Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 12. (Read 4097 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 3
August 03, 2018, 05:34:40 AM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
well, in that case you can only scam yourself since it's your choice to out your energy and time and whatever into the project. when there's no reward you make your own motivation
Activity: 65
Merit: 1
August 03, 2018, 05:31:27 AM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

There is an abuse of the word "scam" in this forum and in the crypto world in general. I suspect many people even ignore its meaning. I would say that in its "soft" meaning it could be translated into "a loss of time" when referring to free airdrops and similar.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
August 03, 2018, 05:27:07 AM
Yes of course free can be generosity. But now most companies are reluctant to pay moshayniki. Yes, and managers work hand in hand.
Activity: 126
August 03, 2018, 05:22:24 AM
Yeah, If they take your details without payment, that is also regarded as a scam too. People can send viruses to your email to deceive you.
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
August 03, 2018, 05:19:22 AM
Well, imho, scam is not necessarily take away your money. If you give something (your time, your personal data, anything, your signature) because you are promised to be rewarded, but in the end the person/entity is breaking their promise, it might be called scam/fraud.

And BTW when you give your data freely they might sell it to some people, and many people willing to pay for personal data.
I think you you are right that being scamed is not limited only about money but also about other thing like time or whatever.
So always becareful although its just free but not all free will turn into a scam. Scam now is very often we find so i hope we will be in safe.
Activity: 224
August 03, 2018, 05:14:03 AM
Can something free be a scam? Yes they know everyone like something like free by doing it free that is what we attract people by falling in it when they know that you have in it they we just strike there action
Activity: 307
August 03, 2018, 05:12:20 AM
Hi everybody,
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

By doing some service for someone you expect payment for it. When you go to work, you also expect payment. If someone will not pay you for a job, how do you call it? Probably scammer. It works the same way in the crypto. You give your time and skills to someone and in return you expect that you will get paid for it.
Activity: 490
August 03, 2018, 05:05:02 AM
They just wasting our time and make a fake hope for potential profit for all who participate. It is also scam,because you make an effort, waste your time, subscribe in social network, share your data. Do you kniw, that your data worth money?
Activity: 65
August 03, 2018, 05:04:16 AM
Yes they can be scams but you're not losing anything are you ?. So what the heck?. It's just in the ICO part that you're required to pay that you 've to be more careful as most as scams nowadays.
Activity: 154
August 03, 2018, 04:58:48 AM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,

I think scam will always be a scam no matter how they do it. If they dont scam you then they will scam another person, in this case is investor. Yes they might pays you after the project. But those coins will never hit an exchange, which is just same as a scam.
Or in another words, we  are helping therse scammers to raised funds from investor..
Activity: 117
August 03, 2018, 04:58:33 AM
Not really because some of them are really giving free coins. But in general most of them are really scam, I won't bother wasting my time to do any more airdrops or anything free.
Activity: 370
Merit: 100
August 03, 2018, 04:53:58 AM
Yes there are scam but if their are kyc needed it might not be a scam but still we need to keep our defense up and dont let get them because using personal info is fatal so choose what is much better to not
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
August 03, 2018, 04:53:26 AM
scam and is not a difficult thing to know. free is not necessarily that scam as well as vice versa. the most important is choosing how best can airdrop is indeed proven to be paid. Maybe not scared, but be vigilant so that the results were not in vain it is crucial.
Activity: 75
August 03, 2018, 04:52:19 AM
for me, i am not a fan of airdrops that require KYC registration. but then, not all Airdrops, Bounties, ICO projects that are scam.
they just want to repay you for helping promote their project by rewarding you with free tokens and coins.
Activity: 154
August 03, 2018, 04:51:51 AM
of course there are very large precisely. because something isn't free they can scam. Especially for something that's free. Currently in crypto, it's hard enough getting something without doing anything. So we have to keep extra careful.
Activity: 89
August 03, 2018, 04:49:56 AM
not all things that are free thats a scam, some of this is just for you to help promote their project and at the end decide to repay you by giving free tokens or coin.
but be very careful of the kind of airdrops and bounties you apply for.
Activity: 546
August 03, 2018, 04:47:29 AM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,
I agree with you , it's free but there are some airdrop that are really scams , they do not send you the token as promised.  And they will sell your information to those who need it . If your account is not good  security ,  your account may be hacked or spammed .
Activity: 434
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
August 03, 2018, 04:45:01 AM
Although this is the case in most cases, this is not all. I think there are still some free coins ,they are valuable. You just have to be careful about your money. I believe that you will not be deceived.
Activity: 700
August 03, 2018, 04:39:20 AM
yes of course, all that is very possible. now a lot of airdrop appears but few of them are paying. as well as the bounty that now appears very much, they are all indicated scam.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 618
August 03, 2018, 04:39:00 AM
IMHO almost every air drop is a scam. I have collected so many of these shit coins that I'm tired looking at their super cheap prices. What is the fun of collecting so many of these when you can't even sell them for more than a dollar.
Mostly things that are free turn out to be scam, and things that are too ambitious are most often scams.
Pages:
Jump to: