Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 55. (Read 2145043 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
December 24, 2017, 03:53:58 PM

Have a look at the first page in this thread there are a couple of examples for the *.bat file which might help. I'm not sure but the Minergate setting may be for an older version of this miner.
I'd use one of the pools in the given examples (such as Mining Pool Hub - good support) rather than Minergate as it's had some bad press over it's actual hashrates versus what you get.

-------
Thanks for your feedback. I took your advice and just got rid of anything Minergate altogether and being using Mining Pool Hub. I'm getting closer!

So, now I'm at the point where I'm connected to the pool and new jobs are coming in. The miner acknowledges my card (Processor: AMD A6-5400K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3600 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)), yet the error messages, "No ASM Binary found for GPU 0," and "OpenCL Error 0 #101/101A: Cannot create GPU memory buffer." And I have no hash rate at all.

http://prntscr.com/hrtp6v

I've increased my virtual memory to 16GB and, from my research today, my AMD processor should work just fine. I saw a recommendation to download/install Catalyst v15.12 as a possible solution.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Activity: 675
Merit: 100
December 24, 2017, 03:05:41 PM
I am seeing a nearly 10% jump in hash rate on my RX 570 rigs for version 11 compared to version 10.  Not sure about power usage but I don't think it changed much if at all (and who cares for that kind of jump in hash rate).  Now to see if that actually translates to hash rate gain at the pool.

Anyone else seeing this kind of improvement with version 11?
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
December 24, 2017, 02:23:08 PM
Hey ya'll. My name's Shane.

I'm just now getting started with mining Monero; I followed this guide (https://99bitcoins.com/how-to-mine-monero-beginners-guide-mining/) to a T, but am having one, I believe, minor issue that I would like to get resolved with the help of you great folks.

So obviously, I created the account with Minergate and downloaded their recommended "kit" for me. The Windows app crashes on opening, but from what I've read, that doesn't seem to be a problem--I should still be able to mine using the following steps in the tutorial, and still be able to check my "earnings" on the Minergate website. (If I am wrong about this, please let me know.)

I then went to this page (https://minergate.com/altminers/claymore-gpu) and downloaded the applicable Miner (the "XMR" one, 2nd from the top), which I was told to paste into the folder of the Claymore miner, and open the mining app by clicking it.

Continuing on, I went to the Mega website and downloaded the ZIP files for the various miners. I imagine using the newest version is the best, so I have the "Claymore CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.0 - POOL" prioritized. I do have one AMD card available.

So, after pasting the .bat file from two paragraphs above into the folder the miner is in, I opened the miner by clicking the .bat file. It opens fine, and gives me the specifications, etc., but then it says that I have to input one valid mining pol in the -xpool (config?) file.

From the tutorial I linked above, the pool should have been specified by the .bat file. Regardless, I went ahead and copied the address into the config file, but still, to no avail. I've tried a few different pool address (valid ones, at that), yet it's still giving me the same error message: something along the lines of, "you have to enter a valid pool address in the -xpool line."

Did I screw up somewhere? What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance. I greatly appreciate it.
-Shane

Have a look at the first page in this thread there are a couple of examples for the *.bat file which might help. I'm not sure but the Minergate setting may be for an older version of this miner.
I'd use one of the pools in the given examples (such as Mining Pool Hub - good support) rather than Minergate as it's had some bad press over it's actual hashrates versus what you get.
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
December 24, 2017, 09:52:50 AM
New version is working beautifully with my pitifully old HD7950 cards. Averaging something in the region of 500 H/s per card. Nice work Claymore  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
December 24, 2017, 03:47:42 AM
http://prntscr.com/hrl5km

why only this?
 rx 480 and 470  4gb and 8gb sctock, no mod. problem?

That's how fast unmodified cards go.
Activity: 3
December 24, 2017, 12:42:43 AM
Hey ya'll. My name's Shane.

I'm just now getting started with mining Monero; I followed this guide (https://99bitcoins.com/how-to-mine-monero-beginners-guide-mining/) to a T, but am having one, I believe, minor issue that I would like to get resolved with the help of you great folks.

So obviously, I created the account with Minergate and downloaded their recommended "kit" for me. The Windows app crashes on opening, but from what I've read, that doesn't seem to be a problem--I should still be able to mine using the following steps in the tutorial, and still be able to check my "earnings" on the Minergate website. (If I am wrong about this, please let me know.)

I then went to this page (https://minergate.com/altminers/claymore-gpu) and downloaded the applicable Miner (the "XMR" one, 2nd from the top), which I was told to paste into the folder of the Claymore miner, and open the mining app by clicking it.

Continuing on, I went to the Mega website and downloaded the ZIP files for the various miners. I imagine using the newest version is the best, so I have the "Claymore CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.0 - POOL" prioritized. I do have one AMD card available.

So, after pasting the .bat file from two paragraphs above into the folder the miner is in, I opened the miner by clicking the .bat file. It opens fine, and gives me the specifications, etc., but then it says that I have to input one valid mining pol in the -xpool (config?) file.

From the tutorial I linked above, the pool should have been specified by the .bat file. Regardless, I went ahead and copied the address into the config file, but still, to no avail. I've tried a few different pool address (valid ones, at that), yet it's still giving me the same error message: something along the lines of, "you have to enter a valid pool address in the -xpool line."

Did I screw up somewhere? What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance. I greatly appreciate it.
-Shane

Activity: 379
Merit: 250
December 23, 2017, 08:47:49 PM
http://prntscr.com/hrl5km

why only this?
 rx 480 and 470  4gb and 8gb sctock, no mod. problem?
Activity: 15
December 23, 2017, 06:46:32 PM
Hi! I'm using Claymore's GPU Miner v9.7, running it on Win 7, 64bit.
When I get my share rejected (which happens on average once in a 24 hours) by the miner, it seems it doesn't attemp any reconnection. I have to press "s" in the command line window and only then it reconnects.

How can I make it do that automatically? I've read the "Readme!!!.txt" and miner's github docs, but there's nothing about it. Thanks.

Do you try automatic time-based miner reboot? I prefer to run miner no longer then 180 minutes without reboot, else you can expect various issues.
The option in config.txt

- r 180

Thanks, "-r" option did the job it seems: I've set it to 15 minutes and after another single rejected share the miner proceeded to reconnect without my input.
Activity: 33
December 23, 2017, 06:38:56 PM
Dear all
i need command line to mine BCN  i use old version 9.7 with old line as

NsGpuCNMiner -o stratum+tcp://bcn.pool.minergate.com:45550 -u [email protected] -p xxxx

but when i use it in new version i cant mine and miner closed
Activity: 1
December 23, 2017, 01:16:01 PM
First post.  I just started mining Eth last week and decided to start mining Etn last night.  My rig was super stable using Claymore's Dual Miner v10.2 running 179.5mh/s @ 785 wall wattage with 6x RX 580 Sapphire Pulse 8gb.  For some reason using Claymore's Cryptonight v11.0 my rig keeps restarting randomly every 20 minutes or so, and I can't figure out why.  I started with the same undervolt and overclocks.  I tried increasing my -cvddc and -mvddc, but that hasn't helped.   I've checked the log files and can't find any useful error messages.  I have -dbg 1 set in start.bat, but it doesn't seem to make any difference in the logs.  I don't even know if I'm looking in the right place for error messages.

Could it be that the same GPU tuning isn't playing nice with Cryptonight algo?  Right now my start.bat is set -cclock 1150 -cvddc 900 -mvddc 950 (for Eth I was using -cclock 1150 -cvddc 850 -mvddc 900 and it was stable).  I'm using MSI AB for memory OCs, each card individually ranging from 2160 to 2250.  I haven't changed these settings since the switch.  When running I'm getting around 5,300 H/s and roughly 680w at the wall.  

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Activity: 45
December 23, 2017, 11:02:25 AM
also for me work with incresed speed on all card but rx550, that does not work at all
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
December 23, 2017, 05:23:04 AM
Version 11 was really good.

The speed increased in all my rigs around 300 to 500 h / s on average. (RX 4xx, 5xx)

Stability has also improved.
Activity: 45
December 23, 2017, 03:58:58 AM
my rx550 cards doesn't work in versions 10 + , th minr start and show hashrate 0. win 10 1079
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
December 22, 2017, 09:30:11 PM
Claymore' miners readme always says use "Catalyst v15.12" for best hashrates.  Is that still the case today? I had always just assumed that was old stuff to be ignored, but is there some magical improvement with using that old driver?
Activity: 206
December 22, 2017, 09:13:23 PM
Worth to test it on vega ?

Some did but didn't share their settings. Interesting to see

1830  on vega 56.

-dmem 0
- h 3520

[Profile_0]
Name=Vega56
GPU_P0=852;800
GPU_P1=991;900
GPU_P2=1138;950
GPU_P3=1269;1000
GPU_P4=1312;1050
GPU_P5=1474;1100
GPU_P6=1212;905
GPU_P7=1407;950
Mem_P0=167;800
Mem_P1=500;800
Mem_P2=700;900
Mem_P3=950;900
Fan_Min=3500
Fan_Max=4900
Fan_Target=75
Fan_Acoustic=2400
Power_Temp=85
Power_Target=0
Thank you for sharing.
I was also able to get, around 1810/20 using your settings  (-dmem 0, - h 3520) on the config file.
Although in my case the H/s are a sometime oscillating below 1800. using 4 vegas ( 1x64 and 3x56 with mod bios 64) power tables 1100Mhz.

I have not used Claymore for more than an hour, but If it is reliable at 1800 Hs, it may be worth it.
I normally use Cast and sometime STAK, but they are not reliable, and despite reaching 1950/2000 H/s easily, they crash often enough to bring the day average H/s rates well below 1800. So....
For STAK or Cast, I have all the batch settings to restart the software every 30/40 minutes or to reboot the PC if they crash. It mitigate the issues, yet what a pain and again it bring the day average below 1800 per card.... not mentioning the time it took to get all up and running. Also Cast and STAK out of the box they reach "only" 1800H/s, to get around 2000 it takes quite some tweaks.

With this Claymore software, I was up and running in about 10/15 minutes, including the time to browse this forum and find your settings.
I use Claymore for Ethereum on another rig and it works for days without interruptions 44Mhs on Vegas and 31Mhs on RX 580, and again I was up and running at the max speed within minutes.

Cheers!
Activity: 239
Merit: 10
December 22, 2017, 06:03:40 PM
When I get my share rejected (which happens on average once in a 24 hours) by the miner, it seems it doesn't attemp any reconnection. I have to press "s" in the command line window and only then it reconnects.

How can I make it do that automatically? I've read the "Readme!!!.txt" and miner's github docs, but there's nothing about it. Thanks.

Do you try automatic time-based miner reboot? I prefer to run miner no longer then 180 minutes without reboot, else you can expect various issues.
The option in config.txt

- r 180
Activity: 2
December 22, 2017, 04:29:45 PM
Hi all,

Is it also possible to mine ETN with claymore within ethos? I tried so many configurations but cannot get claymore to work in my ethos config... is there somebody who's got it working! Would be really nice! Thanks!
Activity: 15
December 22, 2017, 01:11:25 PM

Activity: 788
Merit: 100
December 22, 2017, 12:54:36 PM
RX 570
Mem Clock : 2000 MHz
Core Clock : 1100 MHz
Under Voltage : -100 mV

v.10.1 : 778 H/s
v.11.0 : 870 H/s

I think i got good hashrate ( same with Cast-XMR ) , now i tested for 1 day, if stable, i'll report the result, if not i'll change to version 10.1
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
December 22, 2017, 10:04:27 AM
This software is better for the older cards like Tahiti and Pitcairn if you wanted to mine other coins like ETN

Because with newer version like v10, you sometimes got like 20% rejects with older cards and had to use v9.6

The v9.6 however didn't let you mine coins like ETN. With V11 it seems fixed, the speeds are the same however.

Tahiti cards with Hynix memory get max like 650 H/s.

I've a Sapphire R9 270x 4GB, Pitcairn/Hynix (with modded BIOS), and Claymore's v11 gives a respectable 450 h/s mining Electroneum.
Pages:
Jump to: