Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 18. (Read 4097 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 1
July 12, 2018, 04:07:44 AM
I do not fill the airdrop if I need to provide data. I fill out forms where it is not required.
Activity: 233
Merit: 10
July 12, 2018, 04:06:30 AM
Yes, It can be a scam. Usually the coins that are airdropped are also sold at ICOs. And they usually ask you to downlaod an app, register in their website, join a telegram group, follow them on facebook, follow on twitter, etc. They want to have many subscribers and followers to show that they have a lot of fans.
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
July 12, 2018, 03:55:21 AM
Time is important and it also has a value, I think doing task but not getting something in return can consider as a scam.
Having fun doing something can consider free so not getting a payment from doing it is the most fitted answer for your answer.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
July 12, 2018, 03:45:04 AM
in monetary times like now that there are many ways to get money regardless of others, other people want to lose or difficult they let alone for his personal interests.

the most important thing right now that we have to be careful of the airdrop rampant to register so there is a group of people who steal our personal data, so be on your guard.
Sometimes there was a developer has been asking for the personal data of the airdrop participants. Remember the free way has a very high potential to be a scam just like when we are seeing ponzi and it offers a very high interest on daily basis and that doesn't make sense at all. I guess everyone should pay attention to that.
Activity: 518
Merit: 106
July 12, 2018, 03:36:45 AM
in monetary times like now that there are many ways to get money regardless of others, other people want to lose or difficult they let alone for his personal interests.

the most important thing right now that we have to be careful of the airdrop rampant to register so there is a group of people who steal our personal data, so be on your guard.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
July 12, 2018, 02:36:48 AM
Yeah alot of them are scams and you end up giving away personal information such as your identity number but I still know alot of people who make money off airdrops.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
July 12, 2018, 12:29:42 AM
Everything can be a scam. Even if it not for free.. Just watch the most ICOs that we back in 2017... The most projects just scammed their people and run away with all their money.
Activity: 84
July 11, 2018, 01:41:12 AM
the best way to away from this scam airdrops, ICO's or any project. do a profound research about the project you are to join in. and don't easily fall from what you see in the internet.
Activity: 1
July 10, 2018, 11:25:00 AM
I haven't experience yet that can something free is a scam. It is my first time to join airdrop have no experience, i follow also in telegram. I  attract joining because of free and not exerting effort.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
July 08, 2018, 02:29:50 PM
Like other users already pointed out, scams don't involve necessarily somebody that takes away your money, but this somebody could take away your precious time that can be invested in other activities and that's a fraud because you are not getting what promised in the first place.
Activity: 119
July 08, 2018, 02:06:38 PM
From my expirience most of free things are scam. For example? 99% of bounty and is a scam and it's a free way to get tokens.

"There is no such thing like free lunch" (c)
Activity: 31
July 08, 2018, 10:06:58 AM
Sry didnt read the thread fully, but giving my answer still.
I think its a clear case of scamming for free marketing. They are trying to get people see the coin and make it "legitimate". Then they list it on a exchange as fast as possible and hope people dont have a negative view of them and sell the tokens.

The "airdrop" itself is something like " GET HUGE REWARDS UP TO 100$ BOUNTY BIG AIRDROP ". Then they want people to spam it everywhere so that if even a fraction of people buy into it after listing, they get free money and try to exit with as much money as possible. Maybe some people sell their tokens off, but still the devs might dump much more, or even worse they themself fill most of the people in the airdrop. So essentially they drop most of the tokens to themselves and then say that they keep only 5%.
Activity: 980
Merit: 261
July 08, 2018, 10:01:54 AM
Something arent free can be a scam still, specially airdrops that is why people saying  that airdrops is just a waste of time because you need to fill some form and in the end the coin you get has no value,it is free. There are also things that arent free but in the end it is scam.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
July 08, 2018, 09:54:25 AM
Not all free are scam or fraud but not all that you have paid for is not a scam,too. The amount you pay is not an assurance of its legitimacy. Just make sure you do research before investing into something or before accepting something that they call free but actually just getting information from your bio.
Activity: 84
July 08, 2018, 09:46:17 AM
Everything can be a scam. Even if it not for free.. Just watch the most ICOs that we back in 2017... The most projects just scammed their people and run away with all their money.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
July 07, 2018, 12:35:09 PM
They will sell your information. Sell them to other ICOs who want them. Do you see any ICO promotional emails appearing in your spam? That is the sign your information has been sold. There are many forms of fraud. Not just money scams
Activity: 45
July 07, 2018, 12:32:54 PM
Free doesn't mean good. Nowadays there is a lot of fake ICO or altcoins that will try to draw your attention to participate but you will sure lose your money because it is scam, so study and do research before you invest.
Activity: 409
Merit: 103
July 07, 2018, 04:36:31 AM
Not all airdrop are free, there are still AIRDROP that ask for transaction fees for each and every participant. Also there are some airdrop who do ICO. This is why others call airdrop as scams. because scam in airdrop really exist.
R9s
Activity: 406
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
July 07, 2018, 04:31:56 AM
Although there are many scammers in the airdrop, you can refuse to provide any privacy (ID card, wallet private key, various private passwords), ICO scam is the most difficult to distinguish, because even if it is a real ICO project, it may be due to more Reasons for failure!
Activity: 196
July 07, 2018, 04:24:29 AM
Still a scam in the ico company was quite a lot. but I thought that this practice practically changed, but it turned out not so.
Pages:
Jump to: