Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 11. (Read 4097 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100
August 03, 2018, 10:53:51 AM
You right, At this time legit airdrops number very rear.it's hard to findout.I think It's just time waste.Only 1-10% airdrops will give you coins and 5% are trade on cryptomarket.So before participating any this type off free airdrops or bounty everyone should check their roadmap,project quality,future goal.
But I have a chance that it will end in fraud, because how long you participate in the gift is likely to not get rewarded in the campaign, I think it depends on how you choose good to be more secure.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
August 03, 2018, 10:49:23 AM
You right, At this time legit airdrops number very rear.it's hard to findout.I think It's just time waste.Only 1-10% airdrops will give you coins and 5% are trade on cryptomarket.So before participating any this type off free airdrops or bounty everyone should check their roadmap,project quality,future goal.
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
Catena X
August 03, 2018, 10:09:02 AM
I think that scam is not always about deceived of losing some money. But, we commonly input our ETH address and email address and they got the data. The data are probably used to prove to the investors to be that they are real and many followers in their community. So, probably they only make us as the manner to gain more community.
Activity: 294
August 03, 2018, 10:02:33 AM
Never share your private key, and never send any money/crypto to an airdrop, even if it's just to pay GAS.  Other than that, your biggest risk is the project failing and the tokens being worthless.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 254
August 03, 2018, 10:02:22 AM
just make sure its a good project and do your research. it literally takes 5 mins of your busy crypto life

Completely agree with you - very often some minutes of attentive searching saves your time and money, even your nerves. It is better to spend some time for searching and think twice, besause spontaneous descisions can lead to the bad results. Be attentive not only with the information about the AirDrop campaign of the project, but even with the name of sites, wallets and so on. Sometimes frauds are so cunning, unpredictable and creative.
Activity: 100
August 03, 2018, 10:01:59 AM
Well it's not possible because scammers is everywhere when they look about any new things which is profitable they start doing scams I think it is their habit to scam people's.
Activity: 434
August 03, 2018, 10:01:43 AM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Some of these airdrops ask for your private key, and people fall for it. Those are the scams. Or the ones that tell you to send some ETH first or something like that
But currently there are many in open source. Let everyone think about this, because this technology, developed in open access today, is the most popular. But we also have to be careful.
Activity: 336
August 03, 2018, 09:58:29 AM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Some of these airdrops ask for your private key, and people fall for it. Those are the scams. Or the ones that tell you to send some ETH first or something like that
Activity: 644
Merit: 103
August 03, 2018, 09:56:40 AM
ICO is never free, only airdrop is free, and yes majority if airdrop is scam, but sometime you can found a gem in airdrop like hydrogen, mct and etc
Activity: 68
August 03, 2018, 09:54:42 AM
Most of them are scam specially if the ICO are exagerated to their Airdrop Price like $200 per account better ignore it
Activity: 239
Merit: 101
August 03, 2018, 09:49:26 AM
Most people think that a scam mean that you are going to give money and not get it back. However, the situation is like this: as for ICOs you may give them something else, for example, wear their signature. A scam is when they promise something and not keep the word
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
August 03, 2018, 07:35:40 AM
Scammers are everywhere so, don't you think that being a victim of scam is easy?
No, but if you give your time to communicate to those scammers and give your personal identity,accounts even your signature I think they can.
So the best way to eliminate those scammers is to have a sufficient knowledge about them.
Activity: 378
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
August 03, 2018, 07:30:39 AM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,

Airdops may not look like they are scams because they are only giving away free coins. But if you take a closer look at their project, you might find out that more than half of the existing coins are in the hands of the developers. This is one of the things that you should try to consider. And this is enough for you to question why is this so. This is risky because by the time the coin gains value, the developers might dump all the remaining coins with them. And they are also asking for donations aside from that.

In my opinion, Most probably yes. There is no such thing as free today and if there is so, it wouldn’t be easy to get specially when it comes to money matters. For instance, some airdrops of most rather are scams that’ why we should be really careful in determining what’s true and not.

Activity: 56
August 03, 2018, 06:55:40 AM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,
Scam is when something doesn't happen as promised, I think that definition is enough to give an answer when an airdrop token is never sent to a participant.
Activity: 392
August 03, 2018, 06:20:08 AM
If they promised to pay you for certain actions committed by you and did not pay, then this will be a scam.
Activity: 560
August 03, 2018, 05:50:15 AM
Perhaps such projects do less harm to bounty hunters, but those people who invest in ICO, they do harm. In addition, in many topics, it is said that the market is oversaturated with scammers.
Activity: 2
August 03, 2018, 05:42:51 AM
for me yes because we know what they give from airdrop.
Activity: 490
August 03, 2018, 05:42:25 AM
Free be a scam this is not necessarily, although I think most of the free stuff will not be very good, but you must know that many coins are almost free at the beginning, such as bitcoin.
Activity: 324
August 03, 2018, 05:41:06 AM
I have seen several Scam projects with crypto and can say that they are often met today due to the popularity of coins and the wish to earn as much as possible using all possible methods.
Activity: 96
Merit: 1
August 03, 2018, 05:36:11 AM
It is referred to as a scam because while people might not lose their money, they invested their time in doing task, which ended up being unproductive.
Pages:
Jump to: