Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 106. (Read 2145043 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
September 25, 2017, 09:11:29 PM

Could you please share rawintensity, worksize, etc. I get only 720 h/s with sgminer on rx 580
Activity: 4
September 25, 2017, 09:02:22 PM
is a new version in development? this one is not good at all vs sgminer...

my hashrate

claymore 9.7 4700h/s -> 700watts from the wall

sgminer 5.5 5500h/s -> 650watts from the wall

would love to use claymore miner but for now sgminer is more profitable Cheesy

6*rx580 8gb

mind to share your settings in SGminer?
rawintensity, worksize, or anything else you use.

I'd like to know this too, as I find Claymore gives more h/s than sgminer on my 6*RX480 8GB Rig. I guess it must be the intensity that is the key, but I find increasing intensity on sgminer can be a bit fiddly and causes the rig to crash.

Could you please share rawintensity, worksize, etc. I get only 720 h/s with sgminer on rx 580
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
September 25, 2017, 07:16:27 PM

my hashrate

6*rx580 8gb

I'd like to know this too, as I find Claymore gives more h/s than sgminer on my 6*RX480 8GB Rig. I guess it must be the intensity that is the key, but I find increasing intensity on sgminer can be a bit fiddly and causes the rig to crash.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
September 25, 2017, 05:42:34 PM
Hey bros, I am new to this miners. I have googled for GPU miner software and got this. This is successfully running but I don't know where it have threshold limit for the payment and where I can add my wallet address for the payment. Moreover I does not understand what coin it is mining with my 4 pc core and GPU.

Sounds like you may need to take up golf as your hobby...
Activity: 100
September 25, 2017, 05:41:20 PM

my hashrate

6*rx580 8gb

Claymore has announced he will release a new version in a few days.  This version is somewhat unstable with newer cards and Claymore is rewriting the miner to take advantage of some of his more recent developments with other miners.  Give him a few days to release it and then the evaluations begin.
Activity: 25
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
September 25, 2017, 04:09:15 PM

my hashrate

6*rx580 8gb

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
September 25, 2017, 03:59:42 PM
Activity: 19
September 25, 2017, 03:30:31 PM

my hashrate

6*rx580 8gb

It will be interesting if you will post another result of your test with new upcoming version Claymore
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
September 25, 2017, 03:03:16 PM

my hashrate

6*rx580 8gb
Activity: 924
Merit: 512
September 25, 2017, 02:39:24 PM
Hey bros, I am new to this miners. I have googled for GPU miner software and got this. This is successfully running but I don't know where it have threshold limit for the payment and where I can add my wallet address for the payment. Moreover I does not understand what coin it is mining with my 4 pc core and GPU.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
September 25, 2017, 02:33:29 PM
I still have to fix batch files at least once a week. True it was worse a few months ago ...

uhh... sorry.. me feeling clueless now.. why would you do that? and what exactly was "worse a few months ago"?
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
September 25, 2017, 12:26:32 PM
@Claymore will you release new miner today?

New version is almost ready, I will release it in 1-2 days.

Great, your hard work is appreciated.

Kewl, looking forward to the new release - I'm eager to test it out.
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
September 25, 2017, 10:02:42 AM
Am I the only one around here just waiting for claymores new CryptoNote miner to see how good it is ?  The are other free miners you can use, which get great speeds, sgminer, heck even w0lf's miner....

What is this crap about default address.  You do realize if there isnt a default address, people wouldn't know what format the put the address in ?  How the hell can you mine to a default address anyway ?  you download the program, run it, and expect cryptocurrency to magically appear in your hands ?  Scratching my head here.

Careful, fr4nk..., too much logic and you might actually make sense to some here.   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
September 25, 2017, 09:25:11 AM
Am I the only one around here just waiting for claymores new CryptoNote miner to see how good it is ?  The are other free miners you can use, which get great speeds, sgminer, heck even w0lf's miner....

What is this crap about default address.  You do realize if there isnt a default address, people wouldn't know what format the put the address in ?  How the hell can you mine to a default address anyway ?  you download the program, run it, and expect cryptocurrency to magically appear in your hands ?  Scratching my head here.
Activity: 81
September 25, 2017, 09:23:27 AM
@Claymore will you release new miner today?

New version is almost ready, I will release it in 1-2 days.

Great, your hard work is appreciated.
Activity: 578
Merit: 508
September 25, 2017, 08:12:05 AM
In today's crypto mining, concern over being ripped off by default wallet address is so not a problem.

well that was a clueless comment. I still have to fix batch files at least once a week. True it was worse a few months ago but that is still not a reason to leave your own address there even if you are the dev.
ps: Im really gone now

If you are legitimately reporting your income, then mining to a default wallet may not be a scam, why?

A new mining system is a capital asset. Capital assets, especially PC stuff can have aggressive write off schedules. Not only are capital assets written off, BUT the expense in terms of time and effort GETTING a capital asset into production/working can be written off. The money lost to to a default wallet getting up a new miner is a part of this expense.

Not reporting your miner income?

As some guy said, he who is without sin, let them cast the first stone.
Activity: 224
September 25, 2017, 07:46:57 AM
Hi claymore,
i sent an message to you.
did u read it ?  Huh
regards

Yes, yesterday, if you check your private messages you will find it. If you cannot find it, please check again, "My messages" text at the top.

PS. For everyone (newbies specially) who mine to default wallet address in the miner for some reason:
Some people mine to this address sometimes, by accident or when they test my miner with default settings to check if it works, all my test rigs mine to it all the time too.
Please do not contact me directly with requests to return your coins, I cannot do it because I don't know if these coins are really yours or you are trying to cheat.
Instead, ask your pool support to contact me via PM on this forum (all popular pools have accounts here and I know them) and confirm that it is your coins, after it I will return it immediately.
I will not comment the idea to mine to default wallet, but please read Readme and find the phrase "Do not forget to specify your wallet address!" there, it will save some time for everyone.

In today's crypto mining, concern over being ripped off by default wallet address is so not a problem.

well that was a clueless comment. I still have to fix batch files at least once a week. True it was worse a few months ago but that is still not a reason to leave your own address there even if you are the dev.
ps: Im really gone now
Activity: 224
September 25, 2017, 07:44:46 AM
this miner should've been updated a long time ago, so I could "justifiably" call Claymore a thief as well... cause it won't be appropriate while using SGminer...I guess

Seriously though I think his business model of dev fees and closed source works fine as long as he's giving the highest returns. (I doubt the unconditional love of "Calymore's fans") It makes miners happy for getting the best rates and it makes him work hard to get the best performance.

Also whenever you want to accuse anyone of being anything, be very careful your wishful thinking just may be sufficient enough to make it so.

I always said he deserves money for his work, but 1% (or 2% in this case) is insane. I could deal with these ridiculous fees because I had a choice, but the real "thief" part is him leaving his address in batch files so noobs will mine for him without knowing it. This is a really cheap shot IMO. But he is not alone, plenty of other devs do the same.

The motto: "I can do what ever I want because people are suckers" shows a lot about his personality considering 1- He is really stealing mining time from noobs and he obviously never gave anything to the people who worked on the open source code he uses.

In the programming world, when you use open source code, you really should give back something in return. Claymore just takes.

Anyway, I wont hijack this thread anymore.

And remember, plenty of other miners are available.
Activity: 578
Merit: 508
September 25, 2017, 07:38:12 AM
Hi claymore,
i sent an message to you.
did u read it ?  Huh
regards

Yes, yesterday, if you check your private messages you will find it. If you cannot find it, please check again, "My messages" text at the top.

PS. For everyone (newbies specially) who mine to default wallet address in the miner for some reason:
Some people mine to this address sometimes, by accident or when they test my miner with default settings to check if it works, all my test rigs mine to it all the time too.
Please do not contact me directly with requests to return your coins, I cannot do it because I don't know if these coins are really yours or you are trying to cheat.
Instead, ask your pool support to contact me via PM on this forum (all popular pools have accounts here and I know them) and confirm that it is your coins, after it I will return it immediately.
I will not comment the idea to mine to default wallet, but please read Readme and find the phrase "Do not forget to specify your wallet address!" there, it will save some time for everyone.

FWIW, I have mined to many pool's and every CM default wallet. Especially in 2013, with the user friendly mining software at the time, any working miner command line saved several hours getting a rig change up. Accidentally mining to a default wallet for any length of time, could also be used as a rough indication of the robustness of a particular setup.

My number one existential mining concern is how much community approbation is enough to use a new miner or mining utility software? Miners depend on the community of "superusers" who have the ability  to sniff out mining malware. A recent example of this is that someone pointed out a new mining software was sending back user info to the "developer".

Forum moderators are constantly trying to make people aware of the various malware vectors. etc etc.

People have lost thousands due to the equipment sales scam of the day. At this moment, there is probably one person a week who has sent money off into the ether trying to get a non BITMAIN L3+ or a D3 and find that the seller doesn't exist. Wallets have been hacked for big bucks.

In today's crypto mining, concern over being ripped off by a default wallet address is so not a problem.

Jump to: