Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet? - page 6. (Read 3214 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 0
Choosing a secure wallet is advised to store all your assets because digital assets or cryptocurrency are very much vulnerable to attacks if they are not stored in a secure wallet.
The best option for storage is standalone wallets or semi-Autonomous. Do not skimp on the safety of personal savings.
Activity: 310
Merit: 10
Yes for sure, you need to check all the available wallets and if you want to stay safe for 100 percent, than buy yourself a cold wallet. Ledger or something else, and do not be afraid to lose your coins. And NEVER provide your private key to anyone.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
Yes, If you choose the wrong wallet, you will lose your coins but you can also lose your coins incorrect wallet if someone steals your private key so always save your key at the safest place.

so we should always to make sure and double check wallet that used.and also to avoid big mistake we could test by using small amount in our send transaction.after its confirmed we could use big amount.
copper member
Activity: 83
Yes, If you choose the wrong wallet, you will lose your coins but you can also lose your coins incorrect wallet if someone steals your private key so always save your key at the safest place.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1340
Yes, of course, you need to use already proven services, and avoid everything new and untested. Even the most reliable protected exchanges are subjected to attacks and hacks that already talk about wallets. Nobody can provide full protection and no one can give a 100% guarantee of protection either, but the bank does not provide complete protection against robbery.
Activity: 1210
Of course you could specially if the wallet is not safe and secure.
Be sure to always use a trusted wallet for me it is much more safer to use Myetherwallet for all of my ERC20 tokens .
Yes, Wallets are vulnerable to hacking, so there is a possibility of losing coins. therefore it's better to use a wallet that is proven safe. Myetherwallet is a wallet that I used from now and now and I have never had a serious problem using it.
Activity: 406
Merit: 76
Crypto Lovers
I prefer hardware wallet only or paper wallet , instead of using any online wallet keep you money in binance wallet
or better keep your money in official coin wallet

Activity: 1194
Merit: 126
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Yes of course you can lose your coin if you make a wrong decision in choosing a wallet. Of course everyone who will advertise their product will only show its good side. It will not tell you that they will steal your coin. Thats funny. In order to discover more about the wallet , try to find a topic in bitcointalk.org that talks about the wallet then read the comments to the threads. For sure there will be comments regarding issues and good news about the wallet.
Activity: 107
Choosing a secure wallet is advised to store all your assets because digital assets or cryptocurrency are very much vulnerable to attacks if they are not stored in a secure wallet.
Activity: 1302
No at all. I am aware of choosing wallet because wallet address and private key is very important and security... But my friend lost his private key and all of altcoins lost..
Activity: 156
You have to be very careful with these subjects. I think the existing wallets are very safe.
If you are looking for a new wallet, be very careful against fraud.

Yes I agree with you. Be careful in creating account make sure that it is really secure to avoid it from hackers. Make it safe. You can't assure the safety of you wallet.
copper member
Activity: 434
In my opinion, you use ether wallet, because it is almost impossible to hack. Do not go on outer appearances. Do not forget that your personal earnings is in your wallet. How much you care about it, only you can only protect it.
copper member
Activity: 308
coins should be stored only on official (original) wallets. Otherwise, there may be consequences - the loss of their own .
Activity: 658
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
You can lose all the coins you own if you choose a wallet from a fake supplier. Nowadays, many scam artists create fake sites like the main ones. This way they can steal your coins if you accidentally get a fake website.
Activity: 588
It is possible that this can be a serious mistake, because it can really damage your deposit, it’s true, and if you make a mistake and donate money to the wrong place, then this cannot be changed.
Activity: 714
Merit: 287
A good wallet for your coins is only part of the work, you just have to secure your actions, enter the wallet only from your bookmarks, do not transfer your private key to anyone, and do not use the clipboard.
Activity: 42
Yes, of course you can lose your coins by choosing a wrong wallet. And if you want to prevent from losing of coins then you must learn how to choose the right one in this kind of business.
Activity: 141
There a lot of thefts now and I think that the wallet doesn't determine your sacurity at all. You will always have risk about losses so be ready for this.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130
That possibilities present, and even more if that wallet platform is some phishing app/web that are created to stole the private key that being entered into the app/web. When its done, then its compromised that your fund in that wallet will he at a huge risk.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130

If you provided a wrong wallet address definitely you will lose the coin because it will be send to another wallet another that didn't belong to you. If you're talking about the new wallet platform, what you can do is to test it, try to transfer little amount of your fund and you yourself can know if it is good. I think the way how your money will going to steal is through malicious software running on the internet. Especially, keyloggers that is automatically installed when you open a malicious program. All you need to do is to be cautious.
Pages:
Jump to: