  always buying  the dip only. so you would have to exercise patient till the price decrease to around $38k or below. But look now what is the present price of bitcoin is it below $40k nahhh bitcoin now is around $50k and before hitting that price it's didn't experience any dip  below $40k. So as an newbie that haven't invested more in bitcoin and you always waiting for the dip, what would be your faith now if this $50k is just the beginning of the bullish run. Means that you've already missing out that is why is  always advisable expecially for newbie to always exercise DCA strategies irrespective to your financial capability to avoid state of you missing out.
One thing that we should be aware of is that the level we once considered bitcoin as being too high in terms of price today will be the level we be praying and hoping for it to dip to. That's why whenever I see people say they I waiting for the dip I just smile and mind my business. Few weeks ago bitcoin was around $45k and many people considered it too high for them to buy. Within a little while bitcoin got to $50k and they started wishing for it to drop back to the $45k they once considered too high for them to buy. We saw $50k and they considered it too high and now we are on $52k and they will now be waiting for $50k again as dip. So what am saying is the high of bitcoin today that you are running away from might be the dip you will be waiting for tomorrow.

Better yet.. we had a period from about mid October to January in which we bitcoin went from about $27k to $49k, and we hardly had any dips greater than 10%.. and yeah even down to the ballpark of 10% were ONLY a couple of times, and so finally when we got a dip from $49k to $38.5k (in the ballpark of a 21% dip), there should have been plenty of buying at that point, and sure no problem if you hold a bit of extra fiat in case it might dip some more, but at the same time, you realize that you are running a risk that it might not dip more, and in the whole scheme of things, a 21% dip is pretty damned good.. and we already had it.

February 15, 2024, 11:28:06 AM
The lump sump strategy that I know is very different from the buy the dip strategy, the lump sump strategy is where you buy all at once with all the capital you have but the buy the dip strategy is usually used by investors who only enter the market when the market is just bearish conditions
Let's get this right because it seems everyone seems to be advocating that the DCA method is the best. I know the methord is very popular and most people that might have practiced it in the past might have hard positive result from it but what about a situation that someone has enough money and monitors the price of bitcoin and when it gets bearish to a  particular range of value he buys it and does that continually for the particular number of
year.

I know it might seem like the same thing that traders do but you're not monitoring the price for the purpose of trading when the price goes up but what you're just after is the most convinient price you're going to be buying whenever you want to buy.
To he honest as a investor would you keep to this, because you may endup not accumulating more bitcoin. Buying the dip and all that is great and nice strategies we all know that. But how often you sure you gonna keep buying the dip that means in a scenario like when bitcoin was still In $40k as an investor that have the mindset of  always buying  the dip only. so you would have to exercise patient till the price decrease to around $38k or below. But look now what is the present price of bitcoin is it below $40k nahhh bitcoin now is around $50k and before hitting that price it's didn't experience any dip  below $40k. So as an newbie that haven't invested more in bitcoin and you always waiting for the dip, what would be your faith now if this $50k is just the beginning of the bullish run. Means that you've already missing out that is why is  always advisable expecially for newbie to always exercise DCA strategies irrespective to your financial capability to avoid state of you missing out.
One thing that we should be aware of is that the level we once considered bitcoin as being too high in terms of price today will be the level we be praying and hoping for it to dip to. That's why whenever I see people say they I waiting for the dip I just smile and mind my business. Few weeks ago bitcoin was around $45k and many people considered it too high for them to buy. Within a little while bitcoin got to $50k and they started wishing for it to drop back to the $45k they once considered too high for them to buy. We saw $50k and they considered it too high and now we are on $52k and they will now be waiting for $50k again as dip. So what am saying is the high of bitcoin today that you are running away from might be the dip you will be waiting for tomorrow.
Activity: 140
Merit: 92
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
February 15, 2024, 10:08:15 AM
but it is far better also to make use of the various stages of Bitcoin market volatility to make more gains within a short period and if you are an expert in the chat readings and market speculations,  you stand a good chance to make more profits using DCA model than just holding for the long term.

If I really get you clearly I think what you are referring to is scalp trading that is done by traders in order to profit from small price movement which is absolutely not part of the thread discussion and on the other hand being an expert doesn't even guarantee profits and this is more like gambling. Bitcoin investment should be seen on long term perspective of about 4 -10 years or more which creates a better opportunity of experiencing compounding of your invested value. Mind you scalp trading for short term profit maximization within the shortest time frame has nothing to do with dca , in dca investors focus on the long term potential of Bitcoin rather than Short term Price movements. If you are thinking Bitcoin investment think hodl until you get to your expected goals and objectives.
Activity: 196
Merit: 123
February 15, 2024, 10:00:54 AM
yet you also have extra BTC that you can treat as surplus and to be able to sell small amounts of the extra BTC and never really use up the extra BTC.
It is a good idea that after using a long time to invest in bitcoin, one can still have extra bitcoin that is not part of his investment portfolio, which he can withdraw little once in a while because of the excess profit that has been generated from his extra bitcoin. I like this concept because it makes you still keep intact you bitcoin portfolio since you are not withdrawing from it, and I have never thought of such idea. I am still in my accumulation stage, and maybe in future I will give it a try.

If you are getting to a point that you have accumulated quite a bit of BTC and you are thinking about how to draw income off of your bitcoin, then you could put it to practice, and even use a relatively low withdrawal rate if you are still in the process of trying to allow your BTC to continue to appreciate in value.., and so it could be a mistake to start to use it too soon, but also it could be a mistake to have a lot of BTC but also have no plan regarding how to start to withdraw them on a regular basis that is comfortable and likely to be sustainable if you try to stay within the parameter of the guidelines of the tool.
You are right, it is good to put everything into consideration, when you are investing and when you have reached the point at which you have reached your bitcoin goal, and how you will go about your withdrawal so that you don't make a mistake to over withdraw from it, so that it does not affect your bitcoin holding from good profit. Some investors can even make mistakes of selling all their bitcoin or withdrawing higher percentage from their bitcoin portfolio that might not be wise, because it can prevent them from the compounding value for the rest of their lives. It is nice that you stated this @JJG, because I might fall into the trap of over withdrawing from my bitcoin portfolio in future when I have reached my bitcoin target, which might make me regret, after such action in the latter.

but it is far better also to make use of the various stages of Bitcoin market volatility to make more gains within a short period and if you are an expert in the chat readings and market speculations,  you stand a good chance to make more profits using DCA model than just holding for the long term.
You don't need to be an expert in chart reading and market speculation before you can make profit, all you need is to discipline yourself so that you will be persistent and consistent with your regular weekly or monthly DCA, and if there is room to invest aggressively, you can DCA aggressively, as long as you don't overdo it. You will definitely make profit over time, because with DCA you can buy regularly irrespective of the price of bitcoin at that moment.

I just want to add to what you rightly said, you really don't need to know technical analysis for you to be successful in investing into Bitcoin through the DCA method, because if as an investor that have so much faith in Bitcoin and is aware of the potential of Bitcoin long term then you will have only one duty, which is to just hold, the only thing I see as a problem if not addressed is having a source of income or an emergency fund so as you wouldn't be looking at your holdings when any financial problems arise.
Moreover if you pay close attention to the historical figure of Bitcoin and how it has aged like a fine wine 🍷 you will definitely be confident that in the nearest future, the price of Bitcoin can get even better than this due to it limited supply.
Activity: 294
Merit: 267
Baba God Noni
February 15, 2024, 06:49:19 AM
yet you also have extra BTC that you can treat as surplus and to be able to sell small amounts of the extra BTC and never really use up the extra BTC.
It is a good idea that after using a long time to invest in bitcoin, one can still have extra bitcoin that is not part of his investment portfolio, which he can withdraw little once in a while because of the excess profit that has been generated from his extra bitcoin. I like this concept because it makes you still keep intact you bitcoin portfolio since you are not withdrawing from it, and I have never thought of such idea. I am still in my accumulation stage, and maybe in future I will give it a try.

If you are getting to a point that you have accumulated quite a bit of BTC and you are thinking about how to draw income off of your bitcoin, then you could put it to practice, and even use a relatively low withdrawal rate if you are still in the process of trying to allow your BTC to continue to appreciate in value.., and so it could be a mistake to start to use it too soon, but also it could be a mistake to have a lot of BTC but also have no plan regarding how to start to withdraw them on a regular basis that is comfortable and likely to be sustainable if you try to stay within the parameter of the guidelines of the tool.
You are right, it is good to put everything into consideration, when you are investing and when you have reached the point at which you have reached your bitcoin goal, and how you will go about your withdrawal so that you don't make a mistake to over withdraw from it, so that it does not affect your bitcoin holding from good profit. Some investors can even make mistakes of selling all their bitcoin or withdrawing higher percentage from their bitcoin portfolio that might not be wise, because it can prevent them from the compounding value for the rest of their lives. It is nice that you stated this @JJG, because I might fall into the trap of over withdrawing from my bitcoin portfolio in future when I have reached my bitcoin target, which might make me regret, after such action in the latter.

You don't need to be an expert in chart reading and market speculation before you can make profit, all you need is to discipline yourself so that you will be persistent and consistent with your regular weekly or monthly DCA, and if there is room to invest aggressively, you can DCA aggressively, as long as you don't overdo it. You will definitely make profit over time, because with DCA you can buy regularly irrespective of the price of bitcoin at that moment.
legendary
February 14, 2024, 11:07:31 PM
Could you explain more about how bitcoin compounds value to me a bit, i would really love to understand.

Can't you already see the idea of compounding value within my previous discussion and pointing out 8-9 doublings of the BTC price since 2015?  The idea of compounding value should be clear from looking at the numbers, no?  which part is not clear?

Of course it is not guaranteed to continue to happen.. but if you happen to have some understanding how bitcoin is more scarce than fiat currencies (and likely more scarce than any other asset or currency in the world), then you also might understand why bitcoin is likely to continue to have ongoing compounding value effects.. even though, again, it is not guaranteed, so we should account for how compounding takes time and likely to continue to take time..

and I personally like to look at the 200-week moving average rather than spot price in order to also see how the 200-week moving average (which tends to the the bitcoin price bottom) continues to go up, which in my entry-level fuck you status chart, you can see both the historical numbers and also the projection of bottoms (200-week moving average) until 2074...and that may or may not end up being correct, also...so you should be preparing according to your own financial and/or psychological circumstances.

In bitcoin it is not good to think in terms of compounding interest, but instead think in terms of compounding value.  

I touch upon that comparison in another thread in a post of mine from a few days ago:

For example, even just looking at where bitcoin was in 2015, we can see that there have been about 9 doubling of bitcoin's value events (in terms of it's dollar value) and yeah some retracements but still we are currently still around 8 doublings since 2015 (that is ONLY a little more than 8 years).
1) $250  (2015)
2)  $500  (2015-2016)
3)  $1,000    (2016-2017)
4)  $2,000  (2017)
5)  $4,000  (2017-2020)
6)  $8,000   (2017-2020)
7)  $16,000  (2017-2022)
8 )  $32,000  (2021-2023?)
9)  $64,000  (2021-?)
10)  $128,000  (?)
Historically, those value appreciations in bitcoin have been way greater than the debasement of the dollar even if someone were to have had paid you 10% interest on the dollars that they were holding for you, it still would have had been better for you to keep your value in bitcoin even if no dividends or interest had been paid by keeping your value in bitcoin and stored by yourself in isolation.
Historically, many folks have gotten overly greedy with their bitcoin and they put their bitcoin with third-parties in order to receive interest or yield and then they end up getting fucked.. so frequently it is not worth the risk to be using those kinds of interest bearing products in relation to your bitcoin, unless you can have some confidence that they are not gambling with your BTC too much.. which is truly difficult to assess because sometimes they are lying to you about what they are doing with your BTC in order to earn the yield.

[edited out]
But at the end people have different opinion or interest and its up for them what they like to happen on their holdings. But anyways its good to see your sustainable withdrawal thread since for sure we can learn a lot from information's posted there.

Activity: 966
Merit: 340
February 14, 2024, 07:31:31 PM
That's why I don't like that yield farming or anything you call it which have long months or years lock-in since we don't know if they could able to last for long period of time.

Usually what we can see there is they turn scam and they take those balances and fucked up all their investors.

Much better if they just save their bitcoin on their personal wallet since they have total control of their funds and they can do whatever things they like especially selling it when they want pinch some profit.

Exactly!!  I have had some pretty extensive debates with several forum members about these kinds of ideas regarding whether selling any of your BTC is a good thing and/or a way to manage your exposure to BTC and also to manage your ability to draw an income from your bitcoin holdings - and so part of the key is to both get enough and probably even moreso to get to a point in which you are over invested in bitcoin.  I am not talking about being overinvested in bitcoin in a kind of gambling sense but more in a sense that you likely are able to live off of your various other assets and/or even including a portion of your BTC, yet you also have extra BTC that you can treat as surplus and to be able to sell small amounts of the extra BTC and never really use up the extra BTC.

Even though in the past, I sometimes have given examples (hypotheticals) of ways that guys could come to fair assessments that they are overallocated to bitcoin,  I cannot really make those kinds of assessment for other guys.. and so each of us has to come to those kinds of assessed conclusions for ourselves.. and maybe even we might share some examples/hypotheticals in this thread or maybe in related threads, such as my sustainable withdrawal thread in order that maybe some other members (including yours truly) might give our own opinions in regards to if we believe that the situation appears to reach a status of sustainable withdrawal or overallocation.. or whatever kind of second opinion that guys might be wanting to get from other members in this forum.. yet in the end, sometimes we might not agree, but it still can be helpful to describe ideas (and hypotheticals) in order to try to figure out if either sustainable withdrawal has been achieved or maybe if some kind of a transition from strict accumulation and into maintenance or some less strict accumulation might start to be justifiable (while at the same time each member is responsible for each and all of the ways that he chooses to manage his bitcoin holdings).

That's why its really important to consider a lot of thing before taking decisions since it can affect your investment if you instantly done wrong things on you BTC holdings. Its important for us to safekeep our funds especially if we want to aim for long term so that no offers or anything destroy our decision to take part on anything that can benefit us in future. We don't really need to over invested in bitcoin since there's a lot of other things that we can enjoy. And some people think its wrong to touch there btc holdings since they want to maximize their profit while actually they can still do that even if they pinch some profit when needed since they still have huge balance invested that can give them good profit once bitcoin goes pump and reach for another price level.

But at the end people have different opinion or interest and its up for them what they like to happen on their holdings. But anyways its good to see your sustainable withdrawal thread since for sure we can learn a lot from information's posted there.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 503
Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013
February 14, 2024, 07:22:14 PM

What combined value do you want to know now, mate? Because if the value you mean is the general value for Bitcoin in the eyes of many people, I think it will vary greatly between those who really like Bitcoin and those who don't like Bitcoin. But if what you want to know is about the price of Bitcoin, you only need to see it through the market without having to ask other people because in any market the price is always exposed more clearly.

I see you have also read a lot on this topic and I think you are also very familiar with the value contained in Bitcoin so you should really understand it by now. Bitcoin is very strong as a cryptocurrency and its value is also getting better, so it is not surprising that every now and then we hear news that Bitcoin has been accepted by several companies.
Activity: 154
Merit: 44
Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 14, 2024, 07:07:00 PM
Activity: 364
Merit: 154
Cashback 15%
February 14, 2024, 06:49:19 PM
The person who invested for more than one year did the best. The longer the investment is, the more bitcoins you can accumulate, the more bitcoins you accumulate, the brighter the future. That's why I prefer Bitcoin and have been investing for about 14 months. I want to be more patient with bitcoin investing, I am following the DCA method to success. Because I invested in following JJG, today I am running towards success is the single biggest achievement.
The DCA method is the best way to achieve success in the future and you also choose the right person (JJG) for consideration and learning to increase your knowledge in applying the DCA method.
And my advice, never be satisfied with the time and profits you get even if it is your greatest achievement. Because if you truly believe that the price of Bitcoin in the future or in the long term will be much higher, you should continue using the DCA method with the belief that your greatest achievements will be much greater in the future. And it will make you brighter, happier and more peaceful in your financial affairs in the future.
We must make good use of the existence of Bitcoin, and the DCA method is a very effective strategy for gaining profits as long as we do it consistently.
yeah being in this thread lately have help in developing an healthy holding, because of the knowledgeable users here that always shares their opinions and ideas about holding, And I know there's alot I still got to learn about investing in bitcoin and lately this thread as being damn helpful with that. One thing I also noticed about this DCA it's also help in building good confidence in investing (in bitcoin). Because most people expecially newbies don't have strong confidence in investing yet. For instance a newbie with such low confidence in investing decided to go in once thinking he or she as buy the dip, and lateron market experience a dip ( prices decrease) that individual would be in a tremendous loss because of it's entry and also going in once, due to the lack of confidence he or she may endup selling that certain investment in loss. That why I would advise that newbie need to focus in thread like this in order to boost their confidence in investment by learning about new strategies to embark on. Though alot of newbies don't have the privilege we have to be in this great forum and in such amazing threads.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
February 14, 2024, 06:30:46 PM
The person who invested for more than one year did the best. The longer the investment is, the more bitcoins you can accumulate, the more bitcoins you accumulate, the brighter the future. That's why I prefer Bitcoin and have been investing for about 14 months. I want to be more patient with bitcoin investing, I am following the DCA method to success. Because I invested in following JJG, today I am running towards success is the single biggest achievement.
The DCA method is the best way to achieve success in the future and you also choose the right person (JJG) for consideration and learning to increase your knowledge in applying the DCA method.
And my advice, never be satisfied with the time and profits you get even if it is your greatest achievement. Because if you truly believe that the price of Bitcoin in the future or in the long term will be much higher, you should continue using the DCA method with the belief that your greatest achievements will be much greater in the future. And it will make you brighter, happier and more peaceful in your financial affairs in the future.
We must make good use of the existence of Bitcoin, and the DCA method is a very effective strategy for gaining profits as long as we do it consistently.
Pages:
Jump to: