Pages:
Author

Topic: Bytecoin [BCN] vs MONERO [XMR] who will be the winner in the Cryptonote War - page 10. (Read 15734 times)

Activity: 723
Merit: 503
so much trolling in this thread...

if you guys want to learn things or make money or do both at the same time, it's happening there: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/rpietila-altcoin-observer-624223
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Unfortunately the XMR guys got very badly organized recently. And getting worse day from day.

May be there are some internal problems inside the team?
So, what's the plan?  

A lot of noise and chaos and less real work.
But was very enthusiastic start.

No bubble lasts long, it is clear. The question is "what is the good time to quit"?

Who's next taking the challenge?

I'm working with three different devs and we're pushing code to branches that's being tested daily. There aren't any internal problems, fluffypony is out with rpietila and Peter Todd in Europe right now discussing the future of the chain and engineering issues regarding it.

There are many big things that will be rolled out in the coming months, so stay tuned.

THERE ARE MANY BIG THINGS THAT MONERO WILL STEAL FROM BBR AND BCN DEVS AND MUCH MORE USELESS FIXES IN COMING MONTHS SO STAY TUNED
Activity: 728
Merit: 265
The only thing that bothers me about XMR is its suspicious difficulty chart. Several big peaks which are not associated with any event, so it's probably a botnet.

It has been discussed recently that XMR diff peaks coincide with mining trojan activity all over the web - if it will go further this way XMRs future is very questionable.

Monero can be mined by GPU's now. So Botnets(which also was there for Bitcoins beginnings) are much less of a "problem"..

GPU's are much less effective compared to CPU. Unfortunately, GPU mining is not solving the problem.

I think Bitcoin history is irrelevant now since it was 4 years ago and botnet issue (in terms of mining, of course) probably should be resolved by now. I'm not a tech guy tho, so I can't suggest something specific.

now I know most of you people are trolls. GPUs are much more effective than CPUs at mining genius....are you that dumb...

Did you mean A BIT effective?  +50 h/s! It's not "much more effective " at all.

Why does MRO guys like to exaggerate everything?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Unfortunately the XMR guys got very badly organized recently. And getting worse day from day.

So, what's the plan?  

No bubble lasts long, it is clear. The question is "what is the good time to quit"?

I'm working with three different devs and we're pushing code to branches that's being tested daily. There aren't any internal problems, fluffypony is out with rpietila and Peter Todd in Europe right now discussing the future of the chain and engineering issues regarding it.

There are many big things that will be rolled out in the coming months, so stay tuned.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
The only thing that bothers me about XMR is its suspicious difficulty chart. Several big peaks which are not associated with any event, so it's probably a botnet.

It has been discussed recently that XMR diff peaks coincide with mining trojan activity all over the web - if it will go further this way XMRs future is very questionable.

Monero can be mined by GPU's now. So Botnets(which also was there for Bitcoins beginnings) are much less of a "problem"..

GPU's are much less effective compared to CPU. Unfortunately, GPU mining is not solving the problem.

I think Bitcoin history is irrelevant now since it was 4 years ago and botnet issue (in terms of mining, of course) probably should be resolved by now. I'm not a tech guy tho, so I can't suggest something specific.

now I know most of you people are trolls. GPUs are much more effective than CPUs at mining genius....are you that dumb...
Activity: 689
Merit: 14
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
Here what I found on the forum

Look at what I found - http://cryptvote.com.

Zimstake community is really active, you can see this if you move the mouse on ZS!

If you move the mouse on XMR you will see more 15,000 bought votes!

Zimstake must be in Mintpal this week! We voted honestly all the time, let's make final push this weekend!
Now there's XMR on Mint and their results don't show on http://cryptvote.com. XMR won with a margin of a few thousand votes, anyway 15,000 bought votes is 15 BTC. (Each 0.001 BTC received will count for 1 vote.)

Dudes threw $8,500 cash on the exchange according to conservative estimates. I'm sure they want to quickly get the cash back making a lot of noise around XMR and creating the illusion of activity. Clear to me that once the price rises on the exchanges so that they can recoup their costs, big stakeholders will immediately sell their coins. This's a classic pump and dump just a little longer than usual.

So, what's the plan? 

Activity: 689
Merit: 14
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
Quiet an alarming thing.

I was waiting they would let it go up to $4 before the dump.

But for some reason they decided to dump their instamine earlier. Nothing bad with that, I also had a chance to mine some. Everybody had. But this topic is strange.

Maybe it is because the original developer of Bitmonero has the idea of relaunching and splitting the blockchain with new community support.

I think it is the best time to sell almost all XMR now. Sad Embarrassed I expected more organized game.

!!! Can sell huge amount of XMR/BMR/MRO whatsoever for QCN or BTC at a special price. Just PM me and we make the deal. Be fast!
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
For me there are only 3 CryptoNote coins that have reason to exist.

Bytecoin:
Without this coin we wouldn't had this technology available. Great innovaters but a horrible closed room premine experiment.

Monero:
The first Cryptonote clone. Great community, great devs but the coin was rushed by TFT to be first. Still the XMR community developed proper pool software and optimzed code. Great to have this coin backed by oldschool BTCers.

Boolberry:
Someone who understands Cryptonote better then most people think. Solved the slow syncing issue by using the scratchpad and added many tweaks that benefit the blockchain. A true innovator on top of Cryptonote. Monero maybe has the community but Boolberry has proven to be here for a long time.

The rest of all CN coins are just clones and made for a quick buck, dont support them let them die asap.

BBR is not a pure Cryptonote coin because it use Wild Keccak.

QCN is able to become a leader if we will view cryptocurrencies like a marathon but not a sprint.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
If Monero guys’s skills are not enough to create a decent site how they can create well-working coin??

There are 3 translations on http://www.monero.cc/... And “we can’t find what you’re looking for.” Nothing.
It doesn’t seem they really want big future for their coin.    
Design…  is absent. This is not enough to make a white paper for your site.      

So:   XMR site sucks.

And XMR's bubble will burst very-very soon.
Activity: 8

MONERO DEVZ ARE LITTLE GREEDY MOTHERFUCKERZ WHO WANTZ TO DUMP THEIR INSTAMINE!

known from authorized source
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Here what I found on the forum

Look at what I found - http://cryptvote.com.

Zimstake community is really active, you can see this if you move the mouse on ZS!

If you move the mouse on XMR you will see more 15,000 bought votes!

Zimstake must be in Mintpal this week! We voted honestly all the time, let's make final push this weekend!
Now there's XMR on Mint and their results don't show on http://cryptvote.com. XMR won with a margin of a few thousand votes, anyway 15,000 bought votes is 15 BTC. (Each 0.001 BTC received will count for 1 vote.)

Dudes threw $8,500 cash on the exchange according to conservative estimates. I'm sure they want to quickly get the cash back making a lot of noise around XMR and creating the illusion of activity. Clear to me that once the price rises on the exchanges so that they can recoup their costs, big stakeholders will immediately sell their coins. This's a classic pump and dump just a little longer than usual.
Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com

Activity: 30
Was thinking to join either Bytecoin or Monero, but after reading some threads i don't want any. Lately Coinmarket thread for ex. turned into a dump where people insult each other. I wanted to post it there but i was afraid of getting a bunch of random insults even though i didnt do anything. People, please be nice to each other.

Activity: 245
Merit: 250
For me there are only 3 CryptoNote coins that have reason to exist.

Bytecoin:
Without this coin we wouldn't had this technology available. Great innovaters but a horrible closed room premine experiment.

Monero:
The first Cryptonote clone. Great community, great devs but the coin was rushed by TFT to be first. Still the XMR community developed proper pool software and optimzed code. Great to have this coin backed by oldschool BTCers.

Boolberry:
Someone who understands Cryptonote better then most people think. Solved the slow syncing issue by using the scratchpad and added many tweaks that benefit the blockchain. A true innovator on top of Cryptonote. Monero maybe has the community but Boolberry has proven to be here for a long time.

The rest of all CN coins are just clones and made for a quick buck, dont support them let them die asap.
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

Monero has been the most hyped coin of the year (except DRK)...
It's gotten so absurd that "Hero Members" are claiming it's the first alt they ever bought...
And people on here are claiming that a $5 million cap coin has a "network effect".

But let's look at the numbers...
The first 7 days after listing on Polo Monero averaged 0.00530...
Right now after 6 more weeks of non-stop hype...
And a COVETED MintPal listing...
Monero is trading at..................... wait for it.......... 0.00530

That is not a good sign...
For people that constantly talk of Monero taking out LTC and BTC.

Also, the secondary CN coins like XDN are getting slaughtered (4 sats and $100,000 cap)...
It takes an expert to tell one CN from another...
Yet one is trading at 50 times the price of another.

And the answer is always to attack BCN or people like me...

The core problem is that crypto culture is completely devoid of spirituality...
And a specific Alt becomes an obsession and takes on cult-like qualities...
Complete with abusive Cultic Purity Enforcers like you see in religious cults and THIS THREAD.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Finally, there is the moral question to consider among this all. Bytecoin was the one that started it all, and to have it fail would, to me, represent a failure of open source principles. It is apparent that whoever wrote the code behind Bytecoin and its forks put in a lot of effort into it and so there is also the moral idea that the Bytecoin devs have every right to reap the rewards of their creation.
Tenebrix was the first scrypt coin. It was also a premine an a fail. First-mover advantage is overrated, ask VHS, HTML, SDRAM or Flash - none of them had first-mover advantage.

Edit: regarding the origin of Bytecoin, read the full story. I bet most of you well amazed, even those who think they know.

Edit2: I would like several coins to succeed, not only one. At least for  diversity, I truly believe diversify is paramount for survival. Plus, one can imagine several coins for several uses or community. Dollar and yen are basically the same coin on the technical side but worth a different userbase  -  US and Japan, in that case.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Looking at Coinmarketcap.com, Bytecoin has a higher market cap than Monero ($8 million vs. $5 million) but it also has 20 times less volume ($10,000 vs. $250,000). Which measure is more important when determining success and which coin would be considered the more successful of the two right now?
Pages:
Jump to: