Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 7. (Read 2144940 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Ok I can test pow8 now. But note that I does not guarantee that I will release new version or that I will do it before upcoming fork, this is free miner now and I'm not going to add any fees again, so check other miners, there are many of them.

I guess i shut down the rigs on oct.18 until no update to pow8, dont care to mess around with others. Fee is the least problem, most of us pay it gladly for this fine miner.
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Is it possible to mine with Claymore's miner other coin with v7 algo that won't fork? I've read V8 is 20% more power demanding.
Hashrate is aprox the same only a bit lower and power consumption is like 10-15% higher I would say, maybe 20% on some GPUs.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guideamdnvidiacpuxmrhow-to-mine-moneroryo-miners-downloads-2126975
I've posted list of updated miners for V8, list need to be updated, but I'm currently on vacation so I will do it later.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
But I get 20% lower hashrate with SRBMiner and 2 and 3Gb 270x and 280x, than Claymore. Sad
Claymore, add fee to miner. We need it.

Yes I am glad I wasn't the only one experiencing issues with SRBMiner with the older GPUs. Basically I tried to get it stable and couldn't. Then I finally managed to make it run, but the speed was much lower than Claymore so I just gave up.

I think it would be easy to use it on the newer GPUs but with the older ones there are too many issues. I suspect one of the reasons is due to the AMD drivers. The older GPUs usually run better on older drivers and vice versa. However the miners aren't as stable with the older AMD drivers as they should be and lead to these issues.
legendary
Activity: 1852
Merit: 2841
All good things to those who wait
Is it possible to mine with Claymore's miner other coin with v7 algo that won't fork? I've read V8 is 20% more power demanding.
Activity: 47
Merit: 2
Ok I can test pow8 now. But note that I does not guarantee that I will release new version or that I will do it before upcoming fork, this is free miner now and I'm not going to add any fees again, so check other miners, there are many of them.

Yes take your time. I'll probably power-off my old AMD gpus (7970/280x/290) and wait until then.

I tried the other softwares and couldn't get them to work property. All my GPUs are undervolted, memory straps modified and when running a new miner it almost always causes stability issues. And since we are only talking about a few cents a day of profits, not worth the headache, unless there is another Crypto boom in the near future.

I think its finally the end for the Tahiti based GPUs.
I hear you on the 280/290 I can never get the same hashrates I get with claymore I wish he would put the fee back on and add the other forks

Claymore please don't let Tahiti based GPUs "be killed" I want pay the fee if is needed.
Activity: 906
Merit: 507

Yes take your time. I'll probably power-off my old AMD gpus (7970/280x/290) and wait until then.

I tried the other softwares and couldn't get them to work property. All my GPUs are undervolted, memory straps modified and when running a new miner it almost always causes stability issues. And since we are only talking about a few cents a day of profits, not worth the headache, unless there is another Crypto boom in the near future.

I hear you on the 280/290 I can never get the same hashrates I get with claymore I wish he would put the fee back on and add the other forks
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
But I get 20% lower hashrate with SRBMiner and 2 and 3Gb 270x and 280x, than Claymore. Sad
Claymore, add fee to miner. We need it.
Activity: 52
Hi
   Claymore as i didnt know  what you were doing with this miner i have tried several other miners and firstly i find them a lot harder to set up than your miners  and secondly i cannot get the same speeds as i do with your miner   with your miner i hash at 840 h/s
with others it can be as low  as 690 h/s  so will be really happy if you upgrade your miner to use the new v8 alog will you be doing the cpu version as well as for no fee  tbh  i would rather you place it back and keep the support up  as i dont know your plans and tbh nothing to do with me  would like to see you continue with your miners and perhaps  a new one if something good comes out
 i must say many thanks for your miners as ive been using them for prolly 2 years or more i like that they are simple for me to set
up and your continued supports of them  and they do kick the other miners arses.
You can use my guide, I've updated miners that comes with Monero v8 support
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guideamdnvidiacpuxmrhow-to-mine-moneroryo-miners-downloads-2126975
Here you can find config settings
https://mining-bios.eu/guides-and-miners/cryptonight-xmrryoxhvaeon-mining-guides-and-miners-configs/
Do any of those miners work with older tahiti and fury cards?

SRBMiner
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Hi
   Claymore as i didnt know  what you were doing with this miner i have tried several other miners and firstly i find them a lot harder to set up than your miners  and secondly i cannot get the same speeds as i do with your miner   with your miner i hash at 840 h/s
with others it can be as low  as 690 h/s  so will be really happy if you upgrade your miner to use the new v8 alog will you be doing the cpu version as well as for no fee  tbh  i would rather you place it back and keep the support up  as i dont know your plans and tbh nothing to do with me  would like to see you continue with your miners and perhaps  a new one if something good comes out
 i must say many thanks for your miners as ive been using them for prolly 2 years or more i like that they are simple for me to set
up and your continued supports of them  and they do kick the other miners arses.
https://mining-bios.eu/guides-and-miners/cryptonight-xmrryoxhvaeon-mining-guides-and-miners-configs/
Do any of those miners work with older tahiti and fury cards?
Activity: 28
Claymore maybe you will add bittubev2 algo support to it?  Roll Eyes

many thanks!
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Hi
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1405
Tested 2x vega56.

- v7 2x2050H/s SrbMiner v1.6.8 - 335W from wall
- v8 2x1950H/s SrbMiner v1.6.8 - 380W from wall

both on same gpu settings.

there goes the profitability, I am at the limit with cost dfe energy that I have.
Activity: 129
Merit: 10
Hi

Activity: 95
I would love to continue to use claymore with my 6 rx570.
Its the best service on my opinion. I bet many people out there agree with me. No problem on pay a fee off course.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Please update Claymore 11.3 for Cryptonote. It is much more reliable and we receive much better hashrates from it. WE will pay a fee. Cryptonight is a much better project to support than anything taken over by the ETH monopoly. It is geared towards Satoshi's principles of decentralization and leaving the networks security to the Public. V8 is going to enhance the security of GPU mining and allow other optimized computers ((other than ASICs) to co exist.

Sincerely,

Coin Forge, LLC

P.s. What a  destructive year to the community it has been.

True on all counts, claymore needs to get off his millionare ass. and either open the fucking source so others can take over development of the cn development or implement v8 changes.

Activity: 848
Merit: 500
From what I heard from the developers. This newer algo will use a little more electricity and produce less hashrate as before.

It will make ASICs obsolete and will make FGPA more on par with GPUs.
Tested 2x vega56.

- v7 2x2050H/s SrbMiner v1.6.8 - 335W from wall
- v8 2x1950H/s SrbMiner v1.6.8 - 380W from wall

both on same gpu settings.

Activity: 7
Please update Claymore 11.3 for Cryptonote. It is much more reliable and we receive much better hashrates from it. WE will pay a fee. Cryptonight is a much better project to support than anything taken over by the ETH monopoly. It is geared towards Satoshi's principles of decentralization and leaving the networks security to the Public. V8 is going to enhance the security of GPU mining and allow other optimized computers ((other than ASICs) to co exist.

Sincerely,

Coin Forge, LLC

P.s. What a  destructive year to the community it has been.
Activity: 70
Asus RX 560 2Gb (elpida)
Alogo - CN-V7
Claymore's miner - 495 h/s
SRBMiner 1.6.8 - 526 h/s
http://scrin.org/i/18/10/20181013220409.png
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

Activity: 12
Merit: 2

Thanks for your effort in advance - would be very nice to have an updated version of this miner, in my opinion your mining software is better than all the others.

Sad that you are not planning to continue the development in a matter like before, I would be happy to contribute a fee for getting continuous updates.

Keep up the good work and please think about contributing to the community with your outstanding talent.
Pages:
Jump to: