Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1088. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 449
Merit: 251
@Claymore, few questions:

1) -cclock: you wrote "you can overclock only", but it seems not to be true for, at least, Windows and Polaris. My 470x can be underclocked (GPU set to 1150 for all states).
2) Any chance to support -cclock and -mclock on Linux for amdgpu-pro drivers (for Polaris)? It is not said "unsupported on Linux", but does not work for me (mem can't be set to 1950 using this).
3) Any chance to support -cvddc and -mvddc on Linux for amdgpu-pro drivers?
4) Are older cards like 7950/7970 supported using amdgpu-pro drivers on Linux?
5) There is an issue on Windows when used -*clock commands: they are applied at some init stage, but for my 470x it instantly changes hashrates only for the card with monitor connected. I can stop and resume other cards for changes to take effect (and show correct/new hashrate), but probably makes sense to fix it somehow, so miner shows correct hashrates after applying values. Of course, if you run it for 2+ time, drivers keep settings and there is no that effect. Still, it is surprising when you run minr with some value and it is not reflected in hashrates.

1. AMD disabled underclocking in theri drivers in past. May be it enabled it again in recent drivers, I did not check it.
2. Linux requires root access for it, I remember someone said that even sudo is not working.
3. Did not check if it is possible.
4. I did not check it.
5. So if I take two 4xx cards, start miner with -*clock option and it will change clocks only for one card?

1. Maybe makes sense to update readme (saying about "in the past")?
2. I am ready to test it, just give us an option and write in readme that it "requires root permissions". Better than not have it at all.
3. Same here, please check since I can't use Linux with RX470. Nitro+ 4GB reflashed, GPU opts are loaded, but Mem Voltage set to 1000mV regardless of my settings. So all runs at 1000mV instead of 900-875. On windows I can undervolt and it preserved by drivers, on Linux still no-go.
4. I may check that later, I have some mixed system.
5. No. In short: changing memory clock using any tool does not change displayed hashrate until miner restarted or card stopped/resumed. Except a card with monitor connected: for it new hashrate is shown instantly.

When I change memory freq using any tool (WattTool) for a single card while miner is running, it instantly changes displayed hashrate only if the card has connected monitor (tested on Rx470). For headless cards the hashrate shown is not changed until miner restarted or card stopped/resumed. That seems to be a feature (@All: please confirm, but I saw someone complained for the same issue).
When you change freq using miner cmdline, and previous freq was not the same, miner sets freq but shows hashrate for old freq until restarted.

2. I would be fore trying to set voltages in Linux.  I use Win7 just because I can undervolt, some mobos are under-used though Sad
5. Some cards I have, wattman doesn't allow changing clocks/voltages unless I pause miner.  I didn't think of if monitor was connected.  I have some display emulators I got for $15 that helps with VNC, but not sure it would be worth it for more than that...
GH
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
3. Same here, please check since I can't use Linux with RX470. Nitro+ 4GB reflashed, GPU opts are loaded, but Mem Voltage set to 1000mV regardless of my settings. So all runs at 1000mV instead of 900-875. On windows I can undervolt and it preserved by drivers, on Linux still no-go.

If you are not able to find one single working tool to set voltages under Linux, why not just code it into BIOS if you already reflash it?
Activity: 353

1) -cclock: you wrote "you can overclock only", but it seems not to be true for, at least, Windows and Polaris. My 470x can be underclocked (GPU set to 1150 for all states).
2) Any chance to support -cclock and -mclock on Linux for amdgpu-pro drivers (for Polaris)? It is not said "unsupported on Linux", but does not work for me (mem can't be set to 1950 using this).
5) There is an issue on Windows when used -*clock commands: they are applied at some init stage, but for my 470x it instantly changes hashrates only for the card with monitor connected. I can stop and resume other cards for changes to take effect (and show correct/new hashrate), but probably makes sense to fix it somehow, so miner shows correct hashrates after applying values. Of course, if you run it for 2+ time, drivers keep settings and there is no that effect. Still, it is surprising when you run minr with some value and it is not reflected in hashrates.

1. AMD disabled underclocking in theri drivers in past. May be it enabled it again in recent drivers, I did not check it.
2. Linux requires root access for it, I remember someone said that even sudo is not working.
4. I did not check it.
5. So if I take two 4xx cards, start miner with -*clock option and it will change clocks only for one card?

1. Maybe makes sense to update readme (saying about "in the past")?
2. I am ready to test it, just give us an option and write in readme that it "requires root permissions". Better than not have it at all.
4. I may check that later, I have some mixed system.
5. No. In short: changing memory clock using any tool does not change displayed hashrate until miner restarted or card stopped/resumed. Except a card with monitor connected: for it new hashrate is shown instantly.

When I change memory freq using any tool (WattTool) for a single card while miner is running, it instantly changes displayed hashrate only if the card has connected monitor (tested on Rx470). For headless cards the hashrate shown is not changed until miner restarted or card stopped/resumed. That seems to be a feature (@All: please confirm, but I saw someone complained for the same issue).
When you change freq using miner cmdline, and previous freq was not the same, miner sets freq but shows hashrate for old freq until restarted.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001
Houston have a problem!

I start mining ETC + SIA on suprnova with 2x nvidia gtx 1070 .

Use this .bat :

ethdcrminer64.exe -epool etc-eu.suprnova.cc:3333 -ewal YourLogin.YourWorkerName -epsw mypassword -esm 3 -dpool sia.suprnova.cc:7777 -dwal YourLogin.YourWorkerName -dpsw mypassword -dcoin sia -allpools 1 -allcoins -1

The mining work ok :

BUT!

etc-eu.suprnova.cc send correctly share and i have ETC

sia.suprnova.cc not send share or dont show and dont have any siacoin .

Help Smiley .

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

4. I did not check it.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
i have 3 videocards 2 of r9 380 and 1 rx480. None are overclocked and all work only in ETH mode. Each eats 150W measured by me at the wall. My psu is 1200w, and handles 1000w 90% certified. Total power request is in benchmark 100% load on everything 700w.
The rx 480 is 3 days new, i got it replaced for my r9 380 warranty.
Theoretically all should be fine. However something isnt, and i thought its the compatibility problem of this miner with the catalyst 16 driver, as he even says to use 15.12...

I also have installed Minergate, now i mine with this until i solve the problem. However i would like to use Claymores miner as with it i see greater speeds for my cards.

Those are the speeds reported by clamores:

gpu0 tonga 20mhz
gpu1 tonga 20mhz
gpu2 elleswere 23mhz

And those are the speeds with the same pc but with minergate miner:
gpu0 tonga 17mhz
gpu1 tonga 17mhz
gpu2 elleswere 20mhz

Why is this? Is it really like 10% difference in profit depending on the mining software?
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
What do i do if i have mixed cards r9 380 & RX480? The recommended Catalyst 15.12. doesnt support the new RX400 series! Therefore if i use the latest version 16 catalyst, once in 24h i the miner stops and i get: GPU1 (which is rx480) hangs in openCL, and sometimes above that i get also in windows notification that my display driver recovered, and after 5 seconds a blue screen collecting info...

The question is how will the users who have videocards - rx4 series - use the catalyst 15.12, or this miner without errors?

Thanks
It's not drivers related. Seems like your rx480 is crashing. Either overclocked too far, or you PSU can't handle the load.
Activity: 6
What do i do if i have mixed cards r9 380 & RX480? The recommended Catalyst 15.12. doesnt support the new RX400 series! Therefore if i use the latest version 16 catalyst, once in 24h i the miner stops and i get: GPU1 (which is rx480) hangs in openCL, and sometimes above that i get also in windows notification that my display driver recovered, and after 5 seconds a blue screen collecting info...

The question is how will the users who have videocards - rx4 series - use the catalyst 15.12, or this miner without errors?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Claymore...you should bundle the shared linux libraries your miner depends on (ex libcurl.so.4), that way we dont have to install all the ethereum crap just for a mining machine.  Wink

Perhaps a single script to do all the necessary installations of libraries needed for CDM to run.

Or a special edition image for Ubuntu for Claymore Dual Miner would be excellent.

I have tried Ubuntu 16.04, 14.04 and installation of the AMD drivers is pain in the behind.

Resorting to Ubuntu 12.04 now ....
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
I have a problem:

WATCHDOG: GPU 2 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
Restarting OK, exit...

And after that I have to restart the PC, I cannot close the miner or start it again.

Have you tried the watchdog restart option -r 1?  When watchdog detects a problem with the -r 1 switch it will run the reboot.bat file.  Of course you have to create the reboot.bat file.  If you want it to reboot your pc for you you can just use the command:

shutdown /r /f /t 1

inside the reboot.bat batch file or whatever else you want to put in there when it hangs.
Activity: 353

Activity: 441
Merit: 252

Thank you very much.
I use it for gaming as well, so do you think this is the best?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202224
There is also one with a higher core clock rate, what do you think?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814202223

For Ethereum mining it's more about the memory speed not the processor.

Both of those 8 GB cards you linked have Effective Memory Clock: 8000 MHz.  If you look at the specifications for the 4 GB version it only has 7000 MHz memory.

For gaming (which you said you do) you would want the higher core clock rate.  So the second one would overall be better. (IMHO) Buy me one and send me one for gaming and I'll let you know Wink
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
[quote author=PeaMine link=topic=14339

SAPPHIRE NITRO+ 470 OC--

The Sapphire 4XX series cards have a big following.  BIOS mods are available for them, and the 470 8GB OC model looks like the best bang for the buck.  The cards have metal, heat-conducting shells, not plastic.  They are really well made.

There are reports of 29-31MH/s with a BIOS modded Sapphire Nitro RX 470 8GB cards when mining ETH.  The Saphire RX 480 8GB OC cards will do slightly better, but cost more, and consume more power.       --scryptr

@29mhs rx 480 consume more power than rx 470?
I can have 480 very cheap.. only few % more than 470 but if rx 4
70 consume less power I'd prefer to buy rx 470..

And anyone  here can help me with my friends Ati radeon hd 5xxx Cypress series (2gb RAM)?

Thank you very much.
I use it for gaming as well, so do you think this is the best?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202224
There is also one with a higher core clock rate, what do you think?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814202223
legendary
Activity: 2153
Merit: 1400
Claymore...you should bundle the shared linux libraries your miner depends on (ex libcurl.so.4), that way we dont have to install all the ethereum crap just for a mining machine.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
I have a problem:

Restarting OK, exit...

And after that I have to restart the PC, I cannot close the miner or start it again.

Are you using the over-clocking options of the Claymore's miner? I had that problem when I used the miner to undervolt. However, soon I realized that I'm undervolting too much, so then I increased the voltage and it's working since then like charm. It occurred once I had set the power limit way low to -40% through miner's settings as well. I had to increase that limit after seeing that error.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
I have a problem:

Restarting OK, exit...

Please provide us more  info like your system motherboard PSU etc. Please run miner with
-dbg 1 option set and give us log
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
I have a problem:

Restarting OK, exit...

Activity: 73
Hellow Claymore.
I have one problem. In the rig i have two HIS RX 470/ All works fine exept monitoring. Miner show only one(the first) gpu stats(temp. and fan).
Disable Crossfire
its does not enabled. if GPU-Z show correct info.
And in new (16.9) drivers i can't find this options. Where is it?
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
Hi, all. Looking for information about following questions.

1. I am sometimes switch my mining rig(2x7950) to Diamond coin which uses groestl algo. Using 14.6 AMD Catalyst driver gives almost 80% more hashrate for groestl algo, but Claymore requires 15.12 at least. Claymore won't load at 14.6, just checked it. Is it possible somehow to switch between 14.6 and 15.12 AMD Catalyst drivers fast ?
2. I've heard Claymore supports mining Eth forks along with SIA coin. Is it more profitable than ETH + DCR ? What is exact amount of profit i can get with 2x7950 when adding SIA dual mode mining ?

Thanks all  Smiley

1. If You use sgminer for Diamond mining, find amd_opencl32.dll, amd_opencl64.dll, amdocl.dll and amdocl64.dll from unpacked Catalyst 14.6 folders and copy them to the sgminer folder.
2. Use https://whattomine.com/merged_coins/2-eth-sc and take into account miner fees 2%, pool fees and increased power for dual mining to calculate profitability.

Thx! For 1st answer. I've found and copied them. Now i can reinstall 15.12 and still get boost on mining Diamond coin via sgminer like under 14.6 drivers?  Do i need to point sgminer onto this files and specify any options ?

No need to instruct sgminer, it will use them if found in it's folder. Not a bad practice to make copies of .bin files You had good hashrate with.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001
Something important

Is there any way to auto-restart miner if it hangs in the miner thread with the build in Watchdog?
Jump to: