Pages:
Author

Topic: Can the Philippines PLEASE get their own sub-section? - page 8. (Read 15730 times)

copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
that's not right. you can say the same thing about German and Dutch. over half of those countries' population can speak english just like Philippines. and the India local board is 80% in English.
legendary
Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024
So you are dismissing us our right to have a sub-section for us just because we are educated well enough to speak english?

Yes that is exactly what I am saying.

I think you finally get it.

The Philippines speak English and that is why we do not have a UK, Australian, New Zealand or Canadian sub-forum, because they all speak English.

Language sub-forums are for non English speakers.

All literate Filipinos speak English.

~BCX~

legendary
Activity: 1302
I have a feeling BitcoinExpress is a Filipino too.  Don't be ashamed of your nationality. Smiley

There's no need for any Pilipino sub-forum.

English is the official language of the Philippines.

All government business and documents, all banking transactions of any kind ,all legal and court proceedings, birth certificates, marriage certificates, anything and everything official is English.

In 1987 the Philippine Constitution was amended to make English the official written language and Tagalog the official spoken language.

Every child in every school in the Philippines for the last 40 years has been required to have a fluency proficiency in English before leaving primary school.
So you are dismissing us our right to have a sub-section for us just because we are educated well enough to speak english?

If you are an American citizen and you know two languages, let's say for example you know both English and Spanish (both fluent in it) . You are in a Spanish forum, there is a local thread for you, You can speak your native language in there which is english, Would you think it will be more convenient for you to just speak your own language around the people who speaks the same as you in a more organized way?

quote author=BitcoinEXpress link=topic=1112318.msg12594308#msg12594308 date=1443914731]
What a "Filipino Sub-Forum" does do is make it harder for non Tagalog speaking Mods and people who call out scams to monitor the section.[/quote]

It does not, that is why a new Moderator who can speak our language is needed. He can be vouch by the other ffoeum mods and staffs in here to ensure that he will do his job as a mod.

quote author=BitcoinEXpress link=topic=1112318.msg12594308#msg12594308 date=1443914731]
The Pilipinos that can't speak English are the province peasants who are basically the equivalent of the Appalachian inbred in the US, not exactly the crypto type.

~BCX~

[/quote]

Now, don't say that. I am from a province myself. Most of us live in provinces in here.

This is one of our goal here. To spread the knowledge of crypto to thos in urban and rural places in our country. Wink
Activity: 643
Merit: 263
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
I have a feeling BitcoinExpress is a Filipino too.  Don't be ashamed of your nationality. Smiley

All government business and documents, all banking transactions of any kind ,all legal and court proceedings, birth certificates, marriage certificates, anything and everything official is English.

In 1987 the Philippine Constitution was amended to make English the official written language and Tagalog the official spoken language.

Every child in every school in the Philippines for the last 40 years has been required to have a fluency proficiency in English before leaving primary school.

What a "Filipino Sub-Forum" does do is make it harder for non Tagalog speaking Mods and people who call out scams to monitor the section.

The Pilipinos that can't speak English are the province peasants who are basically the equivalent of the Appalachian inbred in the US, not exactly the crypto type.

~BCX~

Philippines has like 80+ languages. And tagalog is not the most spoken language in the Philippines only second to Visayan.

As a Visayan I prefer to speak English more than Tagalog.

Philippines != Tagalog(Filipino)
legendary
Activity: 1302

Yes indeed there has been 357 pages since January 2015 but that does not mean a large user base.

What it does mean is that 5-6 users are posting over and over again.

One of the users in your list is a known scammer with 3 alts in your list.

Another reason for saying no to a sub-foum is that the conversation is 99% Altcoins and this is a Bitcoin forum.

~BCX~

You see our main reason as to why we want a sub-section of our own is because most Pilipinos' in here doesn't even know there is a thread for us in the lowest part of this forum.
gWe want to build up a larger group of people and to share knowledge in them in here. We want to use this forum as a tool to widely spread the idea of bitcoins in the Philippines. Little by little if you could monitor our daily activities you could see our activities rising and yet some new members will be gone and not post again. This is again because of not having a whole section just for us to classify posts according to the topics. Some of us get tired of back-reading to every posts and not all of us want to ask questions because we don't want to be repetitive in  topics. If we will be given a chance to have a sub-sextion and a more organized part of the forum, that will be a great step-up for us to start our mission for everyone to gain wide knowledge about bitcoins.

I, myself know that there is more Pilipinos in here lurking around the forum without noticing our thread. Why? Because if you could look in our facebook group, there are thousands of people in there discussing about bitcoins everyday. I could give you the facebook link and you could observe in there.

Also wanna know a reason why some Pilipinos' prefer not to post in our own thread? Maybe they don't want their post quality to be lowered because as far as I know posting in the local board could lower your stats of having a good qualoty post. (I'm not sure about this but as far as I know some have this reason in their hands.)
legendary

What a "Filipino Sub-Forum" does do is make it harder for non Tagalog speaking Mods and people who call out scams to monitor the section.

~BCX~

Activity: 643
Merit: 263
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
legendary
It's the first time I saw you in here. Is this your main account or an alt? You can list your name on the list you can see before your post here. It's for the pwtition for us to have our sub-forum. You should stop-by in here for some times, We could use a new people around here everyday. Smiley
I only have this account.

Only since 2015 most discussions here are in Tagalog, which is great, but I barely understand them haha. Before that I replied a bit more often because it was more in English.  Actually I think that proves the Filipinos are using more and more bitcoin.

BadBear (I assume he reads this topic from time to time Tongue), just check page 66, that is the last page before 2015. Most discussions before 2015 were in English and IMO there weren't that many Filipinos here. But since then, we had another 357 pages of posts for a total of 423 pages. The activity in this thread has sky-rocketed(!) Just imagine 66 pages in 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 and now already 357 pages in 2015!!

We need a PHILIPPINES subforum Smiley

Current standing:
 1. Mr.Seller
 2. Hexcoin
 3. yakelbtc
 4. jacee
 5. bitwarrior
 6. DaddyMonsi
 7. Shinpako09
 8. umair01
 9. YuginKadoya
10. Syndria
11. zecexe
12. Phibay
13. NLNico
14. ralle14

Yes indeed there has been 357 pages since January 2015 but that does not mean a large user base.

What it does mean is that 5-6 users are posting over and over again.

One of the users in your list is a known scammer with 3 alts in your list.

Another reason for saying no to a sub-foum is that the conversation is 99% Altcoins and this is a Bitcoin forum.

~BCX~
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
I, for one, would love to see a Filipino section, so Leroy Fodor can get properly roasted on a daily basis in a locally relevant sub.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
I would also like to voice out my support for the Philippines to have it's own sub-forum hopefully and to make everything in order since trying to interact with the current way we do in the one thread we are, it's very messy and confusing as many topics get mixed up all the time and is a head ache to try to back read the posts when someone come's back from their inactivity

Best regards
~SFR~
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289
DiceSites.com owner
People start calling me "sir" and asking me for a sub forum, so time for a bump (hehe Tongue)

Sir guide us to have the sub forum.. its nearly 500 pages and we need some extra thread...

Seriously though, I will leave this post here too:

BadBear (I assume he reads this topic from time to time Tongue), just check page 66, that is the last page before 2015. Most discussions before 2015 were in English and IMO there weren't that many Filipinos here. But since then, we had another 357 pages of posts for a total of 423 pages. The activity in this thread has sky-rocketed(!) Just imagine 66 pages in 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 and now already 357 pages in 2015!!

We need a PHILIPPINES subforum Smiley

They/we have also started a "petition" as seen at the latest reply on the PH thread (14 and counting) and multiple people have changed their "personal text" for it. Obviously this is just a nice way of showing the support for a new sub forum Tongue

I understand the reasoning of BadBear in the earlier reply too. But overall I do think there is enough interest and activity for a sub forum. And I do think the activity will even increase with an own subforum (as it allows different kind of discussions more easily.) Personally, I wouldn't even want multiple sub-sub-forums, just 1 sub-forum to start with. Should be great.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1885
Metawin.com
theres alot of filipinos here in the forums but they just cant find our thread in the other section maybe
i hope you can give us second chance or what we requirement is needed to have a sub forum that would
be awesome for us Smiley
Activity: 518
Merit: 254
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Please give us sub forum.please we will be good and to take good care our sub forum... thank you
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
I support sbogovac request and together with all the other Filipinos here, that we may have our own sub-section in this great forum of ours.
Let the Philippines have its own sub section  and hopefully soon by the year ends. Smiley
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
A Filipino forum would be nice. Most Filipino companies aren't on bitcointalk at this moment, communication is mostly at the Bitcoin PH FB group and some at reddit. With a new forum they can probably join us.

I think there is enough things happening: lots of "bitcoin remittance" companies, meetings, Bitcoin Organization of the Philippines, etc. I think it would be cool to discuss these topics in depth, but for me that Filipino thread, Facebook and Reddit always just have a limited "time-limit" for discussions. An own forum allows longer and more in-depth discussions about everything that is happening in the Philippines related to bitcoin.

Probably a lot of discussions will be still in English, but it is not just about talking in Tagalog (or Cebuano etc.), it's also about having a forum for Filipino-related discussions.

(Ps, I am from NL but living in PH.)

Seems worth a rebump, a forum for money-remittance is one that resonates with the utility Bitcoin represents.
Having some of the business community from there join the forums and create discussion is beneficial to awareness and adoption of Bitcoin that could be measured.
Will support the measure as well as it provides an opportunity to test actual stats for the board.
Activity: 518
Merit: 254
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Sir give us a chance to have own sub forum. Because we have many filipino here...
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1885
Metawin.com
can this suggestion still work ?
if it can itll be like an early christmas gift for us filipinos Cheesy
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Maybe the admins are no Manny Paquiao fan Smiley
I support this request for a Philippines sub-section
I guess its about time they have their own sub-section and this will encourage more Filipinos to post in their won sub-section rather than jump around from one sub-section to another.
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1018
No section still? WTH?
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
Never before 11 P.M.
I just wanna post here to support the petition for the Philippines to get it's own sub-section. It will be very helpful to us, Filipinos, if this will be implemented.

As an American, I say they deserve their own sub-forum.  Don't make me send in MacArthur to come and take it for them...
Pages:
Jump to: