Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 15. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0
April 23, 2018, 08:00:34 AM
As long as your MEW private key is on you, and still no one knows it you'll be fine. But be careful on keeping your key. Wink
Activity: 714
Merit: 102
April 23, 2018, 07:55:53 AM
I think it can, according to some experience in this forum there are some wallet has been exposed to phishing. even though they have backed up Private Key but their account can still be phishing
Activity: 229
April 23, 2018, 07:49:53 AM
Always keep your Private key safe to protect your key don't let everyone know your private key if you save your private key in computer you need setup antivirus..because the hacker is not sleeping hackers always attack...
Activity: 168
April 23, 2018, 04:01:52 AM
According to this, Other wallet can also be hacked just like any other account. If someone hacked and got your money, it will be gone forever because Etherwallet has no backup and unlike the banking system. And Since this is a platform, it might be hacked, but only for a few opportunities.
Activity: 84
April 23, 2018, 03:52:30 AM
As the song says nothing is impossible... It does apply on our wallets too, sometimes even just for one mistakes and its a little mistakes it will lead to our wallet drainage so, when making transaction don't rush on giving your account you may give your private key.
Activity: 133
April 23, 2018, 03:49:58 AM
One needs to be careful at all times. Anything  can happen without your consent. Be vigilant always. Access your account thru your address not the key.
Sometimes the real mistakes was due to excitement to transact,  you input the key instead of the address. Always check. Etherwallet can get hacked if you private key is compromised and if a second party sees it, he or she can has access to your account and can hack your account
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
April 23, 2018, 03:46:40 AM
There is nothing completely protected in this world. The main problem with online-wallets is fakes. Through which scammers can get your logins and passwords.            
Activity: 98
Merit: 3
Create Your Decentralized Life
April 22, 2018, 04:35:47 AM
I think the website can get hacked yeah, but they still would not have access to your wallets. But, always be very careful.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
April 22, 2018, 04:33:10 AM
Don't worry , they don't store data on the server . All data is distributed in the blockchain system . For order to able to crack your might need data from this purse .
Activity: 280
April 22, 2018, 04:31:13 AM
The only way people can hack your MEW is through is private key. If hackers got your private key than you better forget about your useful balance funds wether you use trezor or ledger nano S. People loose their private keys because of their own mistake for example there were several YouTubere who showned their private keys of original account with demo account bye mistakenly. Also some people got hacked with phissing links. So it's better to use keystone file while login or metamask wallet while login in to MEW account.

I do not understand how it was possible to show private keys on the air, not YouTube. People sometimes behave very unreasonably.
Activity: 224
Merit: 21
April 21, 2018, 03:21:55 PM
The only way people can hack your MEW is through is private key. If hackers got your private key than you better forget about your useful balance funds wether you use trezor or ledger nano S. People loose their private keys because of their own mistake for example there were several YouTubere who showned their private keys of original account with demo account bye mistakenly. Also some people got hacked with phissing links. So it's better to use keystone file while login or metamask wallet while login in to MEW account.
Activity: 202
April 21, 2018, 03:18:52 PM

Wow this is a great post I have been pondering about this for a while, you just hit the hammer on the nail like you said, don't always  open myetherwallet with private key

myetherwallet platform can be cracked by anyone, my recommendation for you is do not open myetherwallet with private key. it's better to use utc, because a lot of hacking happen because someone open myetherwallet only with private key.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
April 21, 2018, 03:08:20 PM
I am of the opinion that any resource today can be hacked, but I think that today many people know that hackers are always ahead of all new technologies and they stake on the most important vulnerability is a person. Always and everywhere the most important vulnerability was a person and there will always be and no technology can be perfect, as long as we are part of this system, we are not perfect.
Activity: 98
April 21, 2018, 03:05:35 PM
It could happen. Me and my friends have experienced it, some coins that I have suddenly lost or sent to another address. In fact, my friend and I keep a good private key that I have.
Activity: 294
Merit: 6
April 21, 2018, 02:54:13 PM
As long as you keep your private key safe and don't enter it into any malicious website that steals your private keys then you are safe. It is really the best kind of wallet as it lets you hold your private key yourself so if anything happens to your coins and someone gets in it then you will know that your private keys have been compromised.
Activity: 177
April 21, 2018, 02:48:05 PM
If your private key is kept on safe place then nobody will not be able to access your accout. If you do'nt loss your private key then no need to worry. Just be patience.
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
April 21, 2018, 12:58:55 PM
myetherwallet is safe ,but keep you private key safe ,i recommend you not use private key it's not safe there is no password ,the best is UTC file ,you can set a strong password .
Yes, myetherwallet is safe, but how we use and protect it is important. Protecting your computer from intruders is a necessity, if the computer is compromised, you will probably lose everything. One more thing, as you said, should not use private key to access wallet, it's very dangerous. Using encrypted utc files is better but it is still not recommended by mew. Use a combination of meta mask with MEW or use Ledger Wallet is safer
Activity: 173
April 21, 2018, 12:13:42 PM
If you put your private key in a safer place. I think it cannot be hack or stole by someone. This is also good that you write it. You must put your paper too in a safer place.  Grin
Activity: 210
April 21, 2018, 12:12:24 PM
I think your altcoins are safe. I also use myetherwallet and am happy with it
Activity: 320
April 21, 2018, 12:08:36 PM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Yes, your myetherwallet can be hacked if you paste your private key in the site, meaning (in a phishing site) because hackers now a days is so professional. They will steal all your coins, and i experienced this, all my airdrops tokens gets by the hacker, and i don't get it back. That is so awful for me, so you must double check the site, or to be more safe try to use metamask, trezor, or a ledger it will secured more your wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: