Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet? - page 20. (Read 3232 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 101
Of course! If you decide to use a purse that belongs to intruders who want to steal your savings, you will lose them. Therefore, you need to listen to the community. And to make a choice in favor of projects that are already very long in the market.
Activity: 1175
Merit: 275
I will say yes because if you keep your coins in a wrong wallet , you can lose them but if you keep it is the appropriate wallet for it and you keep your private key very well and you didn't disclose your personal information to a third party, Your coin will be safe and secure.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
Here is the article on the wallets, how they differ from one another: https://icoguide.com/en/blog/5-types-of-cryptocurrency-wallets-and-where-to-begin-with-each
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130

I use different types of wallets to securely store and use cryptocurrency. First of all I use the Metamask wallet. Rarely I use Coinomi wallet and some other less well-known services. That's all I need.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Of course you can lose coins if you send them to the wrong wallet. In this case, they will not be able to return and they will be lost forever. There are a lot of sad cases when people send money to the wrong address
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
The choice of wallet is very important. I will advise you to use a wallet which you control the private key. If you don’t, there is always risks of losing your coins. Think of it of putting your money in another person wallet.
Activity: 434
Merit: 11
I never heard of that wallet before and I would not risk my funds to a wallet that was just recently created. New created wallets will still pass on trials and errors stage so I don't wanted to be a victim of that errors when something bad happen to that said wallet. Most crypto traders will still advise you to buy your own hard wallet since it is more safer and your funds are super secured with your own hands.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 10
as works with the decision on clients to returns with option to use of one as selection of service on moderation, the different aspects as running on intents as the use on extracts to work on excess as request of confinement.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
Yes you can easily lose your coins by using a wrong wallet. there are a lot of phishing wallets out there,  be careful to use a wallet and gather details or do some research before you choose the one.
Activity: 486
Merit: 250
I heard some news before that there is a wallet that was hacked I mean not just a wallet but like a network and the private keys of everybody who is using the said wallet were extracted. Not quite sure about the validity of that news but I think that serves a lesson for us that in case you are going to change wallets then do not put everything in the new wallet just to be safe.
Activity: 143
There is not any wrong wallet, you just could use unreliable wallet with such important charateristic like security which could be lower than it has to be.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
It is so easy and as well cheap, to lose your coins by choosing a wrong wallet. Two things are probable.
1. That the contract might not match the one you have selected
2. That your private keys get exposed and through that, your funds stolen.
In making selection for wallets, you've got to really be careful since your assets are involved.
Activity: 182
You use different wallets to accept coins, and of course you will lose them. Because their addresses are different, each currency represents a different item. But if it is erc20, it will not, because they are all Ethernet networks, they can be used universally.
Activity: 34
Maybe you can, the crypto market and everything tht happens within it is quite unpredictable one wrong move and you will end up losing all your hard work, just be careful in the choices you make and have i in mind that once they are gone you cant  get them back
Activity: 296
Yes, it could happen if you have chosen wrong wallet. Be careful about it, use only checked ones and stable platforms for making manipulations with money in the future.
Activity: 350
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
Yes you can. You should always make sure that whatever wallets that you are storing your coins in are secured. This way you can be sure that your coins are safe. If you choose the wrong wallet then your wallet might end up getting hacked and the hacker will steal your coins. The kind of wallet you use is just as important as the coins that you have.
Activity: 182
It is very likely that if you use a less secured wallet to hold your tokens you are very prone to lose all your tokens. Hackers are lurking and waiting for any form of mistake to strike.
Activity: 161
Merit: 2
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
It could take place, of course. You should use only safe wallets, have good ways for security in doing manipulations with coins or money. You could even do not talk a lot.
Activity: 168
I'm not sure if anyone can steal your coin if they have access to your private key. It is so pertinent to key keep your private key in a safer place like your are save guarding your life
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
And if you want to take the risk and download a wallet from an unknown source I would recommend doing it from a VM or a machine where you don't story any access information to your coins and any exchange accounts.
Pages:
Jump to: