Pages:
Author

Topic: Can the Philippines PLEASE get their own sub-section? - page 10. (Read 15730 times)

donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
I would volunteer to be a moderator but my Jr. Member rank makes it look so bad Tongue
Mods get a special badge to wear.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
I would volunteer to be a moderator but my Jr. Member rank makes it look so bad Tongue
donator
Really my only concern is a personal one. I don't speak Filipino though I live in the Philippines. I support a Filipino section.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
The official language of the Philippines is English. It has several pigin languages and many more dialects. They don't need their own section.

I would like to correct you here. I'm a Filipino, and Filipino is our official language, not English, though in some other encyclopedias and atlases, English is written as an official language of the Philippines, which is plainly wrong because in the 1935 Constitution of the Philippines, former president Manuel L. Quezon declared that Filipino is the official language of the Philippines, nothing more. English is widely-spoken here, but no, it isn't the official language of our country.
Filipino is the National language. All official government business is in English. It's like Canada with two official languages.

If theymos were Filipino, then such a section would have already been created, but since he's fond of Esperanto...  Tongue
donator
The official language of the Philippines is English. It has several pigin languages and many more dialects. They don't need their own section.

I would like to correct you here. I'm a Filipino, and Filipino is our official language, not English, though in some other encyclopedias and atlases, English is written as an official language of the Philippines, which is plainly wrong because in the 1935 Constitution of the Philippines, former president Manuel L. Quezon declared that Filipino is the official language of the Philippines, nothing more. English is widely-spoken here, but no, it isn't the official language of our country.
Filipino is the National language. All official government business is in English. It's like Canada with two official languages.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
Can the Philippines PLEASE get their own sub-section?

Not a day goes by without this popping up, 1/4M views (#2 has 100K)... Pretty please?

See: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pilipinas-philippines-27736

PS I don't have any steak in this, I'm from Europe and don't even speak the language. I just notice this topic having daily attention and growing bigger and bigger... So this seemed like a good suggestion.

Surely, theymos won't let Leroy Fodor be the mod there since he honestly owns the largest bitcoin mining farm in all the Philippines and administers the FIRST public staking pool in crypto existence.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Honestly, we really do need a Filipino sub section.

first of all, there are legitimate discussions about Bitcoin, the others are general rambling and the rest
are talks about betting on the PBA. Decent discussion about businesses, startups and investments are basically
flooded off and such.

It needs to be organized much better by having an entire subsection.
We don't need a sister subsection, just another one in all entirety.

For once there should be a serious Filipino forum in the internet.
And it should start here.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
After all that the Philippines have many services in bitcoin like we can pay bills thru our bitcoin , pay tuitions fee , many merchants here accepting bitcoin , bitcoin atm thru local bank , instant cashout , online wallet provider here in PH and many more , still stats are the basis for PH to have its own forum section. -_-
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I don't see why not. Having one thread for everything seems counter-productive. I mean, the Dutch have their own subforum and every single one of us is able to speak English, but that doesn't mean we always want to.

I would support a new subsection for the Phillippines if their forum presence is significant enough to warrant it but looking at the other stats I'm not fully convinced.

Well, I was bored so here's the math.

The past 7 days (little over by a few hours, +~12).

140 posts, 20 unique users, average of 20 posts a day.

10 users posted 3 times or less.

Top 5 posters account for 95 of 140 posts, top 3 account for 72.

An entire new section is probably not needed yet.  

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192
I don't believe in denial.

I participate in the Dutch and Croatian sections, and they both have "worse" numbers...

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

donator

Can we take this reason for us Pinoys not to have our own section? Those many dialect that you talking about are native language and can't be understand in the whole Philippines. Majority of the PH people understands Filipino (Tagalog) and English only and not those native languages.

As I said Im fine with the current state of PH thread . But much better if we have our own section. Smiley I already told in my post here what is my concern about.

I didn't mean there should be sections for different languages. I was wrong to think there shouldn't be a Tagalog section. There's probably enough interest to warrant one.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192
I don't believe in denial.

No, they don't need their own section for all those dialects (just the one "other" official language), but correct me if I'm wrong (I'm no expert on English as painfully illustrated by BitcoinDistributor, thanks for that but no need for shouting...):

But this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pilipinas-philippines-27736 does not seem like English to me.

So considering the daily activity over there and the number of views approaching 300K fast, I would still argue for a Philippines section...  Grin
legendary
Board request aside, the thread can be transferred to a new OP if the original OP is truly gone and someone wants to take it over.

Thanks. I will ask my fellows Pinoys who wants to take over. But we want to hear the side of the original OP first. His last activity was on May this year.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
Board request aside, the thread can be transferred to a new OP if the original OP is truly gone and someone wants to take it over.
legendary

Can we take this reason for us Pinoys not to have our own section? Those many dialect that you talking about are native language and can't be understand in the whole Philippines. Majority of the PH people understands Filipino (Tagalog) and English only and not those native languages.

As I said Im fine with the current state of PH thread . But much better if we have our own section. Smiley I already told in my post here what is my concern about.

Only weird thing is he calls himself "Pogi" which apparently means "you hot stuff" back in the homeland. Don't know if I want my sister with that type of guy.

"Pogi" means handsome , good looking . Not a hot stuff. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
My sister's boyfriend is from the Philippines, he seems like a nice boy. Only weird thing is he calls himself "Pogi" which apparently means "you hot stuff" back in the homeland. Don't know if I want my sister with that type of guy.

*lol* I can understand you when he says such a thing. Though maybe its less of a flaw of character of him than a habit that shows by that. Something usually said by many there. Cant judge that.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!
Our official language in Philippines is Filipino ..
We just use English to communicate in other country.. and also this is english forum..
im favor with this because not all Pinoy can understand english well..
we will be more happy if we can have  our own section ..
so that can we guide all Pinoy who want to know more about bitcoin in our language..
that will be easy for them to understand..

Philippines' official languages: Filipino (official; based on Tagalog) and English (official) (The World Factbook, Languages of the Philippines, etc).

You may use what language you like...but your government says it deal with both Filipino and English languages.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com
Our official language in Philippines is Filipino ..
We just use English to communicate in other country.. and also this is english forum..
im favor with this because not all Pinoy can understand english well..
we will be more happy if we can have  our own section ..
so that can we guide all Pinoy who want to know more about bitcoin in our language..
that will be easy for them to understand..
Pages:
Jump to: