Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 4. (Read 2144940 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
After 2-3 days experimenting, I can say that there are enough alternatives to Claymore's miner. With xmrig, xmr-stack and especially SRB I can achieve stable 450-500 h/s for tahiti 280 cards, 715-750 h/s for hawaii 390, and 910-930 for polaris 570 and 580 cards (with the usual bios mod and overclock as for ethereum). I don't need Claymore' s eth miner anymore also. Xmr is more profitable than eth, and with the coming reduction of the eth reward the minig of eth will be near its end. Thanks to Claymore for all his job so far, but it is time to move on!  Wink

How to do this? I have 580 and get ~600 h/s.
Please, what is you miner and settings?
legendary
Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028
Maybe consume less internet if its bad for a stomach Cool

POLLUTE THE NET LESS--

It is just plain bad pollution.  I read important threads.  When I post, I try to make a valid contribution.       --scryptr
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Maybe consume less internet if its bad for a stomach Cool
legendary
Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028
I understand the reasons why Claymore stops development (he sad no time), but I dont understand why other coders cant to continue this great development. Why not share sources or find the team, who can support code, enable devfee again and all will have a profit?

CLAYMORE HALTED DEVELOPMENT--

But just a few posts back he said he would continue his work on the CryptoNote miner, and include some of the newer algorithms.  In that post he said no timeline.

Actually all the spam posts written since then, asking for something he promised, turn my stomach.  People are posting without reading the last few pages of the topic.  Please mine with caution, don't spread panic about an imaginary cave-in.       --scryptr

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
I checked the profitability between XMR and ETH and with an RX GPU is around $0.10 per day of more profit, so you are not exactly going to buy a lambo soon unless you got a warehouse full of GPUs.

Also, I agree that its more technical to mine XMR so most people stick with ETH, however the latest version of Nicehash miner supports XMR-Stak and people will config it and use it and the profitability will be equal more or less.

And I agree with the above poster, the -ttli (temp controlled intensity) is a good feature of Claymore because if one of your fans die, then it would limit the hashing speed and not cause it to overheat, and without Claymore you can't do this. You might wake up and some GPUs will run at 80-90C.
Activity: 40
After 2-3 days experimenting, I can say that there are enough alternatives to Claymore's miner. With xmrig, xmr-stack and especially SRB I can achieve stable 450-500 h/s for tahiti 280 cards, 715-750 h/s for hawaii 390, and 910-930 for polaris 570 and 580 cards (with the usual bios mod and overclock as for ethereum). I don't need Claymore' s eth miner anymore also. Xmr is more profitable than eth, and with the coming reduction of the eth reward the minig of eth will be near its end. Thanks to Claymore for all his job so far, but it is time to move on!  Wink

I installed all the options for mining programs on the new algorithm (Monero V8),
but they all can not work for a long time, they do not work for more than an hour or two and they need to be rebooted.
This has never happened during Claymore program working, which works for several weeks and even more than a month without a break and almost never turns off.
So, program from Mr.Claymore can not be compared with any other program!
We must all ask Mr.Claymore to write an update for his program to version v11.4
Dear friend Mr.Claymore! We want to see the program update (CryptoNightV8, CryptoNightSaber, CryptoNightHeavy).
Thanks!

Regards,
George
Activity: 62
Cannot convert blob data

How can I fix this?
Activity: 906
Merit: 507

Perhaps for Windows but not for Linux! I won't throw xmr stak on my simplemining R os. As it can't stop the cards if they overheat!! There is no option in simplemining that can stop it either! (r os 280x cards)
I just wish you could set different clocks for the r9 cards on simplemining
legendary
Activity: 1852
Merit: 2841
All good things to those who wait

I liked Claymore because you got that remote manager which shows you all the GPU temps and hashrates. And with XMR-STAK it doesn't work. You need to either monitor on the pool or monitor by the HTTP interface. You also can't remotely execute a reboot.bat file.

Yes XMR is more profitable but pretty soon people will discover this and switch over and the profitabililty will be the same between both based on the same power consumption. Just give it a few more weeks.

I will say less than a week... XMR difficulty go down just after the Fork but it is increasing very fast.
XMR has been more profitable for nearly half a year. The reason is that most of the biggest mining farms (if not all) use other OS with custom miners for eth. If for any of you with 3-4 rigs it is hard to change the OS and tune the miner, think about hundreds and thousands of rigs. For now windows miners give 20%-ish more hash than on other OS. But even some day the profit for eth is equalized with xmr, I will not switch to eth. The HF may be postponed for 2019, because of the lack of miners on the testnet (who does HF on weekends anyway?), but it is a matter of several months to happen. And finally, the POS will come. So IMO there is no reason to mine eth anymore.
Activity: 37

Perhaps for Windows but not for Linux! I won't throw xmr stak on my simplemining R os. As it can't stop the cards if they overheat!! There is no option in simplemining that can stop it either! (r os 280x cards)
Activity: 1

SRB 370 how to set up
Activity: 171

I liked Claymore because you got that remote manager which shows you all the GPU temps and hashrates. And with XMR-STAK it doesn't work. You need to either monitor on the pool or monitor by the HTTP interface. You also can't remotely execute a reboot.bat file.

Yes XMR is more profitable but pretty soon people will discover this and switch over and the profitabililty will be the same between both based on the same power consumption. Just give it a few more weeks.

I will say less than a week... XMR difficulty go down just after the Fork but it is increasing very fast.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

Activity: 171

ETH reward (fork) gonna be in 2019. They tried on tesnet but without succes.
legendary
Activity: 1852
Merit: 2841
All good things to those who wait
Activity: 37
Dearest Claymore maker!

Please
PLEASE
Pretty please!!

Update your awesome miner to monero v8. WE NEED IT!

All the alternatives are not good enough.

SRB is windows only.
XMR stak cant control temps or fan (problem on linux)
XMRIG.... heh.  God for CPU tho!

PLEASE! And also add in the fee! WE DONT MIND paying for your awesome miner!!
Activity: 40
Do you know any pool that supports v8 so I can test new version?

This pool is better https://web.xmrpool.eu/
Please help us, we are very dependent on updating your program.
We really need an update "pow8 1" (enable this function, please).

Thanks!
Activity: 9
Hi dear Claymore

Please launch an update for CryptoNightV8.  please please please
Cast-XMR and XMR-Stak are not good. after the update of XMR I forced to use them. my hash rate is not better than Claymores CryptoNote v11.3 which miner doesn't support AMD Vega series completely (only detecting 6GB of 8GB of memory).
Fan speeds with Claymore was between 27-40% and now its %50-60 and higher temp.
By Claymore I could control the temperature of each card, Power Limit, Memory Clock, Scheduled Resets, Restarting system, with User Friendly Environment and etc. but by these two shits I cant do anything.
Monitoring Claymore miner (all algorithms) by android app on WIFI is an excellent tool  Cheesy
With claymore my XMR miner didn't need to mouse, Keyboard and monitor, only connected to LAN and Power, Because after setting, it works automatically but now I should be a watchdog!  Sad I cant understand that why Nanopool default XMR miner is XMR-Stak!!! Huh
Please prepare a new version asap.

Thanks to Claymore team

long time no see so stupid man, you need stop mining it not for you

Thanks for your kindly reply !!! so you think a benefit above 1200 box on a rig is not good, hah?! it depends on XMRUSD price for me. My power cost is 0.019 per KWh  Grin
Activity: 156
Hi dear Claymore

Please launch an update for CryptoNightV8.  please please please
Cast-XMR and XMR-Stak are not good. after the update of XMR I forced to use them. my hash rate is not better than Claymores CryptoNote v11.3 which miner doesn't support AMD Vega series completely (only detecting 6GB of 8GB of memory).
Fan speeds with Claymore was between 27-40% and now its %50-60 and higher temp.
By Claymore I could control the temperature of each card, Power Limit, Memory Clock, Scheduled Resets, Restarting system, with User Friendly Environment and etc. but by these two shits I cant do anything.
Monitoring Claymore miner (all algorithms) by android app on WIFI is an excellent tool  Cheesy
With claymore my XMR miner didn't need to mouse, Keyboard and monitor, only connected to LAN and Power, Because after setting, it works automatically but now I should be a watchdog!  Sad I cant understand that why Nanopool default XMR miner is XMR-Stak!!! Huh
Please prepare a new version asap.

Thanks to Claymore team

long time no see so stupid man, you need stop mining it not for you
Pages:
Jump to: