Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 21. (Read 4099 times)

Activity: 216
Merit: 10
June 22, 2018, 06:06:09 AM
Yes ofcourse. For me it is possible to happen. Because nowadays everything that was imppssible can be possible now. Especially when we talk about free, that has a big chance to become a scam in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1633
June 22, 2018, 06:01:21 AM
Of course something like a free airdrop can be a scam. They can try to obtain your private information in the guise of KYC or DDQ,

and then use that data to socially engineer tailor made phishing attempts targeting you...
Activity: 92
Merit: 0
June 22, 2018, 05:59:20 AM
if you are speaking about airdrop, no it is not scam but shittycoin it can be, then in airdropthe scam i can see is when for airdrop you need to install some software wallet on your computer it can be scam
Activity: 118
Merit: 5
June 20, 2018, 01:26:04 AM
Yes, it can also be a scam. A project is considered to be scam is not merely because it has obtained others’ properties by means of deception, but has failed to fulfill its promises upon which participants based when they were deciding whether to join the project. Besides, a so called free airdrop is not necessarily free because you have spent time on it, there is opportunity cost of using it.
Activity: 210
June 19, 2018, 11:36:12 PM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

which I know can be because nowadays I know that token and free coins are wasted and not good and so I know little about this, therefore I prefer to invest and earn a profit, because altcoin price also decreased

Activity: 952
Merit: 107
June 19, 2018, 10:15:49 PM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
Because we invest time and effort to get that rewards even there's no money involve and for me it is a form of scam already beside we put our trust to them so we expect to get our rewards then after long wait they break their promise, So I don't participate in any airdrops now because is such a waste of time.
Sometimes, unknowingly we enter on the sites that we never know if it is just a tool to get in to our account even only the address and email are their requirements to join in the airdrops. Email and wallet address are connected which can be used to scam people that is the reason why I do not joined airdrop because I experienced being scammed after I joined in some which until now do not give any.
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
June 19, 2018, 09:49:52 PM
Yeah, there are some cases that free airdrops are scam and whats worst is they do have malware files sometimes. Best alternatives for hackers nowadays uses the airdrop form opportunity. They then provide their own wallet address for you to download then suddenly it’s a tragedy just like what happen to mine downloading the thor cash wallet I’ve been scammed a big amount.
Activity: 51
June 19, 2018, 09:44:55 PM
I have encountered businesses that scams us before and it was such an experience. I was called by an unknown caller to receive something for free. And we got there to claim it. The result is that we could only claim the freebies if we would buy their product and not only that, there are other additional free items to give also. I was thinking if giving many freebies didn't make them lose their profits. So attracted we decided to buy their product and paid a lot just to get the freebies which later on we knew that we are still on the losing side because the product bought was overpriced. So I realized that something free isn't really free at all. It is because it's business and not a charity organization. When I see something like it I just laugh and never cared too much since then. So for me I no longer interested in free airdrops.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
June 19, 2018, 09:31:31 PM
There are various ways to get scammed via a free airdrop.

Besides stealing info, emails, etc... some airdrops require private keys (scam), and even
overlooking obvious things like that, they can steal your time for free advertising in return.

FB, Twitter, Telegram and so on... that takes time.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
June 19, 2018, 09:27:46 PM
In my opinion, when a project promises something, and they do not deliver something like they promised, it is enough to be called a scam.
Maybe we do not lose anything other than the minimal time and data. But for honest people, that's enough.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
June 19, 2018, 08:22:31 AM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,

Well, In my point of view. Yes. It possible to be a scammed. why? Let's think, why would they give you a free tokens in just a snap, do you think they will give you a free tokens without any conditions for that?. Or they are just generous to give their tokens just for nothing. Look, there is no free in crypto world. Especially, that nowadays joining in altcoin and bitcoin campaign is really hard because they are full. Well, for me you can be scammed even if you only used your eth address and email address if they can access it. Or maybe your website is not safe. And do not be fool to a free tokens out there.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
June 19, 2018, 07:50:07 AM
I think some of us actually send the requested data, to get the number of tokens they promise.
I think if nobody gets stuck, they will not do it again, but we can see that even today it is constantly evolving with a constantly updated method.
Activity: 267
June 19, 2018, 05:33:43 AM
The scam here is very common. This is not surprising. But to participate in airdrops, we don't need us to spend money. It's like buying a lottery ticket. Maybe I didn't win 100 chances. If I win occasionally, then I will be very happy. Of course, it takes time to participate in airdrops, so I will plan my time rationally. In my spare time, I will join airdrop.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
June 19, 2018, 05:20:46 AM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,
Because we invest time and effort to get that rewards even there's no money involve and for me it is a form of scam already beside we put our trust to them so we expect to get our rewards then after long wait they break their promise, So I don't participate in any airdrops now because is such a waste of time.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
June 19, 2018, 05:20:01 AM
If somebody tell you that you will get free tokens if you provide them private key, go away becasue that is a scam for sure.
Activity: 45
June 19, 2018, 05:06:21 AM
airdrops aren't a scam to take your money, they just want to spam you.
Activity: 308
June 19, 2018, 05:00:48 AM
it is very possible for something that is free to become  a scam as it will be said to be free in order to get your interest but then has a fraudulent undertone and then when you get in, they get to milk you off your resources and that makes it a scam
Activity: 272
Merit: 12
June 19, 2018, 04:57:53 AM
Yes, some free things are scam. For instance airdrops has been the main channel to scam people in the crypto world. Most of the airdrops ask for contributions from the airdroppers in order to get their token fast. Some of them will ask for 0.01 ETH and after airdroppers send the fund to their wallet then they disappear.
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
June 19, 2018, 04:56:25 AM
Yes, if people start to buy it, it becomes a scam as it was free. Don't you think?
Activity: 86
June 19, 2018, 04:51:00 AM
It could Be a scam
In fact sometimes free things turn out to be scam
You waste your time providing your information and carrying out a task and you don't get rewarded
Pages:
Jump to: