Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet? - page 22. (Read 3232 times)

Activity: 185
Merit: 5
There's a possibility that you could lose your money. It really depends on the wallet. There are some wallets that are made to scam people's money. You need to use trusted and secure wallet. I wouldn't compromise my crypto using a new launched wallet into cryptospace. Do some research about it and the people behind working that wallet to secure your funds.
Activity: 555
Merit: 12
You may surely loose your coin if you are storing in a centralized wallet. You are absolutely free if it’s a kind of wallet that provide you the privates key.
Activity: 952
Merit: 107
See, wallet is not you can take for granted. Your wallet is very crucial to you. Wrong wallet? If you choose wrong wallet, there is tendency that you lose your coin when it is being shared.  Take a good care of your wallet and most especially, your wallet private key
You are the one who handles your wallet and you should choose the right wallet because if not you can lose your earnings from it. Save on your own the private key for no one can access and for you not to forget your account. Many are having problem because of forgot private key which cannot recoverable.
Activity: 92
Merit: 0
This is for sure. If you choose the wrong wallet, your cryptocurrency may be stolen, or the specified coin will be sent to the specified wallet. After the wrong operation, your coin is very likely to be lost....
Activity: 476
Yes. You can loose your entire coins while choosing wrong wallets. So, be careful to use an wallet and gather details knowledge before you choose the one.
Activity: 117
Yes if someone got access to your private key, the existing wallet doesn't have issues but if you register in a wrong site, phishing site well for sure you'll lose all your coins
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange
if you provide your private or they provide you with private then it is easy to lose your coin, once any one get's access to your private and it is a game over for you and there is nothing you can do about it again. Just stay safe.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet
Yes you can easily lose your coins by using a wrong wallet. I'll trust only those that are established for years and has built their reputation.

or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?
They can as long as it's on their platform, your private keys are saved to them and they are the ones that are giving it.

It's on their database, I'll stay away with new services and wouldn't trust any of them.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
Life is all about risk taking and Yes you can lose coins by choosing the wrong wallet and its something which always happen to cryptocurrency investors. That is why it's better you take your time and consult experts after you had read more about the coins.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
Keep your money only in hardware wallets or paperwallets otherwise you can be hacked and loss your money. A worth wallets - Ledger Nano S , KeepKey , Trezor
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
You can lose everything picking a wrong wallet, especially the online wallet. For me try to get hard wallet if those tokens of yours are supported by it, but the issue with Hard wallet is that most of these new blockchains are not on it, even some wallet do contain viruses that would still information from your system
Activity: 378
Merit: 13
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130

I think this question is bizarre, because as a trader, you need to read through every information of every exchange site before venturing into.
For Huobi,hitbtc, and some other exchange sites once you send a token to the wrong wallet, that is the end of such token, if you send below minimum value required that is the end of such token.
So you need to figure out your priority and be smart.
Don't ask questions to increase your post count

you know that once you send a token to a wrong exchange account, the token is gone.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
It may happen and you will lose your coin if you send it wrong on a wallet that does not support your coin, for example you send a coin on a wallet that only support erc20, then automatically, your coin will never get to the destination wallet and is lost forever
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
it is possible. most important thing is the computer you use. it should be totally clean, not infected by anything like virus or any trojan. you shouldnt connect to public wifi lines with that computer too.
Activity: 798
Merit: 14
I would like to know if the wallet is widely being used by people or is just a total new wallet? If it is a new wallet, kindly check the cons and pros before you decide to use it. You can lose your funds by choosing the wrong wallet just think of it like sending wrong transaction to a wrong wallet address that ends your possession of such tokens. Be safe out there.
Activity: 350
Merit: 15
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130

I'm surprised by your question. Do not you have enough wallets that have already shown themselves on the good side. You do not work with myetherwallet? You need risk, experiments, are not you happy with what you have? Or do you want to save 0.01% of your small translations? Why my questions, You have the desire to experiment - well done!
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
There are few rules to follow when it comes to wallets. Try not to download a wallet by searching on Google. As many wallets are malwares and are going to steal your coins. Only download wallets from the official website. And also try to avoid wallets which are new or still in the beta phase.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
make a lot of research before changing your wallet mate...
Activity: 1022
Merit: 20
RiveMont
I would suggest you to stick with the original and authentic wallets, most of new or unknown wallets that pop up seem to have trouble operating with different coins/ tokens also they can close their service anytime due to no or low profit so stick to the right wallets only.
Activity: 569
Merit: 250

in generally, you surely can lose the money by choosing the wrong wallet. Especially those who have access to your private key. Make sure to use open source wallets that are already tested by community
I also agree with your suggestion because choosing a wrong wallet cam make you loose your token and it might even be a way to disclose your private key to hackers, be very sure that the wallet is a good one before you decide to keep your funds in it and keep your private key.
Pages:
Jump to: