Pages:
Author

Topic: Buying old coins: Is it worth it? - page 4. (Read 2102 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 101
July 27, 2021, 10:08:25 PM
maybe if the old coins are update and investors are interested it might be a good idea to buy old coins, but what is happening now is that many new coins are popping up and embracing investors to invest in their coins or projects so that the old coins that used to be in demand are now left behind.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 123
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 27, 2021, 03:17:33 PM
Nah they aren't worth it, the only old coins I would wanna bet on are the popular old coins like bitcoin, Ethereum , Litecoin etc, the rest I don't know what the future holds for them since they are using old technologies compared to the tech's the new projects are using, Old projects have all lost their communities to new projects which tend to offer more than they do, so investing in a project that is already going down slowly is a waste of money and time.
Activity: 1120
July 27, 2021, 10:58:01 AM
In my portfolio there are always more old coins than new ones, including tokens. I always take new projects with caution and at the first opportunity I leave with a profit, it is safer for me.I think a lot of people have similar tactics.

that's a good tactic. because indeed every trader and investor should know when to exit and when to enter. lest we follow the hype and forget we have to go out with a profit.
I actually don't participate in investing in new projects except trading for bounty tokens.
the focus now is on top market assets in long-term trading or investment.
Activity: 760
Merit: 104
Moonbet.io
July 27, 2021, 10:31:22 AM
If the project is still progressing well, I guess it's no problem we buy old coins.
But if the project does not develop then we will get a loss because automatically the coin will certainly be ignored by investors.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 344
win lambo...
July 27, 2021, 10:12:50 AM
Old coins are still worth to hold but should be in the top coins in the market like bitcoin and ethereum. There are many old coins but few were not really improving, it's better in the top coins because those are still popular and it can make a new ATH in the future.
We can't hide the fact that old coins are more promising than newly created coins. That is why we are preferred to invest in them especially for the long-term investment. But that is not all about it, it also needs patience and market trust as this is the main reason why we are able to hold and calm. But if we are being controlled by our emotions, even investing old coins, promising coins, proven to be profitable had made no sense if we had just been in panic when seeing the market is in decline.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 102
July 27, 2021, 10:03:38 AM
Old coins are still worth to hold but should be in the top coins in the market like bitcoin and ethereum. There are many old coins but few were not really improving, it's better in the top coins because those are still popular and it can make a new ATH in the future.
Activity: 680
Merit: 103
July 27, 2021, 09:24:13 AM
The most important and time tested concept in life is change. If the old coins don't change their marketing tactics or business model then they're gonna be in trouble sooner or later.
You are definitely right. We can just look at Bitcoin. It is not developing, it is still using out-of-date Proof of Work and it is not likely to change it to Proof of Stake. On the other hand, those projects, whose devs add new features to their product and make it more convenient, attract the attention of users. Also advertisement and hype are really important. This way useless meme coins grew significantly during spring.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 253
July 24, 2021, 11:44:48 PM
The most important and time tested concept in life is change. If the old coins don't change their marketing tactics or business model then they're gonna be in trouble sooner or later.
well, this is why a lot of old coins suddenly become scams, or dumps to the bottom. they do not adapt their project to the current state. well, but for now, the coin that holds the most popularity is the old coin. So, I think, if you do some research, then you might find an old coin that has great potential. if you want low risk, choose an old coin like ethereum or binance coin.
old coins don't necessarily have a guarantee that they will be good until now, many of them are the ashes of their current coin prices. besides being unable to adapt to current conditions, old coins usually cannot develop according to the whitepaper they had planned, so they eventually disappeared from the coinmarketcap list
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
July 24, 2021, 11:12:23 PM
well, this is why a lot of old coins suddenly become scams, or dumps to the bottom. they do not adapt their project to the current state. well, but for now, the coin that holds the most popularity is the old coin. So, I think, if you do some research, then you might find an old coin that has great potential. if you want low risk, choose an old coin like ethereum or binance coin.
Activity: 840
Merit: 250
July 24, 2021, 11:02:28 PM
Precisely to buy the old coins, as you described above, starting from now on and we will help promote the coins so that other people are also interested in investing in the coins that we promote, it's like our old coins are abgred information so that the old coins give a new impression so that they become many were interested and flocked to invest and at that time old coins could rise in price, that's what I think, maybe there are other suggestions please,,
Activity: 2814
Merit: 518
July 24, 2021, 07:37:00 PM

snip...
I'd never agreed that legit projects will take time to show, no, they will surely make pump if they have the potentials and even no hypes happened unlike with the new projects.
Well, buying olds coins have the advantage as it was considered for long-term investment but have to be sure that old coins are not dead coins.
But for me, I'd never think about old or new coins, what is most important is that we are confident that we are investing the right and promising coin, not shitcoins.

Old coins that are not dead coins in terms of development. Because if you will buy an old alt where there is no more updates happening anymore, then, that's useless. Should always have specific use case and the dev team is still active with their innovations. You should always look at the application of the coin. Because even if they have noble mission/use case, most of them don't even get the audience they want.
Exactly, either it was old or new coins, we need to be sure that coins are still active and we can find it out once we do a deep search. It needs extra effort and is time-consuming but our goal is to sure that we are investing the right coin, the right project, which seems to be worth it. Thus, if we are lazy and just relying on other's opinions on what coins to buy, we are also not sure about our future.
Merit: 10
July 24, 2021, 07:30:04 PM
Depends on the old coin and it's fundamentals The first thing you do when buying a coin is it's fundamentals and development roadmap There are many old coins doing just fine. Am not saying some with good fundamentals don't fail but is a good idea to follow that path cause you will be barely wrong but still choose your coins wisely
Old coins still has the potential but as they said that we should have to check first its website to check its status whether it still active and by there we can see its roadmaps and updates so we can decide to invest or not. Investing old coins without exploring is very risky.
we have to check their developtment progress is it running well or stuck and didnt any product lauched so far. If we analize old or exisiting coins this is the important thing to check , don't ever we trapped in project that die in developtment and nothing to build.  Website could not be benchmarket the project still active or not.
Activity: 1829
Merit: 134
July 24, 2021, 07:12:17 PM
Yeap, I agree with you, the only things to do to survive it's adapt with the current market condition especially some coins with mainstream use case but it's didn't affect some coin with unique use case (Something like Decentralized Storage, CDN, etc), There are tons of old coins back from previous year before that was turned out to die since they can't develop the coin to become much better and adapt the market too.
Activity: 510
Merit: 102
July 24, 2021, 07:05:27 PM
Depends on the old coin and it's fundamentals The first thing you do when buying a coin is it's fundamentals and development roadmap There are many old coins doing just fine. Am not saying some with good fundamentals don't fail but is a good idea to follow that path cause you will be barely wrong but still choose your coins wisely
Old coins still has the potential but as they said that we should have to check first its website to check its status whether it still active and by there we can see its roadmaps and updates so we can decide to invest or not. Investing old coins without exploring is very risky.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 103
COMBO 2.0
July 24, 2021, 06:22:20 PM
Activity: 1708
Merit: 3
July 24, 2021, 02:29:09 PM
I highly agree that old coins are more stable and reliable than the new hype coins,de-fi and Nft's but most people are after making more profits and new coins are much more profitable than the older ones that is why there are more preferable.I can't sincerely remember the last time I bought old coins because I don't  make as much from them as the new ones .
Activity: 1190
Merit: 108
July 17, 2021, 11:49:21 AM
Old coin will be old coin if they are not evolve, so they are not worth to buy anymore if they did not do that. Cryptocurrencies related with renewal and trend, so IMHO, any project and company who follow that two things mentioned, they will be acceptable by audience.
It's a pity that the old coin like what OP said did not do much effort to evolve, i think they are too comfortable with their zone.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 11
July 17, 2021, 11:45:48 AM
The coins you mentioned are struggling in cryptocurrency market especially Peercoin but personally I don't think that these coins are on its last stage imo these coins may be a suitable option for long term personally I have expectations with Primecoin it's almost eight years old coin in cryptocurrency market and still trading with decent volume but the problem is it's not available on a notable exchange which is I think a main reason of its slow growth, the developers of Primecoin should consider to list xpm on a notable cryptocurrency exchange.
Merit: 4
July 17, 2021, 11:41:24 AM
Activity: 1120
July 17, 2021, 11:12:45 AM
for an old coin that still has potential it's worth it. but for those who don't have and don't even have major developments, it's better not to buy. for example ethereum, litecoin, monero, and doge are one of the many old coins that still have potential and are worth investing in long term.
Old coins or tokens have proven to us that they can survive in a barren market. The high pump has already occurred and we can see potential assets and assets that rely solely on the hype from bitcoin.
those who thrive and get market support will surely grow well. but those who are dead without development may soon be removed from the exchange list.
Pages:
Jump to: