Pages:
Author

Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner to help minimize downtime - page 2. (Read 402303 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Does this also work with a mining proxy?

I would also like to know the answer to this question. Example: mining_proxy.exe
Activity: 1
Hello Justin! Smiley

I do not understand how the threshold utility is linked to algo... how do you do that ?
May you add a thrshold for temperature ? I often get a card which stops mining but is still active... temperature goes down to 40°C and nothing is flagged! Smiley

Thanks in advance for your great support,

Katak

Yes, can you give us the link between kernell and algo??
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Hello Justin! Smiley

I do not understand how the threshold utility is linked to algo... how do you do that ?
May you add a thrshold for temperature ? I often get a card which stops mining but is still active... temperature goes down to 40°C and nothing is flagged! Smiley

Thanks in advance for your great support,

Katak
Activity: 87
I am using sgminer 5 now, which supports "profiles" in the conf file. When i try to add this conf file to a (new) profile in cgwatcher 1.4.0 it generates an error at the line preceeding the "profiles" section.

Should a "profiles" section in a config file be working already, or will this be supported in a future release of cgwatcher?
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
Does this program works with LKETC Dragon 1T miners?

The CGremote Monitor should work with it I have it monitoring the API on port 4028 on each of my antminers and it shows me stats and lets me change pools on the fly, works great
Activity: 1036
Merit: 531
Hi milone,

For some reason, when i had a pool to multiple miner by cgremote and choose to save pool in config, pool is added to miner, but not save in config file. And before this function works well, now, no...

Seems to work if i don't check the : replace existing matching pool
Activity: 1036
Merit: 531
Hi milone,

For some reason, when i had a pool to multiple miner by cgremote and choose to save pool in config, pool is added to miner, but not save in config file. And before this function works well, now, no...
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
einc.io
Does this program works with LKETC Dragon 1T miners?
Activity: 546
Not sure if anyone can help, I am having an annoying problem.

I have one profile setup for mining X13 algo coins and it works perfectly.

I have copied this folder and made minor changes to X11 algo, and added a new profile in CGWatcher. However... sgminer is closed immediately after it announces its API startup message. CGWatcher status says "refreshing devices".

I dont understand why it would work fine for x13 but not x11, there are no differences in config I can see...

If I launch sgminer by itself it runs just fine, so it doesnt seem to be a miner problem. The API address/port are the same for both miners.
Activity: 20
Some noob questions Smiley
Is the cgwatcher compatible with ccminer 1.2 or other version of ccminer? I can't locate ccminer30-50.exe when create profile and I need to point a miner. I can see only .bat files in my miner's folder.

Edit: I can manage to put .exe in profile, fill mi servers settings, but when I press start cames error mesage - something wrong with arguments.
I try to start jackpot mining and my single params are: -a jackpot
Where I go wrong?
Activity: 11

I love this program! I've been mining scrypt coins with it for awhile now and was wondering if x11 support will be coming soon? It would be nice to see the profitability of x11 coins within CGWatcher.

See above comments. CGWatcher has support for newer algorithms, and they will continue to be added as they seem to be popping up constantly. But if the coin data provider (coinchoose.com or coinwarz.com) does not list them, they won't be updated in CGWatcher. It is something to ask the creators of those websites to add support for, then the data will automatically be available in CGWatcher. We plan to create our own list of coins for our software to use, but I'm not sure how soon it will be available because we have a lot on to-do list at the moment.

Thank you very much for your hard work and follow up in this thread. It is greatly appreciated. Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
CGWatcher & CGRemote
I have a question. When I fool around in CGwatcher, the program tells me that if my GPUs reach a certain temperature, it will lower their intensities. I came back from work today and my GPUs were running at 81C, 81C and 82C and CGwatcher was telling me that my GPUs were still fine (a green check). I have 3 280x in this rig. I read somewhere that it's bad when your GPUs reach 80C because the fan will be working overtime to keep them cool which will drastically shorten their lifespan. I don't know what temperature CGwatcher would consider unsafe but obviously 80C was still OK for the program. Is there a way to lower this temperature. For example, is there a way to tell CGwatcher that if the GPUs reach 75, to start lowering the intensity?

Cgminer, as well as cgminer forks (bfgminer, sgminer, etc) have built-in overheat protection. They allow you to set three temperature settings:

temp-target - the temperature the miner will try to keep the GPU near by adjusting fan speeds if the auto-fan option is enabled. Default value is 75C.
temp-overheat - the temperature at which the miner will downclock the GPU to cool it if the auto-gpu option is enabled. Default value is 85C.
temp-cutoff - the temperature at which the GPU should be disabled, and then re-enabled once it cools down. Default is 95C.

Both programs use these same values, which you can set either in your config file or as arguments. CGWatcher displays the green shield as long as overheat protection is enabled in either CGWatcher or Cgminer. You can hold the mouse over the shield to see which one is actually providing the protection.

If you don't have auto-gpu enabled, or have an Nvidia GPU (which cgminer does not get the temperature for), you can enable CGWatcher's Overheat Protection. Instead of down-clocking the GPU, it adjusts the intensity when the temperature exceeds temp-overheat. It will also, like cgminer, disable the device if it exceeds temp-cutoff. On a related note, if a device is disabled for overheating and then cools down, cgminer will try to re-enable it but this usually fails. CGWatcher will also watch for this and restart the device to ensure it gets turned back on successfully.

coins_coins_: The coin data comes from whichever provider you choose - CoinChoose or CoinWarz. If the coin is listed on the selected data provider, it will be added in CGWatcher automatically. If a coin you want to use is not listed on your selected data provider, you'll need to contact them to try to get it added.

Is it possible to get the difficulty data from the wallets in local network? For example, I have 5 miners in my local network, I have 3 wallets for 3 different coins in one of my computer. I want to switch between the coins based on the difficulty of the coins. The coinchoose do not have the X11 coins I want to mine.

I'll have to look into this. I don't know that the wallets would all work the same, as some coin developers seem to customize them... and I don't think the wallets make this information available (though it may be possible to scrape it from the wallet's interface). We're working on creating our own comprehensive coin list because we receive a lot of feedback that the two choices we provide support for are not always accurate or complete. Our software will then use this list by default and get data from various sources on the web. I don't have an ETA on this but it is on the to-do list.

Hey, I'm new to CGWatcher and for the first time tried making it work with SPH-SGMiner. It worked well, but I'd like to know whether "x11 Algo" coins can be added in CGWatcher's  coin list or not (I only see SHA, Scrypt & Scrypt-N coins)?? I did give it a try and added a coin manually, however it  doesn't updates with the changing market through list of exchanges, whatsoever (all exchanges accepting that coin are also listed in the exchange section). So can anyone help me with this? I'd like to mine "x11 Algo" coins for now, the best  profitable one from my coins list all the time. Is there any guide available on this?? Anything that can help me with making it work?? Thanks

As I mentioned above, we are going to create our own comprehensive coin list instead of depending on outside sources. Right now, you have two options in CGWatcher: CoinChoose.com or CoinWarz.com. CoinWarz requires you purchase an API key. Until we can provide this data ourselves, you can contact the developers of these websites and ask them to add the coins, which will then be updated in CGWatcher.

I love this program! I've been mining scrypt coins with it for awhile now and was wondering if x11 support will be coming soon? It would be nice to see the profitability of x11 coins within CGWatcher.

See above comments. CGWatcher has support for newer algorithms, and they will continue to be added as they seem to be popping up constantly. But if the coin data provider (coinchoose.com or coinwarz.com) does not list them, they won't be updated in CGWatcher. It is something to ask the creators of those websites to add support for, then the data will automatically be available in CGWatcher. We plan to create our own list of coins for our software to use, but I'm not sure how soon it will be available because we have a lot on to-do list at the moment.
Activity: 11
Activity: 77
Hey, I'm new to CGWatcher and for the first time tried making it work with SPH-SGMiner. It worked well, but I'd like to know whether "x11 Algo" coins can be added in CGWatcher's  coin list or not (I only see SHA, Scrypt & Scrypt-N coins)?? I did give it a try and added a coin manually, however it  doesn't updates with the changing market through list of exchanges, whatsoever (all exchanges accepting that coin are also listed in the exchange section). So can anyone help me with this? I'd like to mine "x11 Algo" coins for now, the best  profitable one from my coins list all the time. Is there any guide available on this?? Anything that can help me with making it work?? Thanks
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
coins_coins_: The coin data comes from whichever provider you choose - CoinChoose or CoinWarz. If the coin is listed on the selected data provider, it will be added in CGWatcher automatically. If a coin you want to use is not listed on your selected data provider, you'll need to contact them to try to get it added.

Is it possible to get the difficulty data from the wallets in local network? For example, I have 5 miners in my local network, I have 3 wallets for 3 different coins in one of my computer. I want to switch between the coins based on the difficulty of the coins. The coinchoose do not have the X11 coins I want to mine.
Activity: 19
I have a question. When I fool around in CGwatcher, the program tells me that if my GPUs reach a certain temperature, it will lower their intensities. I came back from work today and my GPUs were running at 81C, 81C and 82C and CGwatcher was telling me that my GPUs were still fine (a green check). I have 3 280x in this rig. I read somewhere that it's bad when your GPUs reach 80C because the fan will be working overtime to keep them cool which will drastically shorten their lifespan. I don't know what temperature CGwatcher would consider unsafe but obviously 80C was still OK for the program. Is there a way to lower this temperature. For example, is there a way to tell CGwatcher that if the GPUs reach 75, to start lowering the intensity?
Activity: 65
Anyone know where I can get the checksum for CGminer 372? doesn't seem to be even available for download on cklovias anymore. Why? I hear you moaning! Because my Anti Virus keeps putting it in the vault. I have already put both a folder and a file Exception for it, but still It keeps removing it every time a scan is run. Very frustrating as I have Machine set to run Scans in the early hours of morning while I am asleep which usually means it looses a few hours of miming before I wake up and see CG she not be runnin' no more. Even worse if I sleep in like yesterday, turns out I missed about 5 hours of mining :O (which as I am sure many of you can relate is a complete disaster really. Sounds petty, but things are becoming sooooo competitive now that down time is Critical. any ideas? Please be reasonable.

Use sgminer. Its a fork of the the cgminer you refer to, except it will continue to be updated.

Also get a new antivirus, I guess, if you can't even set an exception.

We (miners) are the exception.1

1. according to antivirus companies
Activity: 26
Anyone know where I can get the checksum for CGminer 372? doesn't seem to be even available for download on cklovias anymore. Why? I hear you moaning! Because my Anti Virus keeps putting it in the vault. I have already put both a folder and a file Exception for it, but still It keeps removing it every time a scan is run. Very frustrating as I have Machine set to run Scans in the early hours of morning while I am asleep which usually means it looses a few hours of miming before I wake up and see CG she not be runnin' no more. Even worse if I sleep in like yesterday, turns out I missed about 5 hours of mining :O (which as I am sure many of you can relate is a complete disaster really. Sounds petty, but things are becoming sooooo competitive now that down time is Critical. any ideas? Please be reasonable.
So I bit the bullet and decided to setup sgminer..

I found that cgwatcher does not understand the "new" format in sgminer config files eg:

Code:
  {
    "url" : "pool:port",
    "userpass" : "username:password"
  }

I fixed it by changing the conf file to use the old cgminer format, which still works in sgminer, and cgwatcher understands this format:
Code:
{
"url" : "pool:port",
"user" : "username",
"pass" : "password"
}

I suspect using the pool manager in cgwatcher, specifying the username&password field would work, and  you could use the new (first format I posted) format type. But it all depends on how you prefer to manage your miners/pools/profiles I guess...
Pages:
Jump to: