Pages:
Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 11. (Read 79835 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 106
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest
May 04, 2024, 10:49:26 PM
I got a proof of the DCA method, I really like the process, you can also check it out if you want. View post, there is a lot of interesting information here but I feel stronger, now that I see this strong evidence and commit myself to investing according to your opinion.

Agree or disagree?
#DCA into #BTC
Don't #FOMO or #FUD!

It's not really about getting of proof of someone who is using the DCA but the question is are you accumulating? Seeing other people's proofs without making a step to have your own portfolio is a total waste of energy and time. It has oftenly been discussed about the need to DCA as a beginner and someone who gets your income at regular intervals so you can accumulate at every time your income comes into your DCA and by so doing you will get a whole lot of stashes in your portfolio. Why making Bitcoin investment also consider applying the best investment practices to acquaint you with the proper knowledge needed to guide you all through your investment processes.

The image shows how difficult it is to make a bold step because of too many obstacles that will arise but at last you will reach the peak of your investment because Patience and perseverance is the step to owning a mouthwatering portfolio.
Activity: 33
Merit: 7
May 04, 2024, 09:01:46 PM
I just entered this topic for about an hour, and I will start looking at the details from today. But I have been looking at this topic for an hour with ideas and my mind is useful enough to invest. I will start investing according to everyone's idea and make my investment long term.  Because everyone here says long term investment is only more profitable, I will definitely show you the scenario of investing with proof from the day I start investing. So I am interested enough to invest now.

Welcome mate to this thread, let me run a quick brief on what we have been discussing here, as the title implies 'buy the dip and hold' the thread is about to best ways to accumulate bitcoin and the best kind of practices you can involve in your be successful at that.

We have settled for the fact that the DCA METHOD or dollar cost averaging is the best strategy for beginners amongst other strategies cause ;

1.)It doesn't require much knowledge to start

2.)You can start buying right away with any amount you have, you don't have to be rich or have a huge capital to start buying bitcoin, all you need is to is divide the capital you have at hand into several parts and invest at equal time intervals.

We have also discussed about building up emergency funds as an insurance we don't sell our holdings due to emergency when we don't plan too, this is important cause as a long term investor you have to ensure that your bitcoin remains intact throughout your investment time.

This is a short summary of some important stuffs you can do some research on DCA to aquire more information on what it's about.

I got a proof of the DCA method, I really like the process, you can also check it out if you want. View post, there is a lot of interesting information here but I feel stronger, now that I see this strong evidence and commit myself to investing according to your opinion.

Agree or disagree?
#DCA into #BTC
Don't #FOMO or #FUD!

Activity: 168
Merit: 50
Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 04, 2024, 08:50:20 PM
I just entered this topic for about an hour, and I will start looking at the details from today. But I have been looking at this topic for an hour with ideas and my mind is useful enough to invest. I will start investing according to everyone's idea and make my investment long term.  Because everyone here says long term investment is only more profitable, I will definitely show you the scenario of investing with proof from the day I start investing. So I am interested enough to invest now.

Welcome mate to this thread, let me run a quick brief on what we have been discussing here, as the title implies 'buy the dip and hold' the thread is about to best ways to accumulate bitcoin and the best kind of practices you can involve in your be successful at that.

We have settled for the fact that the DCA METHOD or dollar cost averaging is the best strategy for beginners amongst other strategies cause ;

1.)It doesn't require much knowledge to start

2.)You can start buying right away with any amount you have, you don't have to be rich or have a huge capital to start buying bitcoin, all you need is to is divide the capital you have at hand into several parts and invest at equal time intervals.

We have also discussed about building up emergency funds as an insurance we don't sell our holdings due to emergency when we don't plan too, this is important cause as a long term investor you have to ensure that your bitcoin remains intact throughout your investment time.

This is a short summary of some important stuffs you can do some research on DCA to aquire more information on what it's about.
Activity: 33
May 04, 2024, 08:39:34 PM
Activity: 966
Merit: 340
May 04, 2024, 07:59:08 PM
My fellow plebs, another indicator that might help give you more confidence in buying the DIP is the Bid/Ask Ratio. I personally haven't seen what the ratio currently is right now, but with the post-halving + post-ETF approval market conditions, the ratio would probably more positive than negative during this DIP. Cool

OK, the DIP is coming and it's NOW the time for YOU to PAY ATTENTION. For those who employ a DCA strategy, it's probably a good decision to start making your purchases bigger. For those who employ a Buy the DIP strategy, start placing your bids NOW. Currently, the 200-Weekly Simple Moving Average is at $34,200. Will it touch that line again? Probably not, but near that line has always been a good buying opportunity.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, the 200-WMA currently is moving up at a pace that is right around 40% per year, and so it can slow down in its appreciation rate or it can go up faster if the BTC price goes up faster, and so for sure the BTC spot price is going to get close to the 200-WMA again and perhaps even go below it, yet it is difficult to expect the BTC spot price to get within 25% above the 200-WMA or lower within the next 12-18 months.. (even though right at this moment, the BTC price is ONLY around 68% higher than the 200-WMA - see here).

Never say never, but we should be careful in terms of any kind of overexpectations in regards to BTC price correction that might not end up going as low as we might expect them to go.

I was merely mentioning it as a guide for newbies who want to start HODLing. DCA at the current price = Good. But "IF" Bitcoin crashes down to that line or go below it TODAY = throw DCA out of the window and get as much cash as you can and buy Bitcoin.
I think this will make some newbies to mess up their bitcoin accumulation plan because they might use the money they kept for their emergencies to buy the dip in other to accumulate more bitcoin at a low price and if there is any emergency they will not have money left to solve their emergency. Even though bitcoin is in a dip, newbies should stick with accumulating bitcoin with the DCA strategy so that they can accumulate bitcoin without trying to buy aggressively, which they didn't plan for. The DCA strategy is also good for accumulating bitcoin because it will also help newbies accumulate bitcoin when bitcoin is in a dip, and they will not be concerned about buying the bitcoin dip. With the DCA strategy newbies will not want to time the market in other to buy bitcoin at a dip, they can accumulate bitcoin even when it is increasing and decreasing and it also controls their emotions.

If they don't have community like this to discuss any bitcoin investment discussion then provably they would messes everything they do on their investment. That's why research is important and for sure if they are resourceful to find reliable information they will be redirected here. So glad we can see a lot of people talking about their methods used and experience also have veterans sharing their insights to help people understand what's really best thing to do since they can learn a lot which can help them to became successful on their long term bitcoin investment.

The DCA strategy is really a good option to use and it need to execute well that's the reason its important for newbies to know more about it so they could able to do this strategy well without getting bothered by anything since for sure a long way on their accumulation their are fuds will destroy their focus that's why they need to get equipped with knowledge so everything is good to them and they can earn harvest the best result and experience on this journey.
Activity: 294
Merit: 168
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 04, 2024, 02:35:07 PM
My fellow plebs, another indicator that might help give you more confidence in buying the DIP is the Bid/Ask Ratio. I personally haven't seen what the ratio currently is right now, but with the post-halving + post-ETF approval market conditions, the ratio would probably more positive than negative during this DIP. Cool

OK, the DIP is coming and it's NOW the time for YOU to PAY ATTENTION. For those who employ a DCA strategy, it's probably a good decision to start making your purchases bigger. For those who employ a Buy the DIP strategy, start placing your bids NOW. Currently, the 200-Weekly Simple Moving Average is at $34,200. Will it touch that line again? Probably not, but near that line has always been a good buying opportunity.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, the 200-WMA currently is moving up at a pace that is right around 40% per year, and so it can slow down in its appreciation rate or it can go up faster if the BTC price goes up faster, and so for sure the BTC spot price is going to get close to the 200-WMA again and perhaps even go below it, yet it is difficult to expect the BTC spot price to get within 25% above the 200-WMA or lower within the next 12-18 months.. (even though right at this moment, the BTC price is ONLY around 68% higher than the 200-WMA - see here).

Never say never, but we should be careful in terms of any kind of overexpectations in regards to BTC price correction that might not end up going as low as we might expect them to go.

I was merely mentioning it as a guide for newbies who want to start HODLing. DCA at the current price = Good. But "IF" Bitcoin crashes down to that line or go below it TODAY = throw DCA out of the window and get as much cash as you can and buy Bitcoin.
I think this will make some newbies to mess up their bitcoin accumulation plan because they might use the money they kept for their emergencies to buy the dip in other to accumulate more bitcoin at a low price and if there is any emergency they will not have money left to solve their emergency. Even though bitcoin is in a dip, newbies should stick with accumulating bitcoin with the DCA strategy so that they can accumulate bitcoin without trying to buy aggressively, which they didn't plan for. The DCA strategy is also good for accumulating bitcoin because it will also help newbies accumulate bitcoin when bitcoin is in a dip, and they will not be concerned about buying the bitcoin dip. With the DCA strategy newbies will not want to time the market in other to buy bitcoin at a dip, they can accumulate bitcoin even when it is increasing and decreasing and it also controls their emotions.
Activity: 154
Merit: 108
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
May 04, 2024, 12:40:16 PM
At the end of the year we may not be satisfied with our holdings as the DCA strategy implies consistent short buying. In this case, you can buy a bit more than the series when you realize that its price has entered a bear cycle if you have a floating cash supply. Recommend you to do more research on these marketing strategies. Again after some time when the market rises in the bull cycle, continue with regular DCA and you can get the benefit of over-accumulation in earlier DIP and the average price will fall.

If the goal is still the same as the target of buying on Dip and holding for the long term, I don't think anyone needs to spend any more time doing research related to marketing. Because the only weakness when we see the Dip price is when we don't have much money to buy, even though our desire to buy is very big when we see the price has started to Dip.

And now the price of Bitcoin has recovered and is heading towards $65K so that people who did not hesitate to buy Bitcoin when it was below $60K have once again experienced victory due to the surge in Bitcoin prices which started to occur again at the beginning of this month. This can be a valuable example for everyone that price corrections only occur briefly, but the next price increase in Bitcoin is always more likely to occur in the near future.

The facts remain that any investor with the objective of long time holding don't panic when there is a dip just as it occurred in few days ago but see it as great opportunity to accumulates as much as he/she can because after bull run may find it difficult to accumulate as per what the dip can offer.

One investor after see the drop was so worried as how the market is going down that his emotion can't hold , because of our individual difference I see that what make most person not to practice long term holding is not just because of emergency fund but emotion when ever the market is experiencing a dip many feel they can run into loss as the BTC is volatile and rush to sell off their BTC , my advice is we should build up our emotion though is not possible to take away emotional feeling on investment but one can control it by believing on what you are into and stand to the end.

Honestly, investment shouldn't be done attaching emotions to it especially when it is a long term, yeah it is expected that you build your psychology sufficiently/adequately enough in order to make an informed decisions. However, I believe Bitcoin has the potential of appreciating it's value over time surely, the price may fluctuate an uncertain but it has still shown that it has the ability to recover with it's potential of appreciating and growing it's value over time. Generally, the market can be very uncertain but yet we might need to consider what we believe to have possibilities as that is what Will give us the mindset to focus more on what can be achieved rather than thinking about limitations.
Activity: 280
Merit: 205
The great city of God 🔥
May 04, 2024, 12:32:39 PM
Those first two examples are not quite right, even thought the first guy has more BTC than the second one.. so usually the longer that you are buying BTC then the more likely you would be in higher levels of profits..
Checking From your analysis, I see a slight difference in price from the first and second. The first person who did his DCA at the beginning or early 2021 peak and late  october 2021 peak, there is a slight different. Showing that time intervals of investment really matters to every investor.
Even if an investor has the same strategy, he might end up buying bitcoin at a higher price and then a lower price, so even a guy that got into bitcoin earlier could end up having a higher cost per BTC than someone who came in later, but in the longer run, he still would end up having more BTC, so the time in the market may still end up being better, even if he ended up with a bit of a higher cost per BTC than someone who came in later.
you are actually correct about that. let me take for instance if I had  baught btc around late October 2021 peak at  $61,410.28 as an old investor, thinking I have accumulated alot, I might be disappointed seeing that late December 2021 end price of btc has dip down to $46,387.98 per btc. surely if a new investor uses thesame amount I used to buy 1 btc, he could buy 1.25btc having more btc compeard to me. if another investor also bought btc in early part of January at the rate of $20,250.72 you would also notice that the amount I use to buy 1 btc in October 2021 would be used to buy 3Bitcoin. all this is cause by volatility that is why reserved/discretionary fund is good so as to use it to buy when the price is down as a form of dip and hold strategy while DCA is a normal weekly procedure. that is the only way to scale through this.

If the investor who invested at the late october peak 2021 baught when the first  person baugh he could also have made him self alot of profit but now you can see there different clearly  $17500 and $13600.
The first guy has 0.5386 BTC  and the second guy has 0.4489 BTC. and sometimes we still cannot change the facts and/or the prices in which we end up accumulating BTC, and there may well be cases in which we acquire a bunch of BTC, and then the price goes down, and then we see some later entrants who are able to buy more BTC than we have for lower prices.. so yeah, we cannot necessarily avoid some of those kinds of situations, and we just need to do our best in terms of building our own stack so we feel as if we are prepared the potential of UP and also for down too.

definitely, but It depends on when you bought your coin. like those who baught btc at the rate of $100 each, will never face the challenge of buying at higher price and it dips and another person bought cheaper than the first person. I think people who actually accumulated alot that never regret the ups and downs market fluctuations are those early adopters who accumulated less than $100. because even if btc surly reaches $75k and dip down to $20k, they are still at advantage. so I presume early adopters should be classified as those who bought below $100.

Activity: 630
Merit: 195
May 04, 2024, 12:14:06 PM
That's the main thing I want to know that what to do in the period when spot price goes below 200-WMA. It's good time to accumulate Bitcoins rather to sell. If you see past price of Bitcoins then in the long run spot price always recovers no matter how much down it goes.

You still have to attempt to budget, since there is no guarantee that the BTC price is going to end up coming back.

This is something one has to believe that Bitcoin price will recover no matter how much it goes down. Recently when Bitcoin price drops below 20k there were speculations that Bitcoin will go below 10k. But those who have believe in Bitcoin were saying it's the last time we are seeing Bitcoin below 20k. So it depends what you feel about Bitcoin. I have a strong feeling that Bitcoin price will go above with time. Though it may drop to some unexpected low's.

Sure, the odds might be low that the BTC price might not ever recover, but the odds are not zero, so you have to temper your own investment into bitcoin and to balance your cashflow, and if you were already convinced about bitcoin, you might not have any extra money when the BTC price ended up dipping below the 200-WMA because you had already been investing aggressive and/or overly aggressive prior to the BTC price even dropping below the 200-WMA, so part of the reason that it is difficult to know is partly based on your own situation, and if you had been accumulating all along then why would you have extra dollars merely because the BTC price happens to be down.

Having said that I am fully convinced about Bitcoin, I don't have huge money to go for lump sum investment rather I will go for DCA and if I see price of Bitcoin going down 200-WMA then I will take that opportunity to go aggressive. It's a kind of ideal situation that price of Bitcoin is down below 200-WMA and you have cash to buy bitcoin  

So based on past price of Bitcoin we must not get worry even if price of Bitcoin is going below 200-WMA.

You should be able to have some confidence, but it still remains up to you regarding how much conviction that you have and no one is going to save you if you end up estimating wrong in terms of how you choose to balance your own cashflows.  You are also going to be the one who is going to have to suffer if you make the wrong balancing choices.

It's my money so I am the one who will enjoy the profit or bear loss. I am convinced that my money is going in right direction.

There are many folks around who are investing in ETFs but I am one of few who is least interested in this ETF stuff.

There are some folks, institutions and/or governments who would have never been ready, wiling and/or able to invest into bitcoin directly, so the ETF provides an onramp to bitcoin that had not previously been available to certain kinds of investors to get exposure to bitcoin.
They want to play safe or don't want to take the risk that's why they go for ETF to avoid risk or legal complications.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 04, 2024, 10:46:35 AM
I guess part of the point (and we don't really seem to disagree) is that the more organized you are and the more experienced you are with the balancing of your finances and psychology, then the more aggressive that you can afford to be in terms of your bitcoin accumulation, and sure some kinds of behaviors might border upon being overly aggressive, but at the same time, if we are trying to be realistic, there may be some ways that BTC buys are preset or they might be manually made, so that if paychecks are coming in each two weeks or some thing like that, then there can be ways to balance out if too much aggressiveness might have happened the previous pay period and yeah, there is a balance in regards to being either whimpy or aggressive, sometimes you might not realize that you had gone too far in one direction or another until later down the road and/or it is too late and maybe either you see that you BTC could have performed better if you had not been so whimpy or that you run out of money and you are forced to sell some bitcoin at a time that is not of your own choosing because you ended up investing into bitcoin too aggressively.
I think one of the reasons why people usually fail to strike a balance between whimpy and aggressive Bitcoin accumulation is often lack of experience and organization.

Because this two are key factors when drawing the line of Accumulating Bitcoin, the more one understands his financial status and the risk involved it will help determine how aggressive one should be in Bitcoin Accumulation.

Experience from previous investment will help one understand the risk and the benefits in investment and that will be a guild when venturing into a new investment.
There are potential risks associated with Bitcoin investment, such as high volatility and risk of losing money.
If someone fails to notice all this risks but always putting focus on the benefits of Accumulating Bitcoin it will lead to investing over aggressively.

Is very nice and good to be optimistic about bitcoin potential for profitability but if not controlled can lead to being too aggressive so is very important to balance the aggressiveness in order to make good investment.

About automating investment I think it will be helpful when trying to maintain a consistent bitcoin accumulation strategy and also help in preventing one from making mistakes that we jeopardize his investment.
Activity: 0
May 04, 2024, 10:25:02 AM

Basically the DCA is more advisable for anyone that on a salary payroll or your income comes in a specified interval but for anyone that have a lot of money that they have accumulated for long the DCA will not be necessary for them at an intensed DIP but the lump sum is what is needed at that particular time but in subsequent purchase of Bitcoin they can choose to apply the DCA so if the price dips further than this then it will be a very good advantage to buy huge and you can even decide to forget about the DCA yet and use any income you have to settle some real life projects and needs so that on know account will you touch your holdings then watch your investment in Bitcoin grow as time goes.

I have learned enough from my debates with JayJuanGee that buy the DIP, or DCA, is a matter of personal preference and to do what YOU are comfortable with. But the point of that post is, keep doing DCA if you want. BUT if there's a crash and an opportunity comes to buy the DIP near or below Bitcoin's 200-Weekly-SMA, then BUY THE DIP WITH EVERYTHING YOU COULD AFFORD.

You speak from a Trading Technical approach, using an indicator to approach a volatile market like Bitcoin. Guess, you know indicators for lag and shouldn't be the only confluence for action as well as newbies Coming to this thread to learn might get confused and then to leave the path of DCAing, having an emergency funds, and long term view of the market as approaching bitcoin from your view as a Tradable coin is wrong rather than a Valuable Asset.

Using the word Everything is misleading,  the market is unpredictable so I don't encourage rather everyone stick to there plan and approach with caution to avoid regret.
Activity: 0
May 04, 2024, 10:18:43 AM
At the end of the year we may not be satisfied with our holdings as the DCA strategy implies consistent short buying. In this case, you can buy a bit more than the series when you realize that its price has entered a bear cycle if you have a floating cash supply. Recommend you to do more research on these marketing strategies. Again after some time when the market rises in the bull cycle, continue with regular DCA and you can get the benefit of over-accumulation in earlier DIP and the average price will fall.

If the goal is still the same as the target of buying on Dip and holding for the long term, I don't think anyone needs to spend any more time doing research related to marketing. Because the only weakness when we see the Dip price is when we don't have much money to buy, even though our desire to buy is very big when we see the price has started to Dip.

And now the price of Bitcoin has recovered and is heading towards $65K so that people who did not hesitate to buy Bitcoin when it was below $60K have once again experienced victory due to the surge in Bitcoin prices which started to occur again at the beginning of this month. This can be a valuable example for everyone that price corrections only occur briefly, but the next price increase in Bitcoin is always more likely to occur in the near future.

And that's isn't the way Mate, you talk from the perspective of short term gain, that shouldn't be the motive of any investor, we must understand bitcoin price volatility, within last month and this month we have seen how price Dip and pump, that explains better that buying or accumulating you should have a set plans with a long term view from 4-10 years which isn't guaranteed wether or not you're in profit but sure you would have determined how your portfolio is by then.  Bitcoin have proven itself, no need to fret as for now we still act withing the resistance level of the ATH formed.
Activity: 406
Merit: 360
May 04, 2024, 08:39:27 AM

The facts remain that any investor with the objective of long time holding don't panic when there is a dip just as it occurred in few days ago but see it as great opportunity to accumulates as much as he/she can because after bull run may find it difficult to accumulate as per what the dip can offer.

One investor after see the drop was so worried as how the market is going down that his emotion can't hold , because of our individual difference I see that what make most person not to practice long term holding is not just because of emergency fund but emotion when ever the market is experiencing a dip many feel they can run into loss as the BTC is volatile and rush to sell off their BTC , my advice is we should build up our emotion though is not possible to take away emotional feeling on investment but one can control it by believing on what you are into and stand to the end.
I know that it might be hard for some people to control their emotions when they have invested in bitcoin when the price dips or pump, and they rush to sell which means that they are weak hands. This is why it is adviced that you should only use the amount of money that you can afford to lose, in the sense that even though bitcoin is crashing that investor would not be worried, because he can avoid to let go of such amount.

It also boils down to having a long term goal to reduce the risk in bitcoin volatile nature, and stay focus on that with your body and soul, so that no matter what happens, you don't sell until when you have reached the prepared time after along period of time. Also this is why one is advised to use DCA strategy to invest in bitcoin so that with your discretionary income in order to be able to overcome any tension of selling at loss. Long term investors and hodlers don't panic when the market dips, because they see it as a norm. Short term investors see price dip as a threat to their lives and money.
Activity: 196
Merit: 25
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest
May 04, 2024, 08:08:10 AM

Activity: 2030
Merit: 705
May 04, 2024, 07:29:01 AM

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228
May 04, 2024, 06:24:53 AM
Luna and and FTX is really a good coin before and many think about there's good future to come with this coin as they got a lot of holders. But one issue came and there's a lot of people been liquidated on bad event happen on their ecosystem which result to many people lose a lot of money from this. That is one of prime example that we should forget to think about investing on those altcoin but rather we should focus ourselves to do DCA on bitcoin only. Its hard to test to waters since for sure those people who keep investing on those shitcoins will regret and will say that if they just invest their money on bitcoin they could still able to enjoy all their balances stored which have big potential to gain in future. That's why I understand those people who's angry on those shitcoins and always try to correct the mindset of people about their shitcoin investment since they really need to realize that those type of crypto is just a waste of time.
FTX and LUNA are the most evil shitcoins, just imagine how many victims have been fooled by the fake liquidity of these two coins, while Bitcoin has never even deceived a single person. 

It is reported that CZ, the founder of Binance, has been detained by the police, this has made quite a significant correction to the BNB token, if BNB does not have large liquidity then this token will definitely follow in the footsteps of FTX and LUNA, so for the sake of your peace of mind at night, just invest your money in bitcoin, use the DCA method and don't trade futures.
CZ case and that of the FTX are not similar in any way. Moreover CZ already stepped down as the CEO of Binance. Even Binance is a major investor in bitcoin. Binance has a large amount in bitcoin. I don't think CZ case will have any effect on the company, because he is no longer running the company. He resigned immediately after his case of money laundering was made public and he never tempared with investors money. But just as you have rightly said, bitcoin should always be preferred over shitcoins. 

FTX CEO obviously scam a lot of people and CZ case is somehow maybe part of the way how government want to control those business running under on cryptocurrency industry and his sentence is so small and he can get out on cell in 4 months. Then from that maybe he can get back on business and for sure he would be more careful on every businesses he want to take. And glad this news didn't give so much bad effect on bitcoin since those people who want spread some bad news to test out if they can move the market out of a lot of peoples fear.

The situations happen on FTX should be a wake up call for other that they should not go with those shitcoins but rather they focus to invest on bitcoin since this is the only coin that can give them guarantee that they are safe from being rug pulled and have great chances to gain especially for people who always look after with this coin for long term.
Activity: 56
May 04, 2024, 05:45:51 AM
Sure it is good to have a longer time line, and that was part of the reason that I outlined the examples to show that the longer that we invest, even if we might start out at a market top, we still might well end up still putting ourselves into a good position.. even though surely it is not guaranteed, but we can see how our BTC portfolio is growing over a timeframe in which we might continue to buy for 4 years or more and then perhaps reassess if we might need to make any changes to what we are doing or just keep buying regularly.
I think someone will not be satisfied with their BTC holdings because if we already love BTC then we will continue to buy every week. An increase in the portfolio of the number of BTC which continues to increase with accumulation every week will make us more enthusiastic to continue doing it every week.

Of course, as you have experienced as someone who has been buying BTC for a long time and keeping it until now, you definitely have high enthusiasm to continue to increase the amount of BTC you have.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 616
May 04, 2024, 04:15:25 AM
Sure it is good to have a longer time line, and that was part of the reason that I outlined the examples to show that the longer that we invest, even if we might start out at a market top, we still might well end up still putting ourselves into a good position.. even though surely it is not guaranteed, but we can see how our BTC portfolio is growing over a timeframe in which we might continue to buy for 4 years or more and then perhaps reassess if we might need to make any changes to what we are doing or just keep buying regularly.
I agree with JJG that someone who invests in the long term targets it as an investment for their old age. On average, they choose a long period of time because they want to find profits that they will enjoy in their old age, which of course means there will be no pressure on their journey because they invest a small amount per week.

For me, the best position is to carry out a regular purchasing routine, which is probably one of the routines that they must maintain in their long-term investment journey.
Some people with large wealth of course accumulate large amounts, but there is no significant difference because in the equation, only the amount is different, but in planning, of course it is the same, namely investing in the long term.

I think someone will not be satisfied with their BTC holdings because if we already love BTC then we will continue to buy every week. An increase in the portfolio of the number of BTC which continues to increase with accumulation every week will make us more enthusiastic to continue doing it every week.

Of course, as you have experienced as someone who has been buying BTC for a long time and keeping it until now, you definitely have high enthusiasm to continue to increase the amount of BTC you have.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
May 04, 2024, 03:55:40 AM

Basically the DCA is more advisable for anyone that on a salary payroll or your income comes in a specified interval but for anyone that have a lot of money that they have accumulated for long the DCA will not be necessary for them at an intensed DIP but the lump sum is what is needed at that particular time but in subsequent purchase of Bitcoin they can choose to apply the DCA so if the price dips further than this then it will be a very good advantage to buy huge and you can even decide to forget about the DCA yet and use any income you have to settle some real life projects and needs so that on know account will you touch your holdings then watch your investment in Bitcoin grow as time goes.

I have learned enough from my debates with JayJuanGee that buy the DIP, or DCA, is a matter of personal preference and to do what YOU are comfortable with. But the point of that post is, keep doing DCA if you want. BUT if there's a crash and an opportunity comes to buy the DIP near or below Bitcoin's 200-Weekly-SMA, then BUY THE DIP WITH EVERYTHING YOU COULD AFFORD.
Activity: 224
Merit: 151
May 04, 2024, 02:54:46 AM
Luna and and FTX is really a good coin before and many think about there's good future to come with this coin as they got a lot of holders. But one issue came and there's a lot of people been liquidated on bad event happen on their ecosystem which result to many people lose a lot of money from this. That is one of prime example that we should forget to think about investing on those altcoin but rather we should focus ourselves to do DCA on bitcoin only. Its hard to test to waters since for sure those people who keep investing on those shitcoins will regret and will say that if they just invest their money on bitcoin they could still able to enjoy all their balances stored which have big potential to gain in future. That's why I understand those people who's angry on those shitcoins and always try to correct the mindset of people about their shitcoin investment since they really need to realize that those type of crypto is just a waste of time.
FTX and LUNA are the most evil shitcoins, just imagine how many victims have been fooled by the fake liquidity of these two coins, while Bitcoin has never even deceived a single person. 

It is reported that CZ, the founder of Binance, has been detained by the police, this has made quite a significant correction to the BNB token, if BNB does not have large liquidity then this token will definitely follow in the footsteps of FTX and LUNA, so for the sake of your peace of mind at night, just invest your money in bitcoin, use the DCA method and don't trade futures.
CZ case and that of the FTX are not similar in any way. Moreover CZ already stepped down as the CEO of Binance. Even Binance is a major investor in bitcoin. Binance has a large amount in bitcoin. I don't think CZ case will have any effect on the company, because he is no longer running the company. He resigned immediately after his case of money laundering was made public and he never tempared with investors money. But just as you have rightly said, bitcoin should always be preferred over shitcoins. 
Pages:
Jump to: