Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet? - page 21. (Read 3232 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 10
The main part of our wallet is Private Key, if you secure it safely then nobody can take your coins. Just choose that wallet which are trusted, open source and secured by private key. Otherwise, there are many phising wallet without private key. Also, when save your Private key- always remove their last or first 3 digit and note them at your mind or on paper note. So that if someone get your key, it is useless for that!
Activity: 966
Merit: 513
I didn't choose the wallet in the rank or something. As I came to invest ad earn money here I started using the blockchain and coinbase wallet. I did not find the any issues with them. I have all my fund still safe.
If you want to keep your money safe go with recommended wallet like bitcoincore, mycelium, blockchain, electrum and coinbase. You can your own favourite wallet.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
It is possible if you choose the wrong wallet, you may lose your coins.
Activity: 294
I think that yes, it is possible if you don't know which wallet to choose, it is better to give preference to the hard wallet and use it for the long-term hold if you are sure that it is reliable, as for me it is a good choice
Activity: 406
The newer the service, the more chances of breaches and security breaches can have, making the lives of hackers much easier. So be very careful before using a new wallet service.
Activity: 190
Yes, it is possible, of course. Wallets are very important in crypto so use only checked wallets and use so hard passwords. And it will be better if you will use additional soft.
Activity: 68
IN net everything has solutions based on this is the main benefits of forum that you can get your idea based on this you can email them also if its legit you can get it soon I hope based on this you should aware from phishing wallet too because it may cause of loss also.
Activity: 547
Merit: 250
0x3f17f1962B36e491b30A40b2405849e597Ba5FB5
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130

Without the review of the community, or beta testing at least. Do not try to gamble your funds in uncertainty.
There are several trusted wallet out there ready to serve anybody without the presence of being compromise when properly use.

If you have a decent amount of crypto-asset, better have some hardwallet to keep your hard-earned money safe. Better safe than sorry.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
You should be careful by choosing your wallets because there are wallets that can be easily to hacked or fraud. That's wh you need to careful about your private keys. It helps you to protect you. You are the one who is responsible by your private keys. Trust no one and your wallet will be safe from hackers.
Activity: 266
a good wallet is very important in cryptocurrency cause you are storing your all assets on it so yes you can have to face a big loss if you can't choose the right wallet , another important thing is your private keybof that you must know how to operate this thing it is the thing which protect your coin from the hackers
Activity: 252
The only reason that the coins are in danger is when the private key wallet number is exposed to someone else. This number is the very reason which makes the wallet secure. If someone with the intention of extracting the coins get the number, only then the coins in the wallet will be at risk. So, we should keep the number in a safe place.
Activity: 210
Yes, you can lose all your coin. You need to be very careful while storing your coins in your wallet. You should use hardware wallet as they are most safe and cannot be hacked.
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
Of course yes. You will lose your coin if you send like your waves coin to another wallet that dies not support waves.
You loose the coin automatically.
There's no recovery measures yet in place , sadly.
Activity: 294
There is no right or wrong wallet. It all depends how well protected it is. The security is at stake when someone gets hold of the private key number. So, we need to be careful that not to let anyone get a hold on that number, and for the owner of the wallet, it is advised to memorize the number.
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
If you attempt to send your coin to a wrong wallet i.e for instant, sending ether to litecoin wallet; you will lose your coin forever if you that. Before sending any cryptocurrency, you must be sure that recepient wallet is the same with sending wallet!
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130
The title looks slightly misleading here because you were asking about the recomendation about some wallet do you can ask that directly.
Anywy new wallets are highly risky to store our coins so you need to checks the feedback about the wallet before importing your coins into it.But it will be better to choose their official wallet for that coin or just use hardware wallets for better security.
Activity: 264
Its possible to loose your coins by choosing wrong wallet, its better to hold them on the coin's official wallet or (which is not good thing) on the exchange
Activity: 77
Yes you can lose your coin if you chose wrong wallet. That’s why you need to chose a great wallet which is easy to use and also safe. As far as i know hardware wallets are the best wallet.
Activity: 554
Merit: 11

They might charge you insane transaction fees like freewallet.

We appreciate if you could refer to specific cases and transactions when unreasonably high fees were charged by Freewallet.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
Not every wallet software is safe, not all developers build software for the community, use unsecured wallet software or hackers, that may lose bitcoin and altcoin!
Should use the software has been evaluated and open source!
Pages:
Jump to: