Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I 'delete' useless tokens from my wallet? - page 17. (Read 4922 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260
For me I did not delete it Im just let them in my wallet for a time to comeback again but if not Ill change another wallet if I have to. Sometime in our wallet are full of shitcoins coming from airdrop we participated and no value even do we hold it for so long. So if we want to get more altcoins and not being useless we need to carefully to choose so that we cannot let them throw away because of no prices or not listed in exchange.

would you mind tell if how long you usually wait for your coins to have a value  because here ive been waiting forever but still my coins only grow a tiny percent and im now starting to get pissed off or loose hope  . why would you also change another wallet  ? you can just leave them there tho and its not bothering at all . or if you have extra eth , you can just send them somewhere  then voila you wallet is clean again   . there is now way to perfectly pick a project that wont turn into waste so you have to accept that some coins you will be getting can have a zero value too
I did not expect how long that I hold some of my altcoins receive from airdrop cause I know that would not totally increase the price but some of them I put in Blockfolio so I can easily seen if they grow or not. And actually Ill change wallet because of these too many airdrop altcoins I receive since the time of crypto drop the price so much. But I did not leave it anyway I just put in another files for a time if one of them raise the price in no time.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 251
I have useless token in my wallet I just leave it there. Everytime I check the wallet its always displays and no value at all. Much better if we could send it to your other wallet but it cost you fee of sending it.
Activity: 31
Merit: 1
I think it is best to create a new address and use it. That will save you too much time, and you don't need to waste gas to move them to other wallets

With the amount of dead projects in my wallet, it actually makes more sense to move the live ones to a separate wallet!

However, in light of what others have said here, I might just leave it. It was just something I found a little annoying as it looked cluttered
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 5
Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy

I understand that feeling because I am also in the same shoe with you, but come to think of it, why wasting gas fees for a useless token? In my own case I just ignored them and pretended as if they are not existing. So I will advice you to do the same, they are useless and therefore not worth the gas fee of sending them out to another wallet. Lastly, there is no way of deleting any token from a wallet other than to send it to another wallet.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 250
COMBONetwork
You can not remove those useless tokens but you can try to sell those tokens in forkdelta if there is a bidder, or you can make a new wallet if you really annoyed those useless tokens.
if he really doesn't like the token from the airdrop he followed, I think let him do it, but remember,
we don't know in the future what the token will be like!
Activity: 2436
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
No mate. That's not possible rather what you will have to do is create another wallet address, send tokens you wish not to see in your main wallet to the new address by so doing, you get to see only tokens you want in your main wallet. There's no option to delete or remove tokens on the blockchain aside transferring it to another wallet address.
Its disheartening that we cant delete some tokens from our ERC20 wallet especially but I think it should be enabled in the future. Even those token sent to the new wallets might one day be swapped for another token , which is high probability if one deals with high number of token. So it is unavoidable problem, It needs solution, I wish it can also be burnt. I have several of them, some as airdrop that I didnt request, which are less than a dollar, useless and insignificant.
Activity: 38
Merit: 3
Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy
Yes, you can send them randomly address. For this process, you need to pay gas fee. I suggest you leave it there.
Activity: 1177
Merit: 102
Why you need it man? You know when you want back token their address then you need gas fees so this is your loss. For how much coins do you take upset mind? you know i have 70+ death coin in still my wallet Grin but really i don't care about it. I have received many deaths coin from bounty so just avoid it and forget.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 500
feel same , shit coin make our portofolio look bad xD , transfering ur worthy coin to new address is better solution for me , so we still have acess to that "shit" coin maybe miracle will happens and will get any value
if you don't like it, make a new Myetherwallet, and send coins that you don't like there. Well, I do that to get rid of coins that I don't use. for some coins that still have transactions in forkdelta, I still keep it in the hope that the price will rise.
Activity: 686
Merit: 30
feel same , shit coin make our portofolio look bad xD , transfering ur worthy coin to new address is better solution for me , so we still have acess to that "shit" coin maybe miracle will happens and will get any value
Activity: 1274
Merit: 337
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
The best way to make your ETH address look clean from the trash tokens is by sending all your ETH to a new address. This better than waste gas for every trash token tho does have a problem if you also have a token that worth keeping.
That is the last way for someone to do it, but there is one more way to get rid of junk tokens without having to replace the wallet that we already have, the way is to burn junk tokens in our wallet, you can learn how at the site below.

https://medium.com/@hodl50/how-to-burn-tokens-with-mew-bbf279a09798
Activity: 983
Merit: 100
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
Maybe you can transfer that dead tokens to your friend. But, it will cost a gas and i think its not worth at all. Maybe you can ignore it and just think that tokens are your "collection". Its fun you know i have a lot collection in my wallet  Grin
Activity: 2142
Merit: 594
You can send it to the burning address
0x00000000000000000000000000000000dead
But I think it's better to just make a new wallet, because if you send a token it will require a fee, especially if there are many types of tokens.
Creating a new wallet is a shortcut to save fees
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy

You can't remove token from wallet, I think you just need transfer your tokens that still have value to new wallet, and leave the dead project token or worthless token from your wallet
The better thing to do if you don't want to stored any shit tokens that has no value. is only transferring it to other address, you can create one or send to unknown address in that case you will not see it every time you checked your address balances.

Sometimes those worthless tokens send to your address will make it own value. I remember someone sended my address a tokens after a year not checking and using my wallet ,I checked it and there are free coins are tradeable which have almost  20$ so I sold its free money after all so why affraid having it.

I have some shitcoins on my wallet some of them have already sold and some don't have any value at all. I just keep the because it would cost transferring them to a different wallet. If you don't want seeing them just hide them on your wallet if younare using MEW.
Activity: 173
Merit: 10
The best way to make your ETH address look clean from the trash tokens is by sending all your ETH to a new address. This better than waste gas for every trash token tho does have a problem if you also have a token that worth keeping.
Activity: 896
Merit: 198
Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy

You can't remove token from wallet, I think you just need transfer your tokens that still have value to new wallet, and leave the dead project token or worthless token from your wallet
The better thing to do if you don't want to stored any shit tokens that has no value. is only transferring it to other address, you can create one or send to unknown address in that case you will not see it every time you checked your address balances.

Sometimes those worthless tokens send to your address will make it own value. I remember someone sended my address a tokens after a year not checking and using my wallet ,I checked it and there are free coins are tradeable which have almost  20$ so I sold its free money after all so why affraid having it.
Activity: 384
Merit: 1
>•❤️•<

Activity: 672
Merit: 29
Technically speaking, no, we cannot delete 'dead' coins in our wallet like it is a social media account that we no longer use unless it is ERC20 tokens, maybe? Kidding aside, as what have been said on thr earlier posts of other users you can send your coins into unknown addresses but their would be a gas money which would be some kind of a hassle. I suggest keeping them as a remembrance. You are not the only one being in such situation. I also have many dead coins, and I doubt others don't especially those who are here for years already. Most of the dead coins I have, are from bounty projects way back 2017 before the huge decline occurred. I have no choice but to keep them with quite of a hope that those coins will have a value someday, if there would be a miracle which would lift the market in general. Selling those coins would be a waste of time at this moment. You would rathet get a 'loss' than earning profit from doing so.
If you are still hoping that your dead coin will have value someday, just remove that mindset from thought cos it's never gonna happen. The best thing to do is to hide them from your wallet "not to see them again''. Those shitcoin is very annoying
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
Dont just throw them away Mate because there is a chance that one day those useless token will have value again.
there are some chances that dead project will be active again once the Market reached the High demand and the adoption happens for real.
in this case developed and teams will come back and make their old dead project alive again.and besides it is just a decoration in your wallet lol.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
Yes, you can remove those dead tokens out in your wallet, or you can just hide it in your wallet, in my case I'm using imtoken wallet 2.0 with hiding option so I can hide those dead, spam and shitcoins tokens out of my sight because if you send it to random addresses you will spend for the gas fees so it is not practical base in my opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: