Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I 'delete' useless tokens from my wallet? - page 14. (Read 4922 times)

copper member
Activity: 280
Merit: 5
I have lots of annoying tokens here I would look for how to throw them away because if the space they are occupying. Thank you guys for the insight, some tokens in my wallet worth not even upto a dollar I do not know their use case and some never listed at all.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
You never know what happen in the future with the coin, for example HEX, it is useless token, but it is belongs among the most used ERC-20 token and its price has grown a lot in recent days, reason? Just hype.  Cheesy
Activity: 616
Merit: 16
SAME Thing here. i have plenty tokens that are worthless and has no value and i wish i can send them out. after discovering that i will spend gas on the transcation, i decided to leave it behind. Also i was lucky that so me of these tokens later got to an exchange. i sold some out and made little money. another thing to consider is whether those tokens are actually worthless. some might have value.
Activity: 129
Merit: 10
We all have more / less those shitcoins in wallet . Don't bother, though you can only send dead tokens to other wallet but it will needs some gas fee which is burden for you and wasting of time . You can keep them forever in your wallet.
Activity: 322
homt.net
Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy
it can be happen in our wallet. it is normal thing. For me, I will just let the "dead" tokens stay in my wallet. I will keep it as my memory for my old projects so I can learn from it. To make a new wallet is a good idea too. But, the problem will always occur in our wallet if too much tokens.
Activity: 1050
Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi
It's hard for any normal user to delete erc20 token. If the creator of the token leave a function like self destruction then only it's possible. But still it's hard cause it's need a lots of knowledge and I think it's costly too. I think better you s nd those to a dead address that would be better. Though you have to pay fees. Why are you gonna wast your time and money for any shitcoin. Leave you where it is. Thatbis the best step in my opinion.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
I see no reason to get rid of "dead" tokens in my wallet. Let them remind me of a certain work done earlier. Moreover, there are many types of tokens that wake up a long time after we assigned them to the category of “dead”.
It seems to me that it will be easier to create a new wallet than to mess with removing unnecessary tokens. This problem can occur if there are a lot of tokens in the wallet and you want to clean up the mess. Then they can be sent somewhere, or made invisible.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 250
Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy
You should not have to throw away the trash token, and leave it there, throwing it away in the trash will make you have a Fee to send it,
or maybe the token will be worth someday  Grin
Activity: 378
Merit: 15
Can't you ignore the useless tokens? It's not like you are going to use your wallet for showcase or something like that, there is no point trying to send the useless tokens away, if it's a must then send to unknown eth address
Activity: 1204
Merit: 253
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
you can't delete it directly, you have to send it to someone else, but I don't think it needs to be done, because you have to issue gas or a fee for payment.
it is better to leave it alone or you can create a new wallet so that you do not have to send it to another address for no reason.
Activity: 868
Merit: 333
Sending it to other wallet is not the best option, you need to spend a gas fee just to remove it and it is something that you shouldn't do. You don't need to spend on something that you didn't get a profit. Just leave it on your wallet or maybe create a new one just to avoid seeing those useless tokens inside your wallet.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
You can send to random address, but this is need eth to fee. Better you create new eth address. This is more simple and no need to waste your eth.  Grin
But if you are lunatic would you do that? Sending tokens to unknown wallet just to dispose these tokens are totally negative move. I often think why some irritated with their wallets seeing useless tokens, they can just always create new one or if not just dont mind those tokens.

I know some using gas to dispose their shitcoin but what could they achieved with that? Haha very obsessive compulsive people.

Well.. it can be very irritating. But why spend valuable gas on these worthless tokens? It is a self-defeating purpose. And if you do this, then these tokens will be causing a loss for you. The best thing to do would be to ignore these tokens. How many times do you login to your wallet? Once in a week? Or once in a month? I would understand your frustration, in case you need to login every hour.
Activity: 1188
Merit: 251
You cannot delete it directly, you must send it to any wallet, but it is not very good, in my opinion, because you have to release gas for something unnecessary, just leave it there, just ignore it.
Activity: 322
Better leave them be, or move out the tokens you need to another wallet and abandoned the old wallet with the useless tokens, I have many in my wallets and it doesn't bother me, wonders how it bothers you
copper member
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1
I also have many tokens from obscure projects that are unlikely to begin to be sold on exchanges
but they don’t bother me like I just don’t pay attention to them
Activity: 1428
Merit: 344
Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy

Sure, you can send them to whatever address you want, but why? You'll use gas for no good reason... I have about 10 dead tokens, i really don't care. I just ignore them.

Very wise reply, why send the dead tokens out when you will still waste gas fee. What i normally do is hide them if the wallet permits or just ignore as mentioned. What harm does it do to your wallet? So what's the essence worrying about dead tokens in your wallet. Also a token i tagged dead in my wallet surprised me, the project rebranded and i swapped the tokens and made close to 100$ from it.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
Creating a new address will definitely save you a lot of time and money. Actually you can move those tokens to another address, but you will spend a lot of money on gas charges and you should not waste that way
Activity: 576
Merit: 43
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Better create a new wallet. If you have a lot of dubious coins, then you probably took part in a lot of dubious projects, who knows whether you made a mistake somewhere or not.
In addition, your wallet may be in the registry of spammers who send advertising spam coins. My advice is to create a new one.

when making a new wallet again I don't think it would be a good solution, because surely sending tokens to a new wallet will require shipping costs and certainly it will make you confused because you have lots of wallets and will make you confused when you want to use it.
Activity: 668
Merit: 100
DogData
If you use wallets such as Imtoken or trust wallets,you can easily go to the token settings to disable them,it will still be in your wallet but will not be visible or your can send them to a token burn address. I have a lot useless tokens too in my wallet
Its only "hide" useless token not "delete" useless tokens from wallet.
it will better create new wallet,if you feel disturbed by useless token on your wallet  Grin.
Activity: 574
Merit: 14
If you use wallets such as Imtoken or trust wallets,you can easily go to the token settings to disable them,it will still be in your wallet but will not be visible or your can send them to a token burn address. I have a lot useless tokens too in my wallet
Pages:
Jump to: