Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet? - page 4. (Read 3230 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 111
You can lose all your coins only if you choose some unofficial wallet, which few people know about. Or if you follow the wrong link. Be careful and use proven wallets
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.

Unless that wallet is open source, surely that wallet is safe. Honestly, most of project being introduced seems to be promising but you will never know if you won't verify it. I suggest you to review this wallet: HODLER wallet. Its a fully  open source multi wallet. This one of a kind wallet is the most secured one and you have the full control over your coin. Don't trust, verify!
There is a lot of wallet out there just like the link above, take a lot of reading. Be sure to choose a secure one and not a wallet that you don't have the full control over your fund.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
There is high tendency of losing all your coins while using a wrong wallet! There are so many wallets out there that are available for keeping your altcoins so it's just for you to choose the best one out of all.
The wallet is very important when choosing to have coins. Find if the wallet is made officially or if it is a third-party wallet because that makes a huge difference.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field.
For me pls be careful in chosing for wallet for coins. Try to ask for a friends idea before using any wallets. There the same name in the website of wallets but that is phising site so beware of it.
copper member
Activity: 164
Merit: 0
There is high tendency of losing all your coins while using a wrong wallet! There are so many wallets out there that are available for keeping your altcoins so it's just for you to choose the best one out of all.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130

The best is to use very well known wallet, mistakes are always behind the corner. Good luck!
Activity: 462
Merit: 1
Yes definitely because some wallet are scam or phising but you can trust so many wallet this day just double check it before using it. One of the dangerous wallet now is the Mew because someone copying this site and create it for phising so that it's better to check if you using the real mew wallet in you browser.
Activity: 261
Merit: 2
You will be very careful about choosing the wallet. If you choose wrong wallet.You can lose your coins because now the hackers can steal the coins from the wallet and empty your wallet.So, It is not good for us.
copper member
Activity: 617
Merit: 3
The wonders of the blockchain technology

This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130
Yes,  so far your private keys are in your possession, you are safe but if not then you are on your own. Don't mistake it,  your private key is different from password or 2fa
Activity: 268
Merit: 10

Since people are able to steal 65 million worth tokens from the exchange, nobody could be sure about reliability, but there are several good solutions, which would handle with security issues.
Activity: 336
Yes of course. If the owner of the wallet will not return your coins due to incorrectness of the address, then say goodbye to your coins. It is a must to be keen in everything you do.
copper member
Activity: 462
Merit: 1
You might lose all the coins you've got while using a wrong wallet!. I think previously existing wallets are still safer and more better than the new ones.
So one needs to be extremely careful while choosing a wallet.
Activity: 333
I don't know if this wallet is safe, because I haven't used it yet. If I understand computer programming, I can refer to their code, but unfortunately I don't know how to program. Or you can find someone who uses this wallet to give you some feedback, but I am curious why you don't use those already famous wallets? This is a relatively safe choice.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
Absolutely, you can lose everything that you have today, this is a standard situation, especially if today you don’t understand how the structure works correctly, because you are just starting your way into this world.
Activity: 350
"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

The answer is absolutely yes, be careful with the new wallets out there, trying to make you believe, some of them are created in order to steal money from the users, i think MEW is my only choice, been using this for many times, and i never encounter problems. Looking for new wallet might not be a good idea at some point.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
You have to be very careful with these subjects. I think the existing wallets are very safe.
If you are looking for a new wallet, be very careful against fraud.

There might be new and good looking wallets out there, but you should take in account that there are many wallets that are commonly used for scamming people. Yes you can lose your coins by choosing the wrong wallets. Be cautious
Activity: 320

Most of wallets that appeared several years ago could be caller reliable enough, but I am not so sure about new ones. However, you can always depend on reviews.
Activity: 518
Merit: 3
I would advise you only use the wallet you are so sure of the security. You should go for a new wallet if you know someone that has been using it and who can be trusted.
Then if there is nothing wrong with your present wallet, why wanting to change to another.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 432
I think the wallet that is now is safe, usually theft of coins in our wallet is our own fault that does not keep privatekey and passwords.
not only how to save the Private key and so on for access. but the method of accuracy also influences when logging in the wallet because most cases are phishing. therefore you must be careful when accessing your wallet
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
I believe that most online wallets for crypto coins unreliable. Since no accurate storage hackers can access your private keys . There are also phishing sites, hitting on that you can lose access to your coins . Therefore, the safest are the cold wallets or hardware wallets, your private key is never displayed.
Pages:
Jump to: