Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 483. (Read 108087 times)

legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
February 24, 2022, 12:33:44 AM
buy x only if you will buy x at 32k and 30k and 28k

i just got a piece and will ladder down to as low as it goes.

note this is in addition to the 50 a day dca that I have.

Lets hope that the  Russian /Ukrainian war ends quickly with few casualties.

God bless those in harms way.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 283
February 24, 2022, 12:26:57 AM
Don’t listen to the advice of these charlatans in YouTube. They just want you to buy blindly anywhere, without any care for your investment and your frustration. A Bitcoin bought lower by buying the DIP is more Bitcoin purchased for every Dollar. Don’t worry about the surge or how high you think you can sell, worry about discounts and HODL.

Correct! Let's bear in mind that it's always too good to be true when it comes buying and holding.

And we need to make our own way when it comes analysing the graph instead of listening to those crap content creators in youtube because most of their information is to gain views only not for the safety of our investments.

Let's just be practical as well to prevent risky situation and in order to have a good return after all..
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
February 23, 2022, 03:44:46 PM
You have no other option. I joke about the whalecumulators, but what else can we plebs do? Buy the dip, and HODL! You do not want to end up empty handed on the next cycle, https://twitter.com/misir_mahmudov/status/1118243131584065537

Always zoom out if in doubt, https://bitcoin.zorinaq.com/price/

every decrease in bitcoin and altcoins is an opportunity to make a purchase, many people are not able to take advantage of the condition of the decline in price as a step to buy, so when the good trend is happening in bitcoin and altcoins we are not able to benefit from both, I think we should be able to follow the good trend against bitcoin after making a purchase in a correction condition, because that's when we will get the maximum profit

A common problem is that potential bitcoin investors get scared or worried into doing nothing.. so can we know that the BTC price is going to dip more?  I would say that we cannot know.. so it may well be better to buy once a week with extra cashflow than to be waiting for lower prices that might not happen...

At the same time, I can understand that sometimes people run out of money too.. so they do not have much if any extra cashflow coming in.. so it is not an easy balance to know how much to buy now, versus waiting for another dip. if another dip might happen or not.. maybe?  maybe not.

Regarding your mentioning shitcoins.. fuck shitcoins.. who cares about that?  That's a topic for some other thread to figure out calculating which if any of them might be of any value at all versus how much risk exists to involve yourself with various forms of crap.. . and need not get into discussions here to figure out which shit coin might be less shitty than some other shitcoin...   In other words, this thread is about bitcoin... not some amorphous concept that includes considering how much to allocate to shitcoins. possibly zero would be a good number to make the dilemma less difficult in terms of running out of money to buy bitcoin if you happen to be using some of your cashflow to invest in crap.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 887
February 23, 2022, 07:51:00 AM
You have no other option. I joke about the whalecumulators, but what else can we plebs do? Buy the dip, and HODL! You do not want to end up empty handed on the next cycle, https://twitter.com/misir_mahmudov/status/1118243131584065537

every decrease in bitcoin and altcoins is an opportunity to make a purchase, many people are not able to take advantage of the condition of the decline in price as a step to buy, so when the good trend is happening in bitcoin and altcoins we are not able to benefit from both, I think we should be able to follow the good trend against bitcoin after making a purchase in a correction condition, because that's when we will get the maximum profit
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
February 23, 2022, 05:19:44 AM
Don’t listen to the advice of these charlatans in YouTube. They just want you to buy blindly anywhere, without any care for your investment and your frustration. A Bitcoin bought lower by buying the DIP is more Bitcoin purchased for every Dollar. Don’t worry about the surge or how high you think you can sell, worry about discounts and HODL.

legendary
February 19, 2022, 04:12:56 PM
I prefer to buy when prices are in a positive trend, it will reduce the risk of loss. when prices are falling it is very difficult to determine the lowest point, this is the reason why I prefer buying when market conditions are rising. according to research I have done this method is more effective to reduce the risk of loss.
Now try to test the buy dip and hold until price recovery occurs and compare which one is better with the strategy you have done before.
The risk of buying when the trend is positive is actually greater than you are buying when it is dip. Although nothing seems to go wrong but your potential profit is much greater if you buy on a dip. Setting a dip shouldn't be around -2% of the previous price but you may have a good chance when you see -7% of the previous price.

Ok.  Falconer.. I agree with you overall because the ideas presented by olib123 are likely going to fuck you out of a lot of profit areas, but there are some issues when you seem to be suggesting ONLY buying on dips.. because sometimes the BTC price does not dip for an extended period of time.

you have been registered on this forum for about the same amount of time as me, so likely you have been through several examples of periods in which the BTC price goes up without really dipping.. so what do you do?  just stop everything?

Let's take our recent example of September 2020 to April 2021.. The BTC price largely went from $10k to $64,895 with only around one period of significant dip..

For the sake of this example, let's say that you have $1k per month of extra cashflow (that you can dedicate towards buying BTC) coming in between September 2020 and April 2021.  What do you do?  Do you buy?  Do you just hold it?  And, you don't know in advance where the BTC price is going.. even though afterwards, you can see where it went.. but while the price is going up between September 2020 and April 2021 you do not really know when the UP is going to stop, right?

I chose September 2020 and April 2021, but we have a lot of examples like that in bitcoin.  Remember April 2019 to June 2019 going from $4,200 to $13,880 without any meaningful dips?  What do you do during those kinds of times?  Of course, we could go further back, but some of that could be messy to describe the period. especially if we look at the various price moves in late 2016 or throughout 2017.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
February 19, 2022, 03:50:44 PM
I prefer to buy when prices are in a positive trend, it will reduce the risk of loss. when prices are falling it is very difficult to determine the lowest point, this is the reason why I prefer buying when market conditions are rising. according to research I have done this method is more effective to reduce the risk of loss.
Now try to test the buy dip and hold until price recovery occurs and compare which one is better with the strategy you have done before.
The risk of buying when the trend is positive is actually greater than you are buying when it is dip. Although nothing seems to go wrong but your potential profit is much greater if you buy on a dip. Setting a dip shouldn't be around -2% of the previous price but you may have a good chance when you see -7% of the previous price.
legendary
February 17, 2022, 07:59:19 AM
The nocoiners’ narrative of the month. “White Power”. Haha.

It’s true that Bitcoin can be used for nefarious reasons, but that’s because Bitcoin is convenient for entities that can’t use, or who are banned from using the legacy banking system. It is working as designed. That’s bullish.

Buy the DIP, and?
legendary
February 16, 2022, 02:27:36 PM

Thought so... So how can you know when you've reached a low point? Is this the lowest point in our history?

You will never know, and no one actually knows. We the plebs, and the poors can “only try” to find the DIP, but it’s important that we try than buying blindly at any price.

One of your problems Wind_FURY is that you continue to repeat your poor mental framework based on various presumptions that either you or other people (especially newbie normies) have very strong abilities to see BTC's price direction, before it happens.

Hopefully, not too many forum members are taking you so serious as to screw up their own preparations for UP because they are spending too much time believing that they are going to be able to buy upon a BTC price dip that may well not happen.

I am not saying that I know anything, even though I have been watching and practicing with BTC buying for more than 8 years....and over and over we see that some folks end up panic buying on the way up because they failed/refused to sufficiently/adequately prepare for up because they were so busy believing that they were going to be able to buy on a dip... blah blah blah.

In other words, there is some value and need to buy regularly, even if there is also some value in attempting to buy on dips, too.

You may think it's impossible that bitcoin will ever return to these prices, but people who waited for a dip at 1400 had the same idea, and the price went down a lot and they waited for it to go down even more, and when it started to go back up they waited for it to go back down, but the price only kept going up and never saw those numbers again.

So, purchasing every dip is a fantastic idea, but it's not something you can easily do yourself without knowing when you're at the dip, implementation is more difficult than the advice. On the surface, I agree with the concept, however, I've had several failures with implementation.

My advice, find a job, and save. If you have a job, find a second job, and save more. Use that to buy every Bitcoin DIPs, but it’s your choice.

For sure, it is a good suggestion that people who are still early in the BTC accumulation stage, should be attempting to engage in various ways to increase their cashflow and their abilities to set aside money to invest in BTC.  It's likely going to pay off .. especially if there is a 4 year to 10 year or longer investment timeline.

You can buy now, or you can buy during the next bear cycle, which I believe will start either this year or the next year if past cycle patterns are to be followed.

Again, Wind_FURY there is a bit of a problematic angle to your ongoing presumption that any bear market is going to allow for either the purchase of BTC at prices lower than our current price or that some newbie BTC accumulator is not going to be better off just getting some BTC now rather than waiting the fuck around for a price dip that may or may not happen.

Of course, there are going to be differences between different kinds of BTC newbies... One who might have already accumulated a bit of BTC, one who has some lump sum amount that s/he might be able to invest right away, variations in cashflow amounts whether a person can spare $50 per month to invest in bitcoin or $5k per month.. Those various differences in circumstances are going to affect the approach regarding how much to buy now, how much to prepare for buying on dips, and whether to employ a DCA strategy too.. which is a very powerful tool.. as I have mentioned around a zillion times.
legendary
February 16, 2022, 03:36:24 AM

Thought so... So how can you know when you've reached a low point? Is this the lowest point in our history?

You will never know, and no one actually knows. We the plebs, and the poors can “only try” to find the DIP, but it’s important that we try than buying blindly at any price.

You may think it's impossible that bitcoin will ever return to these prices, but people who waited for a dip at 1400 had the same idea, and the price went down a lot and they waited for it to go down even more, and when it started to go back up they waited for it to go back down, but the price only kept going up and never saw those numbers again.

So, purchasing every dip is a fantastic idea, but it's not something you can easily do yourself without knowing when you're at the dip, implementation is more difficult than the advice. On the surface, I agree with the concept, however, I've had several failures with implementation.

My advice, find a job, and save. If you have a job, find a second job, and save more. Use that to buy every Bitcoin DIPs, but it’s your choice. You can buy now, or you can buy during the next bear cycle, which I believe will start either this year or the next year if past cycle patterns are to be followed.
legendary
February 15, 2022, 03:20:49 PM

What are you doing then, sushil?

It's not like any plan or practice is going to be fool proof, and many of us already appreciate that it is almost impossible to predict any exact bottom or to know how long the BTC price is going to stay down when it is down.

So if you have a cashflow coming in, you can reserve part of that for buying various dips at various price points, and you can use other portions of your incoming cashflow to buy no matter what the price.. just in case the dip is already in.

There is no exact answer, but it seems that one pattern exists for people who have been in BTC for longer periods of time, and those who had continued to buy on a regular basis have tended to do quite well especially after one or two cycles.. so 4 years or longer.

Of course, if you timeline is shorter than 4 years or even 10 years, then you might end up in a world of hurt because you are too busy with being preoccupied about the BTC price rather than just accumulating on a regular basis... it can take a while for any investment to really pay off, and BTC seems to be amongst those kinds of investments.. there are no guarantees, either... but bitcoin does seem to be a decently good (maybe the best) of asymmetric bets that are available to normies.. and you can start with small amounts or larger amounts if you have it, but even if you have larger amounts, you might still be cautious in terms of how much to allocate to bitcoin and what approach to take in order to reach whatever BTC accumulation targets you set for yourself and the targets that you might also tweak along the way, too.
Activity: 67
Merit: 0
February 15, 2022, 02:36:26 PM
legendary
February 15, 2022, 08:11:34 AM

This strategy doesn't apply for all traders, what if a certain trader doesn't have enough capital? Do you think he can buy every dips or what they called averaging down?  Of course not.

You can't buy all the DIPs, and you will have times that your portfolio will be in a loss, but zoom out, Bitcoin is still in a path to price discovery of its true value. The same concerns were said before during 2018, and 2019 with many "traders" missing a golden opportunity to buy Bitcoin under $5,000.

Even if it is a strategy it doesn't mean that you can guarantee yourself to earn from it just because you buy at dip and hold. We should consider the time after all, are we going to hold it for the rest of our lives or are we going to sell it in short period of time.

Who said there will be guarantees? Many things in life have no guarantees, BUT I can guarantee that buying the DIP, and HODL will give you a higher probability of profit than plebs leveraged day-trading.
legendary
February 13, 2022, 04:50:56 AM

This strategy doesn't apply for all traders, what if a certain trader doesn't have enough capital? Do you think he can buy every dips or what they called averaging down?  Of course not. Even if it is a strategy it doesn't mean that you can guarantee yourself to earn from it just because you buy at dip and hold. We should consider the time after all, are we going to hold it for the rest of our lives or are we going to sell it in short period of time.

Have you even read any posts in the thread?  The focus is on buying and holding.

Surely in recent times, if you are long term investing then you would consider that you would have at least a 4 year timeline, but maybe 10 years or longer, especially if you do not have very much money and you are only able to invest small amounts of money.  If you are ONLY able to invest small amounts of money, then you do whatever you can.. whether that is $10 per week or $100 per week or some other amount.

Of course, there can be some individual strategizing whether you invest every week or if you let your money accumulate to attempt to maximize your dipping of the BTC price buy points. 

Sometimes there are going to be risks if you do not buy regularly and you let your money build up (for example if you ONLY have $10 or $100 per week to buy) , and if you do not buy regularly and you wait for a dip that does not end up happening.

In the end, everyone has to attempt to tailor his/her strategy as best to his her own circumstances, including considering his/her cash flow, other investments, timeline, view of bitcoin as compared with other investments, risk tolerance and time, skills and abilities to plan, strategize, study and tweak along the way which may well include reallocating from time to time or even employing more advanced techniques such as trading, leveraging, margin trading, or use of various financial instruments - even though employment of more basic techniques/strategies would be better to get under control before advancing to more complicated strategies.. in other words, get your financial shit in order before attempting to gamble with any portion of the way that you accumulate, manage and hold your bitcoin.
legendary
February 10, 2022, 03:37:01 AM
I always see this word being posted in twitter to "buy the dip" but for newbies in trading, its going to be hard for them to determine if its "the dip" or the price will continue to drop drastically. I remember wen I was new in trading, I kept of buying when the price started to go down thinking that the price will recover until I run out of funds for trading. Price did not recover for a month.

It will be hard, but when in doubt, zoom out. You should always try to buy the DIP to receive the most Bitcoins for your Dollar at any given hour. Bitcoin is a low time preference investment. I believe there are many people who haven’t realized the true nature of Bitcoin in international politics/geo-politics. Or Bitcoin as a path to have an advantage, especially for countries that are censored from using SWIFT.

Wait for everyone to understand, wait for the market to price it in. Buy the DIP, and HODL.
legendary
February 09, 2022, 06:25:48 PM
I always see this word being posted in twitter to "buy the dip" but for newbies in trading, its going to be hard for them to determine if its "the dip" or the price will continue to drop drastically. I remember wen I was new in trading, I kept of buying when the price started to go down thinking that the price will recover until I run out of funds for trading. Price did not recover for a month.

Sometimes the price might not recover for several years, so part of the rationale of buying on the dip would be that you would be in a better position for the price to recover above your purchase price when buying on the dip.

If you are buying on the dip, hopefully, you would have sufficient confidence in the underlying asset that ultimately it is going to recover.. even if it may take 3-4 years or more to get into profits.

Bitcoin does seem to be a pretty strong asymmetric bet to the upside, but nothing is guaranteed, and even the short term you may well be running more risks that you will not be in profits.. so surely you have to figure out for yourself if you have confidence in the underlying asset and you also need to figure out a meaningful and reasonable budget for your investment into bitcoin.  Of course, it has been shown that more aggressive investment strategies have paid off quite well, but you should not be striving to be so aggressive that you cannot financially and psychologically withstand dips (even long ones) in the price.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
February 08, 2022, 04:34:55 AM
Investing in an entity when the price is low and is expected to surge in the future is considered a smart investment strategy, and will yield large returns in the future.
If you're thinking about investing in bitcoin, there really isn't a great time. However, if your strategy is for long term profit, buying every time there is a decline and holding it until you get a satisfactory profit is the best choice, because in my opinion bitcoin is for HODL and there is no set time limit until you really get bored and give up, and sell it when the bitcoin price is really really high.
legendary
February 08, 2022, 04:16:52 AM

Is it time to take profits?

Would you want to take profits?

Not sure what other traders think, but I have a different take on it. My style of investing is more of a buy-and-hold one. Not too concerned with profits at the moment. As for me, I intend to keep them in a particular wallet and will not take any out for some time.

Be concerned more in how to efficiently use your capital. You can do this through buying DIPs, not by buying blindly. Attitude should always be 1 Bitcoin = 1 Bitcoin, not “how much my investment will be in fiat”.

Is it easy for holders to take profits and buy back again during the crazy madness? It's impossible for me to time it properly. It keeps going up no matter what I do. I always buy when it drops lol. While diamond hands motivate people to leave 9-5 jobs, traders simply replace it with staring at charts all day.

Spend less than your monthly salary, budget your money, pay your expenses, then HODL the rest in Bitcoin.
legendary
February 08, 2022, 02:03:56 AM

Not sure what other traders think, but I have a different take on it. My style of investing is more of a buy-and-hold one. Not too concerned with profits at the moment. As for me, I intend to keep them in a particular wallet and will not take any out for some time.

Is it easy for holders to take profits and buy back again during the crazy madness? It's impossible for me to time it properly. It keeps going up no matter what I do. I always buy when it drops lol. While diamond hands motivate people to leave 9-5 jobs, traders simply replace it with staring at charts all day.

You do not even seem to be trying to understand the topic of the thread...and I suspect that you know the topic of the thread, and you just state the opposite just to stir shit and to get a reaction.

The fact of the matter is that this thread is not about trading.. you purposeful misleading diptwat.

Even looking at the title should help you to figure that out.
Activity: 2156
Merit: 323
February 08, 2022, 01:33:38 AM

Jump to: