Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 103. (Read 2145043 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
September 29, 2017, 06:34:24 AM
Thoughts on implementing cryptonight merged mining with your miner?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
September 29, 2017, 06:14:20 AM
Hey claymore lets tell us whats the speed for vega 56 and 64

I don't OC GPUs and use stock bios, don't enable HBCC, etc, so I get low speeds. For example, I see 1140H/s for stock Vega64.
That's bad. You'll see 2-thread gain with HBCC only ((( HBCC can be enabled easy with blockchain drivers. But if you have Frontier - that is a problem ))

For HBCC enabled with Vega56 or Vega64 be sure you have enough virtual memory, make clean uninstall of drivers (I used amd utiity), install blockchain drivers again, you will see HBCC slider in Gaming section

Hmm, Vega56 shows about 1400H/s in stock. So it seems Vega56 is faster than Vega64 for my PoW implementation. I really need more time to find the reason, so I will release new version in several hours and then will spend more time for Vega.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
September 29, 2017, 05:08:30 AM
Waiting 24h so long  Grin
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
September 29, 2017, 04:17:38 AM
Finally I have fixed the bug with Vega.
New version will be available within 24 hours.
Also I will reduce devfee and it will be executed once an hour, similar to dual and zec miners.

Will/can you optimize this miner for baffin?  You got nice increases for those cards on the zec and the dual miner.

Pretty please?  Grin

I support this too, as monero is becoming more interesting after recent increase in ETH difficulty

Also needed is support for OC/voltage/fans for newer than 17.7.1 drivers
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
September 28, 2017, 04:07:22 PM
I haven't installed the blockchain drivers yet what is the comparison from what some ppl say you only gain a few mh but uses more power is this true just asking I"m thinking of switching also what gpu utilities work best
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
September 28, 2017, 04:06:49 PM

What is the expected speed for Vega? Can't wait )))

It's just a bit faster than sgminer in my tests, my be you will get different results. The problem of this PoW is in GPU memory, so all tricks don't help much.

To get full Vega speed you need HBCC enabled and 2 or more threads with total memory usage ascending to the upper limit.
Will hope your miner let us configure threads and intensities. We need do break 2kh/s wall ))

I use different approach, so I get best speed in a single thread, two threads have same speed.
I did not try HBCC yet since I test everything on blockchain drivers and I don't see any dialogs with settings at all.

@Claymore :  You need 16gigs of ram for the HBCC slider to be enabled in amd settings, under global settings.  Blockchain drivers work fine.  xmr-stak-amd gets 1900hs with 2 threads, freq -30%, memory @ 945.  Fans must be set to at least 3250 or more for memory to get adequate cooling, even if core temp is cool.
edit:  win10
Activity: 51
Merit: 2
September 28, 2017, 03:14:36 PM
i don't get it why everybody wants dual miner dual miner, well if you want to mine 2 or more coins at the same time, then run 1 miner for 1 and a second miner for the other.

it is not that easy
Activity: 9
September 28, 2017, 03:08:54 PM
Finally I have fixed the bug with Vega.
New version will be available within 24 hours.
Also I will reduce devfee and it will be executed once an hour, similar to dual and zec miners.

Will/can you optimize this miner for baffin?  You got nice increases for those cards on the zec and the dual miner.

Pretty please?  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
September 28, 2017, 03:07:10 PM

I don't OC GPUs and use stock bios, don't enable HBCC, etc, so I get low speeds. For example, I see 1140H/s for stock Vega64.
That's bad. You'll see 2-thread gain with HBCC only ((( HBCC can be enabled easy with blockchain drivers. But if you have Frontier - that is a problem ))

For HBCC enabled with Vega56 or Vega64 be sure you have enough virtual memory, make clean uninstall of drivers (I used amd utiity), install blockchain drivers again, you will see HBCC slider in Gaming section

Yeah I use "amdcleanuputility", then install "Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23". And I don't have control panel for GPU settings at all. Manually started "RadeonSettings.exe" shows errors about missed QT libs, copying them don't help, it shows another error, etc.
Probably I need to reinstall Windows, but I don't have time for that right now. I remember a day when I used Windows7 and could not find "Gaming Mode" button, spent at least half a day and then found that this button is in Windows10 only, for some unknown reason... Don't want to spend another day like that.

So I guess you will have something to say to your AMD friends when you meet )))))))))))))))))
Activity: 57
September 28, 2017, 03:06:36 PM
I use hashing for RX 540. I dispersed them. It works stable at speed 29680 Mh/s Ethereum + 874.961 Mh/s Decred in the mode of dual mining.

RX540 is low level card, are you sure? It has 8 computing unuts and 128bit memory instead of 32 in RX570 or 36 in RX580 (both with 256bit memory). How could it do so? It sounds like a magic and mystery.
Activity: 729
Merit: 513
September 28, 2017, 03:05:39 PM
Only in Win10 you can enable HBCC with blockchain drivers...
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
September 28, 2017, 03:05:39 PM
i don't get it why everybody wants dual miner dual miner, well if you want to mine 2 or more coins at the same time, then run 1 miner for 1 and a second miner for the other.
donator
Miners developer
September 28, 2017, 03:00:47 PM

Yeah I use "amdcleanuputility", then install "Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23". And I don't have control panel for GPU settings at all. Manually started "RadeonSettings.exe" shows errors about missed QT libs, copying them don't help, it shows another error, etc.
Probably I need to reinstall Windows, but I don't have time for that right now. I remember a day when I used Windows7 and could not find "Gaming Mode" button, spent at least half a day and then found that this button is in Windows10 only, for some unknown reason... Don't want to spend another day like that.
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk
September 28, 2017, 02:45:01 PM
I use hashing for RX 540. I dispersed them. It works stable at speed 29680 Mh/s Ethereum + 874.961 Mh/s Decred in the mode of dual mining. I do not know a lot or not but this is my stats. I can't say that in dual mode mining greatly increases the income but 20% plus.
Wrong thread
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
September 28, 2017, 02:39:56 PM
I use hashing for RX 540. I dispersed them. It works stable at speed 29680 Mh/s Ethereum + 874.961 Mh/s Decred in the mode of dual mining. I do not know a lot or not but this is my stats. I can't say that in dual mode mining greatly increases the income but 20% plus.
legendary
September 28, 2017, 02:31:57 PM

donator
Miners developer
September 28, 2017, 02:21:23 PM

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
September 28, 2017, 02:01:42 PM
donator
Miners developer
September 28, 2017, 01:56:31 PM

It's just a bit faster than sgminer in my tests, my be you will get different results. The problem of this PoW is in GPU memory, so all tricks don't help much.

To get full Vega speed you need HBCC enabled and 2 or more threads with total memory usage ascending to the upper limit.
Will hope your miner let us configure threads and intensities. We need do break 2kh/s wall ))

I use different approach, so I get best speed in a single thread, two threads have same speed.
I did not try HBCC yet since I test everything on blockchain drivers and I don't see any dialogs with settings at all.
legendary
September 28, 2017, 01:37:02 PM

Jump to: