Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 23. (Read 4101 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
May 30, 2018, 11:56:38 AM
Many of the airdrops are not airdrops, they ask for email and sometimes even for KYC information and thus they can be a scam indeed and the data may end up in the darkweb.
Activity: 266
Merit: 41
May 29, 2018, 06:45:54 PM
Free Airdrops can certainly be a scam... perfect example: OTHO

Everything looked legit... got free tokens and then tokens started to be traded on a DEX.

They promoted what was going to be monthly HODLer airdrops after the initial airdrop, with a tiered structure - the more you owned, the bigger the slice of the next airdrop, so people subsequently were incentivised to go and buy tokens on the DEX to reach a higher tier.

subsequent airdrops never happened.

It was simply an elaborate plan to get a quick buck - it was the project team selling the tokens on the DEX to all the people looking to top up, and then they vanished.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
May 29, 2018, 06:37:53 PM
Airdrop campaigns usually do not have to spend a lot of time, just leave the information and wait for the distribute Token. But the tokens get almost no value because those ICOs are not potential. Airdrop is only valid when it applies to bounty participants, and they are rewarded more with airdrop. The KYC of airdrop is stupid and not necessary.
Activity: 70
May 29, 2018, 06:36:21 PM
maybe they have deepweb tools to check on your eth address
Activity: 952
Merit: 107
May 29, 2018, 06:34:41 PM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Under the term of scam people mean as I understand the airdropped coin that you get but after you can not do nothing with it. It doesn’t grow, it can not be exchanged on any other currency. Here is a sense.
Though not all, here are some free that can be scam which used to get the information of the participant. Like airdrop, you cannot trusted all of it because some project are used to find a good victim to get their account. Sometimes not being listed and no value in the market which make as shitcoins.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
May 29, 2018, 04:17:22 PM
Mostly good things are never free. If something is free it is most likely a scam. Airdrops on the other hands can be scams by their own right. They are also a way for the project owners to get a lot of people interested in their coin because if you are holding some of their tokens then you are automatically interested in the project which could end up convincing you to invest in their coin.
Activity: 523
Merit: 10
YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/
May 29, 2018, 11:28:16 AM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

i dont think it is a scam, but the airdrops usually give a small rewards for their participants.
if there are airdrops that requiring kyc, you should not participate on that airdrop.
Activity: 77
May 29, 2018, 11:03:02 AM
Scam means dishonesty or fraud. That is why people are calling some airdrop as a scam because they didnt give the rewards as they promised even it is free. The bottomline is we are promised to be rewarded after signing up but they didnt give back anything, we already call that as scam or fraud.
Activity: 5
May 29, 2018, 10:54:03 AM
They may still be a scam, because they just cheated the your information, but most of the time they will not issue any tokens to you, sometimes even ask you to provide certain ETH as transfer fees
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
May 29, 2018, 10:53:23 AM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,

Under the term of scam people mean as I understand the airdropped coin that you get but after you can not do nothing with it. It doesn’t grow, it can not be exchanged on any other currency. Here is a sense.
Activity: 159
April 24, 2018, 03:43:40 PM
Now let me asked you some questions: 1. do browse for free or you subscribe?
2. Do You save your ether address on email?
3. Do you stole your computer or PC?

I think this will help you to know that you are not working for free.
Activity: 182
April 24, 2018, 03:13:50 PM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,
I totally agree with you. To think that the only thing that they did was to register to the airdrop and wait for it to be finished. I don't think that airdrops are dangerous, actually it's a great way to get free coins without doing anything the only risk is if the coin you'll get do have a value or not. But airdrops aren't scam.
Activity: 154
Merit: 5
April 24, 2018, 02:53:24 PM
ALERT. For the safety of your funds we recommend to NOT login to MEW at this moment hijacked mew dns

https://www.reddit.com/r/MyEtherWallet/comments/8ek0jj/think_i_got_scammedphishedhacked/
Activity: 207
April 24, 2018, 02:50:36 PM
In my judgment, that is not true. The majority of airdrop campaigns are free and easy to join. Although there are many scams and distractions from airdrop campaigns. But if you choose the right one, it will be effective and worth separate.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
April 24, 2018, 02:50:09 PM
In fact, any project can be a scam, so this market is very attractive for speculators and fraudsters. It is necessary to observe security measures to your money and you are not threatened.
Activity: 546
April 24, 2018, 02:47:09 PM
I do not think that this is possible, because scam is something else, but if you need to take part in projects for a very long time and then hope for something good, but in the end you do not get anything from it, then in this case it can be called scam
Activity: 61
April 24, 2018, 02:34:42 PM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,

Nothing is free.
Activity: 376
April 20, 2018, 05:35:23 PM
if you talk about crime, today's paying can be dangerous especially free. like that my view. thank you
Activity: 321
Merit: 102
April 20, 2018, 05:19:40 PM
It is interesting what you say but not true at all because you can't really say an airdrop is free. In order to receive coins from an airdrop you need to do a few things like sharing, following, liking posts from social media or register on different websites. This kind of things even though they are very easy to do, they waste a few precious minutes from your time that you can use to do something more useful.

For airdrops you can't say that you lose a lot of your time but for signature campaigns(bounties) you waste a few hours from your time and that is really important. You should carefully choose the airdrops /bounties that don't look suspicious.
Activity: 224
April 20, 2018, 04:46:19 PM
With a more detailed view, Unfortunately when something is free and for free the trend is to be scam, I'm just commenting on reality. In summary, a good reading and analysis of the project or the benefit is essential.
Pages:
Jump to: