Pages:
Author

Topic: Chinese New Year? - page 2. (Read 1368 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 10
YOUC - www.youengine.io
March 04, 2018, 11:26:30 PM
Now chinese new year has already ended about half month ago.
looks like not much effect on bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies after that.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
March 04, 2018, 10:10:59 PM
Chinese New Year can only have positive effect to cryptocurrency.
One primary reason is that Chinese people gather together during Spring Festival.
More people will get to know crypto because of this.

That's very far-fetched. I've seen Chinese New Year many times and they strictly follow their traditions and most of the time, they pray to their dead loved ones and ancestors so crypto has no room for that occassion.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 04, 2018, 10:08:43 PM
Let me tell you that time has proven everything. Now that the Chinese New Year is over, the price of bitcoin has slowly risen.
Activity: 392
Merit: 152
March 04, 2018, 09:46:52 PM
Chinese New Year can only have positive effect to cryptocurrency.
One primary reason is that Chinese people gather together during Spring Festival.
More people will get to know crypto because of this.
Activity: 280
March 04, 2018, 04:18:11 PM
Only new investors can cashout money for festivals etc, its not possible for wise investor who has invested in a long term, cashing out money for shopping. Most of investors are investing in crypto for long term which means its spare money for them and not from every day use.
Yes, probably you are right. A professional investor will not withdraw money before the holidays in order to buy gifts. But it seems to me that the share of professional investors in the market is not so great, therefore, not professional investors can significantly influence the price by their actions.  Wink
There is no accurate data on how much of the total number of investors occupy professionals, this is facilitated by the fact that crypto currencies are anonymous. But in any case, the proportion of non-professionals is large enough to influence the price of crypto currencies, so the price of coins before the holidays is often reduced.
Activity: 238
March 03, 2018, 05:41:12 AM
Only new investors can cashout money for festivals etc, its not possible for wise investor who has invested in a long term, cashing out money for shopping. Most of investors are investing in crypto for long term which means its spare money for them and not from every day use.
Yes, probably you are right. A professional investor will not withdraw money before the holidays in order to buy gifts. But it seems to me that the share of professional investors in the market is not so great, therefore, not professional investors can significantly influence the price by their actions.  Wink
Activity: 294
Merit: 3
February 28, 2018, 05:43:35 AM
Activity: 308
February 28, 2018, 05:28:04 AM
That's interesting and I am not aware with this news. It actually got a point, most of the Chinese crypto investors will definitely get their funds to celebrate Chinese new year, just like what happen this Christmas and New year (even not Chinese). This will be a good  entry point to grab those tokens and coins at its lowest price. We have to keep an eye with the market closely.
I just honestly don’t see investors being like let me cash out my investments to fund New Years festivities. It seems like a ridiculous idea to me. People are in crypto for money and adoption of the tech and I don’t see a holiday regardless of the magnitude getting in the way of that.
I agree, it's like some kind of fiction or justification for reducing the price of coins. The reasons for the decrease or increase in the price of crypto currency are more complicated, you can not write off everything only for holidays.  Wink
Activity: 198
February 25, 2018, 05:03:00 PM
That's interesting and I am not aware with this news. It actually got a point, most of the Chinese crypto investors will definitely get their funds to celebrate Chinese new year, just like what happen this Christmas and New year (even not Chinese). This will be a good  entry point to grab those tokens and coins at its lowest price. We have to keep an eye with the market closely.
I just honestly don’t see investors being like let me cash out my investments to fund New Years festivities. It seems like a ridiculous idea to me. People are in crypto for money and adoption of the tech and I don’t see a holiday regardless of the magnitude getting in the way of that.
Activity: 119
February 21, 2018, 10:56:14 AM
I bought some also but they haven't increased until now Cheesy still keeping hope with my choices.
Activity: 261
Merit: 2
February 21, 2018, 10:22:15 AM
Due to Chinese new year the price of coin falls down and it is high time to buy at low price because after that it will give you high profit.
Activity: 168
February 20, 2018, 10:38:49 PM
Yeah, I'm also expecting that and its a great opportunity to buy at a very low price. I think this quarter is the time of buying. Its quite sad but we need to hold until the best price to sell.
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY
February 14, 2018, 12:35:10 PM
Let's think logically. Chinese New Year does not herald a fall in prices. The Chinese New Year is the reason for the fall in trading volumes and only. And the growth / fall in prices from this can not depend.
Activity: 476
February 14, 2018, 04:38:00 AM
Such moments need to wait. Nobody knows what can happen during the Chinese New Year. Good news can come out and then you will sit with the fiat and grieve. So don't panic and everything will grow at times.
Activity: 126
February 13, 2018, 10:48:47 PM
I think people will cash out during last week until 22nd February
After that, things will going back to normal
Activity: 168
February 13, 2018, 10:40:10 PM
That most of the drop in the value of Bitcoin and the alts is already baked in. I would be shocked to see a further decline with the Chinese New Year this year but I guess we should never rule anything out
Activity: 476
February 13, 2018, 08:08:34 PM
Yes. We should expect a big decrease in value during this Chinese New Year. I've been preparing myself for this event to come as I have been advise and also I read a lot of opinions in this forum about Chinese New Year. I also bought lot of coins and enjoying the feeling to buy lots of coins as the value decreases at this time.
Activity: 140
Merit: 8
February 13, 2018, 08:04:45 PM
Chinese new year is on Friday, February 16 and will last until the 21st. I think we might see things pumping again and reaching their ath again after the 21st when most people return from vacation. Not sure if things will remain stable or we have another dip from the 16 to the 21. I would have some fiat ready in case things dip again.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
February 13, 2018, 07:49:17 PM
Well it's in 3 days now. So it's interesting to see if it will fall again, I'm planning to buy if so.

Anyone planning on selling beforehand?
I don't plan on selling until I see it back at $15,000. There's no harm in waiting so I'll let the Chinese New Year pass and see what's about to happen after the celebration is done. There are too many beliefs that Chinese people needs to do that's connected on how to become wealthier and prosperous throughout the entire year. And they will buy more bitcoin as they have a belief that the more you'll have for the entire time, you will become wealthy until the end of the year and this will be done on repetition.

I am totally with you pal, I too do not plan on selling anytime soon. At least not until I reach the realistic desired profit I have set and have been expecting for this year. Although I am completely on a loss right now, I am still buying whenever I get the chance to do so and if my financial state lets me to. I have been looking at the past years of the cryptos and I think I saw a pattern. Although I am not assuring I am right, but if I am right, I sure am on the way to hitting the jackpot. Lol. Anyways, hope that we both are making the right decisions and succeed. Smiley
There's nothing to lose if I'll be calm and wait for the price to recover right? I'm still on a profit right now even the price gets stable at $8,000. This is still a good price for me though but I've seen throughout the window that bitcoin can expand more and I need to wait for that time to come so for now there's only one thing that I'm thinking on doing and that is the legendary method of "HODLING". No regret with this decision as I took profit before when it was even lower.
Activity: 448
February 13, 2018, 12:10:52 PM
Who owns the information and can tell how strongly the Chinese New Year affects the market? when do they plan to get their money back?
Pages:
Jump to: