Pages:
Author

Topic: [CHARTS] Brief monthly overview of the local boards activity - page 16. (Read 18450 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Great work yet again Rikafip!
My first impression from this review is that Nigerian local board is growing very fast after theymos approved it's creation.
I wouldn't be surprised if they become one of the most active boards in future, even above Turkish and German boards, and with better forum support for mobile devices they could soon be on top.
That is why I think it would be a good decision to do the same thing with Pakistan board, and I wouldn't mind if each local board gets their own native moderator.
Make forum upgrade to responsive design or create Bitcointalk app, and I can guarantee overall forum activity will improve a lot.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

Or maybe you initially wanted to compare the merits shared and not the posts?

Oh,
That is embarrassing.
Yes, merits, I was talking about merits!

This is why I slack! I am slow! I cannot rush things!
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
It's the usual discrepancy between @ddmrddmr Dashboard and @tryninja website then.
According to the merit dashboard the situation is the following:

As you can see the spanish board is leading the french board by 395 posts.
From what I can see, on that screenshot you shared its the amount of merits shared, not posts written.

Regarding posts, numbers that I shared are from the very beginning of those boards meaning since 2011, while Merit Dashboard counts the posts since November 2017. So, even if we count posts only from November 2017, according to Merit Dashboard French board is still ahead of Spanish (131601 vs 54372).

Or maybe you initially wanted to compare the merits shared and not the posts?
legendary
Turning back at the analysis I guess the Spanish board has finally surpassed the French board when we consider the total cumulative number of posts written!

While Spanish board has been more active lately, according to ninjastic.space French board is still ahead when it comes to the total amount of posts written since creation of those boards (255,455 vs 218,928).

It's the usual discrepancy between @ddmrddmr Dashboard and @tryninja website then.
According to the merit dashboard the situation is the following:

As you can see the spanish board is leading the french board by 395 posts.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
Well done @Rikafip for publishing another local board report here to help members and get an idea about how all the local boards have performed previous month and happy to see some early one's this time.

Well done!
I had a plan about avoiding slacking this month, but you heated me once again!

Now, my incentive to be efficient has suddenly decreased… back to slacking then!
He always push that button hard where you have to avoid slacking and be prepared with your reports also giving more time to it but it's good when it comes to these kind of reports.Also waiting for your reports with graphical representations with some slacking also  Grin

While making the charts I saw the name of the Turkish community and I couldn't forget about the earthquake related news.

I want to leave here my feelings for the whole Turkish community.

I also support the Turkish community and god help them in these tough times so hope they has speedy recovery although loss is huge but still present my feelings for them as a forum member.The hard times will pass by leaving some hard feelings but you need to get strong and help each other also.We all are with you as well.
legendary
Turning back at the analysis I guess the Spanish board has finally surpassed the French board when we consider the total cumulative number of posts written!

While Spanish board has been more active lately, according to ninjastic.space French board is still ahead when it comes to the total amount of posts written since creation of those boards (255,455 vs 218,928).

Of course in January BTC went up quite a bit, but we can make a good comparison with the situation the country is experiencing, with the banking problems and the interest in BTC going up.
It's interesting to see Bitcoin helping people.
Getting their local board also probably played some role in getting their numbers up adn i expect those numbers to keep increasing, given the popularity of Bitcoin in Nigeria.

Portuguese board was in 4th place in december and now it's in 7th place
I think that you have to blame joker_josue for that.  Tongue

While making the charts I saw the name of the Turkish community and I couldn't forget about the earthquake related news.

+1. I keep thinking about tragedy that happened in Turkey the whole day yesterday and today and I do hope that all our forum members & their families are safe and unharmed.

As usual, I have updated my local race chart:
https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/12312077/[/url]
Thanks, I've updated my overview with it. Btw, I planned to contacted you before publishing but somehow completely forgot about it. Next time I will make sure to contact you before publishing,

I took some seconds to understand what those numbers really mean, maybe you could improve the Legend with a title for it.
You are absolutely right about this as i thought about the exactly the same thing after I publsihed the overview but I was kinda too bored to correct it at that moment. Anyway, its been sorted now and I hope its easier to understand.

I would also try versions without 100stacked, but it may be hard to see small communities.
I think that 100+ group might be an overkill, but maybe something like 30+ group would be more feasible. I will look into it for the next overview but for now I will keep it as it is.
legendary
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Hello Rikafip. Congratulations and thank you for your work.

As usual, I have updated my local race chart:

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/12312077/

After I did it for yearly local boards overview, I've decided to add this chart to monthly overview as well and we see how it goes. So, members are divided in 3 groups: 1 post, 2-9 posts and 10+, making it relatively similar to the groups made for yearly overview.

When it comes to group of members who wrote only 1 post during January, Indian board has the most of them relative to the total number of active members (61%) followed by Russian (49%) and Spanish (43%). On the other hand, local boards with the lowest amount of such members are Nigerian (17%), Italian (128%) and Arabic (20%).

In the 2-9 posts group, Arabic board with 48% is ahead of others, followed by Indonesian (45%) and Pilipinas (44%) boards, while on the other side are Russian board (24%) and Turkish, Spanish and Pakistan all with 31% members falling into that group.

In the 10+ posts written during January, Croatian board is ahead of the others with 47% of members belonging to that group, followed by Pakistan (42 %) and Turkish & Nigerian both with 40% members writing 10+ posts in that period. At the same time, Indian board didn't have a single member that wrote 10+ posts. followed by Bangladesh (17%) and French (22%) boards.

By the way, this chart is still work in progress so I would appreciate the feedback. Cheers!

Great job here Rikafip.

I took some seconds to understand what those numbers really mean, maybe you could improve the Legend with a title for it.
I would also try versions without 100stacked, but it may be hard to see small communities.

Anyway, great job.
legendary
Merit: 1303
Thanks again Rikafip

What caught my attention the most on this list is Nigeria.
In December 2022 the number of posts was 291, with 61 active users, and in January jumped to 890 posts, with 86 active users.
205% more posts and 40% more active users.
Of course in January BTC went up quite a bit, but we can make a good comparison with the situation the country is experiencing, with the banking problems and the interest in BTC going up.
It's interesting to see Bitcoin helping people.

Portuguese board was in 4th place in december and now it's in 7th place  Sad

legendary

Well done guys!
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
The last but not the least, list of the most active members acorss 18 local boards. After being several months at the top, joker_josue reign is over as two members from Russian local board Smartprofit [226] and Ratimov [212] tok the first two spots, leaving him at the 3rd.

Drops to 3rd place!?  Shocked

I had been at the top for many months, it had to happen sometime. I'll try to recover, but maybe it won't be so easy.
Kudos to Smartprofit and Ratimov. Keep going!
legendary
Well done!

Now, my incentive to be efficient has suddenly decreased… back to slacking then!
I thought that me getting out overview earlier than usual will be sort of incentive for you not to slack this month but I guess I was wrong.

We have a saying in Croatia that goes "dobra izlika zlata vrijedi", roughly translated to "good excuse is worth in gold" and I think that's the case here. Grin
legendary
Well done!

legendary
Since there's no need to slack every month (and to show that I can publish it in the reasonable time frame), here is the brief monthly overview of the local boards activity for January 2023. As always,  charts and table are made with the help of @DdmrDdmr Merit Dashboard and @TryNinja Ninjastic.space.

Communities marked with * (Pakistan and Bangladesh) don't have their own local boards but based on their activity I think that they deserve their spot here and hopefully their status change soon, like it was recently with Nigerian local board.

Post activity per local board during January 2023

During above mentioned period, 15533 posts were written across 18 local boards, which is a solid 12% increase compared to December numbers (13861), that was actually pretty bad so its good to see that we immediately recovered to November 2022 numbers.

As usual, standard names are at the top: Russian board far ahead with 5279 posts, followed by Turkish (2044) and German (1622). Nigerian board was a surprisingly high last month with 890 posts, which is a big increase compared to December and 291 posts written in that period. One more proof that giving them their local board was a right move and I wouldn't be surprised if they endanger the German board at the 3rd spot in the near future. Another board that deserves to be mentioned in Greek board, that had ~350% increase compared to December ( from 49 posts to 197). I don't know what changed there guys, but keep it up.

When it comes to communities without local board, Pakistan needs to be mentioned again as they keep their numbers really high month after month and I think that that they really deserve their local board.

Number of active members per local board during January 2023

Since number of posts written increased in January, no surprise that the same thing happened with number of active members; from 1181 during December to 1248 during January which is a solid 5% increase. Number of active member per board usually don't change much in two months period, but Nigerian board was yet again exception with 40% increase, probably caused due them finally getting their own local board.

Just to note that I count every member who wrote at least 1 during above mentioned period post as being active.

After I did it for yearly local boards overview, I've decided to add this chart to monthly overview as well and we see how it goes. So, members are divided in 3 groups: 1 post, 2-9 posts and 10+, making it relatively similar to the groups made for yearly overview.

When it comes to group of members who wrote only 1 post during January, Indian board has the most of them relative to the total number of active members (61%) followed by Russian (49%) and Spanish (43%). On the other hand, local boards with the lowest amount of such members are Nigerian (17%), Italian (128%) and Arabic (20%).

In the 2-9 posts group, Arabic board with 48% is ahead of others, followed by Indonesian (45%) and Pilipinas (44%) boards, while on the other side are Russian board (24%) and Turkish, Spanish and Pakistan all with 31% members falling into that group.

In the 10+ posts written during January, Croatian board is ahead of the others with 47% of members belonging to that group, followed by Pakistan (42 %) and Turkish & Nigerian both with 40% members writing 10+ posts in that period. At the same time, Indian board didn't have a single member that wrote 10+ posts. followed by Bangladesh (17%) and French (22%) boards.

By the way, this chart is still work in progress so I would appreciate the feedback. Cheers!

Merit shared per local board during January 2023

Increase in number of written posts was naturally followed by a slight increase in the amount merits shared; from 6347 in December to 6552 in January. It may seem like a small increase (and it is with  3%) but I'll take any increase at this point. Once again Russian board was far ahead of others with 1501 merits shared, with German (880) and Turkish (700) behind them.

On the bottom we see the usual names, but I do hope that will change soon as some of those boards are quite active (Pilipinas) and Greek activity went up as well so hopefully that will soon reflect in increased number of merits shared too.

Merit senders and receivers per local board during January 2023

Nothing much to say about this chart other than it mostly follows the amount of merit shared, with some exceptions like Pilipinas, Nigerian and Indonesian board that have high amount of merit senders/receivers compared with the amount of merit shared.

Merit/Post ratio per local board for January 2023

During January 2023, an average merit/post ratio across local board was 0.51, which is a decrease compared to December (0.64) but its still pretty good imho (at least for majority of local boards). Arabic board is yet again back at the top with an awesome 1.46 merit/post ratio and behind them are Spanish local (1.05) and French (0.85).

Usual names are are the bottom, and while I can somewhat understand Greek board having low average since they had a big increase in post activity, Pilipinas board has this situation for (iirc) more than year and they definitely need more merit sources as their current ratio is on the par with the most spammy general boards and somehow i doubt that level of discussion is so low there that it justifies that.

Local Board post race

And for the end of this series of charts, animated local board post race. Courtesy of bitmover.

The most active members per local board during January 2023

The last but not the least, list of the most active members acorss 18 local boards. After being several months at the top, joker_josue reign is over as two members from Russian local board Smartprofit [226] and Ratimov [212] tok the first two spots, leaving him at the 3rd.

Russian |German |Turkish |Italian |Portuguese |Spanish |
_____________________|_____________________|_____________________|_____________________|_____________________|_____________________|
1. Smartprofit [226] |1. mole0815 [137] |1. mandown [147] |1. fillippone [147] |1. joker_josue [206] |1. DdmrDdmr [180] |
2. Ratimov [212] |2. 1miau [120] |2. Phoenix Anka [96] |2. Ale88 [116] |2. TryNinja [124] |2. darxiaomi [64] |
3. Snork1979 [146] |3. willi9974 [92] |3. eightdots [92] |3. babo [80] |3. bitmover [122] |3. famososMuertos [59] |
4. klarki [145] |4. Lakai01 [75] |4. kriminall [90] |4. Lillominato89 [46] |4. rdluffy [79] |4. Don Pedro Dinero [46] |
5. Excimer [131] |5. Buchi-88 [73] |5. wolwoo [82] |5. Paolo.Demidov [41] |5. Disruptivas [74] |5. Hispo [46] |
6. The0ldl_lser [117] |6. sam00 [69] |6. bobita [72] |6. hymperion [36] |6. Lucasgabd [44] |6. Porfirii [46] |
7. xandry [106] |7. bct_ail [65] |7. ZekiBeyy [71] |7. mendace [35] |7. alegotardo [37] |7. seoincorporation [33] |
8. fruktik [99] |8. cygan [59] |8. SUPERSAIAN [67] |8. giammangiato [32] |8. nikolaspaolo [11] |8. Artemis3 [16] |
9. TrinityS [89] |9. Soonandwaite [56] |9. RaltcoinsB [60] |9. jack0m [32] |9. alexrossi [9] |9. franckuestein [14] |
10. Olgacom [79] |10. CoinEraser [53] |10. trendcoin [51] |10. bitbollo [29] |10. Jayjones [7] |10. d5000 [13] |

Indonesian |French |Pilipinas |Croatian |Nigerian |Arabic |
________________________|______________________________|_________________|_________________|__________________________|______________________|
1. Husna QA [62] |1. Danydee [37] |1. blockman [42] |1. slackovic [51] |1. sokani [45] |1. Kavelj22 [61] |
2. Chikito [55] |2. patrickus [33] |2. Fredomago [32] |2. Trofo [40] |2. KupaCrypto [43] |2. Ulven [40] |
3. masulum [54] |3. LeGaulois [32] |3. bisdak40 [25] |3. Daniel91 [39] |3. CryptopreneurBrainboss [41] |3. OmegaStarScream [22] |
4. abhiseshakana [43] |4. Saint-loup [28] |4. mirakal [25] |4. Pmalek [37] |4. Davidvictorson [41] |4. yhiaali3 [21] |
5. blue Snow [43] |5. elma [27] |5. Botnake [23] |5. dkbit98 [32] |5. Dzwaafu11 [31] |5. albon [17] |
6. Pink NordFX [40] |6. iwantmyhomepaidwithbtc2 [25] |6. serjent05 [23] |6. cryptofrka [22] |6. Agbe [27] |6. samcoin [17] |
7. puloweh555 [38] |7. GrosWesh [21] |7. acroman08 [20] |7. SirJohnVonSlotty [21] |7. HajiBagi [25] |7. Bybit Arabic [16] |
8. Luzin [36] |8. Halab [21] |8. arwin100 [18] |8. Rikafip [19] |8. Charles-Tim [24] |8. demoode [14] |
9. mamesso [33] |9. F2b [10] |9. Baofeng [15] |9. JooBra [18] |9. Dr.Bitcoin_Strange [24] |9. khaled0111 [11] |
10. MAAManda [32] |10. Becassine [9] |10. abel1337 [15] |10. FatFork [15] |10. Marykeller [24] |10. GxSTxV [9] |

Romanian |Indian |Greek |Polish |Pakistan* |Bangladesh* |
_____________________|_____________________|_____________________|_____________________|_____________________|_____________________|
1. GazetaBitcoin [78] |1. pakhitheboss [7] |1. cryptosize [80] |1. Tytanowy Janusz [26] |1. MusaPk [44] |1. Crypto Library [20] |
2. NeuroticFish [64] |2. sagarbansal21 [7] |2. BlackHatCoiner [48] |2. wwzsocki [19] |2. UmerIdrees [43] |2. tjtonmoy [17] |
3. PrivacyG [32] |3. Bitcoin Smith [6] |3. HmmMAA [35] |3. PawGo [11] |3. Gladitorcomeback [37] |3. LDL [15] |
4. saxydev [11] |4. avikz [4] |4. eli113 [16] |4. cygan [11] |4. WatChe [34] |4. Little Mouse [14] |
5. ltcrstrbrt [7] |5. elevates [4] |5. chek2fire [4] |5. pawel7777 [9] |5. ThemePen [30] |5. shasan [13] |
6. 3dOOm [4] |6. pawanjain [4] |6. baywatch10 [3] |6. zaq123x [6] |6. Hamza2424 [28] |6. OnZen [9] |
7. Rizzrack [4] |7. maxtra [3] |7. chrisvl [3] |7. Flangler1 [4] |7. Unknown Op [28] |7. Alamin9884 [5] |
8. 1miau [3] |8. BManole [1] |8. george_gr4 [3] |8. Irohim [2] |8. AnonBitCoiner [27] |8. sajeeb21 [5] |
9. grandman58 [3] |9. Cryptogames999 [1] |9. bmxakias [2] |9. stellars [2] |9. ZAINmalik75 [26] |9. Abdulkader765 [4] |
10. sciborg [2] |10. EXMON [1] |10. Anthrakorixos [1] |10. BTC_4_EVER [1] |10. shahzadafzal [16] |10. Theking001 [4] |
Activity: 644
Merit: 591
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
First of all thanks Rikafip for providing monthly Overview chart for all board. I want to bring this to your mind that we have updated our local monthly total posts, top 10 poster, merit overview and top merit sender in our local thread. I hope it will make your job little easier .
January 2023  Posts Detail(Pakistan)
January 2023  Merit Detail(Pakistan)
 You have own style of analysing and bringing some interesting comments below every charts which deserve to read it. We will also wait for your all local board data to check out our progress compare to other local board.
legendary

Hm I see 27 senders and 34 receivers on Merit Dashboard and the same numbers are in the monthly overview. Unless I am (again) missing something.

Sorry,
I meant merit/post ratio, but I guess it's due to the different in post counts.

I guess ninjastic.space has a better counting method, but @ddmrddmr dashboard has a simpler interface for what I intend to do!
legendary
Going deeper on the analysis I also noticed there is a big discrepancy also in he number of active users. While on ninjastic.space there were 54 active users, you reported 38 only.
Yet another fuck up I guess that I can't really explain. Anyway, all three charts (I had to sort merit/post chart as well since it was affected by a change of number of posts) have been updated with correct numbers and I appreciate letting me know.

Senders/receivers are off again agains ddmrddmr....
Hm I see 27 senders and 34 receivers on Merit Dashboard and the same numbers are in the monthly overview. Unless I am (again) missing something.

legendary

edit: for some reason ninjastic.space now shows 861 posts for Italian board during November. Since I doubt such difference was caused by some change in ninjastic.space, I guess I made a mistake and it will be sorted asap.

Thank you for the clear explanation, I should have already known.
Going deeper on the analysis I also noticed there is a big discrepancy also in he number of active users. While on ninjastic.space there were 54 active users, you reported 38 only.
Senders/receivers are off again agains ddmrddmr....
Do you have an explanation also for that?
legendary
One question I wanted to ask you last month, but I actually forgot. I have seen the number of post per local board diverging when compared from the results of @ddmrddmr dashboard. As per dashboard posts in the Italian board are 724 for both November and December, while per your report they are at 702 and 403 respectively.

Do you have any insight on this?
Ddmrddmr counts posts in his Merit Dashboard different from ninjastic.space and that's the cause of that difference. While ninjastic.space counts all posts written in certain timeframe (even those that got deleted later), Merit Dashboard counts posts based on difference between post number so if there's many deleted posts in certain period or if mods move them around, that can affect the total number of posts showed. He can give you a more detailed answer on this.

Russian board had big problems with that as their admins constantly deleted old posts causing Merit Dashboard being unreliable so I started using ninjastic.space instead. That tool is not perfect either as it shows inflated number (due counting deleted posts) but it give a clearer picture when it comes to boards with many posts deleted on the regular basis.

edit: for some reason ninjastic.space now shows 861 posts for Italian board during November. Since I doubt such difference was caused by some change in ninjastic.space, I guess I made a mistake and it will be sorted asap.
legendary
One question I wanted to ask you last month, but I actually forgot. I have seen the number of post per local board diverging when compared from the results of @ddmrddmr dashboard. As per dashboard posts in the Italian board are 724 for both November and December, while per your report they are at 902 and 499 respectively.

Do you have any insight on this?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
I was thinking more like 1-2 posts, 3-9 and 10+ but will play around a little bit more with it and in the meantime maybe someone else share their opinion.

I think the first scale 1-5 posts or 1-10 posts would be better. Since there must be many users who have only posted half a dozen times in the forum. So creating lots of small scales can become a lot of work.
Pages:
Jump to: