Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet? - page 7. (Read 3230 times)

copper member
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
Hi, I saw some investors who had used MEW lost their all coins.
I think choosing wallet is quite important issue in cryptocurrency for safety.
Ruby-X use adjustable ratio of cold wallet by users from 70% to 100%.
Check the medium article about Ruby-X cold wallet. thanks
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
Yes, you can lose your money by using untrusted wallet.

Yes, I believe so, you can loose your money when put in the wrong wallet, because hackers are always on the eye on where they can easily hack and get info on people with careless attitude in the internet.
Activity: 938
Merit: 14
Earn more with Earn Network
Every coin has its own Blockchain and compatible wallet. ERC20 wallets supports all Ethereum based coins but do not support coins built on the STEEM, EOS, etc Blockchain. Sending coins to the incompatible wallet will lead to the lost of the coin.
Activity: 179
Merit: 6
Infleum
I'm sure there are some scam wallets out there that want you to deposit and then steal your coins. And I've used a fake site imitating a real one and I got a lot of coins stolen since they got my private key.
Activity: 155
Merit: 0
Yeah, I think so. I believe that if you should store your coins or tokens in a wallet that is unsafe, it might get hacked and your coins and investments could be lost. This is why you have to go for a secure wallet, and make sure that on your part too, you keep your wallets as safe as possible, by not sharing its details with anyone.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
I had such an unpleasant case when I sent fusion to the exchange, where there was no such wallet, I accidentally made a mistake. But the exchange was top, so the support team returned the coins to me, but for a fee.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
mew wallet now are safe, but very careful in handling your private keys. also avoid entering phishing sites. but if you want to have another wallet aside from what is commonly used, then be very careful, be at your own risk.

It does depend on how you use Myetherwallet. If you copy paste your private key on the website that is quite dangerous. But if you use it to create a paper wallet for example, then it's ok.
Activity: 762
Merit: 500
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130

Of course you can lose, because putting funds in a backdoored wallet cause you a hard damage by loosing all funds.
Activity: 742
There are now quite a few online wallets for smartphone users, and I think users need to be careful not to use applications that are scammed by developers.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
Even the best online wallets can easily be hacked if you play careless with your private keys how much more cjoosing a wrong wallet. You will easily loose your funds through hacking. It is best to choose reputable and legit wallets to keep your funds safe and secured.
Activity: 672
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
I think you can lose money by choosing a wrong wallet. I am using myetherwallet and I didn't have any problems with it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
I don't trust the new wallets, I will not say that they are bad, just once again fear, when the wallet is gaining popularity and they fixed all the initial bugs I will use this wallet, if he is really good and safe.
Activity: 532
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

The rule for any coin is that if anybody else gets access to your private key(s) can steal your money.
The private key is the "thing" that makes the blockchain recognize the rightful owner of the money and will allow the user to spend.
Like almost everything in IT, the private key can be copied and both you and the "hacker" will have the key. The first one that spend the money "wins".

Now, a wallet normally has access to the private keys to allow you to spend. If the ones that have built the wallet had bad intentions, the private keys will be sent over the internet to them.
That's why I recommend only wallets with source code people can review, wallets already proven to be legit.

Edit: TL;DR; Yes, you can. Easily.

I agree with you and I will continue to share this reply to everyone in this forum.

And the essence of all that is to be careful about your personal key being known by others.
Activity: 161
Merit: 12
Yes, you can lose your money by using untrusted wallet.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
mew wallet now are safe, but very careful in handling your private keys. also avoid entering phishing sites. but if you want to have another wallet aside from what is commonly used, then be very careful, be at your own risk.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
Yes we have a chance to lose your coins because of the wrong wallet or scam wallet i suggest to you and to others choose a legit wallet or a good wallet to your coins.

the possibility of loss is quite large, the problem is that the current market situation is difficult to control. so we also need to be careful in choosing a wallet not to make mistakes
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.

This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130

Definitely. Specially if they don't have somehow assurance or at least proof that they're untouchable or ultra-secure. Try to find a wallet site that mainly focuses on being online wallets or try to find paper or offline wallets. Best be safe than have your tokens wiped without you knowing.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
Yes we have a chance to lose your coins because of the wrong wallet or scam wallet i suggest to you and to others choose a legit wallet or a good wallet to your coins.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Should they gain access to the exclusive important in that case your coin may be misplaced. in addition I recently verify the web link and also I could start to see the key variation among their particular finances, as well as the thus referred to as 'traditional wallet', could be the purchase payment that has been suggested is surprisingly low inside their very own circumstance as well as other finances are usually decorated being large. I am going to want to discover how to lower their particular purchase payment and also carry out they've got the best purchase payment away from almost all accessible finances. they're essential and lastly, I do believe you need to be cautious inside contemplating fresh finances without people evaluate.
Activity: 742
Merit: 11
The chances is very high  you will get phished and you won't recover your alts or btc anymore. I am still using MEW and Metamask, I've been  using MEW for 3 years and seems no problem but bookmark the page and download metamask.
Pages:
Jump to: