Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 104. (Read 2145043 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
September 28, 2017, 01:30:56 PM
My prediction is 1600 hs for vega64 dual minning  Wink
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
September 28, 2017, 01:29:25 PM
Finally I have fixed the bug with Vega.
New version will be available within 24 hours.
Also I will reduce devfee and it will be executed once an hour, similar to dual and zec miners.

Linux will get an update as well? Or holding back on it for now?

Yes I will release Linux version too. Though Vega won't work in Linux, currently I don't support ROCm drivers.

What is the expected speed for Vega? Can't wait )))

It's just a bit faster than sgminer in my tests, may be you will get different results. The problem of this PoW is in GPU memory, so all tricks don't help much.
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
September 28, 2017, 01:20:58 PM
Also I will reduce devfee and it will be executed once an hour, similar to dual and zec miners.

Yes I will release Linux version too. Though Vega won't work in Linux, currently I don't support ROCm drivers.

What is the expected speed for Vega? Can't wait )))
donator
Miners developer
September 28, 2017, 01:17:15 PM

@Claymore Nice Smiley  . is there any chance to dual mine XMR with other coin ?.. Thanks for your developing efforts

Yes it is possible technically, but requires some efforts to implement it properly.
Activity: 51
Merit: 2
September 28, 2017, 12:53:33 PM

@Claymore Nice Smiley  . is there any chance to dual mine XMR with other coin ?.. Thanks for your developing efforts
donator
Miners developer
September 28, 2017, 12:47:25 PM

Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk
September 28, 2017, 12:45:45 PM

donator
Miners developer
September 28, 2017, 12:44:27 PM
donator
Miners developer
September 28, 2017, 12:43:28 PM
... I do not understand why many write "thank you for the work," "it will not be easy" and that kind of crap ...  Undecided

If we use the program from mr. Claymore  and do not specify the "-nofee 1" option, we become mr. Claymore's clients and pay him a 2% fee (ex. SSL conn...etc).
I think Mr. Claymore should tell us "thank you" ...? Right?  Huh

I, as an active mr. Claymor's client, have a number of questions for mr. Claymore:
1. How to verify the reliability of 2% of your rewards? Real indicators are 10% or even 15%. The information is taken from the number of allocated shares on the pool and the indicators of the miner.
2. Why when I specify the option "-nofee 1" does your program report that some optimizations are disabled? And how does disabling optimizations relate to your reward? Why?
3. How does the "-h" parameter affect performance? Your measurements, recomendations?
4.  Comments on the following message when your program is running:
cannot find block data:
{"id":4,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":null,"error":{"code":-1,"message":"Lowdifficultyshare"}}
cannot convert blob data
How does this affect performance? Is the action accepted?
5. Will there be comments to the comparisons of the performance of your miner and  other's?
Yes, we have to thank him for is great work. With his miner I get a 10% higher hashrate on some cards. Donating him 2% gives me still 8% more profit. You don't have to use his miner! Just be a dick, take the stak miner source code, remove the fees and compile it yourself.
As already explained, it's not 2% of the shares, it's 2% of your mining time. Take a stopwatch and measure the time, the miner uses for dev-fees and the time it's mining for you.
...be a dick?
Excuse me, I did not go on insults ...

At the expense of time or shares ... think about it - 2% of the time gives a reduction of shares at 10..15% ... funny you.

The questions are clearly not for you.
Questions on the merits.

Your questions are not new, all of them.

1. It's a very good idea to read FAQ in the first post of this thread. If you really think that I take 10-15% of your hashrate - don't use my miners. If you want to share this "news" here: show some proofs at least, the miner writes detailed log file and you can examine it if you have some basic knowledge about pool mining.
2. Because my miner is not free. If you want me to lose 100% earnings from you, I want you to lose a few percents of your earnings too. You always can use open-source miners if you think that you will earn more or if they are more convenient for you.
3. Miner selects best "-h" value automatically. If you think that you can find better value, you can try to do it.
4. The reason depends on pool, may be it was stale share, or GPU found solution incorrectly, you can find more details in the log file. You lost this share anyway.
5. I don't understand why you wait these comparisons from me, you should do it yourself to find the best miner for you.
September 28, 2017, 12:26:37 PM
if a results good - no problem for this 2% fee
but last results on Claymore is poor from other minning soft Sad
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
September 28, 2017, 12:20:35 PM
... I do not understand why many write "thank you for the work," "it will not be easy" and that kind of crap ...  Undecided

If we use the program from mr. Claymore  and do not specify the "-nofee 1" option, we become mr. Claymore's clients and pay him a 2% fee (ex. SSL conn...etc).

I, as an active mr. Claymor's client, have a number of questions for mr. Claymore:
1. How to verify the reliability of 2% of your rewards? Real indicators are 10% or even 15%. The information is taken from the number of allocated shares on the pool and the indicators of the miner.
2. Why when I specify the option "-nofee 1" does your program report that some optimizations are disabled? And how does disabling optimizations relate to your reward? Why?
3. How does the "-h" parameter affect performance? Your measurements, recomendations?
cannot find block data:
{"id":4,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":null,"error":{"code":-1,"message":"Lowdifficultyshare"}}
cannot convert blob data
5. Will there be comments to the comparisons of the performance of your miner and  other's?
Yes, we have to thank him for is great work. With his miner I get a 10% higher hashrate on some cards. Donating him 2% gives me still 8% more profit. You don't have to use his miner! Just be a dick, take the stak miner source code, remove the fees and compile it yourself.
As already explained, it's not 2% of the shares, it's 2% of your mining time. Take a stopwatch and measure the time, the miner uses for dev-fees and the time it's mining for you.
...be a dick?
Excuse me, I did not go on insults ...

At the expense of time or shares ... think about it - 2% of the time gives a reduction of shares at 10..15% ... funny you.

The questions are clearly not for you.
Questions on the merits.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046
September 28, 2017, 11:35:06 AM
Hi, Claymore.
Is there a nVidia version in project (for Ubuntu users) ?
If not, can you write in the title "... for AMD" : each time, i forgot than nVidia is not supported :-).
You have add the "AMD" mention in the title : thank you Claymore for this precision ;-).

I have no AMD GPUs, but if one day you want make a nVidia Cryptonote version ;-).
Activity: 51
Merit: 2
September 28, 2017, 11:27:47 AM
Anyone here complain about fees should find another miner . end of story .
Activity: 1
September 28, 2017, 11:13:35 AM

cannot find block data:
cannot convert blob data
September 28, 2017, 08:40:17 AM

cannot find block data:
cannot convert blob data

Dev fee is with stratum difficulty 50000, says so when you start the miner, if you're mining on a pool with different stratum difficulty of course you'll get major variance in share count and the fee would appear to be 10-15%. However you need to be accustomed to the most basic aspects of mining in order to make such accusations.

Can you distinguish between the concept of prosecution and questions?
Where exactly is the description of the complexity of reparation?
There is a concept of 2%. Right?
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk
September 28, 2017, 08:19:43 AM

cannot find block data:
cannot convert blob data

Dev fee is with stratum difficulty 50000, says so when you start the miner, if you're mining on a pool with different stratum difficulty of course you'll get major variance in share count and the fee would appear to be 10-15%. However you need to be accustomed to the most basic aspects of mining in order to make such accusations.
September 28, 2017, 07:55:55 AM

cannot find block data:
cannot convert blob data
September 28, 2017, 02:41:19 AM
You release new version???
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
September 27, 2017, 05:58:00 PM
Hey guys,

Haven't seen anything about performance of RX480's on this thread. Is it worth mining with them or better to mine Ethereum with dual miner V10?

Any monero pools people can recommend? Trying to make sure I don't end up in some scam pool... Is anyone using Cryptonote with NiceHash to convert to bitcoins?

Many thanks,

On my, Bios modded, Asus Strix RX480's I get 1000 h/s (+/- a few hash) mining Monero with SGminer 5.5.5.
(other RX480's give me between 700-800 h/s).
I get good results from Mining Pool Hub..
https://miningpoolhub.com/

Wow 1k, those cards cost as much as a 1080ti if you can even find a seller. As much as I hate MSI you'll get 800 H/s on their cards for under $300.

BTW now is the time to buy Radeons not when XMR is $800... You'll be mining ZEC and salt with NVIDIA if you wait.  Wink
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
September 27, 2017, 04:59:51 PM
Hey guys,

Haven't seen anything about performance of RX480's on this thread. Is it worth mining with them or better to mine Ethereum with dual miner V10?

Any monero pools people can recommend? Trying to make sure I don't end up in some scam pool... Is anyone using Cryptonote with NiceHash to convert to bitcoins?

Many thanks,

On my, Bios modded, Asus Strix RX480's I get 1000 h/s (+/- a few hash) mining Monero with SGminer 5.5.5.
(other RX480's give me between 700-800 h/s).
I get good results from Mining Pool Hub..
https://miningpoolhub.com/
Jump to: