Pages:
Author

Topic: Chain-Bet.com | On Chain | No KYC | 15x Win | Provably Fair | Since 2016 - page 20. (Read 38429 times)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
By my calculation, if I bet against the house, I get 400% return which is really too good but the odds are only 6.25% which is kind of... eh.
I don't know if this is true so please do clarify.

Those odds would not make sense or add up, the payout is way too low. If you go to another site it will be about 18x or so  now a mere 4x .
Activity: 243
Merit: 100
We have now experimentally raised the Player vs House multiplying to 16x. This means, the game is now running on 0% house edge. This might be for a little while. Do NOT miss this opportunity to multiplying your bitcoins! Any further changes will be notified here. Thank you everyone for showing interest in this new game.
It seems u r being influenced by what some gamblers are telling u regarding house edge. Within a week, u'll understand, they dont give a f**k even if u r running on 0% house edge. Some are posting for sig campaign and some are just misleading u for the benefit of their patron. Gambling is addiction and u have to infect people through mass campaign. As stated by CrazyJoker before, 4x, 8x or 15.84x is immaterial. The habitual gamblers must see your name everywhere they go. Rest is your call... GooD LucK.
Activity: 206
Merit: 10
We have now experimentally raised the Player vs House multiplying to 16x. This means, the game is now running on 0% house edge. This might be for a little while. Do NOT miss this opportunity to multiplying your bitcoins! Any further changes will be notified here. Thank you everyone for showing interest in this new game.
Activity: 689
Merit: 102
And, I have a question:  if your local lottery that you play charged you 1 dollar to play for a chance to win half that dollar back, would you still play?  See, most lotteries are low probability, but they are equitable in turn....you can win a lot of money in return for a low wager and the amount you can win correlates very closely with the odds of the game.  If a local lottery kept half of the entire pool of money for themselves, would you still play?
No. Definitely not.

We have experimentally raised the Player vs House multiplying factor from 8x to 15x. Any further changes will be notified here. Thank you everyone for showing interest in this new game.
This is a step in the right direction.
We have experimentally raised the Player vs House multiplying factor from 8x to 15x. Any further changes will be notified here. Thank you everyone for showing interest in this new game.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
The house edge of this site is 50%. This has been explained many times by cjmoles now. You must be an idiot to actually play here.

The payout (for a 1% HE) should be: 0.99/(1/16) = 15.84x - not 8x.

Thank you for the confirmation....I was trying to use logic.  I guess sometimes somethings should just be said bluntly.  I hate to see people be duped by the bitcoin predators....It gives the real bitcoin gamblers a bad image that becomes hard to shake.
I partially disagree with you. No offense, I dunno if u r a professional gambler or a habitual one. But, for me, gambling is trying luck in various platforms, i.e. where the method of creating randomness is different. When I buy ticket for a jackpot in my country, I dont go for half of the all tickets available. I just buy one to give my luck a chance to hit the jackpot. I know the chance is negligible, but that is where the luck plays. Similarly, in this game, they offer 4x, 8x or 15.84x is immaterial. At a time, I'll always bet for only one option and if I hit the correct one, I'll always win multiple times of my investment. If luck favors me, I may win two consecutive one to gain 16x. May be this logic is not applicable to a professional gambler, but most, I think, bet for fun.

From your perspective that is okay I guess....But, to me, it is a sense of fairness that counts.  And, when we have a choice between betting on something that is highly skewed in the favor of one party and betting on something that is more equitable toward both parties, then I will always point the player into the direction of what's most fair.

And, I have a question:  if your local lottery that you play charged you 1 dollar to play for a chance to win half that dollar back, would you still play?  See, most lotteries are low probability, but they are equitable in turn....you can win a lot of money in return for a low wager and the amount you can win correlates very closely with the odds of the game.  If a local lottery kept half of the entire pool of money for themselves, would you still play?
Activity: 169
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
I love your site, the whole site is quite interesting. It's just the lack of support for doing a communication against the owners in the event of a problem. And the lack of features that can be used to interact against a fellow player/owner of the site. I hope it can be added for convenience all players
Nice to know you loved the game. In the unlikely event of any problem, players are free to report in this thread. In coming days, we'd also try to open up more communication channels. Convenience of players is of utmost importance to us.
As promised to open up more communication channels, we are now available on Twitter. Feel free to follow and tweet us @BitcoinBetting_
U may consider to be more active with this handle.
Activity: 689
Merit: 102
The house edge of this site is 50%. This has been explained many times by cjmoles now. You must be an idiot to actually play here.

Thank you for the confirmation....I was trying to use logic.  I guess sometimes somethings should just be said bluntly.  I hate to see people be duped by the bitcoin predators....It gives the real bitcoin gamblers a bad image that becomes hard to shake.
I partially disagree with you. No offense, I dunno if u r a professional gambler or a habitual one. But, for me, gambling is trying luck in various platforms, i.e. where the method of creating randomness is different. When I buy ticket for a jackpot in my country, I dont go for half of the all tickets available. I just buy one to give my luck a chance to hit the jackpot. I know the chance is negligible, but that is where the luck plays. Similarly, in this game, they offer 4x, 8x or 15.84x is immaterial. At a time, I'll always bet for only one option and if I hit the correct one, I'll always win multiple times of my investment. If luck favors me, I may win two consecutive one to gain 16x. May be this logic is not applicable to a professional gambler, but most, I think, bet for fun.
legendary

Activity: 132
Love your "on chain" concept. It's a more trustable and easily verifiable method of gambling, so you don't put all your trust into that "probably fair" script. Also love your UI!
This is what I said in my previous post on this thread. But, there is one downside as well. This game is slower than classic dice sites. You need to wait for block confirmation to know if u won or lost.
I guess, that is pretty normal for most on chain games.
Activity: 243
Love your "on chain" concept. It's a more trustable and easily verifiable method of gambling, so you don't put all your trust into that "probably fair" script. Also love your UI!
This is what I said in my previous post on this thread. But, there is one downside as well. This game is slower than classic dice sites. You need to wait for block confirmation to know if u won or lost.
I love your site, the whole site is quite interesting. It's just the lack of support for doing a communication against the owners in the event of a problem. And the lack of features that can be used to interact against a fellow player/owner of the site. I hope it can be added for convenience all players
Nice to know you loved the game. In the unlikely event of any problem, players are free to report in this thread. In coming days, we'd also try to open up more communication channels. Convenience of players is of utmost importance to us.
As promised to open up more communication channels, we are now available on Twitter. Feel free to follow and tweet us @BitcoinBetting_
Activity: 169
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
True. But, OP should go for sig campaign, giveaway and other ways to promote this game. It seems many are not yet aware of this game.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289
DiceSites.com owner

Activity: 392
Merit: 251
legendary
The "edge" is how much greater a percentage one has over the other.  In the case of PrimeDice, the house probability is 50.5% and the player probability is 49.5%, so the difference is 01% <- that is the "edge."
Going by this formula of yours, in the case of Bitcoin Betting Website, the house probability is 50% and the player probability is 50%, so the difference is 0% <- that is the "edge."

And, the house DOES only reserves 100 numbers, the 9900 other possibilities are distributed equally 4950 for the house and 4950 to the player....
When house reserves 100 numbers and 9900 other possibilities are distributed equally 4950 for the house and 4950 to the player, then obviously house reserve becomes (4950 + 100) = 5050. I'm not sure, what is stopping you from seeing this crystal clear reasoning!

You're right!  I'm not trying to ruin your day....I have fun.  The only thing that's important is that you're happy spending your money there....as long as you feel like a winner, that's all that matters....you deserve all you can win there.  Good luck.
The "edge" is how much greater a percentage one has over the other.  In the case of PrimeDice, the house probability is 50.5% and the player probability is 49.5%, so the difference is 01% <- that is the "edge."
Going by this formula of yours, in the case of Bitcoin Betting Website, the house probability is 50% and the player probability is 50%, so the difference is 0% <- that is the "edge."

And, the house DOES only reserves 100 numbers, the 9900 other possibilities are distributed equally 4950 for the house and 4950 to the player....
When house reserves 100 numbers and 9900 other possibilities are distributed equally 4950 for the house and 4950 to the player, then obviously house reserve becomes (4950 + 100) = 5050. I'm not sure, what is stopping you from seeing this crystal clear reasoning!
legendary
Example (PrimeDice): At default 2x roll, out of 10,000 possible outcomes the house DOES NOT DOES TOO reserve 100 of those possibilities for themselves (49.50 < house < 50.49). Because, player CAN NOT roll both over 50.49 and under 49.50 at a time. Player can bet either over or under at one roll. Hence, at any certain roll, house reserves 5100 possibilities for themselves.  (reserve means nobody else but "reserver" can have the reserved places.)
Yes. I am talking about none other than the reservoir, i.e. house, holding here. Out of 10000 possibilities, house holds 5100 possibilities at any certain roll (over or under). Your mistake is, you are considering over or under as over and under, which is giving you a false depiction of only 100 possibilities for house. That is untrue. House holding is 5100 possibilities, whereas players holding is 4900 possibilities at any certain roll (over or under).

Please go through my logic carefully, before arriving at a conclusion.

(PrimeDice: have 50.49% chance to win) - (Players: have 49.51% chance to win) = (EDGE is 01%)
(5049/10000) - (4951/10000) =(0.5049) -(0.4951) = .01 0.0098 = 01% 0.98% EDGE <--important concept->"edge"
FTFY. Now, you have come up with a new formula to explain EDGE, which is different than the previous.

To convert the expected value to the house edge multiply the expected value by 100.  So, as in the above expected value of -0.50, HE = (-0.5) * 100 = 50% house edge.  (note: negation of the negative sign in the identity is accomplished thru the words "house edge" in the translation)
According to your previous formula, the corrected value of house edge for PrimeDice was 51%. Still, I would like to see how you apply your new formula to Bitcoin Betting Website, as the operating mechanism appears different for this game than an average dice site.

No....you changed the formula....the house edge is 01% not the 51% that you claim.  --CJMOLES--

There is no new formula....I've done everything but draw you pictures.  The "edge" is how much greater a percentage one has over the other.  In the case of PrimeDice, the house probability is 50.5% and the player probability is 49.5%, so the difference is 01% <- that is the "edge."  And, the house DOES only reserves 100 numbers, the 9900 other possibilities are distributed equally 4950 for the house and 4950 to the player....

Advice:  If these very fundamental concepts are confusing....then gambling is going to be unhealthy for you....I am being sincere....Try Bingo....it's fun too.

EDIT:
To put it into words:  If you play at Bitcoin Betting Website and you place one wager, then you could "expect" to win one time out of sixteen attempts in which case you would "expect" eight times your initial bet in return but you would also "expect" to lose sixteen times that same wager.  So, you'd "expect" to lose sixteen to win eight for a loss of half your money over the long term.  Thus, the -0.50 expected value....

Learn the math....it could be very profitable when implemented in the right situation....the quicker one is at running the figures, the "sharper" gambler they will be. The "Expected Value" calculation is a tool that helps simplify the process; however, there's more to it than just that....bankroll management is also crucial.

Example (PrimeDice): At default 2x roll, out of 10,000 possible outcomes the house DOES NOT DOES TOO reserve 100 of those possibilities for themselves (49.50 < house < 50.49). Because, player CAN NOT roll both over 50.49 and under 49.50 at a time. Player can bet either over or under at one roll. Hence, at any certain roll, house reserves 5100 possibilities for themselves.  (reserve means nobody else but "reserver" can have the reserved places.)
Yes. I am talking about none other than the reservoir, i.e. house, holding here. Out of 10000 possibilities, house holds 5100 possibilities at any certain roll (over or under). Your mistake is, you are considering over or under as over and under, which is giving you a false depiction of only 100 possibilities for house. That is untrue. House holding is 5100 possibilities, whereas players holding is 4900 possibilities at any certain roll (over or under).

Please go through my logic carefully, before arriving at a conclusion.

(PrimeDice: have 50.49% chance to win) - (Players: have 49.51% chance to win) = (EDGE is 01%)
(5049/10000) - (4951/10000) =(0.5049) -(0.4951) = .01 0.0098 = 01% 0.98% EDGE <--important concept->"edge"
FTFY. Now, you have come up with a new formula to explain EDGE, which is different than the previous.

To convert the expected value to the house edge multiply the expected value by 100.  So, as in the above expected value of -0.50, HE = (-0.5) * 100 = 50% house edge.  (note: negation of the negative sign in the identity is accomplished thru the words "house edge" in the translation)
According to your previous formula, the corrected value of house edge for PrimeDice was 51%. Still, I would like to see how you apply your new formula to Bitcoin Betting Website, as the operating mechanism appears different for this game than an average dice site.
legendary
Example (PrimeDice): at default 2x roll; out of 10,000 possible outcomes the house reserves 100 of those possibilities for themselves (49.50 < house < 50.49).  So, house edge = 100/10000 = 0.01 = 01%
It seems u r mistaken in your calculation.

Edge is the house percentage greater than player percentage.

So, according to your calculation, PrimeDice house edge = 5100/10000 = 0.51 = 51%, whereas Bitcoin Betting Website house edge is 50%. (<--wouldn't even entertain the thought of making such inept calculations)

Please correct me if I am wrong...
Blue Font Added By Me Above

Sorry, you're wrong....Look at my post again; all the math is there.

(5049/10000) - (4951/10000) =(0.5049) -(0.4951) = .01 = 01%   EDGE <--important concept->"edge"

To be clear:

So, Bitcoin Betting Website = 50% house edge (-0.50 EV)
And,                  PrimeDice = 01% house edge (-0.01 EV)

Pages:
Jump to: