Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 22. (Read 4099 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0
June 19, 2018, 04:50:28 AM
Normally airdrops and bounties will ask for your ethereum addresses and your email addresses,and if they are going to ask your private keys do not let them get it
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
June 19, 2018, 04:46:54 AM
It can be a scam. If the airdrop is given free, (i see some airdrop that ask to send ETH to get tokens, they say is for gas) can be scam, if the coin/token get on exchange and dev has many coins and sell them on exchange and after abandon project, and people who bought coin maybe never will recover all invested money.
Activity: 52
June 19, 2018, 04:40:39 AM
It could Be a scam
When they promise to reward you for carrying out a task which brings benefits to them and at the end of the day ,you don't get a dime for your efforts and time
This is of course dubious and It has no two names than scam
Activity: 140
June 19, 2018, 04:38:12 AM
Scam or scammer have something in mind to get as much as they want, from somebody without having so much effort they just want to steal, now in regards to your question that scam can be free that's what scammer do, to get info and anything from you for their own interest
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
June 19, 2018, 04:32:32 AM
Scam is not necessarily involve money. And airdrops need to do some tasks for you to get airdrop. Mostly to participate in airdrops you need to enter your email or other informations. And mostly you need to follow or like their social media accounts. And if they will not reward we can call it a scam.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
June 19, 2018, 04:14:08 AM
Maybe you will not imagine happening to you. But I think out there, there are people who send the only private key he has to store his portfolio, as requested by someone when following Airdrop. This is crypto, everyone is trying to make a profit, even in the wrong way.
Activity: 123
June 19, 2018, 03:59:22 AM
Maybe people's feelings will vary. If you are willing to follow Airdrop who never paid you, and you do not feel cheated, maybe you are the reason they do it. But I think most people would think otherwise.
Activity: 42
June 17, 2018, 10:51:46 PM
It is very likely to happen, the pay is also a lot of scam, especially if the free, the possibility of a very large scam. So, before you make sure first the project is good and do an analysis of the possibilities that will happen.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
June 05, 2018, 03:21:19 PM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
There are several projects that send us the mail and require us to have a KYC account to receive a token from the Airdrop submission site. But when I click on the link in the project mail, it leads me to a fake myethwallet website. I think such projects are scam projects
Activity: 25
June 05, 2018, 03:18:56 PM
Yeah alot of them are scams and you end up giving away personal information such as your identity number but I still know alot of people who make money off airdrops.
Activity: 77
June 05, 2018, 12:29:18 PM
Yes. Eventhough its free, they promise to give a rewards in exchange on signing the airdrop. Once they didnt fulfill that promise it is consider as a fraud or scam.
Activity: 91
June 05, 2018, 12:25:05 PM
Fraud can be any project. Even that has passed all the tests. What prevents great team to simply collect all the money and running. So there is need to know the history of the team and the predisposition to such methods.
Activity: 59
June 04, 2018, 11:37:06 PM
There is nothing free here. The only thing free is in the mouse trap. But getting ethereum and email address wont be enough to steal your private keys,remember not to use your main email address with these free airdrops.
Activity: 476
Merit: 13
June 04, 2018, 07:03:29 PM
Each airdrop implies a certain project in the future and how many projects for the successful implementation of their business plan need to be implemented so the campaign distributes its coins. And if the project promises anything and does not pay even free coins is a real fraud only for their own purposes! This is the probing of the market and the preparation of the reverse plan of campaigns for example by the method of the reverse! Why are they not scammers, these are the first steps of scammers!
Activity: 462
June 04, 2018, 06:47:05 PM
Yes they can be a scam. An airdrop gives free coins or tokens, but before they give it to you, you will be required to do something like registering to their sites. If you have done all their requirements and still not receiving free coins or just receiving shitcoins, that is when it can be called a scam. Also they often attract a lot of subscribers. And thus want to show that they are very popular and thus attract investors from scratch.
Activity: 23
June 01, 2018, 02:13:19 AM
Maybe it can be said yes because something free it will not be the same as what we ourselves because getting something free is easy but with most of the free it sometimes there is a scam and Airdrops may not look like a scam because they only give away free coins if you get a free coin lest you give your e-mail address
Activity: 672
May 31, 2018, 12:40:12 PM
The scammers always make those things look free but its actually not free because once they ask for your email address, they will do everything to hack into your email account in order to get any information such as private key so they can move the funds in your wallet.
Activity: 81
May 31, 2018, 12:32:50 PM
At times. When something is free, it's possible to be a scam and also a waste of time. At times they might ask you to provide your private key so as for them to believe that the wallet address is really yours.
Activity: 19
May 31, 2018, 08:34:59 AM
An absolutely normal phenomenon which is impossible to ignore.I think that over time sites will release some ograniczenie or learn how to distinguish between scams
Activity: 238
Merit: 7
May 30, 2018, 02:33:26 PM
Yes, some airdrops can be a scam in a way that they might claim to give you some free coins that they will be distributing it after their token sale completion for joining their telegram group, following on twitter so that their community grows and they can attract more legit investors to buy their coins & in the end the ICO makes an exit scam without distributing airdrop coins and coins to the investors. Also, everyone should avoid those airdrop coins that require KYC, don't sell your information for just a few tokens that have a value of just ~5$ it could be nearer to scam.
Pages:
Jump to: