Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1069. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
100 sol's on a 390 holy b-jesus! Claymore, so glad to see you doing this.  You helped change the game for Ethereum mining now let's see what's capable for Zcash.  You again hopefully can set the bar.  As far as the other mining software and dev's you can't complain.  Most work well enough but this news makes their miners look like a cut/paste-youtube-lesson on c++. This coin isn't all hype it by far has years of research and development and a strong Dev team behind it.  Haven't been excited like this since late 2013.  Best wishes Claymore and thanks for the community support.
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Hi xardos any chance you can give us a little more info on how to configure and run this script, I used powershell to run it and changed the Arguments = to my address etc, but when I try running it, all I get is a dos box with some red writing in it flash up, then it quits pretty quickly (couple of seconds) back to the desktop, like nothing happened.

Not very familiar with powershell scripts, so any help is appreciated.

Thank you
First just click on the powershell script(monitor_restart.ps1) and edit in your pool/username info and save it. Then type powershell in your search box in windows, right click powershell and run as admin. As it says in the readme: Start > Search ... type - "PowerShell" and Run as administrator. Copy this: Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned   then control+v to paste it into the powershell window, then select A by hitting a on your keyboard.

This whole thing is set to be run from C:\ZECminer, but you can edit the Start.cmd file to point to wherever you have the files located. Boy that sounds tough. Short version, wherever you have ZECminer folder, go inside and right click the start.cmd file and replace the line cd C:\ZECMiner with where you folder is actually located. Mine for example is cd C:\Users\Me\Downloads\Zcash\ZECMiner

Then to start your miner simply click the start.cmd file.
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
Firstly I'm going to release fast ZEC miner, not dual.
Please don't spam my PM, I don't send/sell pre-release version. As soon as it is ready, I'll make it public.
It's a lot of work to create a good miner, I think I will release first version in 2-3 days.

Nice too see you around again and thx for the updates looking forward to your zcash miner.  your 100H/s target is insane to work on but no doubt am sure a master like you will get this or exceed or come close to it.

Given how under utilised the GPU and FB/Memory Controller usage is on RX480/290x even when getting 35~45 sol/s I think 100 sol/s per card will definitely be attainable.

You're right, but you can enjoy low consumption at least for a few days Smiley
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
Hi xardos any chance you can give us a little more info on how to configure and run this script, I used powershell to run it and changed the Arguments = to my address etc, but when I try running it, all I get is a dos box with some red writing in it flash up, then it quits pretty quickly (couple of seconds) back to the desktop, like nothing happened.

Not very familiar with powershell scripts, so any help is appreciated, I am running the Genoil miner from a desktop folder, under Windows 7 ultimate 64bit. Below is my config:-

do {
    Write-Host "Setting up process" -ForegroundColor Green
    [int]$global:count = 0
    [int]$global:countstr = 0
    [bool]$global:restart = $false
    $pinfo = New-Object System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo
    $pinfo.FileName = "genoil.exe"
    $pinfo.Arguments = "-c zec-eu.suprnova.cc:2142 -u hal1000.hal1 -p 1 -g 0 1 -k zec zec"
    $pinfo.UseShellExecute = $false
    $pinfo.CreateNoWindow = $false
    $pinfo.RedirectStandardOutput = $true
    $pinfo.RedirectStandardError = $false
    $process = New-Object System.Diagnostics.Process
    $process.StartInfo = $pinfo

$OutEvent = Register-ObjectEvent -InputObject $process -EventName OutputDataReceived -Action {
   $global:countstr = 0;
        $stdout = $Event.SourceEventArgs.Data
        Write-Host $stdout
   if ($stdout.Contains(": 0.0S/s"))
        {
            Write-Host "--WARNING. PROCESS WILL BE RESTARTED SOON-- Count error:" $global:count -ForegroundColor Yellow
            $global:count += 1;
        }
        if ($stdout.Contains(": job not found"))
        {
            Write-Host "--WARNING. PROCESS WILL BE RESTARTED SOON-- Count error:" $global:count -ForegroundColor Yellow
            $global:count += 1;
        }

if($global:count -gt 5)
        {
            Write-Host "--KILLING PROCESS AND RESTARTING--" -ForegroundColor Red
            $global:restart = $true
            $global:count = 0
            Stop-Process -processname genoil
        }
    }
    $process.Start()
    $process.BeginOutputReadLine()
    Write-Host "Process started" -ForegroundColor Green
    while (!$process.HasExited)
    {

$global:countstr += 1;
   if ($global:countstr -gt 15)
   {
      $global:restart = $true
           $global:count = 0
                Stop-Process -processname genoil
      break;
   }
   Start-Sleep -Seconds 1
    }
}
while($global:restart)
$OutEvent.Name |
    ForEach-Object {Unregister-Event -SourceIdentifier $_}
Write-Host "Process finished"

Thank you
The genoil.exe is a different size from what Genoil released. I highly suggest you replace the one in the download with the original version straight from Genoil's github: https://github.com/Genoil/ZECMiner/blob/master/releases/genoil-zec-miner-0.5.zip
Today I tried existing miners, I don't like their stability and speed.
Ok, I will release first version of my ZCash miner very soon. AMD only.

Great news!! Equihash + AMD currently equals bug city. And the primary coin is worth more than 1 btc, close to 2.

Agreed, to keep the miners running I had to use a script loop to relaunch them every 10 minutes Cheesy
At least the restart is pretty fast.

care to share your script  please Smiley
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3wMsc4FJjHyYjdjLVB4YnNIR2M/view
Activity: 36
Merit: 0

Great news!! Equihash + AMD currently equals bug city. And the primary coin is worth more than 1 btc, close to 2.

Agreed, to keep the miners running I had to use a script loop to relaunch them every 10 minutes Cheesy

care to share your script  please Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

Activity: 33

Activity: 682
Please don't spam my PM, I don't send/sell pre-release version. As soon as it is ready, I'll make it public.
It's a lot of work to create a good miner, I think I will release first version in 2-3 days.

Nice too see you around again and thx for the updates looking forward to your zcash miner.  your 100H/s target is insane to work on but no doubt am sure a master like you will get this or exceed or come close to it.

Given how under utilised the GPU and FB/Memory Controller usage is on RX480/290x even when getting 35~45 sol/s I think 100 sol/s per card will definitely be attainable.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

Activity: 36
thanks lord @claymore !!!
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

Thanks for the update! I'll stick with your ethereum miner till that time. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1881
Merit: 3057
All good things to those who wait
Which is the latest stable Radeon driver both for ETH and Zec? I am still using 15.12 but with the genoil Zec miner the sols from R9 390 are around 20 - less than my 280x which are around 30 sols.
Activity: 519
Merit: 250

Claymore, I love you man! Smiley

It depends on how fast he can deliver the ZCash miner. If it is out in the next 5 days, that is excellent.
Activity: 199

Claymore, I love you man! Smiley
Activity: 124
Is your ZEC miner will be compatible with RemoteManager?
Activity: 144
Merit: 10
Earn with impressio.io
Damn,
Right about now I wish I had a few 100 GPU's extra to mine with. Jeez!

I believe that you wish to mine the ZCash. It is a good coin to mine and it has good community support.
Activity: 3
Hi,
please help me.

My miner is
Asrock H81 pro btc
and
Asrock H85 anniversary

6x Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8 Gb
16Gb RAM
120 Gb SSD
Win 10 home
16.9.2 drivers
7.2 claymore / with 16.7.3 the problem is the same
16800 - 60000 Gb virtual memory
SPU 1x835w for motherboard and SSD and 1400 w for 6 cards

temp max 65C
- 20% volt

After mining not more than 1 hour - claymore blocks and the error is that Etherminer.exe stop working.
Please see attachment.
What is wrong in this configuration

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal address.RX480_1 -epsw x -eworker RX480_1 -esm 1 -allpools 1 -lidag 3 -r 20

i try with setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 but the system is going absolutely unstable and the miner cannot start at all.
Please help Sad Sad Huh Huh Huh

https://i.imgur.com/fVo4MIA.png
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Damn,
Right about now I wish I had a few 100 GPU's extra to mine with. Jeez!
Jump to: