Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 16. (Read 4097 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 107
Keep Working
July 18, 2018, 06:43:25 AM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Yes, a free airdrop can be a scam, there are different ways nowadays scammers are using, just calculate the time spend on a scam project lets say  10000 people signup for an airdrop and  signup takes 1 minute, so 10000 minutes got scammed now, normally these scams airdrops list on shitty exchange instantly after the airdrops and scammers sell their coins as fast they can.
Activity: 468
Merit: 100
The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn
July 18, 2018, 06:35:54 AM
For sure it can be a scam! For you it looks weird, but get back to reality. I participated in OTHO airdrop, they launched forum like bitcointalk,released crypto payment card and held 2 airdrops out of 52. I believed in this project and bought on forkdelta some coins to receve more airdrop. As a result they announced Kucoin exchange , volume increased and then they sold their tokens, left telegram group, deleted forum, Kucoin listing was a fake news!
Activity: 295
Merit: 0
July 18, 2018, 06:31:29 AM
It is scam because they offer you free coins or tokens for signing up and sometimes tweets (airdrop tasks) but finally you dont receive anything, because it was only for collecting data. So this is lie from the start, they can also steal your tokens If you have them a lot... Who knows
Activity: 546
Merit: 13
July 18, 2018, 06:24:49 AM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
I'm thinking that this is just hilarious and Delirious because Scam is a thing to steal your money, and if you just do not get anything but you and the same time do not invest anything it is just worthless wastage of your time not a scam
There are a lot of free coins like airdrops, and not all of them are scams, so dont worry to participate in this activities, but never give to 3rd party your money of private keys from your wallets!
Activity: 224
https://eloncity.io
July 18, 2018, 06:22:10 AM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,
I'm thinking that this is just hilarious and Delirious because Scam is a thing to steal your money, and if you just do not get anything but you and the same time do not invest anything it is just worthless wastage of your time not a scam
copper member
Activity: 196
July 17, 2018, 01:08:41 PM
something like this is a farce when they simply do not send the coin to you see if a payment date if they arrive on the date they did not pay you was cheated and just did even enjoyed the project he wanted
Activity: 426
Merit: 102
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
July 17, 2018, 12:04:57 PM
2day many projects are scam.i think this is because many people want to get easy money.many ordinary people do not understand where to invest money properly, so often fall for scam.
Activity: 866
Merit: 10
July 17, 2018, 12:04:50 PM
not all free coins are a scam but to avoid it we all stop following the airdrop, I mean airdrop that does not have bounty because for me it's just a waste of time
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
July 17, 2018, 12:02:07 PM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,
If you are promised to get something and then you do not get it you were scammed, you must remember that you are using your time to get coins and if you use your time to get some coins and at the end you do not get them that is a scam, second you are underestimating scammers they are very smart, if they have your email they could hack you and you could lose your money that way.
Activity: 224
Merit: 6
July 17, 2018, 12:00:13 PM
hello mate, if you just referring to a scam is just same as you join some airdrops filled up the forms with your information correctly and doesn't receive any coin for that project it would called it an scam especially if all participants join for that airdrop doesn't receive coins with there project.
Activity: 336
July 17, 2018, 11:52:43 AM
As they say, until you take part you will not understand the scum or not. However, if the project is really unsuccessful, you will lose a lot of time.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
July 17, 2018, 11:50:15 AM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,

even the real ico can be scam
and the meaning of this scam means it's like a dust,
useless just shit token.
did u understand what i talking about
copper member
Activity: 346
July 17, 2018, 11:40:46 AM
Many things can be a scam including something free can also be a scam as well as a free airdrop.
Various scam forms that can happen here, personal data scams, token scams or even help promote a particular ICO that does not produce anything that wastes our time .
Activity: 142
July 17, 2018, 11:31:08 AM
Everything that inflict a financial loss to ourself was called scam I think. Whatever if you are losing your wealth or money by taken within other people, you waste your time to join people project that you will promised to be rewarded in the future but until the payment time you still don't get the payment. It was all harmful.
Activity: 238
July 17, 2018, 11:16:38 AM
ICO which holds airdrop can certainly be a scam. For example, they need it for advertising, so that more users join their telegram group. All this is aimed at deceiving potential investors.
Activity: 700
Merit: 252
July 17, 2018, 11:12:46 AM
Usually those free are scams. But don't expect also that investing of those ICO are all real. Actually, some of them are also scam even it is not free and you need to invest large amount of money. Free airdrops also are real and i get some rewards from it. So i did not believe that all free are fake.

not everything for free is fraud. depending on the truth, some give free but it is a lie and some are honest, so in searching for anything we can get for free then we must first check before proceeding to next thing.
Activity: 462
July 17, 2018, 11:10:04 AM
Well, imho, scam is not necessarily take away your money. If you give something (your time, your personal data, anything, your signature) because you are promised to be rewarded, but in the end the person/entity is breaking their promise, it might be called scam/fraud.

And BTW when you give your data freely they might sell it to some people, and many people willing to pay for personal data.
Exactly, time is very precious so if you waste your time filling forms and at the end nothing beneficial comes out of it, then I can boldly say you have been scammed. What about the anticipation the induced you into and the failed promises? I don’t think scamming is limited to someone taking something from you and refusing to fulfill his part of the deal.
I agree with both of you. I would like to add that you might not lose only your time and personal data, but also a reputation by promoting a scam project, so for you it would be harder to participate in good projects.
Activity: 98
July 17, 2018, 11:09:30 AM
Yes, It can be a scam. Usually the coins that are airdropped are also sold at ICOs. And they usually ask you to downlaod an app, register in their website, join a telegram group, follow them on facebook, follow on twitter, etc. They want to have many subscribers and followers to show that they have a lot of fans.
They want you to help them to attract investors.

Well isn't that the point of airdrops and all other giveaways, to get more people interested. Why would anyone give anything for free? You gotta earn it somehow.
Activity: 115
July 17, 2018, 11:07:17 AM
Many airdrops are scams that use airdrops to swindle investors out of their information and then steal investors' encryption step by step.
Activity: 1176
Vave.com
July 17, 2018, 11:02:14 AM
as attaining within field of moderation, users or clients to work on following request of completion as the use with request and reference to returns with one on nominals on valuation as the shifts on differences to expect with the chance on relative as disputing option as the submission of funds on exchange with the table of regulation as offers from the token developer.
Pages:
Jump to: