Pages:
Author

Topic: [CHARTS] Brief monthly overview of the local boards activity - page 9. (Read 18450 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
You can on the Merit/post tab of the Merit Dashboard; that is, bearing in mind the way I derive the number of posts per month on a given board (forum stats value difference between two snapshots). I've now added a new column on the Merit per Post tab called %MeritedPosts, that simply calculates the percentage based on data that was already there: nNetPosts (postcount) and nMeritedPosts (distinct merited posts).
Awesome, that's exactly what I needed and I can't believe that I forgot that it was already available in your Merit Dashbord after looking at it for years. Anyway, thanks a lot!

I used to do that, using your post number for consistency reasons, not using ninjastic tools for this.
I actually think I was the one originally asking to add that column on your dashboard I used to produce this graph:

Ripropongo il grafico della percentuale di post meritati su ogni board.

Fig. 12. Merited Post Ratio across local boards

Also in June the Romanian board was rocking!

Rather than an “horizontal” graph, I liked more the  to  “vertical” deep dove on the Italian board.
Something like this.

A questo punto, concentrandoci sulla board italiana, si può anche vedere come si è evoluta questa percentuale nella storia:

Fig. 13. Merited Post Ratio history for Italian board

Da qui si vede come l'ultimo mese sia riuscito a riprendere il buon trend positivo che avevamo facendo segnare un leggerissimo aumento. Significa che abbiamo raggiunto una sorta di equilibrio, ed oramai la quantità di post meritati è tutto sommato stabile. Speriamo bene per i prossimi mesi.

So, I reckon your graph is very interesting as well.
First hints:
  • amount of spam on each board
  • MS coverage of each board.
Activity: 770
Merit: 835
I would say that if it doesn't take up too much of your time during the process of drawing up your reports you could include it, the counting of the percentage of merits gives a more accurate overview of how the merits are spent on the forum and it is an excellent report
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
What do you guys think about this one and would you like to see it being added to the next month's overview as well?

If it's not something complicated and that will make you spend a lot more of your time. It looks like a good graph to me.
This allows you to understand a little better how merits are distributed.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
You can on the Merit/post tab of the Merit Dashboard; that is, bearing in mind the way I derive the number of posts per month on a given board (forum stats value difference between two snapshots). I've now added a new column on the Merit per Post tab called %MeritedPosts, that simply calculates the percentage based on data that was already there: nNetPosts (postcount) and nMeritedPosts (distinct merited posts).
Awesome, that's exactly what I needed and I can't believe that I forgot that it was already available in your Merit Dashbord after looking at it for years. Anyway, thanks a lot!

You can always just use the already existing nMeritedPosts column and divide it by the values obtained from Ninjastic, as I believe you do for the Merit/Post ratio.
Yep that's what I did, I used Merit Dashboard's number of merited posts and then ninjastic.space for total amount of posts to caluclate percentage.

Since I had some free time on my hands and it didn't take me much time, here is the test version of "percentage of merited posts per local board" as I thought it would be another interesting chart, to get a little bit clearer pciture of what's going on merit wise in local boards.

What do you guys think about this one and would you like to see it being added to the next month's overview as well?

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 10753
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
<…> is there a way to see percentage of merited posts during certain period on each (local) board?

You can always just use the already existing nMeritedPosts column and divide it by the values obtained from Ninjastic, as I believe you do for the Merit/Post ratio.

See:
https://public.tableau.com/views/BitcointalkMeritDashboard/MeritperPost?:language=es-ES&publish=yes&:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link
Activity: 1643
Merit: 683
LoyceV on the road. Or couch.
@DdmrDdmr, @TryNinja, @LoyceV (or anyone else for that matter) is there a way to see percentage of merited posts during certain period on each (local) board?
That would definitely be a good idea to add, meaning I can get away from the calculator a bit when it comes to percentageing how many posts benefit in a given period.
It's probably easiest to just read the total number of posts for the board on the forum, and then do it again the next time you want the data.
That gives the difference excluding deleted posts.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
Every once in a while we have a similar situation in our local board where inafmous troll and ban evader fxsurfer/antikvark/anthithesis (that is also known in the geenral part of the forum) comes to our local board and starts the same old bullshit story.
I wonder where he is. One would think it was a wonderful opportunity for him to tell us how useless bitcoin is and what a big scheme it is after the value fell from almost $30k down to $25k. Or when the Ordinals spam started clogging up the blockchain, causing hundreds of thousands of transactions to be unconfirmed. We have to wait some more for his return...
legendary
That would definitely be a good idea to add, meaning I can get away from the calculator a bit when it comes to percentageing how many posts benefit in a given period.
I am not sure I understood you correctly; does that mean you are actually manually counting posts in your local board that have been merited in order to get that percentage?

I guess it is doable if you are doing it for only one board, but there's no way in hell I would do it for 18 local boards. Thinking of it, I wouldn't even do it for my own local board lol.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094
@DdmrDdmr, @TryNinja, @LoyceV (or anyone else for that matter) is there a way to see percentage of merited posts during certain period on each (local) board?
legendary
He sits all day and provokes people to conflict and swearing, insulting the participants of the discussion for no reason in each post and talking in the style of I alone know everything, and you are all a herd of idiots. In terms of value for the locale, this member is of almost no use, and most of his posts are self-repetitions of the same fantasies of his about bitcoin religion and other schizophrenia that he broadcasts here every day.
Every once in a while we have a similar situation in our local board where inafmous troll and ban evader fxsurfer/antikvark/anthithesis (that is also known in the geenral part of the forum) comes to our local board and starts the same old bullshit story. Unfortunately some people can't resist answering his bullshit and he gets what he what trolls want the most and that is attention.

Almost no one communicates with him, and most users put him on the ignore list.
Unfortunately, all it takes are few members who will engage him.

Therefore, removing this strange case from the accounts, I congratulate @Smartprofit [308] who was very close to me.  Wink
Yes you are right, he is the 2nd while Ratimov was actually 3rd. I edited the post, thanks.

legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
I don't understand people like that who hate this place and its members, and keep going back only to remind everyone of those facts and tell them how much better they are.

The point is that he is someone who is very old on the forum, and knows where to move. Just create these alts to troll. Maybe you're bored and have nothing to do, or maybe you're upset with someone here on the forum and this was a way of showing your anger.

Anyway, in a very large community, it is normal from time to time for these people to appear.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
This is a troll and a ban evader, he has already managed to register more than 7 accounts, of which 5 were banned.
I guess his accounts are only active in the Russian local or possibly also in boards I don't visit because I don't remember ever seeing any posts of those accounts in the forums I frequent. He isn't even trying to hide the connection to his older accounts since he uses similar usernames as those that are already banned. I don't understand people like that who hate this place and its members, and keep going back only to remind everyone of those facts and tell them how much better they are.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
After quite some time we have anew name at the top, tw0.625 from Russian local board who wrote 458 posts (I have to say that i hear about him for the first time),

This is a troll and a ban evader, he has already managed to register more than 7 accounts, of which 5 were banned.

By chance, I also noticed the somewhat unusual volume for a user who has been on the forum for 1 month.
I was not aware of these details. But, with this information, these numbers now make sense. In due time, these types of users will take appropriate actions.

Therefore, removing this strange case from the accounts, I congratulate @Smartprofit [308] who was very close to me.  Wink
legendary
I think you are the only one having more time to do this kind of stuff when not on holiday, rather than when on holiday!
I had an extremely active and hectic holiday with lots of travelling around after which I feel like I need another vacation to rest so going back to my usual routine is actually relaxing compared to what I've been through last month or so.  Cheesy

Just admit the only thing that makes you get up in the morning is beating me every month on this!
C'mon man, I beat you fair and square! DdmrDdmr updated his Merit Dashboard week ago which gave you a plenty of time to beat me but I would lie if I say hat beating ou doesn't give me any pleasure.  Grin

I will publish my update soon, I just have to replace all the places where I wrote: “I will add the graph as soon as Rikafip stops slacking and sleeping and will finally publish his charts, presumably toward the very end of the month”. /j
Then we can expect your overview in no time!
Activity: 854
Merit: 1246
@Rikafip you are really trying to compile this data every month. This is one the great encouragement of local participation. I really like your data analysis. As you said in last month presentation that Nigeria will challenge Russia board and from what you presented today, I have seen it clear. Nigeria took fourth position in the "posts per local board" and took second position in the active members. This is wow! And I know that for the merit sharing or giving we are not found but trying on our little ways. Rikafip thanks for the update.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
Since summer vacation is (unfortunately) over, I have more time on my hands to release this month's overview (and beat fillippone Cheesy)
I think you are the only one having more time to do this kind of stuff when not on holiday, rather than when on holiday!
Just admit the only thing that makes you get up in the morning is beating me every month on this!
I will publish my update soon, I just have to replace all the places where I wrote: “I will add the graph as soon as Rikafip stops slacking and sleeping and will finally publish his charts, presumably toward the very end of the month”. /j
legendary
Since summer vacation is (unfortunately) over, I have more time on my hands to release this month's overview (and beat fillippone Cheesy) for August 2023 so here it is. As in previous monthly overviews, all charts and table are made using @DdmrDdmr Merit Dashboard and @TryNinja Ninjastic.space while images uploaded via joker_josue's TalkImg which he made specifically for bitcointalk use.

Communities marked with * (Pakistan and Bangladesh) don't have their own local boards but are included anyway with the hope that they get their own local board like Nigerian board did last year.

Post activity per local board during August 2023

During above mentioned period 17919 posts were made across 18 local boards and communities which is a decent improvement compared to month before during which 15864 posts were written (that makes it 13% increase). With summer coming to an end and people usually spending more time infront of their PC I hope for even better numbers in the next overview.

As usual, Russian board is far ahead the others, going over 6k posts this month (up from 5298), followed by Turkish board that remained pretty much the same in the terms of activity (2131 in July, 2176 in August) and German that also remained pretty much the same (1584-1611). This month Nigerian board managed to reach 4th spot with 1438 posts which is their record (up from 1174) and I expect them to continue with their growth, while Portuguese board closes top 5 with 1427 posts (up from 1112).

Among the least active local boards we see pretty much the same name like in the last few months: Greek, Romanian and Polish. Greek and Romanian used to be way more active at the beginning of the year (both hovering around ~200 posts in January 2023) and I have no idea what hapepned there so their activity dropped so much. Maybe someone from their local boards can shed some light? Anyway, hopefully that's just a bad period and they eventually recover.

Local Board post race

Animated local board post race chart, courtesy of bitmover.

Number of active members per local board during August 2023

As number of posts increased, no surprise that the same thing happened with the number of active posts: from 1301 active member in July, we went up to 1403 in August. Increase seems small at first, but since these numbers don't change as much as some other (percentage wise), this is actually pretty significant increase.

Yet again by far the most active one was Russian with 428 members that wrote at least one post (drop from 444 active members in July), followed by Nigerian that had 135 active members (up from 121 in July) and Indonesian with 124 (up from 109 during July). Top 5 close German (120, down from 125) and Turkish (117, up from 93).

Local board members per amount of posts during August 2023

When it comes to the percentage of members who wrote only 1 post in their board during above mentioned period, Greek is leader with 67%, followed Romanian (60%) and Indian (58%) local boards. At the same time, Pakistan has the lowest percebtage of those members (25%), followede by Turkish (26%) and Pilipinas (28%) local boards.

Regarding 2-9 posts bracked, Bangladesh is leader with 47%, followed by German (44%) and Indonesian (40%) local boards. Likewise, Croatian had the lowest percentage (15%) of such members, followed by Arabic (27%) and Portuguese (28%).

When it comes to 10+ posts bracket, Croatian board is leader with 55%, followed by Pakistan (43%) and Turkish (29%) local boards. At the same time, Greek local board had no members in that bracket al all, while Romanian had 10%, followed by Indian (14%) local board.

Merit shared per local board during August 2023

During August, 8360 merit was shared across 18 local boards which is an increase compared to month before (July 2023) during which 7769 merits were shared. Increase doesn;t seem big, but I will take it as a good sign as it is a continuance of a trend so hopefully we continue in the same manner.

Once again, German board managed to reach the top of the chart with 1865 merits (incerase from July and 1841), followed very closely by Russian local that shared 1813 merit during above mentioned period while (up from 1512 in July),  Turkish board managed to regain their 3rd spot (1003 merit) from Indonesian (780, down from 1149 during July) local board While Italian closes top 5 with 512 merit shared (very similar to July and 512 merit).  

As in previous months, srandard names are at the bottom: Greek, Romanian and Polish, which makes sense as they are the least active ones (not counting several dead boards that are not included in this overview).

Merit/Post ratio per local board for August 2023

Both number of posts and merit increased in a relatively similar amount so generally speaking there is no big difference in the matter of merit/post ratio compared to previous period (July 2023).

Once again German board had the highest merit/post ratio (and this unusual increase can be seen by the huge difference between their August and 12 month period number). followed by Spanish 9that is back to their suual ratio after last month lower number) and Arabic board, while Italian is not too far behind them and Indonesian closes top 5 this month.

While its no surprise that Greek board is at the bottom due their lack of activity, several very active boards should have high ratio (Pilipinas, Portuguese, Nigerian) could imho use few more merit sources.

Merit senders and receivers per local board during August 2023

Nothing much to say about this chart other than it follows the amount of merit shared, in order to show which boards have more members active in merit system compared to their overall amount of shared merit. As usual, two names stick out: Pilipinas and Nigerian board whihc sould also indicate need for more merit sources.

Merit per transaction across local boards during August 2023

Last in this series of chart (and ther latest addition) merit per transaction that gives a little bit more insight into local boards merit habits. Its no surprise to see that local boards with the highest merit/post ratio also (more or less)  have highest merit/tx ratio as well.

The most active members per local board during August 2023

Last but not the least in this month's overview, top 10 active members for 18 local boards and communities hoping to get their own local board. After quite some time we have a new name at the top, tw0.625 from Russian local board who wrote 458 posts (I have to say that I hear about him for the first time), followed by the usual name at the top joker_josue who despite writing even more posts (311) than last month finsihed 2nd, while another member from Russian local Smartprofit ended up 3rd with also respectable 308 posts. Kudos guys, keep it up!

Russian |German |Turkish |Italian |Portuguese |Spanish |
_________________|_________________|_________________|_________________|_________________|_________________|
1. tw0.625 [458] |1. Turbartuluk [162] |1. mandown [147] |1. Ale88 [88] |1. joker_josue [311] |1. DdmrDdmr [83] |
2. Smartprofit [308] |2. bullrun2020bro [109] |2. totti67 [136] |2. babo [86] |2. darkv0rt3x [179] |2. famososMuertos [52] |
3. Ratimov [249] |3. bct_ail [103] |3. Phoenix Anka [96] |3. fillippone [67] |3. Paredao [148] |3. Hispo [43] |
4. Julien_Olynpic [196] |4. willi9974 [94] |4. Gencecikmen [95] |4. giammangiato [51] |4. TryNinja [117] |4. Porfirii [30] |
5. jokers10 [195] |5. 1miau [84] |5. ZekiBeyy [88] |5. Lillominato89 [49] |5. bitmover [117] |5. Don Pedro Dinero [18] |
6. klarki [173] |6. cygan [80] |6. kriminall [84] |6. bastisisca [39] |6. tg88 [107] |6. seoincorporation [18] |
7. The0ldl_lser [150] |7. Lakai01 [77] |7. Dzigie [70] |7. Plutosky [26] |7. sabotag3x [103] |7. Artemis3 [17] |
8. Snork1979 [147] |8. Buchi-88 [67] |8. Silence Scream [68] |8. conilmionome [17] |8. Disruptivas [85] |8. darxiaomi [16] |
9. fruktik [120] |9. Real-Duke [61] |9. MK-74 [67] |9. duesoldi [17] |9. rdluffy [78] |9. Cuenta Alternativa [13] |
10. bonfire66 [110] |10. sam00 [52] |10. SUPERSAIAN [60] |10. bitbollo [14] |10. Lucasgabd [48] |10. Drawesome [11] |

Indonesian |French |Pilipinas |Croatian |Nigerian |Arabic |
_________________|__________________________|_________________|_____________________|_____________________|_________________|
1. Husna QA [65] |1. Danydee [40] |1. bhadz [90] |1. slackovic [47] |1. Charles-Tim [140] |1. Nalain420 [59] |
2. masulum [53] |2. patrickus [31] |2. blockman [46] |2. Rikafip [39] |2. Sim_card [67] |2. Kavelj22 [53] |
3. Sarah Azhari [50] |3. Melja [26] |3. chrisculanag [46] |3. cryptofrka [35] |3. Mate2237 [56] |3. yhiaali3 [41] |
4. Chikito [48] |4. GrosWesh [25] |4. dothebeats [43] |4. Pmalek [23] |4. Agbe [55] |4. khaled0111 [27] |
5. Luzin [40] |5. LeGaulois [25] |5. serjent05 [37] |5. BitGoba [22] |5. CryptoHeadlineNews [49] |5. Trawda [26] |
6. mu_enrico [39] |6. Saint-loup [25] |6. bisdak40 [29] |6. Trofo [19] |6. Gozie51 [44] |6. Ulven [20] |
7. blue Snow [33] |7. F2b [20] |7. abel1337 [27] |7. dkbit98 [18] |7. CryptSafe [41] |7. mikeywith [18] |
8. komisariatku [31] |8. Joan of Arc official [18] |8. Fredomago [24] |8. casperBGD [14] |8. Wiwo [41] |8. GxSTxV [16] |
9. zaim7413 [31] |9. iwantmyhomepaidwithbtc2 [17] |9. Baofeng [22] |9. FatFork [13] |9. Nwada001 [36] |9. albon [9] |
10. abhiseshakana [30] |10. Halab [10] |10. Botnake [21] |10. SirJohnVonSlotty [12] |10. sokani [33] |10. arabspaceship123 [5] |

Polish |Indian |Greek |Romanian |Pakistan* |Bangladesh* |
_________________|_________________|_________________|_________________|_________________|_________________|
1. Tytanowy Janusz [24] |1. Bitcoin Smith [40] |1. BlackHatCoiner [3] |1. GazetaBitcoin [13] |1. Faisal2202 [66] |1. Learn Bitcoin [46] |
2. cygan [21] |2. elevates [26] |2. cryptosize [3] |2. NeuroticFish [4] |2. Gladitorcomeback [50] |2. DYING_S0UL [43] |
3. wwzsocki [16] |3. pakhitheboss [25] |3. Coinakias777 [2] |3. Rizzrack [2] |3. UmerIdrees [46] |3. Bitcoin_people [27] |
4. pawel7777 [10] |4. pawanjain [15] |4. MrCrypto72 [2] |4. UniJoin [2] |4. JunaidAzizi [39] |4. 2Pizza410000BTC [26] |
5. Radek4921 [5] |5. Bureau [12] |5. perixit [2] |5. OldCat [1] |5. Hamza2424 [37] |5. Bd officer [24] |
6. FantasticPangolin705 [3] |6. teosanru [7] |6. Adrisenod [1] |6. VKBIT [1] |6. Compromise me [36] |6. LDL [16] |
7. Flangler1 [2] |7. cafter [6] |7. AntonisLak [1] |7. blacky90 [1] |7. ZAINmalik75 [29] |7. Lion02 [14] |
8. Masturko [2] |8. avikz [5] |8. BITSAFECARD [1] |8. heikediler [1] |8. MusaPk [28] |8. Shishir99 [14] |
9. YOUR_BALANCE [2] |9. Olimp2009 [4] |9. Ganxserrio [1] |9. im0rtel [1] |9. ThemePen [28] |9. Z_MBFM [14] |
10. fillippone [2] |10. libert19 [4] |10. HmmMAA [1] |10. jeanpernos [1] |10. Cheema02 [23] |10. Little Mouse [13] |
Activity: 2408
Merit: 564
Just went back few months ago to being active here in the forum and glad to see that I am the most active in our local. Thanks for the stats and data rikafip. I hope that other of our countrymen will be also back and active again and support our local board.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1246
Tbh I expected to see Nigerian board climbing up the ladder once you got the local board because its obvious how many active members you have. Who knows, if you continue like that maybe one day you'll even challenge Russian board that has been by far the most active local board (at least since I started making these overviews 3 and a half years ago).
 Grin challenging Russian Board is possible but over taking them is not possible, they are just like the giant of all the local boards in the forum. They have more Merit Sources and they have a lot of active members. So they are always on top of the chart with a very large margin to others. When Nigeria board got her Merit Sources and Moderators then things will change to better. Even as that we can't compete with Russia.
legendary
The percentage of posts made on local boards to the total post is instead more or less stable, and this is a good sign!
An interesting chart, and expected in terms of local boards following forum in general. What's noticeable though is that local boards are more prone to sudden changes in the ratio which is kinda expected too as all you need is few local board merit sources being less active to mess up the ratio.

This is awesome. Thank you @Rikafip great work. I was not thinking that Nigeria Local Board would take 5th post per local board, and "Active Members in each local board, Nigeria took 3rd with 121
Tbh I expected to see Nigerian board climbing up the ladder once you got the local board because its obvious how many active members you have. Who knows, if you continue like that maybe one day you'll even challenge Russian board that has been by far the most active local board (at least since I started making these overviews 3 and a half years ago).

We are having a few problems on the Italian board: we had a few “bad motnhs” and apparently we are not able to get back to our usual levels, as many active poster simply are now less active and the newcomers weren't able to get the flow going.
If its any consolation, majority of local boards have the same issues so you are not alone there, just compare the numbers from two years ago and from the latest overview.
Pages:
Jump to: