Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 24. (Read 4149 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 1
April 20, 2018, 04:43:22 PM
ICO companies evaluate the same as the venture, but taking into account the token. On the company page in the section token design or token economy you can see how the token is designed. If the task of the venture is to sell more, the task of the crypto company is to make the tokens grow in value. If the startup tokens grow - then there are real users, activity, investors. If the tokens fall, the company will die.
Activity: 255
Merit: 100
April 20, 2018, 04:36:34 PM
Yes, It can be a scam. Usually the coins that are airdropped are also sold at ICOs. And they usually ask you to downlaod an app, register in their website, join a telegram group, follow them on facebook, follow on twitter, etc. They want to have many subscribers and followers to show that they have a lot of fans.
They want you to help them to attract investors.

you are totally right! Moreover, they are trying to bring more people registrated in order to show huge investors that they have a lot of different followers around the world. You have to understand that this strategy works and many projects like a Filecoin made their hardcap via this particular approach.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
April 20, 2018, 10:14:12 AM
There are Airdrops which are scams and ICO es too ,but there are legits too for example i can say DeepOnion Airdrop which last round was today 40 were done since jul 2017 and all is right so you must find yourself.
Activity: 67
Merit: 0
April 20, 2018, 09:57:33 AM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
there phishing site, that's why need to extra careful in putting your information with..need to read a lots of reference bfore putting trust on the site.. observed wisely my friend
Activity: 196
Merit: 5
A MAN SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE
April 20, 2018, 09:50:45 AM
Ok   like ppl said  already   giving your time and info  and get nothing back is a scam    now  is it dangerous  ? Well yeah

Did you ever got weird emails  from ppl   that try to scam you with lot of diffrent  ways ?  
Sure you wonder how they got your mail   .. the answer is the scam airdrops

For the mail   they can absolutely  crack the password   since you give them your  date of birth  😁 guess what  most of us  use that as our password for lot of websites and personal  social media   ( sure not me  lmao )

And many more    so   yes  free things can turn to scam

Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
April 20, 2018, 09:35:15 AM
As an expansion to this discussion has anyone had positive experiences with Airdrops, either as a participant or an organiser?
I don't have experience with airdrops and I don't have any intention of trying it soon. Base on what I read from other forum members, there are airdrops that are legit and real with what they are giving. But there are also airdrops that are unreal with their project, I have read that there are some airdrops that are asking you to send them a balance in ETH so that they can send you those airdrop tokens which is dishonesty since the meaning of airdrop in crypto verse is free.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
April 20, 2018, 09:32:10 AM
Well, imho, scam is not necessarily take away your money. If you give something (your time, your personal data, anything, your signature) because you are promised to be rewarded, but in the end the person/entity is breaking their promise, it might be called scam/fraud.

And BTW when you give your data freely they might sell it to some people, and many people willing to pay for personal data.

I actually agree with your statement right here man. I was scammed both by investing both time and money for an ICO. I did made a blog about a certain token last year. Yes, they did give me tokens only to find out that the dev team just run away and abandoned the project. It feels bad for me to experience that not just once, but few times already, and it’s just lessons learned.
Activity: 6
April 20, 2018, 09:29:38 AM
Today there are some free ico for all of us if we help them advertise on social networking sites ... We just need to spend some time helping them advertise then we will get the same amount of coin. worthy of our merits. I will introduce you ico Marinecoín is playing free. We will get 20,000 coin per day or 140,000 coin .MTC. per week if we help them advertise on bitcointalk and you can get unlimited. You can get 20,000 .MTC. coins per day if you help them advertise. Until the amount of coin supply enough. The highest supply is 9 billion coin ... Marinecoín is also known as .MTC.. You can look up .MTC.’s information on google ...  Currently marinecoín is ico at the website http://marineco.ín + Marinecoín friendly environment iot. ,,, ///  Marinecoín is a machine to machine ... Marinecoín is a coin with artificial intelligence + Marinecoín has arrtificial intelligence machine to machine payment network.//// Marinecoín has dev-less. And their team is amazing. + It is dev-less and eco friendly, maintained by an artificial intelligence / + Marinecoín zero fees. Marinecoín has an artificial intelligence The best thing that investors like us when we hear about it is that they absolutely love zero fees. They are building each day Marinecoín growing. Let’s join them and help them build the growing .MTC. community. - Marinecoín is completely free so it is a good opportunity for us to earn thousands of dollars later. I believe Marinecoín will soon surpass bitcoin to become top 1 on the coinmarketcap because Marinecoín has done it before! You can buy .MTC. with Doge, LTC or Btc on f1cx.com. Marinecoín is coin rather than Token. So you can buy them on f1cx.com. They are fun and successful! .
Activity: 453
April 17, 2018, 09:47:54 AM
offcourse man!!

It very much depends on what do they want? maybe your personal data or just to donwload a simple  "unharmfull" program, and you get hacked... man watch your head, it's a chaos out there,

watch out!  usually if something is too good to be true, just get away from that...
Activity: 379
April 17, 2018, 09:44:26 AM
Of course it can be a scam. For an example, the coins that are airdropped, also solds at ICO. And they want many followers and they can ask you to register in ther website or follow them on facebook, etc. They want you to help them to interest investors.
Activity: 85
April 17, 2018, 09:02:06 AM
I haven't experience yet that can something free is a scam. It is my first time to join airdrop have no experience, i follow also in telegram. I  attract joining because of free and not exerting effort.
Activity: 261
Merit: 10
https://assetsplit.org/
April 17, 2018, 08:57:53 AM
Simply they get your email address and after that they will sell it on black market, also many times airdrops try to steal your private key, so be aware!
Activity: 191
Merit: 5
April 17, 2018, 07:03:27 AM
Airdrops are not scam in general. You are not getting rewarded for free. You are rewarded for being a community member of that particular project. You are being part of the project promotion. So that reward is not free. Even if you think you are worthless, you are not actually. Your time is worth, your social presence have its value, your words have value. So the airdrop you are getting is not free.
Activity: 854
April 17, 2018, 06:58:28 AM
Engaging  in airdrops that did not ask for donations or KYC, might make you feel you cannot be scammed. Good you mentioned e-mail as part of their requirements. If you give your email address out for any scam airdrop or ICO, if they do not use it by themselves, they may sell it to other scammers.
What happens is that, they may send phishing sites to you and if that is the same email you use for most of your security details, such as exchange accounts. If you click on and phishing site they send to you, you might get phished.
Activity: 1
April 17, 2018, 06:21:43 AM
As an expansion to this discussion has anyone had positive experiences with Airdrops, either as a participant or an organiser?
Activity: 363
Merit: 101
Cryptocurrency is Dilema
April 17, 2018, 06:03:02 AM
no, because all of new project is have potential for turn to a scam, they don't want to be a scam, but the project idea and the execution of the project is not  effective that will bring the project turning to a scam
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
April 17, 2018, 05:34:18 AM
Just becarefull when joining airdrop from uknown project and dont have any good reputation because just by only by filled the form possible they can harm your device and steal your private key. To be more safe just joined airdrop from legit company and also they run ICO. Although they only collect email adress but they can sell it to third party and make spam and sent link phising to our email adress
Activity: 175
April 17, 2018, 05:32:26 AM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

I don't think they can steal your data or cryptocurrency, but it's possible that they won't to pay your tokens or these tokens can be zero cost
Activity: 193
April 17, 2018, 05:25:48 AM
In some terms especially if they offering huge interest for just a short of time without doing much work.
But joining in any airdrops i think it is not scam since they're asking for our help for making their coins known in the market just by sharing. It is only their way of thanking us  for giving a portion of their tokens.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
April 17, 2018, 02:16:57 AM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,

Something free is often a scam. But not always, you see. Moreover sometimes it is possible even to earn some money through free campaigns and services. In such a way I have got my first money two years ago.
Pages:
Jump to: