Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 17. (Read 4097 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
July 17, 2018, 10:56:07 AM
Usually those free are scams. But don't expect also that investing of those ICO are all real. Actually, some of them are also scam even it is not free and you need to invest large amount of money. Free airdrops also are real and i get some rewards from it. So i did not believe that all free are fake.
Activity: 132
Merit: 0
July 17, 2018, 10:49:31 AM
Although we always have a lot of projects and scams that exist in this field. but sometimes it is not absolute. There are many free airdrop / bounty launch projects under their own rules. and many have achieved great value. Therefore, the way we see and choose is very significant.
Activity: 448
Merit: 89
Full Stack Engineer
July 17, 2018, 10:43:06 AM
Well, imho, scam is not necessarily take away your money. If you give something (your time, your personal data, anything, your signature) because you are promised to be rewarded, but in the end the person/entity is breaking their promise, it might be called scam/fraud.

And BTW when you give your data freely they might sell it to some people, and many people willing to pay for personal data.
Addition to this;
Especially be careful when giving your personal identity, this is something private and should not be shared in public at all. You may earn some little bucks with that but later you can face a lot of difficulties in your life.
If you rethink, all free web sites or programs collect some info from you.
Activity: 58
July 17, 2018, 10:39:42 AM
Actually, most free things are scam. Because they believe many people will join. Yes free things can be scam,,; scam of your data, your time, your personal info, like email, telegram id, wallet address which they can scan to know the worthy of your wallet. So yes something free can be scam. Being careful is just your best shot. Not all free things should one join. Study it first
Activity: 854
July 17, 2018, 10:36:49 AM
Well, imho, scam is not necessarily take away your money. If you give something (your time, your personal data, anything, your signature) because you are promised to be rewarded, but in the end the person/entity is breaking their promise, it might be called scam/fraud.

And BTW when you give your data freely they might sell it to some people, and many people willing to pay for personal data.
Exactly, time is very precious so if you waste your time filling forms and at the end nothing beneficial comes out of it, then I can boldly say you have been scammed. What about the anticipation the induced you into and the failed promises? I don’t think scamming is limited to someone taking something from you and refusing to fulfill his part of the deal.
Activity: 82
July 17, 2018, 10:30:38 AM
AIRDROP and BOUNTY crusades shouldnt be requesting your private keys and anything that is personal,email delivers can be use to send you some phishing joins so it implies that you should give sham email tends to so these individuals wont send spam email connects to you on the grounds that on the off chance that you are uninformed you will get hacked and you will lose the greater part of your cash.
Activity: 238
Merit: 37
July 14, 2018, 06:07:04 PM
Its possible for free thing to be a scam in the sense that those giving free tokens to participant might have hidden agenda towards it. For instance, giving out your E-mail address may prompt them to send phishing site to your mail that might lead to you be scammed and your coins being stolen.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
July 14, 2018, 05:50:50 PM
In some airdrop are asked to enter not an ethereum wallet number, but a private key!
That's funny! But some people do introduce
Activity: 47
July 14, 2018, 05:48:07 PM
Indeed, It can be a trick. Typically the coins that are airdropped are likewise sold at ICOs. Also, they more often than not ask you to downlaod an application, enroll in their site, join a message gathering, tail them on facebook, take after on twitter, and so forth. They need to have numerous endorsers and devotees to demonstrate that they have a ton of fans.

They need you to assist them with attracting speculators
Activity: 126
July 14, 2018, 12:30:31 PM

That's right, providing the information you are not supposed to or being trick to steal your details is also a scam. However, if these hackers get your email address, they can start sending you, malicious links which if you are not careful and click them can lead you to be scammed. Be aware.
Activity: 54
July 14, 2018, 12:23:24 PM
should be more wise in choosing ICO let alone a free, sometimes the only one can still be scam let alone free.
Activity: 392
Merit: 13
July 14, 2018, 12:18:35 PM
In my experience, most things that have been free have always been some kind of scam. If you are not paying for it with money or effort of some kind then it is definitely a scam. No one wants to give you anything for free. That is why you see that majority of the airdrops that are out there now are scams because they promise to give coins for free.
Activity: 210
July 14, 2018, 06:30:06 AM
My good friend, airdrops and ICOs are not free, you worked for it you assisted them to get what they wanted and you gave your time and data for them to get it, if they did not give you any token as agreed it is a scam.
Activity: 359
Merit: 10
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
July 14, 2018, 06:13:54 AM
Your reminder is very useful. I hope that more novices can get the knowledge of risk prevention here. There are indeed many scams in the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
July 14, 2018, 05:49:28 AM
A very large percentage of airdrop are precisely scammers, and here it is difficult to distinguish from normal!
Activity: 224
https://eloncity.io
July 12, 2018, 04:44:34 AM
not all free are scam but i will say 85% of them are scam they will just waste your time and take your information, someone have to study well before you jump into airdrop because those information they collected can be sell

I agree with you about 85%. I am only studying working with AirDrop. So my point for that question is that popularity of the airdrops are very big, you want to start you must study how it works.
Activity: 229
July 12, 2018, 04:38:11 AM
I think any of it can be a scam. Free or paid. Each project certainly has its own planning. Perhaps a paid project becomes a scam because the target set has not been reached. Too promises that offer a high price but not achieved end up feeling embarrassed and then disappear and so scams.
Activity: 574
July 12, 2018, 04:11:23 AM
There are two options! 1. To deeply study the project before entering it. 2. To do everything, without paying attention to quality. Here everyone for himself has to make a choice. It seems to me, much more effectively to do everything if it airdrops. If bounty, then on the contrary!
July 12, 2018, 04:09:44 AM
possibly it could be a scam. because indeed we do not know what will happen in the future. I am reluctant to give my identity only to airdrop that is not yet clear. we recommend checking the twitter info about the airdrop before participating. such as web, whitepaper, official channel.
Merit: 15
July 12, 2018, 04:08:54 AM
haven't understanding yet that would something be able to free is a trick. It is my first time to join airdrop have no involvement, I take after likewise in message. I draw in joining due to free and not applying exertion.
Pages:
Jump to: