Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 9. (Read 2144940 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Do you know any pool that supports v8 so I can test new version?

I cant vouch for any of these but I found this list on the monero mining reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wownero/comments/9kq3vy/confirmed_pools_updated_for_cryptonight_variant_2/

Big thank you for updating your miner!!
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Do you know any pool that supports v8 so I can test new version?
Activity: 296
want too
Activity: 64
+1
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
I think our only alternative is XRP-STAK if you got the older GPUs unless Claymore decides to rewrite the algo for XMR.

Problem with XMR-STAK is that I can't get it to work properly. Basically I get horrible speeds with XMR V7 and when I add more threads, it basically crashes the rig entirely to the point where you need to do a cold reboot.

Seems it works better with the RX series and Vega's but the Radeon 7970/280X it runs horrible. Its either due to the DAG thrashing with the 3GB memory or maybe due to me not having enough system memory.
Have you tried any of these miners: SRBminer and XMRig? I've read that SRBminer is good for R9 390's. I tested it on my main computer with default settings 580 and it crashed the system so hard, that for awhile even BIOS logo wasn't displayed. Thankfully, I have some experience with overclocking my CPU and I know that the mobo can restart 10-20 times until the voltages are adjusted, so I didn't panick (much). I am afraid to test my rigs now, since I have not enough time to battle the crashes, but here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3167363.2220 are reported some nice results for CNheavy.

I've had this issue but it was with the older GPUs like the Radeon 7970. Basically it either runs for a few minutes or instanely crashes and you need to basically do a cold power cycle because you can't even TeamViewer into the machine. And sometimes it messed up the OS and you need to attach a computer, monitor and mouse to get it back to the original state.

So wondering if there is any software that is functional and decent speed with these GPUs, if not most likely going to just sell the 7970/280X on Craiglist because it seems many algos aren't worth mining with these old GPUs anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1852
Merit: 2841
All good things to those who wait
I think our only alternative is XRP-STAK if you got the older GPUs unless Claymore decides to rewrite the algo for XMR.

Problem with XMR-STAK is that I can't get it to work properly. Basically I get horrible speeds with XMR V7 and when I add more threads, it basically crashes the rig entirely to the point where you need to do a cold reboot.

Seems it works better with the RX series and Vega's but the Radeon 7970/280X it runs horrible. Its either due to the DAG thrashing with the 3GB memory or maybe due to me not having enough system memory.
Have you tried any of these miners: SRBminer and XMRig? I've read that SRBminer is good for R9 390's. I tested it on my main computer with default settings 580 and it crashed the system so hard, that for awhile even BIOS logo wasn't displayed. Thankfully, I have some experience with overclocking my CPU and I know that the mobo can restart 10-20 times until the voltages are adjusted, so I didn't panick (much). I am afraid to test my rigs now, since I have not enough time to battle the crashes, but here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3167363.2220 are reported some nice results for CNheavy.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

Activity: 12
Merit: 2
+1
Activity: 130
Merit: 11
Activity: 17
Mr Claymore, please update this miner, with fee, and add support of v8

+1

+1
Activity: 392
Merit: 5
I have at last got 8 x 280's mining Monero.  I am getting about 450h/s out of them.  Is this about right or should I be able to squeeze a little more out of them?  

Also I have been mining on supportxmr for over 5 hours now and still showing nil balance on total due... is this correct? does anyone know how often this updates?

thanks

I got a bunch of these also. And depending on the memory type, your core engine clock and memory clock, you should get close to 600h/s.

With a Hynix R9 280X ASUS 3GB, I get 600H/s.

Basically undervolt to 0.950V, set core to 1000 and memory to 1500 and you should get like 597H/s or so. Uses like 130 Watts or so.

Not worth overclocking because the speed isn't beneficaial.

This is pretty much the only algo worth mining with these old old GPUs.

You had any issue with undervolting? I'm mining Cryptonight with R9 280x but never tried to undervolt

I use my 7970 on cryptonight v7 with undervolting to 1000mv and 925Mhz core, memory by default (1375). With claymore 1.13 get only 450 H/s
Activity: 11
Mr Claymore, please update this miner, with fee, and add support of v8

+1
Activity: 10
Monero will change PoW algorithm to CryptoNight variant 2 on October 18th !!! please update new version !!!
Pages:
Jump to: