Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin also lead to corruption ? - page 11. (Read 51258 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
January 29, 2018, 11:09:51 PM
We all know that there is corruption everywhere, like in government or any other organization. Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them. Since bitcoin can be considered as money, can it also lead to corruption?

I think everything leads to corrpution, people have to move in between and work directly with, likely what happen with COINBASE in the US.
Activity: 168
Merit: 101
January 29, 2018, 11:08:55 PM
Any currency can be bribed as corruption to make things happen in this world, likewise bitcoin may or may not be used for the same and it's up to the person who does it. Bitcoin or any cryptocurrency never entertains such thing but wrong hands and wrong brains utilize this kind of technology in their favor which is uncontrollable as of now.
Activity: 227
Merit: 0
January 29, 2018, 11:04:17 PM
Bitcoin is the digital currency. So, no one can do corruption in bitcoin. That's what I think.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 103
January 29, 2018, 10:37:58 PM
In any corner of the world you will still see corruption, even in the government and especially in this crypto world. Many rich people have just hid their wealth through these systems. Most enter into this is to avoid the very high taxes they will pay in their country of origin. But there are good people who use bitcoin to earn and that income is used to spread good deeds such as fund raising programs. I`m a crypto lover and i used this for my family future.
Activity: 867
Merit: 522
January 29, 2018, 10:18:34 PM
We all know that there is corruption everywhere, like in government or any other organization. Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them. Since bitcoin can be considered as money, can it also lead to corruption?
Bitcoin has no fault in corruption. Bitcoin does not cause corruption, it's just the payment method, keeping the property secure. The purpose of bitcoin is fast, safe and secure trading without the purpose of money laundering, tax evasion or corruption. Governments need to manage and control people who commit acts of corruption
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
January 29, 2018, 10:16:48 PM

Obviously anything that can influence people can lead to corruption or crime.

But that doesn't mean it should be made illegal.
Before the presence of bitcoin people use banks abroad namely Switzerland and Panama because more secure and profitable, I'm not sure the presence of bitcoin to make corruptors dare to put money because bitcoin is very volatile.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
January 29, 2018, 10:10:26 PM
Bitcoin is easy to use in buying and selling goods and services. Criminals can avoid government management. Bitcoin users are anonymous so the government can not control it. Bitcoin is not the cause of corruption. But the crime has taken advantage of bitcoin to corrupt. Governments need to control transactions to avoid corruption
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
January 29, 2018, 10:03:37 PM
Bitcoin is a free currency, without the administration of any government or bank. Bitcoins are often involved in crime because of the security and privacy features of bitcoins. This has led to debate over the use of this currency. Many countries are now trying to control bitcoin to avoid corruption
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
January 29, 2018, 10:00:47 PM
yes it can. as long as someone loves money and would accept fiat I think a small % of them could also accept bitcoin

There is a lot of way people can corrupt, and as long as it is related to money it will always happen. People these days are not new to that kind of doings, especially on the politics thay we usually know. Bribery is one of the most known things they do and with digital currencies, they can do it anonymously.
Activity: 51
January 29, 2018, 09:55:32 PM
Any currency can lead to corruption.  The media is going to show it as a corruption currency when in fact USD is widely used in corruption all around the world because it holds it's value relatively well compared to other fiat. I wouldn't avoid BTC for that reason if that is your original thinking.
Activity: 238
January 29, 2018, 09:53:22 PM
yes it can. as long as someone loves money and would accept fiat I think a small % of them could also accept bitcoin
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
January 29, 2018, 09:39:57 PM
no that you said it, I think it can, especially since it's a lot harder to track then the conventional money
Activity: 31
January 29, 2018, 07:28:32 PM

Obviously anything that can influence people can lead to corruption or crime.

But that doesn't mean it should be made illegal.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
January 29, 2018, 03:53:31 PM
Indeed the anonymity that bitcoin applied in its technology could be exploited by irresponsible people like a corrupt person. However, we can see the benefits of the bitcoin applied blockchain technology that is a transparency so that if the government can work with bitcoin developers then the technology can prevent corruption in a country. So, bitcoin can be one solution to corruption in many countries
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
January 11, 2018, 02:51:54 PM
Naturally I am assuming that corruption has already took place, Bitcoin is something of value, a format and structure
of wealth in today's trend. With money and wealth, corruption is genuinely enticed and lured to this new untapped
potential. Unfortunately exploiting bitcoin's famed attributes like it's anonymity and decentralization has led some
criticisms and caught the awareness of some authorities and has been a subject of transgression due to it's ancillary
involvement in criminal and illegal transactions.
Activity: 1236
Merit: 252
January 11, 2018, 12:00:00 PM
Actually it is happening right now but not many people know about this. By just simply selling drugs to those druglord with the use of bitcoin is actually a corruption especially when that person is working on the government.
Not at all bitcoin is not involved in any kind of wrong or bad things but if someone is using bitcoin for bad things so they are doing wrong because when you study bitcoin so you will come to know about bitcoin that why it’s here bitcoin is here to help us in a short word I must say bitcoin is going to help humanity so we need to support bitcoin for needy people around the word and no need to issues bitcoin.
Activity: 11
January 10, 2018, 04:43:32 PM
i think there always gonna be corruption.bitcoin is just a digital =)
Activity: 157
January 10, 2018, 04:42:00 PM
I think everything can lead to corruption. Bitcoin is currency, in short money and wherever there is money there is corruption.
Activity: 24
January 10, 2018, 04:34:21 PM

The classic functions of the state are poured out of the hands of officials around the world, like sand. Blockchain accelerates this process. Until recently, the state persistently retained a monopoly on social projects, violence and the printing of money. Print money and social functions are now under the impact of technology based on blockchain. On my mind it can`t

Activity: 364
Merit: 11
January 10, 2018, 04:24:19 PM
Corruption can also happen to bitcoin since the value it has is very expensive. It can occur anytime that's why we should analyze first the people we are sharing bitcoin with. If we are going to be careless on sharing our ideas, corruption will surely reign since the number of greedy people here is increasing. It is very important that we use bitcoin with discipline so that it will keep on reigning as the strongest cryptocurrency existing.
There is lot of type of people in life and everybody has its own way to use any product. And the world is too huge and lots of greedy people are stay here so we not blame Bitcoin the reason of corruption. Some people use Bitcoin to transfer funds through Bitcoin because we all know there are no extra taxes applies on Bitcoin. So that they use it for their black money but I think this the fault of government too if they legalize it in our country nobody can think to misuse of Bitcoin.   
Pages:
Jump to: