Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 105. (Read 2145043 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk
September 27, 2017, 10:27:02 AM
No nvidia love. Sadly is refreshed my mining farm and own no amd. I am sure I am not the only one.

Not my fault you've put all your eggs in one basket, I still keep my 7990's which kick any recent nvidia's ass on cryptonight with 4 year old tech.
Activity: 512
Merit: 260
September 27, 2017, 10:23:55 AM
No nvidia love. Sadly is refreshed my mining farm and own no amd. I am sure I am not the only one.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
September 27, 2017, 10:12:01 AM
Hey guys,

Haven't seen anything about performance of RX480's on this thread. Is it worth mining with them or better to mine Ethereum with dual miner V10?

Any monero pools people can recommend? Trying to make sure I don't end up in some scam pool... Is anyone using Cryptonote with NiceHash to convert to bitcoins?

Many thanks,

Hi,

i've been using this site for GPU stats on different coins, it is user populated and was started about a month ago. it would be great if more of us added in our performances with various cards to have a deeper pool of data.

https://gpustats.com/

also you can use this link for monero pool info. i personally use mineXMR.com decent returns on my gimpy rigs, a dual HD6870 1gb doing about 245 hs each and a core duo 8500k doing about 60hs.

http://moneropools.com/

hope this helps.
 regards
Masikai
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046
September 27, 2017, 03:49:16 AM
Hi, Claymore.
Is there a nVidia version in project (for Ubuntu users) ?
If not, can you write in the title "... for AMD" : each time, i forgot than nVidia is not supported :-).
Activity: 46
September 27, 2017, 03:42:30 AM
Hey guys,

Haven't seen anything about performance of RX480's on this thread. Is it worth mining with them or better to mine Ethereum with dual miner V10?

Any monero pools people can recommend? Trying to make sure I don't end up in some scam pool... Is anyone using Cryptonote with NiceHash to convert to bitcoins?

Many thanks,
Activity: 1
September 26, 2017, 08:59:15 PM
Been mining for a month with no problems, see that last night my miner stopped mining. Reboot the PC and open Claymores miner again and the window instantly closes. Anyone experienced this before or knows what's causing it?

Check and see if win10 updated your drivers..  that's a nasty gotcha...    still i say reinstall them either way.

Windows defender started flagging as a virus and removed your exe file. My son did the same thing. I had to run around and whitelist it.
Activity: 16
September 26, 2017, 06:58:15 PM
Been mining for a month with no problems, see that last night my miner stopped mining. Reboot the PC and open Claymores miner again and the window instantly closes. Anyone experienced this before or knows what's causing it?

Check and see if win10 updated your drivers..  that's a nasty gotcha...    still i say reinstall them either way.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
September 26, 2017, 04:36:09 PM
Hey bros, I am new to this miners. I have googled for GPU miner software and got this. This is successfully running but I don't know where it have threshold limit for the payment and where I can add my wallet address for the payment. Moreover I does not understand what coin it is mining with my 4 pc core and GPU.

You may try to mine XMR (Cryptonight) on your CPU, for best results it should support AES and have large L3 cache. the miners need 2MB per thread for optimal results on this algo.  As for the GPU you could try ZEC as it's probably the easiest one to setup.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
September 26, 2017, 02:56:59 PM
@Claymore wait for your update to test on vega  Grin

Currently I'm stuck on Vega support, trying to fix some weird bugs I found in assembler, so it seems it will take a couple of days more than I expected.
Maybe you release new version for all cards except Vega? And after will work on Vega support? We'll test new version at that time...

Nhoooo waaay. I want vega support : )
I'm understand you. But if all ready for other cards why don't release it and continue working on vega support?

It takes me almost a day to build and test new version, so it will be slower if I have to do it twice. But I will do it if I cannot fix the bug within two days.
Oh, ok. If so make it better way.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
September 26, 2017, 02:36:18 PM

Currently I'm stuck on Vega support, trying to fix some weird bugs I found in assembler, so it seems it will take a couple of days more than I expected.
Maybe you release new version for all cards except Vega? And after will work on Vega support? We'll test new version at that time...

I'm understand you. But if all ready for other cards why don't release it and continue working on vega support?

It takes me almost a day to build and test new version, so it will be slower if I have to do it twice. But I will do it if I cannot fix the bug within two days.
September 26, 2017, 02:17:23 PM

Activity: 84
September 26, 2017, 02:06:52 PM
@Claymore wait for your update to test on vega  Grin

September 26, 2017, 01:28:40 PM

Activity: 574
Merit: 261
September 26, 2017, 11:03:33 AM

Could you please share rawintensity, worksize, etc. I get only 720 h/s with sgminer on rx 580
rawintensity 896
worksize 8
g 2

sorry noob question, could you post your bat files, please?
i'm having troubles in my sgminer-GM.

thank you

This is what I use.
Note: I'm not sure if "setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1" is really needed.

Using the above suggested settings I get Monero to go from 4700 h/s (using Claymore) to 5300 h/s (using sgminer 5.5.5), with a drop in power usage by about 100Watts.
But... this only works on my 6*RX480 rig, the other rig I have is a mix of 3*RX580 & 3*RX480 and if I set "-g 2" then the hashrate, of whatever card selected, drops by 50% - go figure ?

Code:
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

sgminer -k cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://europe.monero.miningpoolhub.com:20580 -u monolith.r01 -p x --rawintensity 896 -w 8 -g 2
pause

You can set intensity, work, -g for each card individually.
e.g.

Code:
sgminer -k cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://europe.monero.miningpoolhub.com:20580 -u monolith.r01 -p x --rawintensity 256,896,896,896,896,896 -w 4,8,8,8,8,8 -g 1,2,2,2,2,2
pause

EDIT: Fixed the "50% bug" by installing the AMD Blockchain drivers. The 6*RX480 rig already had these drivers installed, the other rig had the 17.7.1 drivers installed. This rig now increased hashrate from 4600 h/s to 5000 h/s - a little bit more tweaking may get some more hash out of it.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 26, 2017, 10:49:22 AM
Activity: 212
Merit: 12
September 26, 2017, 10:47:21 AM
... it seems it will take a couple of days more than I expected.

Hope you will be able to support Vega properly with the new version of miner Smiley
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
September 26, 2017, 09:55:53 AM

Activity: 158
Merit: 10
September 26, 2017, 09:28:11 AM
Activity: 3
September 26, 2017, 09:20:29 AM

Could you please share rawintensity, worksize, etc. I get only 720 h/s with sgminer on rx 580
rawintensity 896
worksize 8
g 2

sorry noob question, could you post your bat files, please?
i'm having troubles in my sgminer-GM.

thank you
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
September 26, 2017, 12:58:08 AM

rawintensity 896
worksize 8
g 2
Jump to: