Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin be ban? - page 19. (Read 2618 times)

copper member
Activity: 644
Merit: 0
POINTPAY
December 13, 2017, 11:33:14 PM
no, it cannot be a ban every country have to accept bitcoin there is no other solution bitcoin solves the worlds biggest financial problem.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
December 13, 2017, 11:31:59 PM
Actually no. Because no one regulates it and therefore no one can stop it from operating. And technicallly, it does not violate any law of different countries. But some countries are prohibiting the activities of Bitcoin, but not totally ban. This is because there are several illegal activities that are happening involving the transactions of the use of Bitcoin. They tend to seize bitcoin instead of catching the criminals who are involved in those activities. Bitcoin is not the reason. Whether Bitcoin exists or not, those illegal activities will still operate unless they were totally caught.

Bitcoin has been ban in many countries now and so as other alt coin, these governments are banning bitcoins use,trade and transaction, its not just about illegal activities that they are worried about its about how their people can hide their wealth over bitcoin making them hard to pursue over taxes.
Heo
Activity: 5
December 13, 2017, 11:23:51 PM
Totally ban bitcoin ? No. But they can ban you for mining bitcoin. Yes.
December 13, 2017, 11:22:03 PM
Actually no. Because no one regulates it and therefore no one can stop it from operating. And technicallly, it does not violate any law of different countries. But some countries are prohibiting the activities of Bitcoin, but not totally ban. This is because there are several illegal activities that are happening involving the transactions of the use of Bitcoin. They tend to seize bitcoin instead of catching the criminals who are involved in those activities. Bitcoin is not the reason. Whether Bitcoin exists or not, those illegal activities will still operate unless they were totally caught.
Activity: 308
Merit: 128
December 13, 2017, 11:17:36 PM
I think a country's government has the power to bitcoin banning, but nobody can ban bitcoin for the whole world. So the answer can be yes, or not. Your question is too short, so I'm a bit confused to answer it. In essence, the government can ban bitcoin, but the world does not.

i think this topic is lack of specific details on what he/she wants to emphasize. anyway i agree with your thoughts.  government have a power to banned bitcoin in their country just like what china did. but if we talk about banning for the whole world, that could not be happen, because bitcoin is a virtual crypto currency. even in a well experienced I.T. expert would having a hard time to stop bitcoin. specially now lots of moderator for ICO's putting a strong security so that hacker can not easily enter to their system.
Activity: 2
December 13, 2017, 01:42:46 PM
No. Bitcoin can't be banned because internet users will continue to have access.
Activity: 1071
Merit: 253
December 13, 2017, 01:37:59 PM
Technically, governments can ban the Bitcoin-related activities such as exchanging it against fiat currencies but practically it is impossible to do that in my opinion. In worst case scenario, the governments will try to monitor the transaction history of users by accessing a database of the domestic exchanges to determine the tax liability but I do see a rare chance of levying the complete restriction as I mentioned earlier.
The government has full power and they can do whatever they want. the government now considers Bitcoin a threat because the very fast price movement of bitcoins could disrupt the stability of the economy in their country. So the public should be able to play an active role to be able to socialize Bitcoin and never use Bitcoin to conduct illegal deeds because it can make integrity and trust in Bitcoin is increasing.
As many have feared, it seems that one of the main reasons the government has banned Bitcoin because of its nature can be a currency tool for trading illegal activities.
This is a fact and indeed, bitcoin has become the main payment tool in use in darkweb for the purchase of illicit goods such as drugs, hijacking tools, etc.
While on the other hand, the government can not monitor much less get access from every bitcoin account, because the purpose of created bitcoin is as freedom in owning independent bank without the intervention of the bank.
There is no chance to ban bitcoin because when china ban bitcoin so its people were trying to get back bitcoin and still in some part of china they are using bitcoin because its role is very important in countries a good quality of bitcoin is that it’s for every one because rich countries and poor countries they are using bitcoin and every country they are expecting bitcoin because bitcoin is the changing currency and its very help full for everyone.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
December 13, 2017, 10:14:36 AM
Can Bitcoin be ban?
In country? Ofcourse government has a power to banned bitcoin if they really want to it will process by the law and that law will be followed because no one is above the law, but if the vote is not in favour then they can't banned bitcoin that fast. As they can see bitcoin can help to grow our economy which if they implement it into other payment to pay bills then bitcoin demand will be increase too. IF they learn more about bitcoin they will see its own potential which it is best currency from the internet.
Activity: 120
Merit: 14
December 13, 2017, 10:12:22 AM
Yes. The government can ban or make the bitcoin transactions illegal in their country just like in Venezuela. But they can not track your bitcoin transaction so it will not be totally ban but your transactions will be underground and illegal.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 13, 2017, 09:31:34 AM
Bitcoin could not be totally ban from using bitcoins,
Other Governments could just prevent it or consider it as illegal. There are some countries have forbidden using cryptocurrencies and they have impose some sanction for anyone who violate. But they could not totally ban it.
Activity: 378
December 13, 2017, 09:21:04 AM
Definitely yes, even bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency among the rest and even bitcoin is very popular right now it can also be ban, and bitcoin can be banned if the peopleor the users will use bitcoin for illegal purposes, and bitcoin can be ban because it is not yet very strong unlike the banks.
Activity: 788
December 13, 2017, 09:10:51 AM
Yes, bitcoin has been banned by indonesian government
Why? its because no tax income from very large bitcoin transaction i think Cheesy
And bitcoin can uses for money laundering, and many illegal transaction because of anonimity
Activity: 262
Merit: 2
December 13, 2017, 09:03:32 AM
your account with bitcoin will be wrong if your post is incorrect and your bitcoin does not include your account with the bitcoin forum so if you do not know, then you will not be able to post it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 105
December 13, 2017, 07:30:47 AM
In my opinion, yes bitcoin can be ban, every currency or everything can be ban. Some country has there owned jurisdiction and rules that’s why bitcoin has been ban in some countries. Bitcoin aims to become the worldwide payment system and first decentralized digital currency works without a central bank. If one currency doesn’t go any central bank, it means that the government doesn’t have any control over it.
Activity: 126
December 13, 2017, 07:29:08 AM
Yes and no. Yes if your government/country ban the use of bitcoin then you cannot use bitcoin unless you want to risk to go to prison. No, if you are saying a worldwide ban then it will not happen unless someone turn off the internet.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
December 13, 2017, 07:14:46 AM
No, bitcoin can be tried to ban, but technically it's impossible to organize.
It is not possible to control, and therefore punish for using it.
Hence the ban is absolutely meaningless.

I can't agree with that view, governments can really use extreme measures to punish for using bitcoin. It used to be like that in Soviet Union, with any foreign currency (USD, deutchland marks, etc.). If  they found it in your place (always hidden, you wouldn't keep it without hiding it, but it rarely helped when you were denunciated by your friend or family member - sure it happened too) you were very severly punished with one way trip to Syberia for 10 or 25 years included.
Activity: 90
December 13, 2017, 07:09:46 AM

it might be virtually impossible to ban bitcoin across the globe.
even in banned countries bitcoin to bitcoin transactions might still be possible.
in the worst case scenario it would be impossible to convert it to fiat currency, should bitcoin be banned.
Merit: 11
December 13, 2017, 06:40:41 AM
It can be banned from a country by making a regulation. Many governments has banned it, since trasaction are untraceable and crimanls use it (:-)). In some country you can go to jail if you use it.  But it cannot be banned everywhere.It's technically impossible to organize and it will cause harm to many people.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
December 13, 2017, 06:07:13 AM
Can Bitcoin be ban?
The bitcoin is decentralize and no one can control it. Only in the way of blockchain the bitcoin survive so i think bitcoin will die only if bitcoin banned in all the country if they stop about the mining and investing and advertising bitcoin in online and around the world . and atill the government controls one country so if the government banned it and illegalize it bitcoin have no hope if the government do it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
December 13, 2017, 06:02:22 AM
Can Bitcoin be ban?

I think it could be banned by governments may be 6 months ago. At present it is impossible due to BTC capitalization  - it is too big to do this
Pages:
Jump to: