Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 14. (Read 4097 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 10
August 01, 2018, 04:30:20 AM
There used to be a lot of interesting airdrops, you could earn, now the situation is worse. But airdrop itself is not fraud, you just need to carefully choose the right project.
Activity: 99
Merit: 0
August 01, 2018, 02:57:51 AM
yes exactly, coins coming from airdrop could be a scam. when tokens are entered in exchange but could have no value, it is a scam. do not forget to make sure and do some research before you choose airdrop.
Activity: 169
Merit: 1
July 31, 2018, 06:41:27 PM
Well, imho, scam is not necessarily take away your money. If you give something (your time, your personal data, anything, your signature) because you are promised to be rewarded, but in the end the person/entity is breaking their promise, it might be called scam/fraud.

And BTW when you give your data freely they might sell it to some people, and many people willing to pay for personal data.

You nailed it. I always say that investments are not just in monetary terms. Whatever doesn't give reward promised is a scam.
Activity: 336
July 31, 2018, 06:10:50 PM
Fraud means not only that you will have stolen money. But if you think about it, then if airdrop is a fraud, then the project itself is also a fraud, and people have invested their money in it, then it's a fraud!
Activity: 309
July 31, 2018, 05:55:59 PM
Yea it possible. A lot of airdropped coin that was given free ended up scamming people who later invested in the project.
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
July 31, 2018, 05:48:08 PM
I do not think so. There is a lot of airdrop to be distributed and valuable. However, nothing is free, you must fulfill the requirements that they give to receive rewards, although those requirements are quite easy. However, it works very well for the project, there will be more and more people know it and the project will be more successful.
Activity: 141
July 31, 2018, 05:43:10 PM
Free stuff can certainly be a hoax, whether it's an airdrop or a fake ICO plan. It's all easy to do. If you want to avoid this, you must carefully check the authenticity of the project.

I agree with you, all forms of free programs of course have a risk of a scam, and now many ways are done by the fraudsters to make a profit. The thing to do is always be careful in making decisions and do check first.
Activity: 378
Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol
July 31, 2018, 05:33:21 PM
Absolutely yes, you might give out your details with clear conscience and what becomes the outcome. You will loose some monies instead. Although it is free you are scammed out of it
Activity: 84
July 31, 2018, 05:31:12 PM
Numerous free things can be a trick on the off chance that you are guaranteed to accomplish something and it laters bring you no reward. For the way that you squandered your opportunity, information, vitality in doing the free stuff and no prizes come after, at that point you should realize that it's only a trick. They may have utilized you to accomplish their motivation which is joining their Telegram. They required individuals to join their Telegram amass which they should need to use for another reason, the main way they can get it is to declare a phony airdrop, at that point you begin joining and when it achieves the number they require they reveal to you the shape is shut and couple of months after the fact they redirect the gathering to something else. Reveal to me how that isn't a trick.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
July 31, 2018, 05:26:19 PM
A lot of airdrops, where in social networks only posts about the drop itself. Such a good project that just appeared, and immediately the coins poured. Suspicious all of this.
Activity: 112
July 31, 2018, 05:21:54 PM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
Well, it is tru that you don't even spent a dime on getting into those projects like airdrops, for example, but if it were an scam it would defintely have a porpuse behind it, I mean, who would take the time to just fool people for the sake of it, be careful with the amount of information you give and also the websites you register in, your personal information could be compromised.
Activity: 283
July 31, 2018, 05:21:24 PM
Am sure if you are aware that a particular airdrop is a scam, you won't bother yourself in filling the form. The little time we spent in filling and joining their social media or telegram can be spent on something else rewarding.
Therefore, something free can be scam.
Activity: 700
Merit: 252
July 31, 2018, 05:14:53 PM
Free stuff can certainly be a hoax, whether it's an airdrop or a fake ICO plan. It's all easy to do. If you want to avoid this, you must carefully check the authenticity of the project.

things like that now pretty much. so indeed we need to be very careful with this situation, although ICO is free, yes we must remain cautious, because usually the free it is very cruel to cheat.
Activity: 420
July 31, 2018, 05:01:02 PM
Of course it may be a fraud , especially now when almost all ico Scam , I think to pass kyc definitively need to watch
Activity: 202
July 31, 2018, 04:52:48 PM
 I have said this time and again. that most things that comes free are scam that's why I don't waste my previous time, resources and energy on this scam airdrops labelled ' free '.
I would rather participate in bounty campaigns than airdrops.
copper member
Activity: 686
Merit: 2
July 31, 2018, 04:43:41 PM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

A scam is when you're promised something and you don't get it, in every case you give something valuable. It may be insignificant to you, but not to everyone. When you engage in an airdrop or bounty, you give out your personal information, your time and Internet access which is not free only for them not to keep to their promises. It could be demoralising and I guess that explains why people need to be careful and ask questions before engaging in any airdrop or bounty schemes.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
July 29, 2018, 06:27:31 AM
Activity: 41
July 28, 2018, 05:55:33 PM
Better believe it alot of them are tricks and you wind up giving ceaselessly individual data, for example, your character number yet despite everything I know alot of individuals who profit off airdrops.
Activity: 37
July 27, 2018, 06:02:57 PM
Everything can be a trick. Regardless of whether it not for nothing.. Simply watch the most ICOs that we in 2017... The most tasks just misled their kin and flee with all their cash.
Activity: 18
July 27, 2018, 08:57:57 AM
Of course. I have experienced this scam incidents in the airdrop. That's why you need to do your research.
Pages:
Jump to: