Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1066. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 449
Merit: 251
+1
basicaly there is Genoil on AMD making some progress , djm flashed sick digits and afterwards showed middle finger to nvidia userbase , so we are left without any kind of dev progress and any idea if actualy anyone plan to do some cuda based coding.

Nvidia would work better with OpenCL if Nvidia didn't middle finger anything not proprietary, and push CUDA so hard. The only reason CUDA was ever invented was vendor lock, and so they started it early to stranglehold the GPGPU market.  AMD cards are a lot better perf/dollar for the popular coins anyway, so it makes sense to prioritize AMD.
Activity: 142
Merit: 10
+1
basicaly there is Genoil on AMD making some progress , djm flashed sick digits and afterwards showed middle finger to nvidia userbase , so we are left without any kind of dev progress and any idea if actualy anyone plan to do some cuda based coding.
Activity: 119
Merit: 100
@Claymore what do you think about existing zcash cpu miners?
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
I have 4 rigs running 2 X 295X2 (4 GPU total) and the triple instance crashed the whole box. Needed a hard boot.
> "-k zec zec zec" will use close to 6 GB of vram
> 295X2
> 8Gb card, 4Gb PER GPU

Try "-k zec zec" for 295X2  Cool

Yep, tried that. Made swap min 20g and max 40g, ran with -k zec zec and getting

zconn not accepted : null 20

but hash per card is about 35-36 which with one instance was 29-30, but not accepted
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Hotmetal - what miner are you using and what settings? Thanks

Genoil and using -k zec zec zec
(that will use close to 6 GB of ram on your GPU)

thanks hotmetal.... my 6x480 just went overdrive!

that zec x 3 = 3 zec instances?

My rig:
Sapphire 480 8gb vram
celeron 1840 on H81 BTC Pro
8gb RAM, SSD 120GB

I assume the triple ZEC instance only runs on 470/480 cards? Defiantly helps those, but I have 4 rigs running 2 X 295X2 (4 GPU total) and the triple instance crashed the whole box. Needed a hard boot.

works on 8GB cards.  it is ~1700MB per instance, though this was reduced to like 1250 or so on recent update, so maybe doable on 4GB.  Also need to have a large page file, or some instance will crash with openCL error.  For 4 GPUs, I set 20GB page file to be able to do 2 instances each.  Get ~35MH on genoil, though the miner is unstable.  Get ~29MH on newer https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/open-source-zec-zcash-gpu-miner-amd-nvidia-up-to-45-sols-on-rx480-1660023  Sapphire RX-470 8GB cards, default clocks.
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
I have 4 rigs running 2 X 295X2 (4 GPU total) and the triple instance crashed the whole box. Needed a hard boot.
> "-k zec zec zec" will use close to 6 GB of vram
> 295X2
> 8Gb card, 4Gb PER GPU

Try "-k zec zec" for 295X2  Cool
Activity: 575

thanks hotmetal.... my 6x480 just went overdrive!

that zec x 3 = 3 zec instances?

My rig:
Sapphire 480 8gb vram
celeron 1840 on H81 BTC Pro
8gb RAM, SSD 120GB

I assume the triple ZEC instance only runs on 470/480 cards? Defiantly helps those, but I have 4 rigs running 2 X 295X2 (4 GPU total) and the triple instance crashed the whole box. Needed a hard boot.
Activity: 535
Merit: 250
Love me tender
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
@claymore

Have you been keeping up with genoil's miner and the issues that it has been having with various pools? for example how the pools are rejecting stale shares and causing individual gpus to show 0.0 sol? How a restart script is needed to have some sort stability? I hope that you take all the time that you need to address these issues so that we can have a good stable miner. Thank you and your work is much appreciated!

if you have been a user of Claymore's ETH Dual Miner and XMR/Cryptonight miner.... you will see all of the above is quite standard for Claymore's work. Can't wait for his ZEC miner...

Yes I am claymore's miner user. Just wanted to double tap these issues. Claymore does quality work.
Activity: 48
Activity: 676
Activity: 8
1-2 days I think.

All props to you! Smiley Would love to see GCN 1 support for them nice 7970s and r9 270s Smiley TY!
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
@claymore

Would it be possible in the future to mine dual mode with ZEC paring? If it stays at the same price that is.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
@claymore

Have you been keeping up with genoil's miner and the issues that it has been having with various pools? for example how the pools are rejecting stale shares and causing individual gpus to show 0.0 sol? How a restart script is needed to have some sort stability? I hope that you take all the time that you need to address these issues so that we can have a good stable miner. Thank you and your work is much appreciated!

if you have been a user of Claymore's ETH Dual Miner and XMR/Cryptonight miner.... you will see all of the above is quite standard for Claymore's work. Can't wait for his ZEC miner...
Activity: 44
@claymore

Activity: 476
1-2 days I think.

Shocked Can't wait. I literally keep checking this forum all day.
Activity: 476

Wish I had realized this earlier. Thanks!
Activity: 10
1-2 days I think.

Excellent. Will HD7970 and R9 280x gpus be supported ?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
1-2 days I think.
Jump to: