Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 35. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 252
January 18, 2018, 06:54:14 PM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
My ether wallet does not have that information, so even they are hacked the hacker does not get access to your private keys but what they could do is to modify the site so anyone that logs in is tracked and they get the private key that way, but that is an unlikely scenario.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
January 18, 2018, 06:28:01 PM
your tokens are stored in the blockchain so they can only be moved if someone has access to your private key.
Activity: 102
Merit: 2
OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance
January 18, 2018, 06:03:54 PM
Anything on the net can be hacked, but probably hackers will look for a simplest target than myetherwallet. May be, your computer...
So, before to worry about MEW, take care of your machine :-)
Activity: 350
January 18, 2018, 03:34:08 PM
It's better to keep it on a cold purse))) My advice is that so many tokens pass through ethereum !!!!! Hackers never sleep (((Alas, these are fakes and there are people in my environment who have taken coins ((
Activity: 431
Merit: 102
January 18, 2018, 03:26:14 PM
If you keep your private keys secret and if you look out on some things at MEW (SSL CERT etc.) it can not be hacked.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
January 18, 2018, 03:03:26 PM
Do not ever use your private key on mew, always use utc file to login because its password protected and if anyone got access to utc file, he cannot crack its password for years.

MEW is as safe as Ledger, just keep your private keys in cold storage.
Yes, It is good advise. What do you mean about the cold storages? What kind of it do you use for example?
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Go Big or Go Home
January 18, 2018, 11:46:27 AM
Do not ever use your private key on mew, always use utc file to login because its password protected and if anyone got access to utc file, he cannot crack its password for years.

MEW is as safe as Ledger, just keep your private keys in cold storage.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
January 18, 2018, 11:44:37 AM
it can beta lot of mistake we can do with mew

I feel utmost care just has to be taken.
Activity: 336
January 18, 2018, 11:37:15 AM
it can beta lot of mistake we can do with mew
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
January 18, 2018, 11:35:38 AM
Yes, I think  can hack,  only it seems much easier to steal a key, because many store it on their computer for convenience
If stored in computer and someone else browses on the same IP with you, it can be hacked.
Activity: 226
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
January 18, 2018, 11:29:03 AM
Yes, I think  can hack,  only it seems much easier to steal a key, because many store it on their computer for convenience
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 18, 2018, 11:24:18 AM
The parity kill was in a contract not an individual account, no your account can not be killed. Your funds should be safe they are not stored on MEW they are stored on the blockchain and the only copy of the keys to access it are on your USB. The points of failure here are your computer before it broke, so if someone was watching your screen and already has your keys however this scenario is really unlikely. The second point of failure is the ethereum blockchain itself which of course is possible to be hacked but is some of the strongest protection available on the planet. Your funds are safer now than fiats in a bank.
Activity: 242
CRYPTASSIST.io
January 18, 2018, 11:11:57 AM
The very first thing you need to think about, this is the safety of keys, it's their loss that causes the breaking of your wallet
Activity: 201
January 18, 2018, 11:10:53 AM
i think your fund will safe and secured.there  a lot of ways to check your  fund. etherscan.io is site from where you can check your asset on wallet.for future,you can store private key in google drive with a strong privacy setting.this will help you to access your wallet from any computer.
Activity: 252
Merit: 22
Marketplace for sensor data
January 18, 2018, 11:10:31 AM
Currently, e-wallets are always faced with the problem of hacker intrusion and misappropriation of property in the wallet, and Myetherwallet is no exception, a week ago this e-wallet website was hacker intrusion, luck There is no case of losing the cryptos in the wallet. You should store cryptos in cold wallets instead of online storage as it is now.
Activity: 200
January 18, 2018, 11:09:18 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
i believe if you did not expose your privacy to anyboday then you won't have be hacked or loosing money. myetherwallet itself is very secure but no one can guarantee it wont be hacked in the future, so you should use a offline wallet rather than online wallet.
Activity: 308
Merit: 18
January 18, 2018, 11:03:06 AM
If you have your private key, there is a less chance to hacker your myetherwallet. It is more secured wallets that the other because there is many ways to open your wallet and if your your UI link there is always a less chance to hacked your wallet. Don't be too worried because myetherwallet for me, is more secured that the other wallet and many investors uses it for them to save their coins in here. Just save your private key in the safe zone to will not hacked your account.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
January 18, 2018, 11:00:33 AM
If you keep your private key safe and secret then no it cannot get hacked.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS
January 18, 2018, 10:58:07 AM
Myetherwallet is a non standard Web Wallet. It doesn't allow you to create an account & to store your Ether on their servers, Myetherwallet simply allow you create a wallet, which is yours to store and keep safe, and to broadcast your transactions on the blockchain through their full node. Myetherwallet can't be hack unless until your pvt key got compromised. Your funds are safe as long as your pvt key is safe and in your access and you are the only one who have access to your wallet. If you also avoid phishing links then I believe your funds will be safe. I also use myetherwallet and it's best.
Activity: 432
January 18, 2018, 10:45:57 AM
I always use Myetherwallet to keep all my money and tokens from ICO projects. I think MEW at this time is the safest wallet and always chosen by investors as the safest wallet. I will always use Myetherwallet
Pages:
Jump to: